/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Diana planned to become a Muslim, book claims

mohammed farah
06-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Princess Diana's post-Charles detachment from reality has been revealed, Mark Coultan reports.

PRINCESS Diana considered converting to Islam during her relationship with the Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan, according to a new book.

An extract in Vanity Fair of The Diana Chronicles, by Tina Brown, says Diana fell for the doctor while visiting the husband of a friend in hospital. "Oonagh, isn't he drop-dead gorgeous!" she is said to have said after he left the room. Diana then proceeded to visit the surprised husband for 17 days straight in order to meet his doctor.

Brown writes that, in no time, her Kensington Palace apartment "was fragrant with the scent of burning joss sticks".

Diana became a student of cardiology, got the anatomical textbook Grey's Anatomy and watched the TV show Casualty every Saturday night.

One night she got caught by a News of the World photographer at the hospital at midnight. She rang the paper's royal correspondent and planted a story that she went there four hours a night, three nights a week to comfort terminally ill patients.

Although Diana's life has been covered in excruciating detail (there are 14 new books coming out to mark the 10th anniversary of her death) Brown provides details of Diana's detachment from reality, such as telling Brown over a lunch that she thought she could solve the conflict in Northern Ireland.

"I'm very good at sorting out people's heads," Brown quotes her as saying.

The New York Times reviewed the book, criticising Brown for relying on earlier books about Diana, but also saying: "At its best this book combines gossip, opinion and context in ways that cast new light on Diana's cautionary tale."

The extract in Vanity Fair, which Brown once edited, is focused on Diana's life after her divorce from Prince Charles. For a while, the relationship between the princess and the surgeon bloomed, she writes. He wasn't interested in high life or fashion, didn't want anything from her and had a dread of publicity.

Diana intended to turn a former equerry's room in Kensington Palace into a basement room for Natty, as he was known. On weekends, when her staff weren't there, she would cook dinner for him.

"Marks and Spencer have got these very clever little meals that you just put the timer on and press the button and it's done for you!" Diana is quoted as telling her therapist, Simone Simmons.

On his birthday, she went out to meet him wearing her best sapphire and diamond earrings, a fur coat and nothing else.

She would also spend the day at his messy one-bedroom apartment in Chelsea, where she would vacuum, do the dishes and iron his shirts.

Her trips to Pakistan with Jemima and Imran Khan were covers to ingratiate herself with his family. She turned up without notice to his family's house in Lahore.
But Hasnat's mother had no intention of letting her son marry anyone other than a Pakistani Muslim girl.

The episode deeply upset Hasnat Khan, who had concluded that Diana, abandoned by her mother when she was six, needed more love than any man could give her.

Diana's dream was that the two of them would become international humanitarians. Diana was delusional about the relationship. She talked to Jemima Khan late at night about how to handle marriage to a traditional Muslim man. She even got her butler, Paul Burrell, to ask a priest if it was possible to get married secretly.

Link:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/entert...089329084.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
06-09-2007, 02:31 PM
What an utter load of ...ya know! :giggling: Next you'll be saying that I want to become muslim! :giggling:

mohammed farah
06-09-2007, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
What an utter load of ...ya know! :giggling: Next you'll be saying that I want to become muslim! :giggling:
Insallah you will my friend!:)

*~Sofia~*
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
What an utter load of ...ya know! Next you'll be saying that I want to become muslim!
The way u say that it sounds like there's sumthing wrong with being a muslim...!
u never no.. Diana may have wanted to b'cum muslim.. but i guess we'll never know now

And Allah knows best

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
England
06-09-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
Insallah you will my friend!:)
Haha uh huh.... sure I will :D :thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
The way u say that it sounds like there's sumthing wrong with being a muslim...!
u never no.. Diana may have wanted to b'cum muslim.. but i guess we'll never know now

And Allah knows best

peace
I say it because according to muslims everyone wants to become muslim... Even Michael Jackson converted to Islam according to muslims lol.

ummAbdillah
06-09-2007, 05:33 PM
:sl:
Allahu A'lam (Allah knows)
she passed away long ago, so lets not start some kind of a debate about it.
Only Allah knows :)
:w:

ranma1/2
06-11-2007, 02:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
Princess Diana's post-Charles detachment from reality has been revealed, Mark Coultan reports.

PRINCESS Diana considered converting to Islam during her relationship with the Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan, according to a new book.

