/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here!

Holly3278
06-06-2007, 03:36 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Holly. I am a conservative Roman Catholic from the midwest United States of America. I am 24 years old and I am a female. I am strongly intersted in learning about Islam and may even convert should I find it to be the truth. However, I have many questions and so have come here to learn about Islam.

I have a number of hobbies. They include but are not limited to: reading books, collecting coins, collecting rocks and minerals, learning about religion, learning about Christianity, learning about history, chatting, camping, stargazing, swimming, biking, and many more.

If you wish to chat, feel free to IM me on one of my messengers that I have listed. I would love to chat!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BanGuLLy
06-06-2007, 03:39 AM
:welcome: to the Forum!!!

syilla
06-06-2007, 04:04 AM
MashaAllah.........

WELCOME TO THE FORUM...

AND HAVE A BENEFICIAL STAY...

Khayal
06-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Hi

:welcome: to the forum. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
E'jaazi
06-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Greetings!

Hashim_507
06-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Peace be with you Holly,

Welcome to the forum, May Allah guide you to the truth.

wafa islam
06-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi Holly

Welcome to Load-Islam Forums !! If you want to learn about Islam, then you can check Basics of Islam and Discover Islam sections.

It is nice having you here. You will find people from all over the world, both muslims and non-muslims.

Peace

- Qatada -
06-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey Welcome to the forums Holly! :)

We pray that you have a beneficial and enjoyable stay here, and if you ever have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

You may find this site beneficial:

http://beconvinced.com/en/main.php

We look forward to your posts! :)

Peace.

Beblessed
06-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Welcome! Holly :)
have a nice time here in LI

Kittygyal
06-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Greetings.
Have fun
Take care

iwuvaziaf
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
hey holly!!!

how u doin girl?!? hopefully this place will answer your questions and clarify any misconceptions. Feel free to ask about anything. Just dont forget the forum rules. Stay active, keep posting...

Hopefully we'll see more of you as you get familiar with the forum.

Take care.

Ciao

p.s. you are getting an insight of the biggest family network

Holly3278
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone! I converted to Islam while talking to a 1-877-WhyIslam representative earlier! Praise be to Allah!

Kittygyal
06-06-2007, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Holly3278
Hi everyone! I converted to Islam while talking to a 1-877-WhyIslam representative earlier! Praise be to Allah!
SALAMUALIKUM.
MASHALLAH!!!! CONGRATS SIS!!! AM HAPPY FOR YA MA BLUD
ma'assalama

Khayal
06-06-2007, 06:36 PM

Hi
welcome here! Holly :)

- Qatada -
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Holly3278

So i don't have to say hi now..

Instead, we'll say the Islamic greeting, and the greeting of the people of paradise;

Asalaamu 'alaikum (peace be upon you sister.) :)

How did the conversation go? And how did you get interested in Islaam? Maybe you could post up your story on how you reverted if you want..

After someone becomes muslim, i think it's good to have a bath because your free from sin after you pronounce the shahadah (testimony of faith) [so anything wrong you did before Islaam, you are free from that and you're like a new born baby - sinless) :)

We look forward to your stay here, and we look forward to your posts sister. You've joined a family of 1billion people, from loads of different colors and races. Yet we all agree on something together - that God is Alone worthy of worship and we believe in ALL the true Messengers of Allaah/God, and we pray to Allaah/God that we all meet in Paradise. ameen.

Peace.

Kittygyal
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

We look forward to your stay here, and we look forward to your posts sister. You've joined a family of 1billion people, from loads of different colors and races. Yet we all agree on something together - that God is Alone worthy of worship and we believe in ALL the true Messengers of Allaah/God, and we pray to Allaah/God that we all meet in Paradise. ameen.

Salamualikum.
Amin thumma amin ya rabbil alameen.

