/* */

PDA

View Full Version : .:Description of Paradise in the Hadeeth:.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
:salamext:

.: Description of Paradise in the Hadeeth :.

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "The people of Paradise will look at the dwellers of lofty mansions (i.e. a superior place in Paradise) in the same way as one looks at a brilliant star, far away in the East or in the West of the horizon. This is because of their superiority over one another (in reward)." One of the people asked, "O Allah's Messenger, are these lofty mansions for the Prophets which no one else can reach?"

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, replied, "No! By Allah, in whose Hands is my life, these are for men who believe in Allah and also believe in the Messenger." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Musa al-Ash'ari narrated that the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "Verily, for the believers in Paradise, are tents made of a single hollow pearl. The length of which would be sixty miles long from all sides, their wives being therein. The believer will go around them (i.e., visit them) and they will not be able to see each other." (Sahih al-Jami)

Abu Hurairah said that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "There is not a tree in Paradise, except that its trunk is made of gold." (Sahih al-Jami)

Anas ibn Malik narrated that the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "Verily in Paradise there is a market in which (the inhabitants of Paradise) will come to every Friday. The North wind will blow and scatter fragrances on their faces and on their clothes. This will add to their beauty and their attractiveness. They will then go back to their families after having an added luster to their beauty and their attractiveness. Their families will say to them, 'By Allah you have been increased in beauty and loveliness after leaving us,' and they will say, 'By Allah you too have increased in beauty and attractiveness after us.'" (Muslim)

Jabir ibn Abdullah narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "(I saw in a dream that) I entered Paradise, and behold, there was a palace built of gold. I asked, 'Whose is this palace?' They (the angels) replied, 'For a man from the Quraysh.' So I thought it might be I, so I asked, 'And who is he?' They said, 'Umar Ibnul Khattab.' Nothing stopped me form entering it except your Ghirah (sense of honor)." Umar said, "My Ghirah would never be offended by you, O Messenger of Allah." (Bukhari and Muslim)

Anas ibn Malik said that Allah's Apostle sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said,
"I entered Paradise and found myself by a river, by its edges were tents of pearls. Then I tapped with my hands where the water was running, and there was then a beautiful smell of Musk. I asked, 'What is this O Gabriel?' He said, 'This is Kawthar (river in Paradise) which Allah has given to you.'"
(Sahih al-Jami)

Allaahumma Innaa Nas'alukal Jannah Wa na'oothu Bika Min An-Naar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
"The most common thing which leads people to Paradise is taqwa of Allah and good conduct, and the most common thing which leads people to the Hell Fire is the mouth and the private parts." (Tirmithi)

"All of my followers will enter Paradise except those who refuse." It was asked, "O Messenger of Allah, who would refuse?" He said, "He who obeys me enters Paradise and he who disobeys me has refused." (Bukhari)

- Qatada -
The Prophet (saw) saw Sidrat al-Muntahaa, a tree in Heaven, and near it, Paradise, as is mention in al-Bukhaari, and Muslim in the hadith of Anas (ra). At the end of this narrative of al-Israa, the Prophet (saw) said, "Then Jibreel brought me to Sidrat al-Muntahaa which was veiled in colours indescribable. Then I entered Paradise, and its lights were of pearls and its soil was musk".

Muslim, Abu Dawud and Imaam Ahmad report from Abu Hurayrah (ra) that the Messenger (saw) said, "When Allaah (swt) created Paradise and Hell, He sent Jibreel to Paradise, saying "Go and look at it and at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants". So he went and looked at it and at what Allaah had prepared therein for its inhabitants.... then He sent him to Hellfire saying, "Go and look at it and what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants" So he looked at it and saw that it was in layers, one above the other...."

