/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dying... slowly.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
:salamext:

.::Eyes open at the face of death::.

This is something that is very personal and important to me. I hope that you will learn and benefit from it. Let me begin by saying "Bismillah (In the Name of Allah)".

When I first started University I had met another Muslim brother. We had become good friends, but this friendship was not like any other ordinary friendship, I would have done anything for him, he was like my real brother.

During our last year of University, this brother of mine announced that he was engaged and that he was to be married after he graduates this year and finds himself a job. I was glad for him and so was he.

He talked non stop about getting married, I was sort of getting jealous of him because the brother had it made for him, finishing school, getting married, and especially coming from a wealthy family.

One day this brother was to meet me at the coffee shop. He showed up, but astonishingly he wasn't smiling and wasn't talking about his fiancee. I asked him what was wrong, he asked if we could talk somewhere privately and
we did. Finally I knew why he was upset.

He had told me that he found out that he had a brain tumor which was malignant, which meant it had become cancerous. When he told me the news his voice was quivering and tears were streaming down his cheeks.

I had never seen him like this before. I tried keeping in my tears and I tried not to show that I was hurt also. I was burning up inside and things were racing through my mind. I kept thinking how could have this happened? A man
who had everything made and had everything perfect. I kept it inside because I did not want him to see me upset.

I saw this brother slowly go down. He had to drop out of school at his last year because he began to lose his memory and he started to repeat himself over again. He did not have a chance at school without his memory. This brother was intelligent, but after he became lost.

He had told his fiancee and her family and her parents did not want their daughter to marry him, because he had no job and basically no future.

This was hard for him, I remember he would cry to me about her and how he cared for her and how hopeless he felt.

Later the brother had problems writing and his right eyesight was fading. The tumor was on the left side of his brain so it affected everything on his right. Because of his memory loss the brother soon forgot suras and he even forgot how to pray. A year later his right arm was paralyzed and his eyesight was taken away from him.

It was the hardest thing for me to see. The brother I loved so much was going through so much. I began coming over everyday helping him recite suras.

When I was reciting sura Fatiha to him and he was slowly repeating after me. I looked at him and I thought, This was the same brother who was so intelligent and was to finish school, this was the same brother who came from such a wealthy family, this was the same brother who talked for days about getting married and raising a family, this was the same brother who had everything. But now he can barely remember what I said to him ten minutes a ago, he can't get married, and now he is struggling to read Qur'an, he was not much of a practicing Muslim so it was harder for him to recite the Qur'an.

This man was now turning towards Allah, he dropped EVERYTHING and turned towards Allah. Allah gave him everything and he could take everything away just as easily.

A month ago, I had gotten a call saying that the brother passed away and that his janaza is today. I washed his body with a couple of other brothers and I saw his lifeless body. He was buried and after I returned home. The next day I sat down wondering to myself about the power of Allah. My brother's death made me realize that we forget what our
purpose of being here is for: To serve Allah. You could have everything, but do you have anything that is important? I spent six years knowing this brother, and caring for him. I never once shed a tear when he was alive and not even when he passed away. But the day after his death I did cry because I though about the power of Allah.

I thought about my brother. We always say that we will return to Allah, but we never really believe it. If we did then we would struggle to read Qur'an and pray to Allah like my brother did. My brother had his eyesight taken away from him, his arm was paralyzed and his memory was lost but he still got up every morning and he insisted, and I repeat insisted on reciting the Qur'an. But we are able, but we still do not struggle to read the Qur'an. We do not really believe that we will return to Allah or else we would struggle for Allah. My brother had love for materialistic objects, but when death approached him those things were no use to him because he knew those things were not going to lead him to Jannah without his Iman.

Allah can give and takes things easily whenever and wherever. I love my brother and I pray that Allah will accept him, and I humbly request that prayer be made for him.

I do pray that you have a true belief of Allah and our return because if you do have this fear, you will struggle for your Islam to the best of your ability before you can say it is too late. May we all be rightly guided. (AMEEN!)

