/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Bush would gain from war on Iran

Ummu Amatullah
08-15-2005, 07:21 PM
President Bush has reminded us that he is prepared to take military action to prevent Iran acquiring nuclear weapons. On Israeli television this weekend, he declared that "all options are on the table" if Tehran doesn't comply with international demands.
In private his officials deride EU and UN diplomacy with Iran. US officials have been preparing pre-emptive war since Bush marked Iran out as a member of the "axis of evil" back in 2002. Once again, this war is likely to have British support.A plausible spin could be that America and Britain must act where the international community has failed, and that their action is the responsible alternative to an Israeli attack. The conventional wisdom is that, even if diplomacy fails, the US is so bogged down in Iraq that it could not take on Iran. However, this misunderstands the capabilities and intentions of the Bush administration.
America's devastating air power is not committed in Iraq. Just 120 B52, B1 and B2 bombers could hit 5,000 targets in a single mission. Thousands of other warplanes and missiles are available. The army and marines are heavily committed in Iraq, but enough forces could be found to secure coastal oilfields and to conduct raids into Iran.

A US attack is unlikely to be confined to the suspected WMD locations or to involve a ground invasion to occupy the country. The strikes would probably be intended to destroy military, political and (oil excepted) economic infrastructure. A disabled Iran could be further paralysed by civil war. Tehran alleges US support for separatists in the large Azeri population of the north-west, and fighting is increasing in Iranian Kurdistan.

The possible negative consequences of an attack on Iran are well known: an increase in terrorism; a Shia rising in Iraq; Hizbullah and Iranian attacks on Israel; attacks on oil facilities along the Gulf and a recession caused by rising oil prices. Advocates of war argue that if Iran is allowed to go nuclear then each of these threats to US and Israeli interests becomes far greater. In this logic, any negative consequence becomes a further reason to attack now - with Iran disabled all these threats can, it is argued, be reduced.

Iraq is proving an electoral liability. This is a threat to the Bush team's intention to retain power for the next decade - perhaps, as the author Bob Woodward says, with President Cheney at the helm. War with Iran next spring can enable them to win the mid-term elections and retain control of the Republican party, now in partial rebellion over Iraq.

The rise in oil prices and subsequent recession are reasons some doubt that an attack would take place. However, Iran's supplies are destined for China - perceived as the US's main long-term rival. And the Bush team are experienced enough to remember that Ronald Reagan rode out the recession of the early 1980s on a wave of rhetoric about "evil empire".

Even if the US went ahead, runs the argument, Britain would not be involved as Tony Blair would not want a rerun of the Iraq controversy. But British forces are already in the area: they border Iran around Basra, and will soon lead the Nato force on Iran's Afghan frontier. The British island of Diego Garcia is a critical US base.

It is hard to see Britain uninvolved in US actions. The prime minister is clearly of a mind to no more countenance Iran's WMD than he did Iraq's. In Iran's case the evidence is more substantial. The Iranians do have a nuclear energy programme and have lied about it. In any event, Blair is probably aware that the US is unlikely to supply him with the prized successor to the Trident submarine if Britain refuses to continue to pay the blood sacrifice of standing with the US. Tory votes might provide sufficient "national unity" to see off Labour dissenters.

New approaches are needed to head off such a dismal scenario. The problem on WMD is that Blair and Bush are doing too little, not too much. Why pick on Iran rather than India, Pakistan, Israel or Egypt - not to mention the west's weapons? In the era of Gorbachev and Reagan, political will created treaties that still successfully control many types of WMD. Revived, they would provide the basis for global controls. Iran must not be dealt with in isolation.

As the Iran debate unfolds, we will no doubt again hear about the joint intelligence committee. We should follow the advice of a former head of the committee, Sir Paul Lever, to remove US intelligence officials from around the JIC table, where they normally sit. Only in this way, argues Lever, can the British take a considered view themselves.

