Is this a jinn?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vmN5LXXz0_s

kind regards
Assalam-u-alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
06-06-2007, 02:44 AM
wa'alaikum as'salaam

i would say that is a some jungle man but the way his eyes glow i doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a jinn. They come in many forms and shapes.

Sinbad
06-06-2007, 02:48 AM
That didnt look fake, but there is no such thing as a jinn.

islamirama
06-06-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
That didnt look fake, but there is no such thing as a jinn.
That is a matter of belief for now. We are told there are jinns, and we believe it to be truth. Just becuase you can't prove it with science or anythign else, doesn't mean they don't exist. Human knoweldge is so limited and yet man judges everything by his knowledge as if he holds the ultimate truth.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
06-06-2007, 07:05 AM
:sl:

I want to watch it. Is it scary though?

beespreeteam
06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
not really :) a little

thirdwatch512
06-06-2007, 08:54 AM
either photoshop, or a person acting like somethng.

i have heard from muslims before that "jinns" cannot be seen. but of course i don't know for sure.

Sinbad
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
either photoshop, or a person acting like somethng.
Finally some sanity!

Hashim_507
06-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Now days its hard to believe video is true or false even homemade cameras, technology is advancing you can edit video to anything.

Helena
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
wots with jinns and this forum maan.......

on the video it clearly says a fallen angel .......weird...with glowing green eyes i think.....and fair skin.......

Muslim Knight
06-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Yikes the video scared the crap out of me just as it did for the video takers!!

NobleMuslimUK
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
creepy stuff, but I am guessing its a fake. Definitely a fake, 15-20 years back this video would have made these guys really famous and rich. Not many people gonna fall for that one :D

Muezzin
06-06-2007, 02:10 PM
That's cool!

But yeah, fake - it looks a bit like Gollum come to think of it. It would be awesome if these guys decided to make a feature film though.

Helena
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
agreed..it is fake....jees ....ppl nowadays believe in anything...:rollseyes ..

the power of technology...surely has an effect on ppl....

Muslim Knight
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I saw the first episode of Supernatural and thought it could very well happen to me. Couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about it.

The good thing is that I end up making salah asking Allah to protect me from these evil things.

Noor
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
waste of time

Helena
06-06-2007, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I saw the first episode of Supernatural and thought it could very well happen to me. Couldn't sleep the whole night thinking about it.

The good thing is that I end up making salah asking Allah to protect me from these evil things.
inshAllah may Allah(swt) protect....bro u seem familiar did u change ur user name?..

the programs are all fictional...not reality at all......i've seen many horrific movies/programs.....it hasnt frightened me yet.....

Islamicboy
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
The video is fake

rania2820
06-06-2007, 02:21 PM

jinns are from among the unseen.

islamirama
06-06-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rania2820

:w:

can you back that up with quranic or hadith source?

rania2820
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Can we see the jinn? Do they have a real form?

Question:
Can the jinn appear in human form? Do the jinn have a real form?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The question is composed of two parts.

1 – Do the jinn appear in human form?

2 – Do the jinn have a real form?

With regard to the first question, it may be said:

Firstly: it should be noted that the basic principle concerning the jinn is that they are concealed from mankind, hence they are called jinn, because the Arabic root janna refers to a single original meaning which is to cover and conceal, as Ibn Faaris said in Maqaayees al-Lughah. The jinn are so called because they are concealed from mankind, and the foetus is called janeen in Arabic because he is concealed in his mother’s womb, and a garden is called jannah because it is concealed by trees, and an insane person is called majnoon because his mind is covered, and so on in all derivations from this root.

Allaah has told us of this when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Children of Adam! Let not Shaytaan (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents [Adam and Hawwaa’ (Eve)] out of Paradise, stripping them of their raiments, to show them their private parts. Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them”

[al-A’raaf 7:27]
Secondly: can they appear in human form?

