/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fav Books

*KB*
06-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Assalamualaykum Everyone!

Hope you are doing fine! Alhamdullilah i am fine. Now to my topic but before i do i would like to say anyone who has started this thread or has already participated in a thread like this i am sorry.

I like books, although i am not a book worm, i am intreasted in books, well some of them. So the question: what is your favourite book?

Mine is Eragon and the sequel Eldest. (new one to come out Inheritance[so i believe:statisfie ]) so brothers and sisters what is your favourite book?

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sinbad
06-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Eragon, and a girl you are. If you liked the book cause it had many female warriors, (the reason its popular). I suggest you read persian history.

Its filled with women warriors, amazons did exist they where persians. There where female officers, the admiral of the navy. Ardashir et c.

But about books, I liked "Empire", by orson scott card. Its about a new american civil war between liberals and republicans clashing.

'Abd al-Baari
06-09-2007, 03:22 PM
:sl:

I'm currently reading 1984 by George Orwell and it's great so far! :)

and the Dan Brown series are great too

vpb
06-09-2007, 03:28 PM
well from ordinary books, it is "Kur'ani prijatar i shkences" (Qur'an the leader of science) by Ali Iljazi.

I have read lot of things about Qur'an and Science, but never found anything like this book. It's amazing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mariam.
06-09-2007, 04:12 PM
LOL .. Iam a a book worm

Ok what about my fav books .. mmm

Even Angels ask .. by Jeffrey Lang
Struggling to surrender .. by him TOO

Islam on trial .. by Dr. shawqi abu khalil

Such are their problems .. by Dr. sa'id ramadan al-buti

Malcom X .. by Alex Haley

super brain power .. by Jean marie stine

the Da Vinci Code .. If we forget the disagreements with it , I think it's interesting.

I think that you are asking me to STOP .... OK :)

peace

Trumble
06-09-2007, 07:08 PM
My all time favourite novel is probably rather obscure now, Akif Pirincci's Felidae. It's about cats, or specifically about one cat that turns 'detective' to solve a series of rather gruesome murders among the local cat population. Despite the anthropomorphism it's not a kids book, although teens might enjoy. A great plot and a lot of insight about cats.

Other than that, my other favourites would all be non-fiction. I'm a big fan of Karen Armstrong, particularly her A History of God and her wonderful biography of the Buddha.

bint_muhammed
06-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I love reading, i dnt have any favouries though! i'm reading 'my discovery of islam' by muhammed asad, very good!

*KB*
06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Assalamualaykum

Thank you brothers and sisters for telling me your favourite books and the authors. Insha'Allah i will read them and see if i have your taste!
So all you other brothers and sisters do you have a favourite book? (or have you have never touched or read one!)

Assalamualaykum
*KB*
:coolious:

P.S Sinbad i liked Eragon because it was similar to Lord of The Rings (maybe a bit too similar:P)!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.