(By-Shahriar Shahriari)

A lonely moth towards the light made his flight
in his love for the candle faced his plight
flying to the fire would bravely display
his love for the candle in his own way.

Hovering around the flame in love's name
he played a risky game, no one to blame
noticing candle's tears he just had to ask
I am the one in love, why this tearful mask?

Don't you see I am the one burning his wings
yet for love, to his life, no moth clings
you don't need to shed tears for my life
in this love, my only hope is my strife.

The candle steadily burnt with constant flame
amazed at the ignorant moth's lack of shame
since the day my sweetheart left my wax
separated and apart, I can't relax.

This flame that you see upon my head
is the fire that my love's light may spread
to the whole world, my honey perhaps by chance
may see my longing, in a distant glance.

You may fly, hover, even singe your wing
I will stand on fire, bearing it's sting
love is not to frit and fret and display
love is to quietly burn night and day
love is not to burn a wing and then fall
love is to be on fire standing tall.

You may burn your wing, yet you'll never know
what it means to burn from your head to toe
fault me not if I shed a tear or two
it is for my sweetheart not the likes of you.

At this point the gathering stirred about
the hostess, with a blow, put the candle out
the smoke rose from the blackened wick
spreading it's odor throughout quick.

The candle with a quiet sigh simply said
though my light is out, my love is not dead
this smoke that is coming from my head
is aroma of my love that I spread.

Then I just will sit here, patiently wait
for the next night's gathering, and my fate
this may give me a chance with the flame's dance
to shine my light for a glance, my dream romance.

I'll continue this till the end of my time
spread my love to every land and clime
either with my beloved become one
or spread so far and wide till I'm gone.

This was candle and moth's love story
a tale of bravery and quiet glory
true love is not for the strong and the brave
true love is lasting, testing to the grave.

In your life if it is love that you must taste
patiently, quietly burn, make no haste
if it's the ocean of love you must sail
be willing to navigate and then fail
because love has no size and no form
be willing to lose your ship in the storm.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimahMuminah
06-08-2007, 12:39 AM
A-Salam, Woooooow! That's an excellent piece Mansha'allah, I loved it. Jzk for sharing brother.

S.A.
06-08-2007, 12:57 AM
Beautiful poetry indeed, though i cudnt follow some of the lines. Thnks for it!

Zman
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahMuminah
A-Salam, Woooooow! That's an excellent piece Mansha'allah, I loved it. Jzk for sharing brother.
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
Beautiful poetry indeed, though i cudnt follow some of the lines. Thnks for it!
:sl:

Wa Iyyakum Insha Allah. I'm glad you enjoyed it...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
06-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Salamualikum.
Mashallah what a poem MAHSALLAH!!! KEEP THEM COMING BLUD
Ma'assalama

Have Faith
06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
mashallahhh !!!
Jazakhallah qhayran for sharing!!!

'Abd al-Baari
06-10-2007, 06:14 PM

[s]great poem[/s]

Jazakallah Khair for sharing :)

Zman
06-15-2007, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Mashallah what a poem MAHSALLAH!!! KEEP THEM COMING BLUD
Ma'assalama
format_quote Originally Posted by Have Faith
mashallahhh !!!
Jazakhallah qhayran for sharing!!!
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

[s]great poem[/s]

Jazakallah Khair for sharing :)

jazakum Allah Khair, for your approval :)

------
12-17-2007, 11:18 AM
:salamext:

*bump

because love has no size and no form
be willing to lose your ship in the storm.
Subhaan Allaah!!!! Beautiful poem!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2007, 11:54 AM
jazakAllaahu khair.

love... what a distraction eh.

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Love Allah and He will give you somebody to love when the time is right...Dont waste time crying and dying over somebody who wasnt meant for you.

Wa'alaykum salam

------
12-17-2007, 11:57 AM

^ THE distraction.

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

^ THE distraction.
Huh? *confused*

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
Love Allah and He will give you somebody to love when the time is right...Dont waste time crying and dying over somebody who wasnt meant for you.

Wa'alaykum salam
ye i actually made a longer post and then decided not to post it.

but i may aswell, i find that only love for the dunya weakens the heart enough to fall to such a sad state.

Even after marriage, if we love this person but love Allaah more, why should we suffer?!

The biggest comfort lies in knowing Allaah is in control. He is the most just, the most merciful. Please him, and have faith that he will please you, if not in dunya, then in akhirah.

Radhiallahu anhu wa radhu anh, zaalika li man khashiya rabba - surah bayyina

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ye i actually made a longer post and then decided not to post it.

but i may aswell, i find that only love for the dunya weakens the heart enough to fall to such a sad state.

Even after marriage, if we love this person but love Allaah more, why should we suffer?!

The biggest comfort lies in knowing Allaah is in control. He is the most just, the most merciful. Please him, and have faith that he will please you, if not in dunya, then in akhirah.