The answer to that is that it is proven in the Sunnah and from real life that the jinn appear in different forms, such as the forms of people and animals, etc. Among the clearest evidence of that from the Sunnah is the story narrated by al-Bukhaari (3275) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) put me in charge of guarding the zakaah of Ramadaan. Someone came to me and started scooping up some of the food, and I said, “By Allaah, I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).” He complained of being in need and having dependents, so Abu Hurayrah took pity on him and let him go. This happened three times, and on the third occasion, Abu Hurayrah said: “I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah. This is the third time and each time you say that you will not come back, then you come back.” He said, “Let me go and I will teach you something by means of which Allaah will benefit you.” I said: “What is it?” he said: “When you go to bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi, ‘Allaah! Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), Al-Hayyul-Qayyoom (the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists)…’ [al-Baqarah 2:255] until you complete the verse, then you will always have a protector from Allaah, and no devil will come near you until morning comes. So I let him go, and the next morning I told the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) what had happened. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “He told you the truth, although he is a liar. Do you know who you have been speaking to for three nights, O Abu Hurayrah?” He said: “No.” He said: “That was a devil (a shaytaan).”

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said in al-Fath: This hadeeth teaches us a number of things… that one of the characteristics of the Shaytaan is lying, and that he may appear in various forms that may be seen, and that the words of Allaah, “Verily, he and Qabeeluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them” [al-A’raaf 7:27], apply to when he is in the form with which he was created.

It was narrated that the Shaytaan appeared to Quraysh in the form of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju’sham and encouraged them to fight the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). That happened during the battle of Badr. Ibn Jareer al-Tabari narrated in his Tafseer (12564) that ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr said:

When Quraysh decided to march, mention was made of what was between them and Bani Bakr – i.e., war – and that almost made them change their minds. Then Iblees appeared to them in the form of Suraaqah ibn Ju’sham al-Madlaji, who was one of the nobles of Banu Kinaanah, and said: “I will protect you against Kinaanah so that Kinaanah will not be able to do you any harm.” So they went ahead with their plan. This was also quoted by Ibn Katheer in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 5/62.

In Saheeh Muslim (2236) it is narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “In Madeenah there is a group of the jinn who have become Muslim, so whoever sees any of these creatures let him give it a warning three times, then if it appears after that he may kill it, for it is a devil.”

The word translated as “creatures” here refers to kinds of snakes that appear in houses; they are not to be killed until they have been given a warning three times, because they may be jinn. See Ghareeb al-Hadeeth by Ibn al-Atheer.

Al-Nawawi said: What this means is that if they do not disappear after being warned, then they are not the kind of creatures that inhabit houses and they are not among the jinn who have become Muslim, rather that is a devil so there is no sin on you if you kill it and Allaah will never give the Shaytaan a way to prevail over you by taking revenge, unlike the creatures (snakes) and jinn who have become Muslim. And Allaah knows best. Sharh Muslim, 14/236.

There have been many such incidents. Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said: The jinn may appear in human and animal form, so they may appear as snakes and scorpions etc, or in the form of camels, cattle, sheep, horses, mules and donkeys, or in the form of birds, or in the form of humans, as the Shaytaan came to Quraysh in the form of Suraaqah ibn Maalik ibn Ju’sham when they wanted to set out for Badr. Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/44.

Thirdly: The jinn have led many people astray by appearing in the forms of awliya’ (“saints”) and righteous people etc. Shaykh al-Islam said: The Shaytaan often appears in the form of the person who is being called upon and asked for help, if he is dead or sometimes if he is alive, without the person who called upon him realizing it. Indeed the Shaytaan may appear in his form and the misguided mushrik who is seeking that person’s help may think that the person himself has responded to him when in fact it is the Shaytaan. This also happens to the kuffaar who seek the help of those of whom they think well, whether they are dead or alive, such as the Christians who seek the help of George or others of their saints, and it happens to those so-called Muslims who commit shirk and follow misguidance by seeking the help of those who are dead or absent. The Shaytaan appears to them in the form of the one upon whom they call, without him realizing that… More than one person has told me that they sought my help, and each of them told me a different story. I told each one of them that I did not answer any one of them and I did not know that they were seeking my help. It was said that this was an angel, but I said: Angels do not help mushriks, rather that was a devil who wanted to misguide him.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 19/47-48.

One of the greatest ways in which a Muslim may seek help against the devils is to “fortify” himself with adhkaar and reciting Aayat al-Kursiy, as stated in the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah quoted above.

See also questions no. 22816. 12715 and 42073.

