/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ABout Lectures and debates between muslims and others

dragkill
06-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Salam Alikum
I'm just curious to know how i see most of the time debates and lectures between the muslims and christians, but why doesnt the muslims ever debate in live lecture videos between the jews or hindus ect?:-[

Walikum Salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
06-10-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dragkill
Salam Alikum
I'm just curious to know how i see most of the time debates and lectures between the muslims and christians, but why doesnt the muslims ever debate in live lecture videos between the jews or hindus ect?:-[

Interesting question.

In the case of Judaism I suspect it's because the faiths aren't really in direct 'competition', as it were, regarding people converting from one to another, and compared with Christianity and Islam the numbers following Judaism are not large. The other reason is, I suspect, that theological debate would rapidly be replaced by political argument unless those concerned were very, very careful.

In the case of Hinduism (and Buddhism) there is so little common ground I can't really see the point. There's no point in trying persuade a Buddhist that God or gods created the universe if the Buddhist thinks the matter totally irrelevant.

Woodrow
06-10-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dragkill
Salam Alikum

Walikum Salam
I agree with Trumble about the Jews. I don't think there are permitted to debate their religion.

With the Hindus I don't know, but Trumble may be right there. There is so much difference there does not seem to be any area that would be open for debate. It would like having an arguement and one person is saying Vanilla ice cream is better than strawberry ice cream and the other person hollering, but Earnest Hemingway is the better writer. No common grounds for debate just 2 people trying to force their belief upon the other.

snakelegs
06-10-2007, 10:02 PM
i think the answer lies in the fact that both islam and christianiity are proselytizing religions so they are motivated to try to convince each other of The Truth, which each feels it has the monopoly on.
i don't know of any other religion that feels the need for debates.
for an outsider, these debates seem completely pointless and quite absurd.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dragkill
06-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeh true but you see in one of Dr Zakir Naik videos he does a lecture about hindus and similarity and theres alot of simlarity between us muslims and hindus

snakelegs
06-10-2007, 10:37 PM
what are some of the similarities between hindus and muslims? i don't think hindus are interested in converting muslims, are they?

dragkill
06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what are some of the similarities between hindus and muslims? i don't think hindus are interested in converting muslims, are they?
sorry i dont remember but if you watch dr zakir video ul see

and who would try to connvert us muslims lol theres nothing they can grab on to that is wrong is they can chalange:D

snakelegs
06-10-2007, 10:47 PM
christians never give up.

Woodrow
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
christians never give up.
True, but at least some of them wake up and revert to Islam.

Umar001
06-10-2007, 11:43 PM
The only and kind of interesting talk I have seen is the dialogue between Zakir Naik and Sri Sri something I forget the name, sorry. It was more of a dialogue than a debate, I was waiting for ages for that to be shown. I say a dialogue because Mr Sri Sri didnt so much try to disprove or prove but rather speak of coexistance and so forth. That's the difference i have seen between the Islam/Christianity and Islam/Hinduism.

Similarities, well one of the similarieties that was brought forth by for example Zakir Naik was on the 'image' for lack of better words, the description, not physical but I mean as to what God is, in the scriptures.

I don't know about the hindus intention in their lands, but it seems to a certain point Zakir Naik debates are attended as sort of a Entertainment in some of those countries, to see his speeches, I would have thought the hindus would also see it as a 'sport' type of thing. Ps I dont say it because of anything Zakir Naik has done, I just mean, his speech techinique is very interesting!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.