We need to be clear that our MPs have no mandate to support an attack on Iran. During the election campaign, the government dismissed any suggestion that Iran might be attacked as ridiculous scaremongering. If Blair has told Bush that Britain will prevent Iran's nuclear weapons "come what may", we need to be equally clear that nothing short of an election would provide the mandate for an attack.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story...549335,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
08-15-2005, 09:02 PM
"If you hit us on one cheek, we will not offer you our second, we will hit you back harder."
I like that quote - come up with it yourself Hashim?

czgibson
08-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Greetings to all,

I really hope Bush doesn't attack Iran. If he does, I hope Blair doesn't join him. Unfortunately, it doesn't much matter what I think, or what any other member of the public thinks. These politicians will do whatever they want anyway. There were a million of us on the streets of London saying to Blair loud and clear: "Don't Attack Iraq". We could do nothing to prevent it.

Peace

Ummu Amatullah
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings to all,

I really hope Bush doesn't attack Iran. If he does, I hope Blair doesn't join him. Unfortunately, it doesn't much matter what I think, or what any other member of the public thinks. These politicians will do whatever they want anyway. There were a million of us on the streets of London saying to Blair loud and clear: "Don't Attack Iraq". We could do nothing to prevent it.

Peace
Mashallah nice to hear our brothers and sisters in London were speaking out against injustice.Yes,true no matter what they'll never listen,but that doesn't mean that we should give up.Keep on pushing it and inshallah your pleads will be heard :thumbs_up .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
08-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Greetings to all,

Peace
I hear ya. And they call this democracy? Try elective dictatorship.

root
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Chernobyle anybody!

There were a million of us on the streets of London saying to Blair loud and clear: "Don't Attack Iraq". We could do nothing to prevent it.
There were millions that were not.

czgibson
08-16-2005, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
There were millions that were not.
True - still the largest protest in British history though.

Muezzin
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
After the re-election of Mr Blair, I have come to the conclusion that most of our fellow Brits are in fact, idiots. :)

imaad_udeen
08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
:sl:

The US air forces mentioned in the article could do serious damage to Iran if that option comes to the table.

People overreact when they hear Bush makes statements like "all options are on the table."

Of course he is going to use his military might in this issue. It does nothing but weaken the position of the US politically if we take away the massive threat of firepower. This is global politics and in global politics sometimes you have to use hard words, especially in dealing with a corrupt theocracy in Iran.

Iran should not have nuclear weapons. It is in the best interest of the entire world to stop that from happening.
My humble opinion.

:w:

czgibson
08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
After the re-election of Mr Blair, I have come to the conclusion that most of our fellow Brits are in fact, idiots. :)
;D

Don't forget the Americans re-elected Bush, too - that takes a really special form of intelligence....

imaad_udeen
08-16-2005, 04:43 PM

Protests do not, however, make policy.

Muezzin
08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen

The US air forces mentioned in the article could do serious damage to Iran if that option comes to the table.

People overreact when they hear Bush makes statements like "all options are on the table."

Of course he is going to use his military might in this issue. It does nothing but weaken the position of the US politically if we take away the massive threat of firepower. This is global politics and in global politics sometimes you have to use hard words, especially in dealing with a corrupt theocracy in Iran.

Iran should not have nuclear weapons. It is in the best interest of the entire world to stop that from happening.
My humble opinion.

In my humble opinion, no country should have nuclear weapons, but we don't see fullscale invasions of the Big Five (USA, UK, China, India, Pakistan) :p

czgibson
08-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Protests do not, however, make policy.
Correct, but in a democracy the views of the people should be listened to, and it's blatantly obvious that Blair wasn't listening to the vast majority of the British population from as early as Feb 2002, when he gave his commitment to Bush that he would support him, come what may.