Muslim reports from Aishah (ra) that there was a solar eclipse in the time of the Messenger (saw) and he said, "Whilst I was standing here I saw everything that you have been promised, I even saw myself picking some of the fruits of Paradise, when you saw me stepping forward. And I saw Hellfire, parts of it consuming other parts, when you saw me stepping backward".

al-Bukhaari and Muslim report from Ibn 'Abbas the same incident, "I saw Paradise and I tried to take a bunch of its fruit. If I had managed to do so, you would have eaten from it until the end of time. And I saw the Fire of Hell, and I have never seen anything so horrific or terrifying. I saw that the majority of its inhabitants are women." (Nas'al Allaah al 'afiyah)

Muslim also reports from Anas that the Prophet (Saw) said, "By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, if you had seen what I saw, you would laugh little and cry much." They said, "What did you see, O Messenger of Allaah?", He said, "I saw Paradise and Hell".

al-Bukhaari and Muslim report from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah said, "I entered Paradise where I saw ar-Rumaysa, the wife of Abu Talhah. And I heard footsteps and asked, "Who is that?" He (Jibreel) said, "That is Bilaal". And I saw a palace with women in its courtyard. I asked, "Whose is this?" They said, It is for 'Umar ibn al-Khattab" (Mishkaat al-Masaabih, 3/226)

- Qatada -
al-Bukhaari and Muslim report that Abu Hurayrah (ra) said, "Jibreel came to the Prophet (saw) said, "O Messenger of Allaah, Khadeejah is coming, carrying a container of food. When she comes to you, convey to her greetings of peace from her Rabb and from me, and give her the glad tidings of a house in Paradise made of brocade, in which there is no noise or exhaustion."" [Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh, 3/266]

Muslim, Abu Dawud, Ahmad, an-Nasaa'ee, and Ibn Maajah report from Umm Habeebah that the Messenger of Allaah (saw) said, "Whoever prays twelve extra [supererogatory] rak'ahs every day, Allaah (swt) will build for him a house in Paradise." [Saheeh al-Jaami', 5/316, no. 6234]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM
The Light of Paradise

Ibn Katheer in his commentary on the aayah: "And they will have therein their sustenance, morning and evening. Such is the Paradise, which We shall give as an inheritance to those of Our slave who have been al-Muttaqoon [pious and righteous]" [19:62-63] said, "This means something approximate to the times of day and night, it does not mean that there will be a day and night there. They will know the passing of time by the changes in the light" [Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 4/471]

Ibn Taymiyyah said, "There is no sun and moon in Paradise, and no day or night, but they will know morning and evening from a light that shines from the direction of the Throne" [Majmu' Fataawa Shaikh al-Islaam, 4/312]

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM
:salamext: :)

Also refer to this inshaa Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...-paradise.html

BanGuLLy
06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
And I saw the Fire of Hell, and I have never seen anything so horrific or terrifying. I saw that the majority of its inhabitants are women."[/B] (Nas'al Allaah al 'afiyah)
How come there were more women in hell than men?

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 08:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
How come there were more women in hell than men?

Ruqayyah Waris Maqsud writes, “After the Farewell Pilgrimage at the Eid prayer, the Prophet walked past the men leaning on Bilal's arm, and came to the rows of women behind them. Bilal spread out a cloth and the Prophet urged the women to be generous with their gifts of charity, for when he had been allowed a glimpse into the flames of Hell, he had noted that most of the people being tormented there were women.

The women were outraged, and one of them instantly stood up boldly and demanded to know why that was so. 'Because,' he replied, 'you women grumble so much, and show ingratitude to your husbands! Even if the poor fellows spent all their lives doing good things for you, you have only to be upset at the least thing and you will say, 'I have never received any good from you!' (Bukhari 1.28, recorded by Ibn Abbas - who was present on that occasion as a child).

At that the women began vigorously to pull off their rings and ear-rings, and throw them into Bilal's cloth.”

Also - if we look at the world population, females have always been more in number than males.

