/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A fictitious account dedicated to my violated sisters in Kashmir.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
A fictitious account dedicated to my violated sisters in Kashmir.

As she limped home, the nausea re-emerged and had her retching and vomiting. After a full five minutes, the dizziness receded and she was able to continue the long journey home. Some old men walked past; she pulled her burqah further down to cover her face. Despite years of her father's gentle admonitions, she had only recently abided by the Shari’ah injunction of veiling. She used to feel modest enough wearing the traditional transparent duppata over her head, but things were different now. Now she clung to her burqah as though it would offer protection from further violations.

She started gasping for breath; the memories were resurfacing after all these
weeks of self-imposed amnesia. Against her will she once again heard the raucous laughter and felt the searing pain. "Ya Allah, Ya Allah" she had cried. It was the first time she could recall ever praying to Him. "Allah?" they had mocked. "Which Allah? Your religion is a lie; there is no Allah. There is only us, and you, and we can do what we want to you."

As yet another Hindu soldier moved forward to take his turn, she had curled herself up in a protective ball, trying to make herself invisible. Never in her life had she felt such pain, not even when as a child, she had fallen whilst running and broken her ankle. Her mouth was wide open and the screams were deafeningly silent. She was blind to everything except her private terror. The thought of possible consequences had not occurred to her then. Perhaps had she envisaged then, what she suspected now, she would have lost her mind completely. Perhaps she was just ill from the stress, and was jumping to conclusions.

As twilight approached, she finally reached home. Ever since the incident, she had had one thought on her mind: home. She had felt that once there, things would somehow be all right again. Looking at the door with its hinges broken off, she blinked back the tears. It was a strong door and had protected them in the winter from the icy winds, but eight soldiers with heavy boots and a determination to enter had defeated it.

Would her family read the shame on her face? She had planned to pretend that they had merely beaten her. As she entered, she saw her father with his head bent, silently murmuring a du'a. He had not noticed her enter, but her sisters had. They screamed with fright and relief, and the old man jumped. As she unwillingly met his eyes, she broke down and fell into his lap.

For what seemed like an eternity, he cried with his daughter, his youngest child. He had immediately guessed what she had endured. For six weeks he had been ill with worry. He had envisaged her dead, and now here she was, broken and humiliated. The world stood up for animal rights, he thought angrily, yet his daughter was only a Muslim girl. The Indian army was free to violate her honour as they pleased in his absence, and the world looked the other way. He noticed how she was clinging to her burqah, but said nothing.

As the months went by, the whispered sympathies of the women at the well receded. She took little comfort in this fact: it would start up again, once her condition was apparent.

How vigorously it thrashed inside her! Sometimes it terrified her, despite its small size. At the back of her mind was the dread that it would resemble whichever soldier had fathered it. That thought did not surface to her conscious mind, but at night she had vivid nightmares about it. She would awaken, and seek refuge in Allah from them coming true.

For the first time in her life, she was praying regularly, and fully veiling. This veil that the West so despised made her feel protected and chaste. It helped her forget her shame when she rarely ventured outside. Fasting helped her attain a serenity that she had never before experienced. Without her eemaan, she would probably have had an abortion, or been one of the many unreported suicides that such cases result in.

Her father had taken her sisters to the market, so she was all alone the day the contractions started. How she wished her mother had not passed away so many years ago; she needed her so much at this moment. As the pains grew longer and closer together, her screams intensified. That horrific night, they had been silent screams, audible only in her mind. This time, she felt as though the entire Valley might hear her.

The child was somehow delivered, but she had only the vaguest of memories of that moment. She was verging on unconsciousness. Against her will, she drowsily looked at her son for the first time. She exhaled a sigh of relief, the first in nine long months. She saw no features to remind her of his violent conception.
Growing up, the boy witnessed the atrocities carried out against the villagers whenever the army passed through. His small fists would clench, and he would dread those nights when his mother, as if reliving the past, would begin to scream hysterically. He had long ago guessed what whispered conversations overheard at the well had confirmed. His eyes would burn with a desire for revenge, a yearning that he knew his mother understood - only too well.

The years passed, and now her father had also departed from this world. She often wept, as she recalled him playing with his grandson, whom he favoured, as if to make up for his lack of a father. He never pressurized her to give the child away, unlike so many others. “For the believer, there is benefit in every test from Allah”, he had always reminded her. She understood the wisdom behind those words now. Looking at her son, a young man now, she felt immensely proud. She could hold her head up now; she had raised him well. Every day she prayed for his Shahaadah. With each expedition he partook in, every soldier he killed, her pain was slowly diminished.

How amazing it was she thought, that this same young man - borne from the rape of a young Muslim girl – was now inflicting so much damage upon the very army that had fathered him.

Source: Islamicawakening.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 09:48 AM
i couldnt bare to read anymore after the 3rd paragraph.... :(

:(

where are the mujahids :(

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
:salamext:

Read it akhi :) the ending is amazing.. Allaah sends forces from places you couldn't imagine.. and that is the truth, you'll realise that once you read it till the last paragraph. And the praise is for Him, the Lord of the Worlds.

And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion. [Qur'an 65:3]

Salama
06-05-2007, 09:53 AM
My Allah that was a sad read. But alhamdulilah the end was a releif.

