/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Call Linked To South America

England
06-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Mystery Call Linked To South America
Updated: 15:10, Friday June 08, 2007

The hunt for abducted Madeleine McCann has been linked for the first time to South America.

It is understood a mysterious call claiming to know the whereabouts of the four-year-old came from a mobile phone registered in Argentina.

The call, described by officials as "credible", was considered so potentially significant that the McCanns halted their search of Europe to help police investigate.

The call from the pay-as-you-go phone came from a man who wanted to speak directly to the McCanns, according to Spanish police sources.

He did not reveal his identity or nationality, but the phone was soon linked to the South American country.

All efforts to re-establish contact with the caller failed on Wednesday and the couple carried on with their journey around Europe.

A British police source said: "The importance of this line of inquiry is still being assessed and attempts to re-establish contact are continuing."

Spanish officials at first denied they had received the call, but a Guardia Civil source told the Portuguese paper Correio de Manha: "Only time will tell if this call gives help or not to the case."

Spanish newspaper El Mundo reported that a man matching the description released by Portuguese police two weeks ago was seen in a bar in Seville a week before Madeleine's abduction.

It claimed the man was working on the instruction of others and told fellow drinkers he was going to the Algarve.

In Praia da Luz, Mr and Mrs McCann planned a trip to Morocco as the final part of their attempt to raise awareness of their daughter's disappearance.

They are keen to go because of its proximity to Portugal. Several ferries a day leave from Tarifa in Spain for the 35-minute crossing to Tangiers.

The couple are considering catching the ferry and travelling to the capital Rabat.

Morocco has surfaced repeatedly in the hunt for Madeleine, with a reported sighting of a little girl seen with a man.

It is 35 days since Madeleine was abducted from her bed in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz.

Police have only one formal suspect, Robert Murat.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...269394,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lina
06-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Weird situation,

It's seems to much of a risk for the abductor to walk around with the girl at this moment, with this media hype around it.

He/she could be hiding somewhere with the little girl or he/she got rid of her out of panic.

Allahu A'lam.

islamirama
06-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Thousands of kids are kidnapped daily. This one is just getting too much attention then it deserves, guess having money and high position does matter.

Thanaa
06-11-2007, 04:52 PM
I hope that they find her soon...Its a terrible thing to happen to a child.:(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
HBot 5000
06-11-2007, 05:10 PM
:sl:

I am sypathetic to the plight of the parents and i sincerely hope they find their daughter. They are suffering as any parent would.

However i am sick to death of hearing about this case. Their are plenty of missing young people, why on earth give this case the media attention it has already received? Just the other day i heard of a young girl going missing, on this occassion she was coloured yet only 1 report on the bbc.

Isn't she the right colour to get this attention? Or is it that your parents both have to be doctors and earn over £200K a year to be noticed?

Whatever the reason i hope they find her safe and well and i hope all this media attention does not cause her abductors to take rash and potentially deadly decisions. +o(

:w:

England
06-11-2007, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Thousands of kids are kidnapped daily. This one is just getting too much attention then it deserves, guess having money and high position does matter.
Money and high position??? Madeleine's parents are just average people like any other mother and father. The reason Madeleine is getting this attention is because she is British and the British media is forcing the pressure on her being found. Whenever a British child get abducted, a Briton gets arrested for no reason etc then the British media put pressure on the British government and the government of the country from where the incident happened. Take a look at Sky News website for example, it has it's own section labelled as "Madeleine." Without our media this manhunt wouldn't have even started.
Normally the Portuguese just stick 2 or 3 agents on the investigation but instead it has turned into an international search.
At least the media is good for something eh? :) :thumbs_up

MTAFFI
06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Money and high position??? Madeleine's parents are just average people like any other mother and father. The reason Madeleine is getting this attention is because she is British and the British media is forcing the pressure on her being found. Whenever a British child get abducted, a Briton gets arrested for no reason etc then the British media put pressure on the British government and the government of the country from where the incident happened. Take a look at Sky News website for example, it has it's own section labelled as "Madeleine." Without our media this manhunt wouldn't have even started.
Normally the Portuguese just stick 2 or 3 agents on the investigation but instead it has turned into an international search.
I agree

If it were my daughter I would put every last penny and every last minute of my life into finding her, and if you have the money to pay for media attention then why wouldnt you? I will be tired of hearing of this missing girl when she is found

islamirama
06-11-2007, 08:59 PM

Well that makes some sense than. I mean thousands of kids go missing every day in US, no one gives a hoot about them. You never see any media covered for 10minutes let alone months on end. I wonder if UK media cares or if its just public pressure here.

S_87
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Peace

the brits like to focus on one story like this per year, reality is many britons are kidnapped within the UK aswell as outside and go unnoticed by the media.
that her parents are respectable people has a lot to with the how the media have handled this.
if they were a chav couple out drinking at night, same distance etc i doubt they would have got this much attention.

hopefully shell be found safe though

England
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Well that makes some sense than. I mean thousands of kids go missing every day in US, no one gives a hoot about them. You never see any media covered for 10minutes let alone months on end. I wonder if UK media cares or if its just public pressure here.
Child abductions are rare in the UK. When it does happen it makes big news but when it happens in another country it makes even bigger news and forces their government to sort it. The media care isn't under any pressure at all to give this media attention. They could forget about it and then eventually everybody else will forget about it but instead they're drumming it into everyones heads. With the amount of coverage the media has given it everyone knows what Madeleine looks like. If you close your eyes you will be able to picture her description and that's the purpose of this constant attention.

There's even an official website for Madeleine
http://www.findmadeleine.com/

ummAbdillah
06-11-2007, 09:15 PM
:sl:
I hope and pray that Madeleine and all missing children return safely to their families. It must be very tough for parents in that kind of situation :(.
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.