/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 786, what is your view on their nasheeds

naseehamusic
08-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters, I would like to know what your veiws are about 786, a american pop nasheed style group that use musical instruments and sample many of the pop songs you hear today such as their palestine song which is an exact copy of a n-sync track, how far are we willing to go to create a nasheed, is the nasheed industry becoming all about the money, when do we draw the line?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Takumi
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
:sl:

Samy Yusuf uses instruments too, and I don't see many people condemning him and his music.

I don't have an opinion, I'm going let the scholars deal with this fatwa. If there are more than one opinions about music, that means, that the scholars (I mean scholars: one who memorized al quran, several thousand hadeeth, know the Arabic language back and forth, and all those shebang; not the ones who only quote other people and start making fatawa) do not have the consensus.

And how do we deal with this situation, the hadeeth of the prophet explains how.

When you're in doubt, ask the fatwa in your heart even if the people has made it halaal.

This hadeeth is found in the collection of 40 hadeeth by Nawawi. :D

Re.TiReD
08-15-2005, 02:23 PM
nasheeds WITH music falls into one of the three categories - halaal, doubtful, or haraam.
there is EVIDENCE that musical instruments are haraam. majority of the scholars are against nasheeds that contain musical instruments - only very few will actually support this issue. aside from that, if youre still not convinced about musical instruments being used in nasheeds as haraam, then take this issue as doubtful = it is said in the hadeeth:

On the authority of Al-Numan bin Basheer, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :
"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart."

#narrated by Bukhari and Muslim

or check on www.islam-qa.com for more info about all this!!

Takumi
08-15-2005, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer
nasheeds WITH music falls into one of the three categories - halaal, doubtful, or haraam.
there is EVIDENCE that musical instruments are haraam. majority of the scholars are against nasheeds that contain musical instruments - only very few will actually support this issue. aside from that, if youre still not convinced about musical instruments being used in nasheeds as haraam, then take this issue as doubtful = it is said in the hadeeth:

!
Exactly! This few scholars whom you talk about, are they scholars or just a plain guy giving fatawa by their whims and fancy? :omg:

Which brings me to my point, if there's no consensus, pick your choice and don't judge others.

Are we sure we want to condemn 786 or any other people who follow these permissibility to the hell fire. THAT'S what HARAAM means right? It means when you do it, and you die while doing it, intentionally without repenting, you're destined to hell fire?

:confused:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
madaashaa
08-30-2005, 09:25 PM
well personally,

i don't really like 786 :thumbs_do as i think they're a bit too englishy :confused: , you know and nasheeds

are meant to without music reaally but this is just how it is nowdays in our society.

TEH
08-30-2005, 09:31 PM
The Muslim Backstreet Boys... :p

Funny bunch of lads, I dont listen to their stuff, because I think it is a bit doubtful, and im not one to say whether it is halaal or haraam like takumi said. One could bring up the issue of the lesser of two evils, rather 786 than N-Sync no??

Dawud Wharnsby Ali and Zain Bhikha all the way... :p

basitisnumberone
08-30-2005, 10:18 PM
here are some fatwas bro
against musical instruments:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=67925&dgn=4
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=43736&dgn=4
http://islamtoday.net/english/show_d...&main_cat_id=1
http://islamtoday.net/english/show_q...1&sub_cat_id=9

allow musical intruments:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503545728
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...atwaE%2FFatwaE

:w:

Noor
09-01-2005, 01:41 AM
They are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. are they for real? They are TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Its like a backstreet boy song with Yusuf ISlam lyrics.....How WRONG is that?

I CANT BELIEVE ANY MUSLIM WOULD ALLOW THEM TO PRODUCE SUCH SONGS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............I'm listen to one of their songs as Iam writing this post. The one called Palestine. it's hilarious, but it really shouldnt be!!!!

what country are they from? seriously, I want to throw some rocks at them! :)

One word to sum up their music : Disgusting!

*sorry if I offend anyone, but its how I feel.

Noor
09-01-2005, 01:52 AM
ok Has anyone heard She made her Mark?

SubanAllah.....May Allah forgive us all!!!!!!!!!AMEEN

SalafiFemaleJih
09-01-2005, 01:55 AM
786 or nsync whats da diffrence?

one of the sign of day of judgement iz musical instruments. Subhan'Allah.

May Allah swt forigive us and guide us to the righht path....the path of pious Ameen.

wasalamualaikum wr wb : )

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 05:03 AM
never heard of 'em

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 05:03 AM
not gonna hear them, according to the posts here..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.