May Allah azawajal help the ummah with all their struggles.

Allahmumma ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 09:56 AM

ameen to your dua' sister.. Verily, with every difficulty there is relief. [Qur'an 94: 6]

vpb
06-05-2007, 09:56 AM
:sl:

subhanallah , touchy story .

may Allah grant them both Jannah. Ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Alhamdulilllah... he became a mujaahid.

may Allah make us of them and of the shuhada, Ameen

------
06-05-2007, 10:13 AM

Mashaa Allaah that was a really good story :)

Gangster No.1
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
May Allah make us all strong and inshlahh fight these oppresors and make us mujadeens, ameen

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
May Allah make us all strong and inshlahh fight these oppresors and make us mujadeens, ameen
Ameen ya rabb..

Helena
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
A beautiful light/insight to Islam.....at the end something good always takes place...we may not be aware of it..when we are in a particular situation....

may this bring the ummah closer inshAllah...:) ....

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Im sorry, whats the point of posting imaginary article demonizing hindus? I also take it none of you have any problem when the media publishes their stories about crimes/terrorism and tells the perpetrators religion is islam.

Over all, pretty good story to spread xenophobia: demonizes hindus, glorifies war and fighting against them, and manages to make cheap blanket statement about west. :thumbs_up

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 11:04 AM
It's the reality ^ that's what is truelly happening today within Kashmir. The character may be fictional, but alot of sisters are facing this today in the Muslim world.

Regards.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Suomipoika
Over all, pretty good story to spread xenophobia: demonizes hindus, glorifies war and fighting against them, and manages to make cheap blanket statement about west. :thumbs_up
the article shows the oppression the kashmiri's are put through and shows their perserverence through such torture due to remembrance of God.

it may be fictitious but this does indeed occur on a regular basis in certain countries.

Also the moral serves a deep purpose to help muslims understand that God is indeed in control and will deal out retribution accordingly so we must not lose faith.

now please take your negativity out of here :)

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
It's the reality ^ that's what is truelly happening today within Kashmir. The character may be fictional, but alot of sisters are facing this today in the Muslim world.

Regards.
So post the real stories then? Why the need to make up stuff about innocent muslims who never hurt anyone and evil hindu army on rampage to rape just to spread hate?

And again, why the need to tell the perpetrators religion?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
like mentioned before, its based on real occurences, dramatized so that people can try to understand the feelings of the ones being put through such torture.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 11:21 AM
So post the real stories then? Why the need to make up stuff about innocent muslims who never hurt anyone and evil hindu army on rampage to rape just to spread hate?
On 4th October 1995, at Khandeya village, the Indian army swept in attacking residents and sexually harassing women. The whole population, 105 families in all, fled. "We can never return there", said Safina, 30, her six year-old child slung in her hip. She wept as she related the ordeal of rape including six other women. A ten year-old showed how his teeth had been smashed. Khandeya is now a ghost village.
http://www.gharib.demon.co.uk/kchr/opress.htm

http://pakistantimes.net/2005/03/12/kashmir4.htm
http://www.mediamonitors.net/mosaddeq3.html

Maybe because that's the difference between them? There is no other difference apart from their religion, if you've seen a pakistani or an indian, they look alike. The difference they're fighting over is a religious matter aswell as nationalistic in some ways. However, the real war is against Islaam.

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
like mentioned before, its based on real occurences, dramatized so that people can try to understand the feelings of the ones being put through such torture.
Even if its based on real occurences it doesnt really explain why the need to tell the perpetrators religion. I see so much complaining in these forums when muslims and/or islam is mentioned with a crime committed by a muslim. Im just wondering why it is then okay to do it to others what is so heavily criticized when its done to "you" (I actually have no idea whether you specifically complain about it). Best of all, this story is a fantasy.

NoName55
06-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Even if its based on real occurences it doesnt really explain why the need to tell the perpetrators religion. I see so much complaining in these forums when muslims and/or islam is mentioned with a crime committed by a muslim. Im just wondering why it is then okay to do it to others what is so heavily criticized when its done to "you" (I actually have no idea whether you specifically complain about it). Best of all, this story is a fantasy.
I suppose there is no need as any halfwit knows that it is the the kafar hindu army that is rampaging in kashmir.

on the other hand I bet you will rejoice if a crime was commited by someone with an Islamic sounding name and it was plastered all over the media that a Muslim did it. lets try islam for the crime of individual.

But dont mention religion of hindu army of occupation because it somehow besmirches the name of holy cow

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Horrific read.

Maybe because that's the difference between them? There is no other difference apart from their religion, if you've seen a pakistani or an indian, they look alike. The difference they're fighting over is a religious matter aswell as nationalistic in some ways.
How about distinquishing the perpetrators by the uniform they wear, not the religion? Seems to me according to the articles you posted, that the violations are mostly done by indian army. But I do also think there is gross human rights violations committed by muslims, (I use the word muslims, because distinquishing by religion seems to be okay to you in this case) as was admitted atleast in the mediamonitor article. And that is also a part of the picture left out in the fantasy story.