Muezzin
08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Correct, but in a democracy the views of the people should be listened to, and it's blatantly obvious that Blair wasn't listening to the vast majority of the British population from as early as Feb 2002, when he gave his commitment to Bush that he would support him, come what may.
We have a word for people behaving like that. 'Bootlicker' is the polite version.

imaad_udeen
08-16-2005, 06:09 PM
In my humble opinion, no country should have nuclear weapons, but we don't see fullscale invasions of the Big Five (USA, UK, China, India, Pakistan) :p
You forgot a bunch. Russia, Ukraine, North Korea, Israel and France, I believe....

Whoever has them now has them. I am all for scaling back the number of nuclear weapons but they will never disappear. The best that we can do now is isolate the nastier regimes who have them (North Korea, namely) and stop anyone else from developing them.

imaad_udeen
08-16-2005, 06:20 PM
How do you know this?

I think Blair sincerely believed that there was a credible threat in Saddam Hussein and that he had been allowed to play his games long enough.

The Americans have certainly carried the massive burden in Iraq and I think that the British people should be proud that their soldiers preformed so bravely and accomplished a great deed in freeing millions from Saddam's tyranny.

Just because the minority Sunni's are upset they lost their grip on power should not overshadow the great evil which was vanquished.

Halima
08-16-2005, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

Akhee if this is your opinion than your own country should disarm their nukes before telling others too. I think america poses a bigger threat to humanity than north korea! Did north klorea drop atomic bombs killing thousands? Did north korea invade and occupy countres? Do they use chemical weapons? Do they abuse prisoners? I think america is the bigger threat, and before they open their mouth to other counries they must disarm themselves!

North Korea is still not giving up their nukes. U.S had to have negotiations with them over 5x and they are still shaking their heads no.

czgibson
08-16-2005, 08:02 PM
How do you know this?
Because I read the news.

Some say Blair agreed to support Bush in Feb 2002, some say a bit later. Here's an article that suggests Blair's diplomats were assuring his unwavering support in March 2002, and that Blair himself may have committed Britain to the cause in April 2002:

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m10038&l=i&size=1&hd=0

imaad_udeen
08-17-2005, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
when north Korea has nukes as their weapons it could take like 5 seconds to kill everyone.
There is a difference between having one or two nuclear weapons and having a nuclear arsenal capable of destroying the world.

Only two countries have enough nukes to achieve that kind of destruction, these are the UNited States and Russia.

Now, imagine a regime as crooked and evil as North Korea with the capabilty to wipe out the entire planet. It would give a new meaning to the term nuclear blackmail.

Nevertheless, I think that's stupid, pitiful, and domineering because no country can tell the other country what to do, but I guess that's Bush's way of propoganda.
Of course countries can try to tell other countries what to do.

It all depends on who has the strongest hand. This is how international power politics works. Its all about power. The reason the US pretty much runs things is because the US has a huge advantage over the entire world when it comes to this power and the means to deploy and use it.

Your naive views on North Korea show just how ignorant you are of the situation. I am sure you are a bright person, but in this instance I think you are speaking out of your rear-end and you should probably research the situation a little deeper before you form opinions.

Ummu Amatullah
08-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I totally disagree
Asallama Alaikum brother I don't expect you to agree with me because every one has different opinions.You can disagree all you want please just do so in a islamic manner.
Witness today's suicide car bomb attacks on a bus station and hospital, killing at least 45 innocnt Iraqis
That's what you only hear from the American media.They never tell the other side of the story.I atleast can see where both sides are coming from while you on the other hand just follow the American media and are blind about the situation.*No Offense*
You have no idea what you are talking about and should do more to be informed before you make statements like this.
Brother i'm well aware of what i'm talking about and know enough to make statements such as what I previously said.

aamirsaab
08-17-2005, 07:33 PM
The UK media is different from the USA media.