An extract in Vanity Fair of The Diana Chronicles, by Tina Brown, says Diana fell for the doctor while visiting the husband of a friend in hospital. "Oonagh, isn't he drop-dead gorgeous!" she is said to have said after he left the room. Diana then proceeded to visit the surprised husband for 17 days straight in order to meet his doctor.

Brown writes that, in no time, her Kensington Palace apartment "was fragrant with the scent of burning joss sticks".

Diana became a student of cardiology, got the anatomical textbook Grey's Anatomy and watched the TV show Casualty every Saturday night.

One night she got caught by a News of the World photographer at the hospital at midnight. She rang the paper's royal correspondent and planted a story that she went there four hours a night, three nights a week to comfort terminally ill patients.

Although Diana's life has been covered in excruciating detail (there are 14 new books coming out to mark the 10th anniversary of her death) Brown provides details of Diana's detachment from reality, such as telling Brown over a lunch that she thought she could solve the conflict in Northern Ireland.

"I'm very good at sorting out people's heads," Brown quotes her as saying.

The New York Times reviewed the book, criticising Brown for relying on earlier books about Diana, but also saying: "At its best this book combines gossip, opinion and context in ways that cast new light on Diana's cautionary tale."

The extract in Vanity Fair, which Brown once edited, is focused on Diana's life after her divorce from Prince Charles. For a while, the relationship between the princess and the surgeon bloomed, she writes. He wasn't interested in high life or fashion, didn't want anything from her and had a dread of publicity.

Diana intended to turn a former equerry's room in Kensington Palace into a basement room for Natty, as he was known. On weekends, when her staff weren't there, she would cook dinner for him.

"Marks and Spencer have got these very clever little meals that you just put the timer on and press the button and it's done for you!" Diana is quoted as telling her therapist, Simone Simmons.

On his birthday, she went out to meet him wearing her best sapphire and diamond earrings, a fur coat and nothing else.

She would also spend the day at his messy one-bedroom apartment in Chelsea, where she would vacuum, do the dishes and iron his shirts.

Her trips to Pakistan with Jemima and Imran Khan were covers to ingratiate herself with his family. She turned up without notice to his family's house in Lahore.
But Hasnat's mother had no intention of letting her son marry anyone other than a Pakistani Muslim girl.

The episode deeply upset Hasnat Khan, who had concluded that Diana, abandoned by her mother when she was six, needed more love than any man could give her.

Diana's dream was that the two of them would become international humanitarians. Diana was delusional about the relationship. She talked to Jemima Khan late at night about how to handle marriage to a traditional Muslim man. She even got her butler, Paul Burrell, to ask a priest if it was possible to get married secretly.

Link:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/entert...089329084.html
and thus evidence for the evil GFSM. it saw with its spoiled appendages and chose to smite here down. Unfortunalty the good GFSM was gettting a back rub and was unable to stop the smiting.

S_87
06-11-2007, 11:37 AM
What an utter load of ...ya know! :giggling:
Peace

lol i agree.

jzcasejz
06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I say it because according to muslims everyone wants to become muslim... Even Michael Jackson converted to Islam according to muslims lol.
^^ Hmm...according to Muslims? I'm Muslim...and I don't even give a crap about this...she's well dead anyways (not being disrespectul btw). Same goes for Wacko Jacko..it's none of my biz.

I think you mean "some Muslims"...not all Muslims.

S£mmi
06-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I heard about that..

Ummu Sufyaan
06-11-2007, 11:54 AM
:sl: yeah i agree with brother jzcasejz^^ think twice b4 you open ya mouth.

England
06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
^^ Hmm...according to Muslims? I'm Muslim...and I don't even give a crap about this...she's well dead anyways (not being disrespectul btw). Same goes for Wacko Jacko..it's none of my biz.

I think you mean "some Muslims"...not all Muslims.

I didn't mention the word "some" nor did I say the word "all." Diana wanting to become muslim is without a doubt nonsense. This has only come up because her fiance was supposedly muslim. From the sound of it her fiance didn't even appear to be devoted to his religion as he had been dating Diana for quite a while and constantly went to nightclubs? :?

BlissfullyJaded
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
:sl:

Ridiculous, but an interesting way to sell a book.

irfan alam
06-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Brothers and sisters in da house check out this website for more of s'ad al ghamdees recitations with English translation. www.qurannow.com.

Kittygyal
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Yo she's dead

Kittygyal
06-11-2007, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by irfan alam
Brothers and sisters in da house check out this website for more of s'ad al ghamdees recitations with English translation. www.qurannow.com.
salamualikum.
Easy now tiger.
Nice but wrong thread go make ya own blud :)
ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.