IslamicNetwork

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BanGuLLy
06-05-2007, 07:21 PM
awww man thats sad.. May Allah take him to a good place...:cry:

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM

ameen.. and us all.

ummAbdillah
06-05-2007, 07:39 PM
subhanallah :cry:
that was truly an emotional reminder. May allah grant you Jannah for sharing this. Ameen
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
06-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Salamualikum.
Amin to all the dua'ahs and that must be a heck of TEARS, solid
Ma'assalama

hayaa__786
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
:cry:. Ameen to the previous dua's...:cry:

Dagless
06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Very sad. Sorry but when I hear stories like this I always wonder why Allah would so such things. Why not mercifully grant him the extra 2 yrs so he could get married, have a family, and serve his purpose?
Yes yes I know I shouldn't say stuff like this but I can't help it.

Dagless
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I forgot to add Ameen for the previous dua's... so Ameen.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferown
Very sad. Sorry but when I hear stories like this I always wonder why Allah would so such things. Why not mercifully grant him the extra 2 yrs so he could get married, have a family, and serve his purpose?
Yes yes I know I shouldn't say stuff like this but I can't help it.

We can't really use our own intellect in concepts regarding destiny, since we only know the present and the past, while Allaah is outside the boundaries of time, and He knows what will happen to us in the future.

It may have been that he got married in the future, had children, become attatched to this life, and due to excessive love for this world - he may have felt 'betrayed' by Allaah and therefore given up his belief in Him. Only Allaah knows what would truelly happen to him if he was to live any longer. So out of His eternal Wisdom He limited what he had so it would become abit more easier on him to sacrifice and give up things for the sake of Allaah, preparing for the hereafter. Because without a doubt the real life is that of the hereafter, and we are tested through bad aswell as good in this life.

...it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.

[Qur'an 2: 216]

And Allaah knows best.

iwuvaziaf
06-05-2007, 09:13 PM
:cry: subhanAllah :cry:

u hear about things happening to people but when u experience it all the way, its something else. I pray for our brother, may Allah accept his prayers, forgive his mistakes and grant him jannah!

We are truly nothing without Him!

Salamaleykum..

Dagless
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

We can't really use our own intellect in concepts regarding destiny, since we only know the present and the past, while Allaah is outside the boundaries of time, and He knows what will happen to us in the future.

It may have been that he got married in the future, had children, become attatched to this life, and due to excessive love for this world - he may have felt 'betrayed' by Allaah and therefore given up his belief in Him. Only Allaah knows what would truelly happen to him if he was to live any longer. So out of His eternal Wisdom He limited what he had so it would become abit more easier on him to sacrifice and give up things for the sake of Allaah, preparing for the hereafter. Because without a doubt the real life is that of the hereafter, and we are tested through bad aswell as good in this life.
I understand that but let me use your example - a choice between dying now or living another year and possibly feeling 'betrayed'; I don't think there is a man alive who wouldn't choose the extra year.

Lastly Allah can do anything so he could easily have made him live a year or 2 more AND not lose his faith. He is all powerful so this should not be a problem. We are muslim so I guess I am just of the opinion we should get some kinda extra perks.

Woodrow
06-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Ameen to all of the Du'as above. Sometime it is sad to remember that death has no age limits. Death is just as present for the young as it is for the old. None of us is ever any further than one heart beat away.

Let us all live like we are ready to face judgment at every moment. Never count on time to ask for forgiveness.

tryinghard
06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
thank you brother for posting this. It serves as a reminder of the power of
Allah SWT and that everything we are and do is because of him, and we should never forget that.

syilla
11-07-2007, 07:46 AM

Just a reminder to all...

The other day Malaysia has sent a doctor to space. His name is Syeikh Muzafar.

So everyone is praying for his safety for his high risk mission.

But when he reached earth, he just got the news that his brother died after fell unconsciously after knocking into a pillar outside a restaurant.

Allah swt is powerful and can take whoever he wants.

Just a reminder to us all...when will be our turn to go? so lets be prepared...

Sheikh Mustafa Shukor, 32, was Angkasawan Dr Sheikh Muszaphar's younger brother.
The 32-year-old project planner, fell unconscious after knocking into a pillar outside a restaurant last Friday (Oct 26) in Jalan Klang Lama, Kuala Lumpur. He died at 6pm on Saturday without regaining consciousness.
He leaves a wife, Haryati, 28 and two children, aged 3 and 2..

Sheikh Muszaphar arrived home from Moscow yesterday evening.
From the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, he headed straight to the state mosque where his father, Sheikh Mustapha Abdul Shukor, was waiting.
Then he was taken to the Tuan Haji Said cemetery where his younger brother was buried just hours earlier.