With regard to the second part of the question, which is whether the jinn have a true form:

With regard to this matter of photographs of the jinn, which have fascinated many people and become widespread on some websites, it is not possible to verify the authenticity of what is in these websites, especially nowadays when people are highly skilled in producing in all kinds of deceptive pictures. Moreover researching such matters brings no spiritual or worldly benefit and serves no purpose. It is better to occupy oneself with things that will bring spiritual or worldly benefit such as reading and understanding what is in the Qur’aan and the saheeh Sunnah, and what a person needs to know and do of correct belief and worship, and the proper attitude and etiquette which the Muslim should develop, and so on. It should also be noted that publishing pictures of animate beings is haraam according to sharee’ah as is stated in the texts. See questions no. 13633, 10668 and 7918.

We ask Allaah to protect you and raise you in status and forgive your sins and bless you with knowledge and good deeds, for He is the Best One to be asked.

May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Islam Q&A
http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=40703&ln=eng&txt=jinn

Muslim Knight
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
inshAllah may Allah(swt) protect....bro u seem familiar did u change ur user name?..

the programs are all fictional...not reality at all......i've seen many horrific movies/programs.....it hasnt frightened me yet.....
Nope. I've always been using this username.

Btw, I couldn't understand why some people would pay to watch movie and scare themselves silly. Which is why I avoided watching horror movies. To avoid scaring myself silly.

Fortunately, many of my prayers Allah has answered, so far nothing of the supernatural has bothered me.

islamirama
06-06-2007, 04:04 PM

Can we see the jinn? Do they have a real form?
It seems from this post from islamqa that jinns can be seen. They have shown themselves in many forms. Whether they have shown themselves in their true form or not is a different matter. There are many stories however of people who have seen them in their true forms.

Based on the facts established, Jinns are not among the unseen. Unseen are the things we can't see no matter what, like the future.

.:Umniyah:.
06-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Lol thats what im saying. Gee every other post is Jinn that, Jinn this. Whats UP with that?
You guys better stop claiming what you dont want to come true lol. and Youtube is pathetic, Jinn seems to be the new fashion, everyone wants to wear it, little do they know.

Dagless
06-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Why couldn't it be a normal skinny guy? I mean you get a bit drunk, stumble out into the woods to sleep it off and next thing you know 2 monkeys with a camera wake you up. The skinny guy was probably more scared than the camera guys.
I don't think his eyes were glowing, it was just reflected light.

smile
06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
It looks like someone was walking through the jungle with a flashlight

06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I cant see sh*** jus some dark thing wth

ranma1/2
06-07-2007, 03:19 AM

on the video it clearly says a fallen angel .......weird...with glowing green eyes i think.....and fair skin.......
glowing green eyes with a nightvision camera? Who would have thought.

Its a hoax.

tomtomsmom
06-07-2007, 02:10 PM
It was just a guy!!!!!!! The people filming were using nightshot on the camera. That makes your eyes glow green. My camera does that and it looks really freaky but it is normal. No jinn............just a guy who looks like he got caught taking a poo in the woods!!!!

Muslim Knight
06-07-2007, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
It was just a guy!!!!!!! The people filming were using nightshot on the camera. That makes your eyes glow green. My camera does that and it looks really freaky but it is normal. No jinn............just a guy who looks like he got caught taking a poo in the woods!!!!
Any guy taking a poo in the middle of the night and in the middle of the jungle, naked and bald also, would take out the poo in me any time also!!

tomtomsmom
06-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Well we don't really know where this video was taken. It could be right beside a campsite and he had "issues" in the middle of the night!

Thanaa
06-07-2007, 10:52 PM
I dunno...
Made me jump when it turned its head.
It looked a bit too skinny to be a normal human man (looked male to me), but then, I suppose you probably do get horrendously skinny, pale, bald men with eyes that flash like a cats in bright lights, lol!

S.A.
06-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Guys, there is a good possibility that it is some supernatural creature. I can say that because seeing such creatures or shayateen ( i prefer not calling them jinns as the word jinn itself brings rise to many other topics which iam not familiar with) is quite common in the Arab World in United Arab Emirates where i belong. so i cant really say its a fake video just blindly with no proof.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.