- Qatada -
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeel
Heaven so cool of course lol
man seriously i gotta become more to the deen, inshallah
I cant imagine how heaven would be like but then again can imagine how good it looks.
And oh yeah thanks for posting this Jazakallah Khair
Salaam

:wasalamex :)

Abu Huraira narrates, It's been reported that Allah's Messenger, Muhammad (may peace be upon him) said that:

Allah the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye has ever seen, and no ear has ever heard, and no human heart has ever perceived but it is testified by the Book of Allah. He then recited:" No soul knows what comfort has been concealed from them, as a reward for what they did".

BanGuLLy
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
k thanks for clearing that up :)

Salaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-06-2007, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex :)
Abu Huraira narrates, It's been reported that Allah's Messenger, Muhammad (may peace be upon him) said that:

Allah the Exalted and Glorious, said: I have prepared for My pious servants which no eye has ever seen, and no ear has ever heard, and no human heart has ever perceived but it is testified by the Book of Allah. He then recited:" No soul knows what comfort has been concealed from them, as a reward for what they did".
:sl:

In the version reported by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, there is the addition,
"Never mind what Allah has told you; what He has not told you is EVEN greater".

BanGuLLy
06-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Are we going to recognize family members once we are in heaven.. because I heard in judgment day.. you won't even recognize your father or mother.... and even if we do recognize them.. its gonna be weird because your parents will be the same age as you lol... and what if your parents are in heaven with you and your brother didn't show up.. because my brother doesn't really have much faith.. he claims hes a muslim but he drinks, smokes weed, and etc...??

syilla
06-06-2007, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani
:sl:

In the version reported by Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, there is the addition,
"Never mind what Allah has told you; what He has not told you is EVEN greater".
MashaAllah...i'm soooo veryyyy grateeffullll if i'm ever able to be in Jannah.

Jannah is so much better to this world...and even i ever can have a smell of Jannah... it will be sooo wonderful.

InshaAllah....Allah subhanahuwata'ala will be there looking over me.

BanGuLLy
06-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Are we going to recognize family members once we are in heaven.. because I heard in judgment day.. you won't even recognize your father or mother.... and even if we do recognize them.. its gonna be weird because your parents will be the same age as you lol... and what if your parents are in heaven with you and your brother didn't show up.. because my brother doesn't really have much faith.. he claims hes a muslim but he drinks, smokes weed, and etc...??
can any1 answer this plz?

- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Are we going to recognize family members once we are in heaven.. because I heard in judgment day.. you won't even recognize your father or mother....

People will recognise their family members on the Day of Judgement, but most will run away from each other:

But when there comes the Deafening Blast (the Day of Resurrection's second blowing of Trumpet),

That Day shall a man flee from his brother,

And from his mother and his father,

And from his wife and his children.

Everyman, that Day, will have enough to make him careless of others.

Some faces that Day, will be bright (true believers of Islamic Monotheism).

Laughing, rejoicing at good news (of Paradise).

And other faces, that Day, will be dust-stained;

Darkness will cover them,

Such will be the Kafarah (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, and in His Messenger Muhammad (Peace be upon him), etc.), the Fajarah (wicked evil doers).

[Qur'an Surah Abasa 80: 33-42]

and even if we do recognize them.. its gonna be weird because your parents will be the same age as you lol...

That will happen in Jannah/Paradise. :)

and what if your parents are in heaven with you and your brother didn't show up.. because my brother doesn't really have much faith.. he claims hes a muslim but he drinks, smokes weed, and etc...??

If your brother works hard and comes towards Allaah, Allaah will come to him at speed. And if your brother gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will make it easy for him and replace him with something better. Pray for his guidance? okay? :)

Indeed, the righteous will be in gardens and pleasure,

Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and (the fact that) their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing Fire.

"Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do."

They will recline (with ease) on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Houris (female, fair ones) with wide lovely eyes.

And those who believe and whose offspring follow them in Faith, to them shall We join their offspring, and We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything. Every person is a pledge for that which he has earned.

And We shall provide them with fruit and meat, such as they desire.

There they shall pass from hand to hand a (wine) cup, free from any Laghw (dirty, false, evil vague talk between them), and free from sin (because it will be legal for them to drink).

And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were preserved pearls.