Fate intervened earlier when bad weather held up his flight in Moscow which caused him to miss his connecting flight from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, thus preventing him from seeing his brother for the last time before his burial.
Our angkasawan was reported to be calm although the scene at the cemetery was, expectedly emotional when Sheikh Muszaphar rushed to the arms of his mother Zuraida Sheikh Ahmad and consoled his brother’s wife, Haryati Mohd Redza.

Sheikh Muszaphar said his brother’s passing was a test from Allah.

“I have to be strong for my family’s sake, especially my mother,” he remarked.

He calls his brother "Ajil" and dedicated his space mission to him.

Ajil, he said was his fanatic fan who was “a catalyst for his spirit and backbone of his success".

Some 250 family members, relatives and friends attended the funeral.

Sheikh Muszaphar, 35,will be home for a few days to attend the official homecoming reception before returning to Moscow for an inauguration ceremony scheduled for Nov 9.
source

To all Malaysians,

I have completed my mission in space successfully. The 12 days in space was the most exciting time of my life. It feels like I was living in a dream. Even now, there are times when I had to pinch myself to remind me of the times that I had been to space. It was such a magical moment! I am definitely going to share as much as possible my experiences with all Malaysians.

I would like to contribute my journey to space to my beloved little brother Sheikh Mustapha Shukor or " Ajil " whom I missed dearly. He has been a great supporter of me. In fact he was my No 1 fan. He gets very excited and thrilled when I was announced as the first Malaysian angkasawan. His room is filled with my pictures and about space showing his much vast interest in these field. He loves to debate with me on every topic from politics to the small petty things in life. Among the 5 brothers, he is the most intelligent, determined and ambitious. If he would have joined the space programme, he would surely be my strongest competitor. He would probably be the angkasawan and me as his back-up. He even had completed a book on my journey to space which I have yet to read but is with me for my safekeepings. That was his gift to me.

My beloved brother, Ajil

Being in space has changed my perspective in life. Small petty things does not concern me anymore. Space has taught me to look at the bigger picture. I am more concerned of the global problems such as war, world hunger, poverty and pollution. I could see the beauty of God's creation and it touches me spiritually. I encourage everyone from all walks of life to keep our earth green and save our planet. After all, it is our home !

I have done my soul-searching for many many years by going to Afghanistan in 2002 after the war and Cambodia in 2003 for humanitarian aid under MERCY. I have always felt some emptiness inside not knowing what it was. But I have found my inner soul in space. I felt somehow complete while I was in space.

Thank you again to all Malaysians for their Fatihah and prayers to Ajil. He shall always be in my heart. I will continue my role as an angkasawan as I knew that is what he wanted. I am ready to face the world.

"I have found my life in space but lost a life upon return"
My journey to space is for you Ajil!

Dr Sheikh
Angkasawan Negara
source

namr777
11-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Allah Ou Akbar! Wa Mouhamad Rassoulouhou!

Brothers and Sisters, remember don't see death as the end, just don't forget to hurry and perfect your faith... That is what's important....

Death is but a stage in life, so brighten up and face your obstacles!

Lah i Koun Ma3akoum! Allah Ou Akbar! Allah Ou Akbar! Allah Ou Akbar! Wa Mouhamad Rassoulouhou!

Abdul-Raouf
11-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Ameen to all duas..

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un

------
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Oh My.... :'( That story was beautiful.... Jazaak Allaah Khayr for such an important reminder brother Fi Sab...

We need reminders like this now and again to give our Imaan a boost...

IbnAbdulHakim
11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
ye subhanAllah..

good reminder to look to those who have less in terms of dunya, look to those who have more in terms of akhirah..

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by namr777
Allah Ou Akbar! Wa Mouhamad Rassoulouhou!

Brothers and Sisters, remember don't see death as the end, just don't forget to hurry and perfect your faith... That is what's important....

Death is but a stage in life, so brighten up and face your obstacles!

Lah i Koun Ma3akoum! Allah Ou Akbar! Allah Ou Akbar! Allah Ou Akbar! Wa Mouhamad Rassoulouhou!
SubhanAllah yea so true.

:cry:that story made me:cry:

but i needed to hear it!!! big time

JazakAllah khair

AMEEN to all the dua's above

Ali.
11-08-2007, 08:01 PM
That was so...:'( SAD!

Man I feel so sorry for that guy. :'(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.