Im sorry, but it seems very "double standardish" to me, if religion is used to justify mass murder, attempts of mass murder, to cause terror, its wrong to say that religion. But if the conflict is partly about religion, and there isnt really other way to make difference, then saying the religion is okay...

However, the real war is against Islaam.
I really dont believe that. Do you have something to back up this claim?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I really dont believe that. Do you have something to back up this claim?
just out of curiousity and i dont know but do you think since the "war on terror" was announced there have been other religious groups suspected of terrorist activites?

if so wats the ratio of muslims > others suspected?

seriously just check the statistics it will make it clear..

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I suppose there is no need as any halfwit knows that it is the the kafar hindu army that is rampaging in kashmir.

on the other hand I bet you will rejoice if a crime was commited by someone with an Islamic sounding name and it was plastered all over the media that a Muslim did it. lets try islam for the crime of individual.
Actually I have no problem when people/news tell as much information about the perpetrators including religion, skin colour, nationality, sex, etc etc etc.

I have however a problem that when islam/muslim is mentioned with crime, on these forums, there is a wave of complainment. But when hindus are painted as evil, its merely a good story.

But dont mention religion of hindu army of occupation because it somehow besmirches the name of holy cow
Belittling another religion?

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 12:49 PM
just out of curiousity and i dont know but do you think since the "war on terror" was announced there have been other religious groups suspected of terrorist activites?

if so wats the ratio of muslims > others suspected?

seriously just check the statistics it will make it clear..
Which other religious group using religion as justification has made mass casualty attacks against civilians in the "west" in recent years?

I only can think ETA that has killed people, and Im pretty sure there is plenty of their members in jails.

---

Ps. To the person who sent me pm, Im sorry I cant reply yet.

NoName55
06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
sure hindus are ever so saintly, how dare these mozlems write any thing pro victim and anti-hindu post on their own forum.

hindus are so saintly that they regard us and shudhras less than cowdung (for if any muslim or shuddhra cast so much as a shadow on their choka it becomes unclean and has to be purified with a coating of cowdung mixed with water and soil.

they love us so much that if we get caught eating beef or slaughtering a cow, even on mere suspicion we can be lynched by burning or shooting
Belittling another religion?
Oh I am sorry if I left out the monkey, the elephant, the snake, kali or shiva lingum
Actually I have no problem when people/news tell as much information about the perpetrators including religion, skin colour, nationality, sex, etc etc etc.
of course that has nothing to do with mass media ownership being in kafar hands and richmeglomaniacs and profiteering vested interests. as such they are ever so even handed

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Which other religious group using religion as justification has made mass casualty attacks against civilians in the "west" in recent years?

I only can think ETA that has killed people, and Im pretty sure there is plenty of their members in jails.

---

Ps. To the person who sent me pm, Im sorry I cant reply yet.
you say this and you still cant admit its a war on islam?

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 01:03 PM
you say this and you still cant admit its a war on islam?
Why does that mean its war against islam?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
cassualties were alleged against muslims constantly but not a single claim was proven.

also remember the issue on the niqaab, remember the brothers in forest gate/canada and many other places in the west who got shot and terrorised in their own homes. remember the unjust support of israel and the invasion of iraq/afghanistan and lebanon. all of this was supported by the west, and yet they call it a war on terror, IF this was truelly a war on terror then the terrorists would be stopped (terrorist meaning those terrorising the millions in other countries) but this IS a war on islam due to the clear fact that it is constantly muslims getting attacked.

and we seem extreme when we show our outrage and try to defend ourselves.

why dont you consider the stance of the muslims for once? see their angle?

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Suomipoika, i don't usually say hindus are terrorists, however - in this case i purposelly did so to make it clear that the battle is between Muslims and Hindus.

You know why? Because of the fact that there are many Kashmiris who are from the same race. And on top of that - i believe without a doubt that it is a war of religions and ideologies, like bro ibnabdulHakim has explained. And it's these people who actually accuse Islaam of being evil, yet they are doing many acts of evil while justifying it by misquoting Islaam. What do others do? They follow it blindly, since they feel that whatever the media spoon feeds them is the truth.

Cognescenti
06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I have to say I am with Suomi on this. Any valid instructive purpose of this story is completely overshadowed by the destructive, hate-filled message. This is less a religious document than it is a recruiting tool for Mujahadin. It is completely manipulative. Even if based on historical facts, it has propaganda written all over it. The only thing missing is the martial music and video of the misbegotten hero, a big knife held in his teeth, machine gun belts slung over his shoulders, firing a huge machine gun from the hip at the swarm of murderous, swarthy Hindus bearing down on him. Maybe the could make the story in Bollywood if they could find a way to put some song and dance in it?

BTW...there is some really shocking anti-Hindu insults being slung around by an unnamed poster on this thread. Good thing there aren't any Hindus here to complain, eh?

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Thankyou for your opinion Cognescenti, if you never noticed - it was a woman in the plot. And it's ironic since you guys expect sympathy off others yet you don't share none yourselves? Atleast we condemn acts which are immoral.

Regards.

Cognescenti
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Thankyou for your opinion Cognescenti, if you never noticed - it was a woman in the plot. And it's ironic since you guys expect sympathy off others yet you don't share none yourselves? Atleast we condemn acts which are immoral.