Sis Holly i am a revert aswel and alhmdulillaih i found the right path and you will love it TRUST me :thumbs_up

Any questions you have PLEASE don't hesitate without lemitation just www.ask.com :p

Ma'assalama

learningislam
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
:salamext:

WElcome to the forum sister :)
And congratulations on your shahadah.......

may Allah Almighty keep you firm on Islam ameen

:wasalamex

Malaikah
06-07-2007, 03:32 AM
:sl:

Mashaallah, congratulations!!! :D

Umu 'Isa
06-07-2007, 03:46 AM
Assalaamu 'alaykum sis :D

Masha Allaah congratulations. Welcome to Islaam, you will love it insha Allaah!

May Allaah keep you firm on the deen, ameen!

north_malaysian
06-07-2007, 03:51 AM
On behalf of all Malaysian/Indonesian/Singaporean forummers (excluding Syilla becoz she greeted you earlier):

[BANANA]Selamat Datang!!!
(Welcome!!!)[/BANANA]

Skillganon
06-07-2007, 04:15 AM
On behalf of all Malaysian/Indonesian/Singaporean forummers (excluding Syilla & north_malaysian becoz they greeted you earlier):

(Welcome!!!) [/BANANA]

UmmSqueakster
06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Holly, I am rahma on CF, and I've left you a message on your LJ in the past.

Converting to Islam is not something that you can change your mind about 50 times. If you say la ilaha il Allah, Muhammadur rasul Allah, it must be something you have a firm belief in, and not something you will decide to change 2 days from now. Islam is hard and has a strict moral code - harder than catholicism.

IF, and I emphasize IF, you want to convert to Islam, FIRST, study. Read the entire Qur'an. Read a few books on Islam. Study seriously. Do not jump into this like you've jumped into being a catholic, baptist, and episcopalian.

If you want to talk more about Islam, I am more than willing to do so. But please be aware I and other muslim posters here will tire quickly if you leave islam, come back, leave islam, come back, etc etc etc.

To the other posters on this board, please be kind to Holly, but be aware that she jumps and switches religions almost as often as people change their socks. Show her the Rahman and Rahim of Allah (swt), answer her questions, but be aware that there is a 99.9999999999999999% chance that she will convert to another religion (and soon).

*~Sofia~*
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
salam Holly,

welcome to the forums :) i hope u have an enjoybale and beneficial stay, inshallah (god-willing).
congratulations on ur reversion :D and i do hope that u stick wid this religion...

but be aware that there is a 99.9999999999999999% chance that she will convert to another religion (and soon).

..and not convert to another as Janaan, above, has predicted.

If u have any questions please dnt hesitate to ask.. it's one big happy family here an we all love t help each other out :D

enjoy ur stay.. and get posting :)

wasalam Holly

Al_Imaan
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay. Congratulations on your reversion.

ummAbdillah
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
:sl:
wow mashallah! alhamdulilah allah chose islam for you :)
welcome sister.
:w:

Samira_01
06-10-2007, 01:11 PM
welcome to da forum hope u enjoy ur stay

PEACE:)

north_malaysian
06-11-2007, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
On behalf of all Malaysian/Indonesian/Singaporean forummers (excluding Syilla & north_malaysian becoz they greeted you earlier):

(Welcome!!!) [/BANANA]
Well, your "Selamat Datang" is bigger than mine.....:thumbs_up

UmmSqueakster
06-12-2007, 01:20 PM
http://holly-82.livejournal.com/

I Have Come Back To Catholicism
I came back to Catholicism today. I went to confession earlier and then also received the sacrament of the sick for my mental disorders. I am so happy to be home with Catholicism.

At church, I saw Missy Robbins. She was my RCIA sponsor. It turns out that she left the convent because it is not for her. I was so happy to see her.

I am so glad that I finally left Islam. Islam is a false religion and I am glad to be out of it!
:X

*~Sofia~*
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
:omg: realllly?

well i guess u did warn us Janaan ! :X

UmmSqueakster
06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Make dua for her. She has switched religions at least a dozen times in the last month that I can count, and dozens upon dozens of times in the last few years. It's getting worse as of late.

unknown_JJ
06-12-2007, 09:01 PM
asalamu alaykum

welcome to the forum
wag1
tc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!