And they will approach one another, inquiring of each other.

They will say, "Indeed, we were previously among our people fearful [of displeasing Allah ].

"But Allah has been gracious to us, and has saved us from the torment of the Fire.

Indeed, we used to supplicate Him before. Indeed, it is He who is the Beneficent, the Merciful."

[Qur'an At-Toor 52: 17-28]

BanGuLLy
06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
k thanks for the info... One last question.. All the people that died so far.. Are they still on Earth waiting for judgement day to come.. but I think I read somewhere that our Prophet already saw the hell and the heavens.. and he said that he saw a lot of women in hell... How did he see these people if judgement day didn't come yet?

- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM

k thanks for the info... One last question.. All the people that died so far.. Are they still on Earth waiting for judgement day to come..

They are in their graves, this period is known as the Barzakh (kind of like the in between period from this life to the life of the hereafter.)
When a person dies, two angels will approach them [Munkar & Nakir] and ask them three questions:

Who is your Lord? [Maa Rabbuk?]

Who is your Prophet? [Maa Nabiuk?]

What was your religion? [Maa Deenuk?]

We know that every prophet came to his people to call them to Islaam [submission to Allaah], so the answer to the first question would be that Allaah is our Lord, Islaam is our religion, and the prophet may differ according to each person. However, since Muhammad (peace be upon him) came for all of mankind, then anyone who is alive after him has to accept him and therefore answer: Muhammad (peace be upon him) as a response to the 2nd question. Whether they are a jew, christian, hindu or whatever, since this is the final Messenger Allaah sent to the world.

A person can only truelly answer these if they really obeyed and believed in the Messenger.

If the person was a sinner, they may get punished in their grave. However, this may be an expiation for them so they don't be punished in the hellfire. This is in regard to the believers. For the disbelievers - the end of this life is the beginning to an endless life of sorrow. We seek refuge in Allaah from that.

If the believer answered the questions correctly, then the angels will open a window in their graves. They will say that this is your place in the hellfire, but this is your place now in jannah [the gardens of paradise] since you believed and obeyed the Messenger etc.

However, for the disbeliever or hypocrite - they will say that 'i heard the people say so and so, so i went along with it.' - they won't answer the questions properly because they were not true believers in this life, so the angels will open the window of paradise and say that this would have been your place in jannah, but this is your place in the fire. We seek refuge in Allaah from that.

The people in the graves will remain there for as long as Allaah wills, and then the hour will be established. The graves will be overturned and some scholars say that a liquid will come down [like rain] - and we will grow back to life [like the plants do when rain is sent.]

On that day every person will be in a state of terror, except those who used to fear this day in this life.

It is) a Day whereon men will be like moths scattered about,

And the mountains will be like carded wool.

Then, he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) heavy,

Will be in a life of good pleasure and satisfaction.

But he whose balance (of good deeds) will be (found) light,-

Will have his home in a (bottomless) Pit.

And what will explain to thee what this is?

(It is) a Fire Blazing fiercely!

[Qur'an Surah Al Qaar'ia 101]
but I think I read somewhere that our Prophet already saw the hell and the heavens..

He did, and he is the best of the creation of Allaah, out of all of the creations of Allaah - Allaah preferred the children of Adam, and out of all the children of Adam, Allaah preferred the Prophets, and out of all the Prophets, He chose Muhammad (peace be upon him), and He chose the best people among them to be his companions/sahabah (may Allaah be pleased with them.) And it is the followers of Muhammad (peace be upon him) who have recieved the many blessings from Allaah, out of a mercy for us.
And indeed We have honoured the Children of Adam, and We have carried them on land and sea, and have provided them with At-Taiyibat (lawful good things), and have preferred them above many of those whom We have created with a marked preference.

(And remember) the Day when We shall call together all human beings with their (respective) Imam [their Prophets, or their records of good and bad deeds, or their Holy Books like the Quran, the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), etc.]. So whosoever is given his record in his right hand, such will read their records, and they will not be dealt with unjustly in the least.