Ummu Amatullah
08-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I don't think you know what carpet bombing is, my friend
Asallama Alaikum brother Imaad what I find funny about you is how you tell other members what they know and what they don't know.It doesn't matter if they carpet bombed Fallujah or not.It still resulted in innocent civilians dying.
What is evil are the carbomber who massacre children and women at hospitals, bus stations, anywhere in Iraq simply to cause chaos.
Brother I don't think you can say that with a straight face.Are you honestly saying that the American troops are not guilty of this indecency?Please do research on what goes on in Iraq and don't just take it from the American media.The Mujahideen don't fight just to create chaos.They are fighting for their people,land,religion,and freedom.What are the American troops fighting for?Most of them don't even want to fight they have to because they got drafted.
If the US was a brutal as you claim, we would be discussing MILLIONS of dead Iraqis.
Brother you don't get it do you?It doesn't matter if 10 people or millions die.If one person dies it's like the whole of mankind died if one life is saved it's like you saved the whole of mankind.Look at the polls it said that they were about 82,000-100,000 Iraqi civilians dead.What does that tell you?
The main killer of Iraqis these days seems to be the terrorists, doing it in the name of our God, which is te worst crime.
No brother it's not the Mujahideen it's the enemies of Islam.Whether it be U.S or the U.N.They will stop at nothing to destroy Muhammad's Ummah.Even if it means killing innocent civilians.

Muezzin
08-17-2005, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Asallama Alaikum brother Imaad what I find funny about you is how you tell other members what they know and what they don't know.It doesn't matter if they carpet bombed Fallujah or not.It still resulted in innocent civilians dying.
That it did. One of the reasons I opposed the war in the first place was the inevitable loss of innocent life.

Brother I don't think you can say that with a straight face.Are you honestly saying that the American troops are not guilty of this indecency?Please do research on what goes on in Iraq and don't just take it from the American media.The Mujahideen don't fight just to create chaos.They are fighting for their people,land,religion,and freedom.
That's all well and good until certain groups start breaking Islamic laws of war in order to fight for their land, religion and freedom.

What are the American troops fighting for?Most of them don't even want to fight they have to because they got drafted.
That's a tragedy in itself.

No brother it's not the Mujahideen it's the enemies of Islam.Whether it be U.S or the U.N.They will stop at nothing to destroy Muhammad's Ummah.Even if it means killing innocent civilians.
Nah. They're more interested in the buying and selling of oil than the death of Islam.

Ummu Amatullah
08-18-2005, 01:15 AM
Nah. They're more interested in the buying and selling of oil than the death of Islam.
Asallama Alaikum brother really do hope that was the case,but I rarely doubt it is.

imaad_udeen
08-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Carpet Bombing refers to a specific tactic. If we are going to use these phrases to describe something then lets make sure we are using them correctly. In this case Hashim was not using it correctly because the US has not carpet bombed any Iraqi cities. Hashim is using these words for the emotional weight attached to them and the images of Dresden and Grozny, etc. You would be hard pressed to find such images in this war.

Brother I don't think you can say that with a straight face.Are you honestly saying that the American troops are not guilty of this indecency?Please do research on what goes on in Iraq and don't just take it from the American media.The Mujahideen don't fight just to create chaos.They are fighting for their people,land,religion,and freedom.What are the American troops fighting for?Most of them don't even want to fight they have to because they got drafted.
Drafted? You just lost any ounce of credibility you may have had.

The US armed forces are made up of all volunteers. There has not been a draft in over 30 years.

Anyways, if the 'mujahideen' are fighting for the people then why do they have no problems killing so many of them with their carbombs?

If they are fighting for Islam then why are they breaking its basic rules to persecute their war?

They will stop at nothing to destroy Muhammad's Ummah.Even if it means killing innocent civilians.
If they will "stop at nothing" then how come they just don't nuke the worthless Muslim countries (ones without oil) and pound the Arab oil countries into submission?

You seriously are out of your league.

Muezzin
08-18-2005, 07:07 PM

Brother Muezzihn how are the iraqi mujahideen breaching islamic rules of warfare.fighting, please elaborate.

I was referring to suicide bombing/martydom operations. I know how that is a point of contension in these forums, so I didn't want to mention it by name in order to avoid any off-topic arguments. :)

Ummu Amatullah
08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Drafted? You just lost any ounce of credibility you may have had.

