/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question to Evolutionists

FBI
06-09-2007, 01:59 AM
If we evolved from monkeys then why are monkeys still around in their present form today, why didn't there ancestors evolve into humans?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
06-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Genetic mutation.

Like a Virus evolves to a new form, it dosnt wipe out the old one.

Thats all.

:threadclo

Sinbad
06-09-2007, 02:23 AM
Thread open again:D

Thats not realy an argument. There are still monkeys left cause some didnt evolve. Its like saying, If all fishes came from one fish, why are there still several fishes?

If you take out one apple out of the fridge, stick holes in it. It will become brown. But how come there are still apples that are not brown in the fridge?

Sounds unrelated to the queston? exactly.

barney
06-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Apples in fridges dont reproduce! :rollseyes

This isnt a winnable arguement.
A better one is "Ahh well..Allah made the apples"

Seriously!

:threadclo

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sinbad
06-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Stop closing the thread youre not a Moderator cause youre a kafir:D

You might get a warning for closing down threads, people might actually not respond cause they belive that the thread realy is closed. Its not good what you are doing.

barney
06-09-2007, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Stop closing the thread youre not a Moderator cause youre a kafir:D

You might get a warning for closing down threads, people might actually not respond cause they belive that the thread realy is closed. Its not good what you are doing.
Oh right! Sorry folks!

It's a good job i'm not a Mod....i'd undelete about 250 of my posts!:D

Sinbad
06-09-2007, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Oh right! Sorry folks!

It's a good job i'm not a Mod....i'd undelete about 250 of my posts!:D
Same here:D 90% of my threads never show up

Strzelecki
06-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Humans didn't evolve from Monkeys. Monkeys and Humans both evolved from one common animal. :)

- Qatada -
06-09-2007, 10:48 AM
:salamext:

Bro, check this insha Allaah :) a clear refutation alhamdulilah, with pics/slides, and all that.

[link removed]

ranma1/2
06-09-2007, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
If we evolved from monkeys then why are monkeys still around in their present form today, why didn't there ancestors evolve into humans?
I think if you take a moment to read about evolution it should answer your questions.
One of the best sources i could recomend would be from berkley
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

But to address your statement.
There are several flaws.

#1 we did not evolve from "monkeys" , rather we share a common ancestry with modern monkeys but we are more directly related to apes.
#2 even if we did we did not evolve from modern monkeys.

evolution allows for species to split like branches on a tree so it is possible for certain branches to exists at the same time as similar past relative.

ranma1/2
06-09-2007, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Bro, check this insha Allaah :) a clear refutation alhamdulilah, with pics/slides, and all that.

http://www.allaahuakbar.net/ATHEIST/evolution/index.htm
rather than go into that horrible sight with many flawed arguments why dont you post one and we can go over that.

ranma1/2
06-09-2007, 01:58 PM

Ok i checked out the site and it appears that the arguemtns are "we dont know how this happened so god did it"
or out right lies.

Not to mention the confusion of evolution with how life began or how the universe began.

czgibson
06-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Greetings,

I'm sorry, but do you seriously think that site is a trustworthy and intellectually rigorous source of information? I've never seen more ignorant propaganda in my life.

There's nothing clear about it, and to anyone with more than the merest passing knowledge of evolutionary theory and the history of ideas, the points put forward seem laughably incompetent.

I would have thought most Muslims would be ashamed and appalled to have their faith defended in such a weak manner.

How about this, from the same site but on a different topic, for a distortion of Muslim beliefs:

sex that occurs between a man and a woman who are currently married or who have ever been married is Zinaa and this is punishable by death
Source: http://www.allaahuakbar.net/gay/index.htm

:?

Peace

Trumble
06-09-2007, 02:44 PM
a clear refutation alhamdulilah, with pics/slides, and all that.

I have to agree with the last two posters, that isn't a 'clear refutation' of anything; it's total drivel.

It is simply not plausible to deny the existence of evolution by natural selection with any scientific credibility. Attempting to do so by people who really should know better generally reflects a fundamental misconception, that evolution is somehow intimately and necessarily connected with atheism. It is not; evolution allows both atheistic and theistic understandings.

'Intelligent design' for example fully accepts evolution; where it differs from the mainstream view is in believing some complex processes cannot have evolved in the usual fashion and that some input from God must have been required. And what is so unpleasant about the idea that God designed the process of evolution to create exactly what he wanted to create when he wanted it created?

- Qatada -
06-09-2007, 02:45 PM
thanks everyone, for ganging up on me? :eek:

Can't a guy even make mistakes? And even so, don't i have the right to post a link?

I'm sorry if i offended you guys.

Peace.

BanGuLLy
06-09-2007, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI
lol did u get that from Khalid Yasin's video?

FBI
06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
lol did u get that from Khalid Yasin's video?
No I just a thought I had.

czgibson
06-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Greetings,
Sorry. That wasn't my intention, certainly. I'm sure the others were just shocked, as I was.

Can't a guy even make mistakes? And even so, don't i have the right to post a link?
You do have that right. You're a mod, so you can post whatever you like!

I'm sorry if i offended you guys.
Not offended, just shocked. I think you might want to exert a little quality control over the sites you link to. That one definitely doesn't do your religious beliefs justice.

Peace

- Qatada -
06-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Removed :)

Trumble
06-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to contribute to such an impression and I'm sure the others didn't either. As czgibson said it's just that.. well, never mind, enough said.

What I would like to do, again, is recommend a book to anyone who has trouble reconciling the science to a belief in God.. particularly to those who choose to to ditch the science rather than the religion, but also to atheists as well. It's called 'The Language of God' by Francis Collins, subtitled "a scientist presents evidence for belief". While I don't agree with some of what he says, it is an excellent and measured response to the scientific 'dis-proofs' used by people such as Richard Dawkins and shows that a belief in God is perfectly sustainable without the need to embrace such discrediting nonsense (sorry) as creationism. It's worth the money just to see the best exposition of 'scientific' intelligent design that I have seen anywhere.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.