And whoever is blind in this world (i.e., does not see Allah's Signs and believes not in Him), will be blind in the Hereafter, and more astray from the Path.

[Qur'an Al Israa' 17: 70-72]

and he said that he saw a lot of women in hell... How did he see these people if judgement day didn't come yet?

So out of the creation of Allaah, Allaah allowed His chosen Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) to see the hellfire and paradise [which are already created by Allaah and existing while we are still living today.]

He (peace be upon him) went to the journey of Israa' wal Mi'raaj (the Night of Descent to Palestine and above the heavens to meet Allaah, and see His Paradise and Hellfire etc.)

You might want to check this link for abit more info on it inshaa Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...sra-miraj.html

Now the difference between the punishment of the grave is that the punishment someone recieves in the grave is only applied to the soul, therefore those who are being punished in the grave (we seek refuge in Allaah from that) are not being punished physically, and Allaah knows best.

This thread discusses this issue in abit more depth inshaa Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/akhira-h...-distinct.html

Also, some scholars are of the view that there are other ahadith which support that others are in paradise (and like you stated, others of the fire), however - this is only spiritual/with the soul, and no-one will truelly enter Paradise or the Hellfire with the physical body except after the Day of Judgement.

That is when those who are in the hellfire will recieve the full torment, with the physical body (because on the Day of Judgement we will come back to life in our real bodies), and those who enter Jannah/Paradise by Allaah's Mercy will enter with physical bodies also to enjoy it's pleasures etc. This is unlike the jews and christians who claim that the hereafter is only spiritual.

The scholars from IslamQA say:
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has created Paradise and its creation is complete, because He says in a hadeeth qudsi: "I have prepared for My righteous slaves that which no eye has seen…" And because the Messenger

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw it on the night of the Israa' and Mi'raaj, and because of other proofs (daleel).

Will any humans enter it before the Day of Resurrection?

There are two aspects to this:

1. Entering it in spirit only, as is the case with the dead. This is proven in the case of the Prophets, and of the martyrs (shuhadaa') whose souls are in the crops of green birds which roam about in Paradise. This is also known from the ahaadeeth in which the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) describes how he entered Paradise in dreams, which has to do with the soul or spirit.

2. With regard to entering Paradise in both body and soul, this will happen on the Day of Resurrection for both humans and jinn. The only exception to this is Adam (peace be upon him) who was in Paradise before he came down to this earth, as was mentioned by Ibn al-Qayyim and others.

And Allaah knows best.
And Allaah knows best.

------
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM

But who were those women then :?

jzcasejz
06-07-2007, 05:32 PM
DESCRIPTION OF PARADISE BY KHALID YASIN
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2NmC-2jJfqg
JazakAllaah Khayr for this video, he's a great speaker. The audience is lively 'n' all...good stuff. :thumbs_up

- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

But who were those women then :?

:wasalamex

I really don't know sorry. Allaah knows best.

*~Sofia~*
06-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Salam

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri narrated that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "The people of Paradise will look at the dwellers of lofty mansions (i.e. a superior place in Paradise) in the same way as one looks at a brilliant star, far away in the East or in the West of the horizon. This is because of their superiority over one another (in reward)." One of the people asked, "O Allah's Messenger, are these lofty mansions for the Prophets which no one else can reach?"

The Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, replied, "No! By Allah, in whose Hands is my life, these are for men who believe in Allah and also believe in the Messenger."
Subhanallah.. ive read this b4 and was gna post it up, but kept on 4gettin 2.. u beat me to it ! :)
i think this hadith is jus soooo beautiful, cnt help but ----> :D

Abu Hurairah said that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhe wa sallam, said, "There is not a tree in Paradise, except that its trunk is made of gold." (Sahih al-Jami)
Subhanallah.. those trees r gna b gorgus :)

I pray that Allah guides us all and grants us paradise where we can all witness all those beautiful descriptions with our very own eyes, inshallah :D

wasalam bro Fi, and Jazakallah for sharing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.