Regards.
Greetings, Sir;

I was referring to this chap.

How amazing it was she thought, that this same young man - borne from the rape of a young Muslim girl – was now inflicting so much damage upon the very army that had fathered him.

BTW..I don't think your closing statement is even remotely fair. I have no doubt that evil acts have been comitted by Indian soldiers or by other Hindus and, as always, the weak suffer the most. How does complaining about the demonization of the fictional account undercut empathy for the real victims? What if this story were told to an impressionable, 18 year old Muslim man and it caused him to kill an innocent?

As for sympathy from Muslims. I am not asking for it, though it would be nice if the slaughter in the name of any religion were to stop.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Kool, i loved that part too.

Regards.

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 03:41 PM
cassualties were alleged against muslims constantly but not a single claim was proven.

also remember the issue on the niqaab, remember the brothers in forest gate/canada and many other places in the west who got shot and terrorised in their own homes. remember the unjust support of israel and the invasion of iraq/afghanistan and lebanon. all of this was supported by the west, and yet they call it a war on terror, IF this was truelly a war on terror then the terrorists would be stopped (terrorist meaning those terrorising the millions in other countries) but this IS a war on islam due to the clear fact that it is constantly muslims getting attacked.

and we seem extreme when we show our outrage and try to defend ourselves.

why dont you consider the stance of the muslims for once? see their angle?
I thought about this long, and to be honest, I dont really know what to say, seems what you think as truth and what I think as truth are lightyears apart. We could go on about Israel or Palestine, 9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their justification, but that would derail the thread, and it would also bring the conspiracy theorists out of their holes.

Its sort of ironical that you complain about the outrage against "you" when you try to defend yourself, however... well, it seems to very similar to outrage against USA when they are defending themselves...

I dont really believe that this is a war against islam, because, there are millions of muslims who life their lives as they please in the "west", and most muslim countries are not attacked by the "west". Even if I did see the truth the way you claim it to be, I dont really understand why handful of conflicts in which muslims are participants equal to "war on islam".

Why dont I see the angle of muslims? I guess for the same reasons why you dont see the real angle of the "west"? It really is not a war on islam.

Anyway, Im sorry for derailing the thread.

Suomipoika, i don't usually say hindus are terrorists, however - in this case i purposelly did so to make it clear that the battle is between Muslims and Hindus.

You know why? Because of the fact that there are many Kashmiris who are from the same race. And on top of that - i believe without a doubt that it is a war of religions and ideologies, like bro ibnabdulHakim has explained. And it's these people who actually accuse Islaam of being evil, yet they are doing many acts of evil while justifying it by misquoting Islaam. What do others do? They follow it blindly, since they feel that whatever the media spoon feeds them is the truth.
Its nice of you to make blatant statements about all members of one religion, and blame them for the actions of some of the said religion.

You want us to condemn act that was in a made up story? Did you condemn Scar when he let Simba's father fall in Lionking?

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
I thought about this long, and to be honest, I dont really know what to say, seems what you think as truth and what I think as truth are lightyears apart. We could go on about Israel or Palestine, 9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their justification, but that would derail the thread, and it would also bring the conspiracy theorists out of their holes.

Its sort of ironical that you complain about the outrage against "you" when you try to defend yourself, however... well, it seems to very similar to outrage against USA when they are defending themselves...

You see the irony there? The media has a whole right to label MUSLIMS terrorists, and that's justifiable?

Its nice of you to make blatant statements about all members of one religion, and blame them for the actions of some of the said religion.

Maybe i'm just talking about extreme hindus? Right? Or like i've stated loads of times before, maybe that's the only way we can distinguish between the two parties? Or do you know of another way? Because i'm sure that if you say indians, well theres muslim indians too, and if we say pakistani muslims - well theres hindus and sikhs living in pakistan too. So what can we title them?

You want us to condemn act that was in a made up story? Did you condemn Scar when he let Simba's father fall in Lionking?

I've posted you the truth havn't i? That situations like this truelly do occur, and it's based on true events, yet the character in this specific story is fictional.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
suomipoika i have much to say but i will refrain because i honestly consider it pointless. However its nice to see a discussion where both side try their best to hold back offense :)

the story serves to show the suffering of muslims in kashmir but it seems it did the opposite and enraged others into thinking it is a fiction of propaganda and hate... i dont quite understand how that happened but im going to keep quiet :)

the story is amazing, it gave me much strength, and if faced by such oppression thinking about this story will surely help with the help of Allah Azza wa jall...

جوري
06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
If the kuffar on this forum don't like what is written, they can go find a more suitable forum to foster their thoughts and beliefs. There is really no need to impose their opinion on the members here, it is that simple. Don't like it-- Don't eat! it is not a difficult permutation!

Suomipoika
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=Fi_Sabilillah;757429]You see the irony there? The media has a whole right to label MUSLIMS terrorists, and that's justifiable?