The US armed forces are made up of all volunteers. There has not been a draft in over 30 years.
Brother can you please give me any proof for your statement?My proof would be some people I know.For ex.neighbor,friends brother,and uncle.They all didn't want to go,but they had to because of the gov.

Anyways, if the 'mujahideen' are fighting for the people then why do they have no problems killing so many of them with their carbombs?

If they are fighting for Islam then why are they breaking its basic rules to persecute their war?
If America is fighting for the freedom of Iraq then why do they feel it's okay to kill children and blow up their homes?No actually the mujahideen aren't.

come they just don't nuke the worthless Muslim countries (ones without oil) and pound the Arab oil countries into submission?

You seriously are out of your league.

If they will "stop at nothing" then how
Do you even know anything about the Arab countries.They are trying to but aren't able to.

imaad_udeen
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Brother can you please give me any proof for your statement?My proof would be some people I know.For ex.neighbor,friends brother,and uncle.They all didn't want to go,but they had to because of the gov.
They volunteered to join the armed forces, no one has been forced too.

Once you join the armed forces, part of the deal is that you might be sent to a combat zone. Whether you want to go or not is not the issue.

My proof is that there has not been a draft in the United States since the Vietnam era. SHould be easy for you to find.

If America is fighting for the freedom of Iraq then why do they feel it's okay to kill children and blow up their homes?No actually the mujahideen aren't.
No one in the US armed forces thinks it's 'okay' to kill children and when it happens it is a tragic accident or they are attempting to attack the insurgents and children and other innocewnt people get caught in the crossfire.

The insurgents of Fallujah used the disgusting tactic of hiding behind civilians and firing from civil occupied buildings.

Do you even know anything about the Arab countries.They are trying to but aren't able to.
That still doesnt qualify your statement. You said the west would "stop at nothing" to destroy Muslims and that statement has not been proven by yourself. Back your statements up please.

imaad_udeen
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
:sl: Hashim,
I defend my fellow Muslims as well. I dont consider one a Muslim when he is so willing to murder innocent people in Allah's name.

3) Concerning the car bombings, you have yet proved to me that these bombings are commited by the muslims. When you do i will answer this aswell if Allaah (swt) wills.

;D ;D

Sure, I am sure they were Jews...

Far7an
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Assalamu alaikum
That still doesnt qualify your statement. You said the west would "stop at nothing" to destroy Muslims and that statement has not been proven by yourself. Back your statements up please.
Congressman Suggests Bombing Islamic Holy Sites as Response to Terror (Colorado, Florida)

I dont hate Americans, but just thought I would bring this to your attention InshaAllah.

Far7an
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I have noticed as I have been reading these posts, that we are making Differentiations by labellings members as "American muslim"...

I would like to remind you of the following rule InshaAllah ...

11. No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159: Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

I know, no sectarian issues were discussed, but placing these labels on others, does not aid in Uniting the Ummah.

In regards to the events that occur in Iraq (car bombings etc.) If we have no solid evidence as to who the commited the crimes, it would be best to refrain from accusations.

No one in the US armed forces thinks it's 'okay' to kill children and when it happens it is a tragic accident or they are attempting to attack the insurgents and children and other innocewnt people get caught in the crossfire.
I dont agree, we do not know of the intentions of each soldier..

So to say "No one in the US armeds forces" acts this way, is wrong on your part...

Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things)." (Luqman 31:34)

barakallahu feekum

imaad_udeen
08-19-2005, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

Congressman Suggests Bombing Islamic Holy Sites as Response to Terror (Colorado, Florida)

I dont hate Americans, but just thought I would bring this to your attention InshaAllah.
Yea, seen that before. The opinion of one congressman among over a hundred convinces me of nothing.

How many Muslim Clerics have called for the destruction of the US?

Does that mean that all Muslims will stop at nothing to destroy America?

imaad_udeen
08-19-2005, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

I have noticed as I have been reading these posts, that we are making Differentiations by labellings members as "American muslim"...

