/* */

PDA

View Full Version : H2H C Sport

alphatrizzle
06-06-2007, 04:32 AM
:sl:
I have heard a lot about Krav Maga, Israeli Hand to Hand Combat. I was just wondering, is there an Arab h2h combat technique thing? I used to do karate, and now want to learn something else. I know some Krav Maga, but I really want to learn some diverse form used by arabs and muslims and stuff. I don't know...

So anyone know?
Thanks

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
06-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Try Aikido!

Sinbad
06-06-2007, 06:35 AM
I dont know of any arabic, but I know of an islamic. VARZESH-E- BAUSTANI,

Its a persian martial art, its for islamic warriors, salahadin is said to have practised it as a young man.

Its based on Varzesh-e Pahlavani, a pre-islamic persian martial art.

http://www.iranonline.com/magazine/issue3/varzesh/

alphatrizzle
06-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Thanks
Something like VARZESH-E- BAUSTANI was just whatI was looking for
And mebbe I'll do Aikido too
But is there an Islamic Hand to Hand Combat rather than sword fighting?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sinbad
06-07-2007, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alphatrizzle
Thanks
Something like VARZESH-E- BAUSTANI was just whatI was looking for
And mebbe I'll do Aikido too
But is there an Islamic Hand to Hand Combat rather than sword fighting?
sword fighting? Its more like wrestling, and its extremly islamic!

Here is one of the arab tems, the iraqi national team.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7xjd...elated&search=

It says pahlavani, its probably a persian nationalist that have named it. That is Baustani, the islamic version. This is a work out, it looks simple but the shields are about 60 kg, and those sticks are from 10-40 kg each, and you twist them and all.

The backround sound is verses from the quaran, they say that allah guides you and give you strength, but its probably psychological and you belive you are stronger, so it gives you extra energi.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.