Maybe i'm just talking about extreme hindus? Right? Or like i've stated loads of times before, maybe that's the only way we can distinguish between the two parties? Or do you know of another way? Because i'm sure that if you say indians, well theres muslim indians too, and if we say pakistani muslims - well theres hindus and sikhs living in pakistan too. So what can we title them?[QUOTE]

I think this portraits my position perfectly, first you complain about media labelling muslims terrorists, and then you go on wanting to label rapists/murderers/terrorsts as hindus, and your reason, because of lack of better term.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 04:36 PM

I think this portraits my position perfectly, first you complain about media labelling muslims terrorists, and then you go on wanting to label rapists/murderers/terrorsts as hindus, and your reason, because of lack of better term.

I think you don't understand, i'm using the logic of the media here. To show you how powerful they are in their propaganda.

Isn't it ironic that when a muslim woman wears the veil she is oppressed? But when a nun wears hers she's 'pious'? Or when a muslim man grows a beard he's an extremist, but when a jewish one does he's practising his religion? Or when a person does an attack [which goes against Islamic teachings] he is an islamic extremist, but when someone kills innocents (and it's part of their religion!) - they are just freedom fighters?

Do you now see the irony?

جوري
06-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Read it akhi :) the ending is amazing.. Allaah sends forces from places you couldn't imagine.. and that is the truth, you'll realise that once you read it till the last paragraph. And the praise is for Him, the Lord of the Worlds.

And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion. [Qur'an 65:3]
Great story akhi.. and very inspirational ('tis indeed darkest before dawn)--
jazaka Allah khyran!

Cognescenti
06-05-2007, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
If the kuffar on this forum don't like what is written, they can go find a more suitable forum to foster their thoughts and beliefs. There is really no need to impose their opinion on the members here, it is that simple. Don't like it-- Don't eat! it is not a difficult permutation!
Ah, is that how it works? :rollseyes

Here is a forum sticky from the header:

There have been increasing numbers of complaints from certain Jewish members who feel victimised in this section. All forum participants are reminded that victimising entire groups of people based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality or otherwise has no place in Islam or the rest of civilised society for that matter. If you must disagree, please do so respectfully - do not resort to insults. Such juvenile and asinine behaviour will not be tolerated.

Members are also urged to report such posts.

Substitute "Hindu" for "Jew" and get back to us. Perhaps there could be some kind of warning like "Kuffar keep out/echo test in progress" on the title of the thread?

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey Cognescenti. :)

Maybe this story wouldn't be written, if these certain 'hindus' never did these horrendous acts.

Regards.

Cognescenti
06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey Cognescenti. :)

Maybe this story wouldn't be written, if these certain 'hindus' never did these horrendous acts.

Regards.
Perhaps not. Of course, the real stories might be missing the dramatic artifice of the bastad warrior avenging the shame by killing his own "kin"

جوري
06-05-2007, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Ah, is that how it works? :rollseyes

Here is a forum sticky from the header:

There have been increasing numbers of complaints from certain Jewish members who feel victimised in this section. All forum participants are reminded that victimising entire groups of people based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality or otherwise has no place in Islam or the rest of civilised society for that matter. If you must disagree, please do so respectfully - do not resort to insults. Such juvenile and asinine behaviour will not be tolerated.

Members are also urged to report such posts.

Substitute "Hindu" for "Jew" and get back to us. Perhaps there could be some kind of warning like "Kuffar keep out/echo test in progress" on the title of the thread?
Yes, that is how it works sometimes. You seem to draw satisfaction out of simplistic conclusion, to the point where you even deny people their feelings of hurt of oppression.. everyone is free to express themselves as they please, and if you really don't like it --tough, not everyone conforms to your ideas, or has your experience, and like wise you haven't shared in theirs, what shapes our views of the world are impressions and experiences we've lived. how can you relate to a young raped Muslim woman? You can't, Even if you show empathy, which I haven't known one of you to do around here, you can't really know what it means or feels. ..

I know there is a thousand blog out there to echo your voice, and at those borders it won't be the voice of dissent! Just browsing through your previous posts, on this thread alone, with the whole "impressionable" young Muslim bit.. what is that sweeping generalization? by that token every teenaged American should be sex crazed and violent considering the amount of sex and violence on practically every show. Get a grip please!

Cognescenti
06-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes, that is how it works sometimes. You seem to draw satisfaction out of simplistic conclusion, to the point where you even deny people their feelings of hurt of oppression.. everyone is free to express themselves as they please, and if you really don't like it --tough, not everyone conforms to your ideas, or has your experience, and like wise you haven't shared in theirs, what shapes our views of the world are impressions and experiences we've lived. how can you relate to a young raped Muslim woman? You can't, Even if you show empathy, which I haven't known one of you to do around here, you can't really know what it means or feels. ..
Good grief. You seem to have missed the point that Suomi borught up and I have repeated....the story is fictional. I am not here to apologize for the evil deeds of the Indian Army. I am sure there are many being terribly oppressed in Kashmir.

I know there is a thousand blog out there to echo your voice, and at those borders it won't be the voice of dissent! Just browsing through your previous posts, on this thread alone, with the whole "impressionable" young Muslim bit.. what is that sweeping generalization? by that token every teenaged American should be sex crazed and violent considering the amount of sex and violence on practically every show. Get a grip please!
I made no such generalization about Muslims. That is the point of the adjective "impressionable". It is to distinguish the "impressionable young Muslim" from the young Muslim who is not impressionable. Honestly, I think you are just looking for a fight.