I would like to remind you of the following rule InshaAllah ...

11. No sectarian issues allowed. We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159: Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

I know, no sectarian issues were discussed, but placing these labels on others, does not aid in Uniting the Ummah.

In regards to the events that occur in Iraq (car bombings etc.) If we have no solid evidence as to who the commited the crimes, it would be best to refrain from accusations.

I dont agree, we do not know of the intentions of each soldier..

So to say "No one in the US armeds forces" acts this way, is wrong on your part...

Verily, Allah is All-Knower, All-Aware (of things)." (Luqman 31:34)

barakallahu feekum

Indeed, but I do not believe that this is the general sentiment of American troops.

Sure, there are a few bad apples in every bunch, no matter nationality or religion or race.

Halima
08-20-2005, 01:25 PM

This occupation has failed the kuffaar are defeated, more than 60 US troops have been killed in Iraq this month alone. Even check your western zionist media sources, they will admit this.They can take their 'sentiments' out of iraq, they are not welcome!

More and more people are dying every month and there is no recognition. The only recognition they have is to change the damn government.

Ummu Amatullah
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM
The opinion of one congressman among over a hundred convinces me of nothing.
Asallama Alaikum if that doesn't convince you then what does?Brother would you please stop with the insults.It's enough muslim's get that from the media we surely don't need it from one of our fellow brothers.

imaad_udeen
08-20-2005, 07:35 PM

This occupation has failed the kuffaar are defeated, more than 60 US troops have been killed in Iraq this month alone. Even check your western zionist media sources, they will admit this.They can take their 'sentiments' out of iraq, they are not welcome!

If they been defeated then how come they are still there?

How come your reistence fighters flee when the US shows up somewhere in force?

imaad_udeen
08-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Asallama Alaikum if that doesn't convince you then what does?Brother would you please stop with the insults.It's enough muslim's get that from the media we surely don't need it from one of our fellow brothers.
I have insulted no-one.

And no, the words of one congressman does not convnce me of anything other than that sole congressman is a nut and has no idea what he is actually talking about.

root
08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
More and more people are dying every month and there is no recognition. The only recognition they have is to change the damn government.
That is exactly the aims of the minority terrorist groups. Getting rid of the majority elected Government is the only hope that the minority group have as a chance to regain power.

What is Ironic is that the very minority muslim groups who are currently slaughtering fellow Muslims by mass "claim" to be resistence fighters. What they actually resist is the majority led elected new Government........

Muezzin
08-21-2005, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
That is exactly the aims of the minority terrorist groups. Getting rid of the majority elected Government is the only hope that the minority group have as a chance to regain power.

What is Ironic is that the very minority muslim groups who are currently slaughtering fellow Muslims by mass "claim" to be resistence fighters. What they actually resist is the majority led elected new Government........
Just a quick question, does anyone know how many Iraqis were actually enfranchised (entitled to vote)?

minaz
08-21-2005, 07:13 PM
all, they all had the chance to register

root
08-22-2005, 12:58 PM
If you have something to say about the holy warriors of islaam (mujahideen) just say it, they are not cowards, the infidel troops of the US are the cowards. More than 60 of their american troops have beebn killed this month, and that is the figure relesed by the western media, so that means that really 80 or 90 have been killed this month! They are defeated, they are fleeing from every city and no matter how many reinforcments the more they will be struck down! You are calling the resistance fighters cowards, i can prove to you they are not, anf then i will prove to you how the americans are cowards! The resistance freedom fighters are not cowards, because they are performing the beautiful act of jihaad, and risking their life to rid the great shaytaan from the islamic land! My proof they are not cowards, because with small weapons( ak-47/RPG/explisves-bombs/small arms) they are fighting a super power with tanks heavy equipments, helicopters/jet fighters everything, that is how they are not cowards. And my proof that the americans ARE cowards, well, ask a american troop to step foot in a city won back by the mujahideen, like Fallujah, Ramadi, Mosul, Al Qa'im, Hit, most of an anbar province and other land, tell the americans to step foot in this land won back by the iraqi fighters, they wouldnt dare, why, becuase they are cowards. So dont imply that the mujahideen are cowards, becuase they are fighting a superpower army, with their passion of islaam in their heart and whateverf weapons they have. Allaah knows best.
Are you sure you are not "Comical-Ally" Iraq's former press spokesmen. You sure sound like him.........