Radhiallahu anhu wa radhu anh, zaalika li man khashiya rabba - surah bayyina

Assalamu Alaikum
AssalamuAlaykum

Too true Akhee,

the Aayah about Liking a thing which is bad for you, and only Allah knowing...If we put all our trust in Allah for the best part of our lives, but then stopped when the time for marriage and the silly heartbreak business came...what does that say about our Imaan?

I didnt understand the suffering part though?

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I didnt understand the suffering part though?
the emotions felt after rejection of ones feelings/goals.

I know many couples in which one partner wishes to be practising, greatly ! yet the other partner loves dunya too much, but she/he loves him/her and they want to stay together in a healthy relationship.

Audhubillaah, how does a healthy relationship of pure love stem from the disobedience of Allaah?

Assalamu Alaikum

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 12:17 PM
the emotions felt after rejection of ones feelings/goals.

I know many couples in which one partner wishes to be practising, greatly ! yet the other partner loves dunya too much, but she/he loves him/her and they want to stay together in a healthy relationship.

Audhubillaah, how does a healthy relationship of pure love stem from the disobedience of Allaah?

Assalamu Alaikum
SubhanAllah!

*grin* I'm feeling giddy at the fact that so many people get drawn in...Love can be pathetic at times.

Its strange....how can the pleasure and ultimate rejection compare to the pleasure and pain of the Akhirah? How is doing something haram and engaging in haram acts going to give you a better Akhirah? Au'dhubillah...because the Akhirah is what its all about...The Master who looked after all your needs till the day you started to disobey Him, will help you out again once you turn to Him in sincere repentance.

And a healthy relationship cannot stem....If something starts off based on haram...you cannot expect the end result to be anything but haram.

------
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Huh? *confused*
I was replying to brother IbnAbdulHakim.

i find that only love for the dunya weakens the heart enough to fall to such a sad state.
What I don't get, is that someone can easily not be in love with the dunya, but be in love with a person. That does not necessarily mean they are in love with the Dunya.

And a healthy relationship cannot stem....If something starts off based on haram...you cannot expect the end result to be anything but haram.
True.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

What I don't get, is that someone can easily not be in love with the dunya, but be in love with a person. That does not necessarily mean they are in love with the Dunya.
it happens, but let me tell you how the true mu'min would behave in this occasion. He would propose to the girl (not mingle), if accepted then they will marry, and love for the dunya will take a backseat inshaAllah. If rejected, he will have sabr, and love for the dunya will take a backseat inshaAllaah.

If rejected and the man goes crazy, how was his emaan then that he couldnt obey Allaah in this situation?

sabr at the strike of the calamity is best, the strike is at the beginning. Even the kaafirs sober up and accept a rejection, the mu'min should do it from the start (ie as soon as the proposal is rejected).

End of the day, such cases are found even in the life of our beloved Prophet Sallallaahi alaihi wasallaam, such as the sahabi who went publicly begging his lover to take him back to the point where he asked our prophet to interceed with the woman for him, but the woman said is it an order or a request (ie is it fard upon her), she didnt want him. The prophet felt sorry for him because its in Allaahs hands.

In such a case, Allaah knows best, and in such a case sabr is definitly best. Finding sabr too hard?! Its probably because you need to manage your time better, ie do things which keep you in remembrance of Allaah.

Remember Al-bukhaari rahimahullaah said even an hours negligence from the remembrance of death corrupts the heart....

Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2007, 12:30 PM
SubhanAllah!
soooooo true!!!!!!!! and it dosnt only apply to relationaships either.

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 01:00 PM
it happens, but let me tell you how the true mu'min would behave in this occasion. He would propose to the girl (not mingle), if accepted then they will marry, and love for the dunya will take a backseat inshaAllah. If rejected, he will have sabr, and love for the dunya will take a backseat inshaAllaah.

If rejected and the man goes crazy, how was his emaan then that he couldnt obey Allaah in this situation?

sabr at the strike of the calamity is best, the strike is at the beginning. Even the kaafirs sober up and accept a rejection, the mu'min should do it from the start (ie as soon as the proposal is rejected).

End of the day, such cases are found even in the life of our beloved Prophet Sallallaahi alaihi wasallaam, such as the sahabi who went publicly begging his lover to take him back to the point where he asked our prophet to interceed with the woman for him, but the woman said is it an order or a request (ie is it fard upon her), she didnt want him. The prophet felt sorry for him because its in Allaahs hands.

In such a case, Allaah knows best, and in such a case sabr is definitly best. Finding sabr too hard?! Its probably because you need to manage your time better, ie do things which keep you in remembrance of Allaah.

Remember Al-bukhaari rahimahullaah said even an hours negligence from the remembrance of death corrupts the heart....
AssalamuAlaykum!! That was just masha'Allah! May Allah reward you...Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.