I was having an adult, civilized, respectful conversation with Fi_Sabilillah about his post. If he wants to get rid of me, I am pretty sure he can do it. :)

NoName55
06-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I make distinction between kafar and Jew For Jew is of the Ahl al-kitaab. universal Jew does not punish Muslims by by death for as little as eating beef nor does he say convert to Judaism or die.

Whereas your friend the swastika worshipping hindu (claims descent from some master race called Aryan) has no qualms in killing inferior castes and religion.

BTW before some know it all tries to lecture me about Palestine, Please desist for I am well aware.

جوري
06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Good grief. You seem to have missed the point that Suomi borught up and I have repeated....the story is fictional. I am not here to apologize for the evil deeds of the Indian Army. I am sure there are many being terribly oppressed in Kashmir.

I made no such generalization about Muslims. That is the point of the adjective "impressionable". It is to distinguish the "impressionable young Muslim" from the young Muslim who is not impressionable. Honestly, I think you are just looking for a fight.

I was having an adult, civilized, respectful conversation with Fi_Sabilillah about his post. If he wants to get rid of me, I am pretty sure he can do it. :)
A fictional story as a proto-type.. I notice it had a happy ending.. they don't always end up as such!

Impressionable young Muslims don't tend to spend their time jerking tears over a fictional story on some Internet blog. Perhaps you just have an over active imagination? ... Sometimes I feel you all engage in vain discourse just for the sake of it? Something could be as innocuous as a sterile fomite and you'll find away to tarnish it. Just learn to let things go sometimes.

You need not sensor everything so it would be suitable for viewing a la mode of FOX news. It just comes across as hypocritical. Learn to control the things that you can, and those you can't just learn to live with it, if you can't live with it, it is easy to enlist in bush's army..
Sometimes your views serve to echo paradoxical notions than those you wish to be conveyed in your readers... it is a law of physics if nothing else!
This is all I have to say on this subject.

peace!

NoName55
06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
the story is fictional.
A fictitionalised account would be more accurate for I am thinking it may be a typo

watch the british channel 4 (not a muslim channel) documetary on subject of true terrorist in Kashmir

Cognescenti
06-05-2007, 05:52 PM
A fictional story as a proto-type.. I notice it had a happy ending.. they don't always end up as such!
The ending was a young man killing people :?

[QUOTE]You need not sensor everything so it would be suitable for viewing a la mode of FOX news.[ /QUOTE]

Speaking of generalizations....don't watch FoxNews..not a bad gag however. :)

Cheers

جوري
06-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I believe you have a skewed sense of justice...
unfortunately in the real world, justice isn't always served, we rather look for a poetic one. I don't recall the "factious story" stating non-other than the young man and I quote
was now inflicting so much damage upon the very army that had fathered him.
I don't see a random rampage of civilians, do you? I am not sure where an impressionable young Muslim is urged to go doing exactly what the Hindus are doing to young Muslim women do you? Maybe the scintillating scotoma are playing tricks on your eyes? It is so funny really.. sort of like invading people's countries and complaining about beheading and suicide bombing, it makes me laugh heartily... what were you expecting, dinner and a movie? tea at 5 perhaps?

I don't want to keep at it tit for tat with you... I despise this section and the hypocrites who frequent it.. so let's call it a day!

islamirama
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Kashmir - Video

Suomipoika
06-06-2007, 01:28 AM
I think you don't understand, i'm using the logic of the media here. To show you how powerful they are in their propaganda.

Isn't it ironic that when a muslim woman wears the veil she is oppressed? But when a nun wears hers she's 'pious'? Or when a muslim man grows a beard he's an extremist, but when a jewish one does he's practising his religion? Or when a person does an attack [which goes against Islamic teachings] he is an islamic extremist, but when someone kills innocents (and it's part of their religion!) - they are just freedom fighters?

Do you now see the irony?
I dont see any irony, because no media outlet in their right mind uses that sort of logic. If anything we are constantly bombarded with information how its wrong to label someone based on their religion, gender, ethnicity, sexual preferences, how they dress and that actions of some should not be used to label a hole group.

The real irony I see in your post is that you treat the media the sameway you claim and complain them to be treating you, and what you identify with. You cover all of media outlets, under blanket statements and generalisations, undoubtedly there are racist and purely propaganda spreading media outlets, but same as with people, its pretty silly to make judgements based on some and claim, all media acts this way. Blaming the media is getting pretty old anyway.

But in all honesty, I dont even see how actions of any media justifies the following on these forums:
Add the information that the perpetrator is muslim, surge of complaints.
Add the information that the perpetrator is hindu, good story. (and okay because the people doing that cant think of a better label)

So far my perception in this thread is, that as long as its not my religion, its okay to label all people of a religion.

ashara
06-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Greetings,

I do not claim to fully understand both sides of the picture here, but i think it would be good to focus on the few things:
- the story is a message of hope, not because of the ending. What seem lost here is the young womans' strength to bear a child born out of hate, and still manage to love him. The womans' father who embraced his daughter and his grandson although the child's father is unknown. The neighbours who did not condemn her - but "whispered symphaties". It is a message of hope and love and most importantly the Mercy of God - one may have to face very difficult tests but must never forget the Mercy of God and be grateful for the strength given by God in difficult times. It's also a message to persevere despite hardship and not lose faith and make hasty decisions for she had to constantly endure the nightmares and fear. Instead of lamenting her fate, she performed rituals to get closer to Allah and hoped that she would have the heart to love her child.