imaad_udeen
08-22-2005, 03:28 PM

If you have something to say about the holy warriors of islaam (mujahideen) just say it, they are not cowards, the infidel troops of the US are the cowards. More than 60 of their american troops have beebn killed this month, and that is the figure relesed by the western media, so that means that really 80 or 90 have been killed this month!
I have said many things about them. They are not Holy Warriors of Islam, they do not fight like warriors. They slaughter scores of women and children just to kill one American. They kidnap people and cut off their heads as they lay bound and helpless all while yelling God is Greater, which is blasphemy to me. They play judge, jury and executioner when they kidnap politicians and brutally gun them down on a street corner. I can go on about the endless atrocities these people commit, but talking to you about your holy warriors is like talking to a brick wall.

They are defeated, they are fleeing from every city and no matter how many reinforcments the more they will be struck down!
Slowly step away from the crack pipe....

You are calling the resistance fighters cowards, i can prove to you they are not, anf then i will prove to you how the americans are cowards! The resistance freedom fighters are not cowards, because they are performing the beautiful act of jihaad, and risking their life to rid the great shaytaan from the islamic land! My proof they are not cowards, because with small weapons( ak-47/RPG/explisves-bombs/small arms) they are fighting a super power with tanks heavy equipments, helicopters/jet fighters everything, that is how they are not cowards.
Their choice to fight and to die for nothing because they will lose in the end. They are killing the same people they claim to be fighting for and they don't care.

And my proof that the americans ARE cowards, well, ask a american troop to step foot in a city won back by the mujahideen, like Fallujah, Ramadi, Mosul, Al Qa'im, Hit, most of an anbar province and other land, tell the americans to step foot in this land won back by the iraqi fighters, they wouldnt dare, why, becuase they are cowards.
What happened when they went back into Fallujah? The Americans walked right in and captured the entire city in a two day campaign, killing somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 insurgents while the leaders like al-Zarqawi ran away because they are cowards.

So dont imply that the mujahideen are cowards, becuase they are fighting a superpower army, with their passion of islaam in their heart and whateverf weapons they have. Allaah knows best.
I will continue to imply because I think it is the truth.

minaz
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
I have said many things about them. They are not Holy Warriors of Islam, they do not fight like warriors. They slaughter scores of women and children just to kill one American. They kidnap people and cut off their heads as they lay bound and helpless all while yelling God is Greater, which is blasphemy to me. They play judge, jury and executioner when they kidnap politicians and brutally gun them down on a street corner. I can go on about the endless atrocities these people commit, but talking to you about your holy warriors is like talking to a brick wall.
Well said bro, well said :thumbs_up

Labaik Ya Allah
08-23-2005, 02:12 AM

all i can say is bush decides to start a war with iran he will get cruched in a matter of days

;D ;D ;D ;D

minaz
08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Just a note Hashim - please look at your use of language:
we do not have a army or precison aim weapons......we can see this month more than 60 US troops.....
It comes across as you are part of the insurgents, it's one choice if they wanna but it aint safe to portray this online - for your safety

fard ayn jihaad
I don't know the meaning of this word, but does it imply an obligatory jihaad (i.e. like 5 prayers does one have to take part?)

aamirsaab
08-23-2005, 06:38 PM
The only thing Bush will gain out of Iran is a hell-load of bullets shot into his soldiers and a backlash from people round the globe.

czgibson
08-23-2005, 07:12 PM
Greetings everyone,

There would certainly be a backlash around the world - I for one would strongly oppose an invasion of Iran - but I think it's a bit naive to think that US firepower can be defeated by anyone.

