/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Big Dunc

Duncan Ferguson
06-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Hello.

Best introduce myself. My name is Tom and I'm an atheist from England. I've never believed in any god and I've been an atheist since I first heard the word.

I think that almost all religions have good and bad qualities. Overall, though, I think that their influence has been malign. Having said that, although I know lots of Muslims - mainly of Pakistani or Iraqi Kurdish origin - my education regarding Islam is lacking somewhat and I'd like to put that right.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BanGuLLy
06-07-2007, 02:17 AM
:welcome:
Start with this...
A Human is amazed at a Camera (human creation).. by the way it can focus.. zoom... view color..and etc..
So I ask you... What about your eye... the natural camera...
Who created that? it also can zoom, focus, see colors.. etc...
Who created the human body and the way it amazingly functions..
A heart that beats for 70-100 years..
an eyelid that blinks for 70-100 years..
etc..I can keep goin lol.. but ill stop..
A creation always has to have a Creator..so There HAS to be a God..

Duncan Ferguson
06-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Thank you for the welcome, Bangsta. Let me say that I will be in Toronto quite soon and any recommendations on places to visit would be gratefully accepted. Time, and the fact that it's nothing more than tourism, would probably preclude visits to mosques or churches.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
:welcome:
Start with this...
A Human is amazed at a Camera (human creation).. by the way it can focus.. zoom... view color..and etc..
So I ask you... What about your eye... the natural camera...
Who created that? it also can zoom, focus, see colors.. etc...
Who created the human body and the way it amazingly functions..
Simply this...descent by natural selection. There are at least nine different types of eye, all of which evolved independently. Tissue can change in many ways according to random mutation, including sensitivity to light. Computer simulations have shown that a remarkably small number of generations would be needed to create a fully-functioning human eye.

http://www.simonyi.ox.ac.uk/dawkins/...6peepers.shtml

format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
A creation always has to have a Creator..so There HAS to be a God..
But we know that mass and energy can be neither created nor destroyed.

north_malaysian
06-07-2007, 03:48 AM
On behalf of all forummers from Malaysia/Indonesia/Singapore here:

[BANANA]Selamat Datang!!!
(Welcome!!!)[/BANANA]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BanGuLLy
06-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein.
Quran has both.. and proved many things that the modern world has just found out.
Let me give you an example from the quote..
What comes b4 the big bang? Thats when religion comes in..
..Anyways lol.. this is a welcome thread..
SO WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!
Toronto is a great place.. and multicultural.. u'll see people from all around the world..
Check out the CN tower.. Eaton center... lots of many things you can see..

barney
06-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Hi Dunc.

Agnostic here. Welcome 2 teh forums. Grab your popcorn!

BanGuLLy
06-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Attraction sites..
Art Gallery of Ontario
Bata Shoe Museum
The Beaches
Black Creek Pioneer Village
Casa Loma
Canadian National Exhibition
CN Tower
Discovery Walks
Toronto Eaton Centre
Greektown
Harbourfront Centre
The Hockey Hall of Fame
Museum for Textiles
McMichael Canadian Art Collection
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Moose in the City 2000
MZTV Museum of Television
National Trade Centre
Ontario Place
Ontario Science Centre
Toronto Playdium
The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery
Royal Ontario Museum
SkyDome (Stadium)
Toronto Island Park
Toronto Stock Exchange
Waterfront Trail
Wild Water Kingdom
Paramount Canada's Wonderland (Themepark)
Metro Toronto Zoo

OH and if u go a little south west from Toronto.. u'll see the Niagra Falls..and u can see New york on the otherside :)

barney
06-07-2007, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duncan Ferguson

But we know that mass and energy can be neither created nor destroyed.
But what created mass!

Answer: The Catholics. LOL

chacha_jalebi
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
elo ello dunky :D

welcome

have fun here, hope you see the truth:D

- Qatada -
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey Dunc. :)

Just to get a basic intro on Islaam, you can check this site out:

http://beconvinced.com

If you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask! Look forward to your stay here.

Peace.

'Abd al-Baari
06-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey,

Welcome to the forums :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay

*~Sofia~*
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Peace Duncan

welcome to the forums :) i hope u have a beneficial stay as well as an enjoyable one.
u've cum to the right place to find out more on the religion of Islam. there's a wide range of topics discussed here.. so ENJOY! :D
If u have any questions, dnt hesitate to ask.

Peace

Kittygyal
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Greetings.
Welcome breda have fun and stay active.

Need help just ask pal.

Take care

Al_Imaan
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

jzcasejz
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Big Dunc. You an Everton supporter :?

Anyways, enjoy your stay.

Duncan Ferguson
06-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Thanks Bangsta, the Power Plant looks good - and not in the guide book I bought - and I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. I've already got a booking for Niagara. Fi_Sabilillah, that is a really useful link. Unfortunately it covers most of which I would have asked to begin with, so I'll have to think of some more. jzcasejz, yes, I am an Everton supporter, and apart from my mother, this is the longest-lasting and most enduring relationship I've had. Goodison Park is my church. Anyway, thank you all again.

Asyur an-Nagi
06-08-2007, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
On behalf of all forummers from Malaysia/Indonesia/Singapore here:

[BANANA]Selamat Datang!!!
(Welcome!!!)[/BANANA]
hahaha....thanks for speaking on behalf us from southeastern asia:D
but dunc, you remind me of evertonian striker's name.

on behalf LI ministry of health, welcome:D

- Qatada -
06-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey.

format_quote Originally Posted by Dunc
I am an Everton supporter, and apart from my mother, this is the longest-lasting and most enduring relationship I've had.

That's something really kool you're doing there man, treating your mom with respect and all that is one of the greatest deeds in the sight of God. :)

"Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: ‘My Lord! bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood' "(Qur'an 17:23-24).

A man came to Prophet Muhammad asking “ O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man said “then who else?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man asked, “then who else?” The Prophet replied “Your mother” When the man asked for the fourth time, only then did the Prophet say, “Your father” ( Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

The Prophet said: 'Paradise lies at the feet of your mother' (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan An-Nasâ’i, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

The Quran and Hadith on Mothers

http://www.soundvision.com/Info/moth...ran&hadith.asp

Anyway thanks for joining. :)

Peace.

Beblessed
06-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Welcome!!
have beneficial stay here & and a nice time :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!