It's not a real story - but a story serves the purpose of highlighting certain issues and more importantly reminders such as to be patient and persevere.

As for labeling, as this is fictional, perhaps what could have been done is to say "the men from the opposing army" or anything like that. Those who know the suffering and understand the current situation in Kashmir will know who they are, and those who don't really understand will not be offended by what they think is a slur or offending remark to a person of another religious faith. If a real story is highlighted, then the religion can be stated with an explanation of how the unrest in Kashmir is actually about the muslim's right to religious freedom, or whatever the actual problem is. Hopefully, when more people understand, the world will wake up and help those who are oppressed. Who knows, maybe the soldiers' own countrymen will protest en masse to remind their soldiers to behave with the honor required of them.
(in my country not much is said - if at all about this. We know there is unrest but that's all. it's as if there is nothing going there :( )

as for the ending, all i can say is, the child grew up (in this story) hating the opposition. A child who can only understand his mothers' and villagers suffering (and hate, unfortunately) can only see that a change is needed, even if it means opposing the man who fathered him. It's actually frightening to think of the real "children of war" in Palestine and Kashmir who have only understood oppression and seen their homes and families destroyed. One can only hope and pray that God will give peace and serenity in their hearts and strength to defend with honour and not blind rage. Justice is a virtue, but not when coloured by emotions that are out of control. a muslim is oft reminded of the Mercy of God so tat he/she can stand for his rights and yet step carefully so that he/she does not end up among those who transgress and receive the wrath of God. May we remind ourselves of that when we see the world tearing apart.

forgive me if i've offended anyone. What is good comes from God, and what is bad comes from my own weakness.

-peace-

- Qatada -
06-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I dont see any irony, because no media outlet in their right mind uses that sort of logic. If anything we are constantly bombarded with information how its wrong to label someone based on their religion, gender, ethnicity, sexual preferences, how they dress and that actions of some should not be used to label a hole group.

That's exactly what i've been saying the whole time.

The real irony I see in your post is that you treat the media the sameway you claim and complain them to be treating you, and what you identify with. You cover all of media outlets, under blanket statements and generalisations, undoubtedly there are racist and purely propaganda spreading media outlets, but same as with people, its pretty silly to make judgements based on some and claim, all media acts this way. Blaming the media is getting pretty old anyway.

I think you don't understand why i spoke like i did, i was showing the double standards of the media. Then i portrayed it the way they do, NOT to say that a whole group of people are evil - but to portray to you how the media is so powerful in portraying Islaam as something evil just because of the actions of a minority.

Do you understand what i'm trying to say now? I'm not saying ALL hindus are evil, infact you should know by our previous discussions that i've said that not all are. [I usually even tell people to look at the religious scripture, not the actual 'followers'.] I just wanted to make it clear to you that this is exactly what is happening within Kashmir, and how the people there also misquote Islaam (to portray it as evil) and use their religion to push people into harming innocents.

But in all honesty, I dont even see how actions of any media justifies the following on these forums:
Add the information that the perpetrator is muslim, surge of complaints.
Add the information that the perpetrator is hindu, good story. (and okay because the people doing that cant think of a better label)

So far my perception in this thread is, that as long as its not my religion, its okay to label all people of a religion.

I've explained this above, inshaa Allaah (God willing.)

Cognescenti
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
I make distinction between kafar and Jew For Jew is of the Ahl al-kitaab. universal Jew does not punish Muslims by by death for as little as eating beef nor does he say convert to Judaism or die.

Whereas your friend the swastika worshipping hindu (claims descent from some master race called Aryan) has no qualms in killing inferior castes and religion.

BTW before some know it all tries to lecture me about Palestine, Please desist for I am well aware.
I don't suppose you are generalizing to some degree are you? "Swastika-worshiping Hindu"? :?

Do you want to talk about which ethnic group in the ME really did historically support the Nazis? :X

NoName55
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
If you were not a [censored] who butts into any and everything, then I might tell you that swastika to hindu is as sacred as crucifix is to a Trinitarian Christian.

And no, I don't need any history lesson from a [censored] for I have an M.A in history.

I don't need to to be told by likes of you, as to which Palestinian or "Muslim state" had a relationship with hitler or Nazis 60+ years ago for I am concerned about reality of today.

[MOD Note] No fighting, namecalling, mudslinging etc please [ Last edited by Muezzin : at 03:56 PM.]

Islamicboy
06-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I am not surprised this takes place in India and Pakistan. Because the scholar over there teach more love for the country then Islam. They use the same hadeeth which some scholars said is weak to justify there goal. There are many muslims in Indian army but they are too nationlist. This one muslim in Indian army who is HERO of indian muslims who they talk about everyday with respect did sucide attack on muslims. The reason for him doing this sucide attack was because hindus were saying muslims dont love this country as much and were attacking muslims so to please the extremist hindus this muslim blew himself up. Even worse in many parts of india and many scholars in india praise his actions. Besides that muslims are very divided in India its a must for everyone over there to follow one sect and hate all the other sects. If you claim to be just muslim you are looked down upon as something strange. That only half of muslims population in India the rest is in the secular reformist movement. A women who wears Hijab in India is looked down upon as something dirty a man who grows a beard is accused of not having any education thus he went to religion. Indian muslims are very backward kaffir following people. Not all Indian muslims are bad there are some good in them.

Cognescenti
06-06-2007, 04:39 PM
If you were not a [censored] who butts into any and everything, then I might tell you that swastika to hindu is as sacred as crucifix is to a Trinitarian Christian.

And no, I don't need any history lesson from a [censored] for I have an M.A in history.

I don't need to to be told by likes of you, as to which Palestinian or "Muslim state" had a relationship with hitler or Nazis 60+ years ago for I am concerned about reality of today.

[MOD Note] No fighting, namecalling, mudslinging etc please [ Last edited by Muezzin : at 03:56 PM.]
Sir;

I think we both know Nazi symbols were appropriated from previous cultures. That doesn't make Hindus Nazi-affiliates as you implied. While we are at it, I don't think the eugenecists of the Third Reich meant the "Indo-Aryans" when they were referring to the "master race":)

As for demonization over the lower castes and intolerance of other religions, you are probably right about that. I am truly sorry for having briefly interfered with the Hindu-bashing party. I can see I am not welcome. TTFN

islamirama
06-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Sir;

I think we both know Nazi symbols were appropriated from previous cultures. That doesn't make Hindus Nazi-affiliates as you implied. While we are at it, I don't think the eugenecists of the Third Reich meant the "Indo-Aryans" when they were referring to the "master race":)

As for demonization over the lower castes and intolerance of other religions, you are probably right about that. I am truly sorry for having briefly interfered with the Hindu-bashing party. I can see I am not welcome. TTFN
The hindu extremist party BJP is like the KKK, they want every non-hindu dead, whether they be sikhs, muslims or christians

Islamicboy
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
The hindu extremist party BJP is like the KKK, they want every non-hindu dead, whether they be sikhs, muslims or christians
Hindu extremist want to even kill hindus the lower caste thats why so many lower cast hindus become muslims or budhist

islamirama
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Hindu extremist want to even kill hindus the lower caste thats why so many lower cast hindus become muslims or budhist
True, i was about to put that in my statement also but didn't. I have a news article of this one town of low caste hindus, where the whole town converted to another hindu modified religion where they are treated equally and better than hindus. And then there was also another town where the whole town turned Muslim hit being sick of being treated like trash and subhumans by hindus.

Suomipoika
06-08-2007, 03:28 PM
That's exactly what i've been saying the whole time.
What? When? Where did you say that media spreads tolerance instead of having nasty double standards, because even in the next part of your post you go on and complain about the claimed double standards.

I think you don't understand why i spoke like i did, i was showing the double standards of the media. Then i portrayed it the way they do, NOT to say that a whole group of people are evil - but to portray to you how the media is so powerful in portraying Islaam as something evil just because of the actions of a minority.

Do you understand what i'm trying to say now? I'm not saying ALL hindus are evil, infact you should know by our previous discussions that i've said that not all are. [I usually even tell people to look at the religious scripture, not the actual 'followers'.] I just wanted to make it clear to you that this is exactly what is happening within Kashmir, and how the people there also misquote Islaam (to portray it as evil) and use their religion to push people into harming innocents.
I understand you were trying to point the double standards of media, I was just pointing out it doesnt appear the way you believe it does, which you seem to have missed. Media isnt so powerful at all portraying all muslims as evil. Infact, I dont think they are trying to do it. If they were, how do you explain the following, its from one of the first threads I posted in here. Even in the most islamophobic country in "west", almost 80% of people have no problem living next to muslims.

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...t-muslims.html

I've explained this above, inshaa Allaah (God willing.)
Do you then condemn the use of the perpetrators religion in the story you posted?

- Qatada -
06-08-2007, 04:58 PM
What? When? Where did you say that media spreads tolerance instead of having nasty double standards, because even in the next part of your post you go on and complain about the claimed double standards.

I think i misunderstood your post, so that's my fault sorry.

I understand you were trying to point the double standards of media, I was just pointing out it doesnt appear the way you believe it does, which you seem to have missed. Media isnt so powerful at all portraying all muslims as evil. Infact, I dont think they are trying to do it. If they were, how do you explain the following, its from one of the first threads I posted in here. Even in the most islamophobic country in "west", almost 80% of people have no problem living next to muslims.

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...t-muslims.html

That's kool, thanks for the info and the positive response.

Do you then condemn the use of the perpetrators religion in the story you posted?

I don't know the intent of the author, if he's saying this because he's using the same tactics as the hindus who are fighting against Muslims in Kashmir (i.e. them claiming that the muslims as a whole are evil), then he may have the right to do so. However, i don't know his intention so i can't say.

But me personally, if his religion justifies what he did - then i don't agree with it. If it's not part of his religion, then i would just say that the perpertrator is evil and not the actual religion.

Regards.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.