Peace - what we all want.

aamirsaab
08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi there czgibson. Firstly, my comment was not meant to be naive - the american army is powerful, no doubt. However, what I meant was Bush shouldn't expect an "easy ride" - he's sending many of what little troops he has into another country. Bare in mind that the majority of the American forces are already spread out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Strategically, invading Iran is not a wise decision at this moment.

czgibson
08-23-2005, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Hi there czgibson. Firstly, my comment was not meant to be naive - the american army is powerful, no doubt. However, what I meant was Bush shouldn't expect an "easy ride" - he's sending many of what little troops he has into another country. Bare in mind that the majority of the American forces are already spread out in Afghanistan and Iraq. Strategically, invading Iran is not a wise decision at this moment.
Hi aamirsaab,

First of all, no-one ever makes a comment that is meant to be naive, unless they are making a joke or something like that. Secondly, I absolutely agree that an invasion of Iran would not be an easy ride - the current situation in Iraq proves that. Your point about the US forces being spread out is totally right as well. However, there is no getting away from the fact that America is the most powerful country in the world, in terms of military and economic strength. At the moment, whatever America decides to do, will be done (unfortunately).

Peace

Ummu Amatullah
08-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi aamirsaab,

First of all, no-one ever makes a comment that is meant to be naive, unless they are making a joke or something like that. Secondly, I absolutely agree that an invasion of Iran would not be an easy ride - the current situation in Iraq proves that. Your point about the US forces being spread out is totally right as well. However, there is no getting away from the fact that America is the most powerful country in the world, in terms of military and economic strength. At the moment, whatever America decides to do, will be done (unfortunately).

Peace
Yes,true brother,but no one ever said it would be successful at doing what they are aiming for or what they aimed for.*Not saying you said it*

imaad_udeen
08-24-2005, 01:26 AM

2) Step back from the crack pipe, what was the point of this little personal crack, i have not insulted you so why are you insulting me? We may be discussing contrasting views, but that does mean we ignore the islamic etiqette of discussing, we are muslim brothers, not enemies!
"Step away from the crackpipe" is an American saying. You sayit to someone who is talking non-sense, which is exactly what you were saying. It is not to imply that you are literally 'smoking crack' and if you took it that way, then I am sorry.

4) Your next point is incorrect aswell, it is true that the mujahideen did lose the city to th invaders following their mass offense, but again the mujahideen won back the city and it is back under the mujahideen's liberation, i forwarded the statement by the resistance commander here on this forum i belive, safe to say fallujah remains a stronghold for the mujahideen, and no US troops would dare to go there.
I'm guessing you are probably a very young and impressionable person.

Hashim, it has been proven to myself that your bias and lack of perspective gives away your lack of understanding for the dynamics of the war in Iraq. No-one is going to believe the crap you write because, according to you, everything bad that happens is the fault of the Americans or the Jews or the Apostates.

You consistently fail to acknowledge many of the atrocities committed by the terrorists in Iraq. You call al_Zarqawi a "Sheik" showing how much you honor him. This man who ruthlessly saws the heads off of totally defenseless non-combatants. Either that or you tell us it was really the Americans.

Your support of these murderers makes you nearly as bad as they are. Remember that Allah is Compassionate and maybe you should be, too.

There is no compassion in murder.

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Thread closed for moderating.

EDIT: This thread is going to be re-opened, but ONLY for a discussion on the original topic, the title of the thread. I had to spend much time filtering this thread and removing personal insults and attacks that have no place on this forum and are denounced by Islam.

Bans will be used more frequently if this behaviour persists. Temporary bans have already been issued.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING OTHER MEMBERS. Having had to go through all the posts on this thread and edit them, I know who was guilty of what and who deserves to be placed on ban. No further discussions on this issue will be entertained.

Lastly, read my signature and evaluate your own behaviour....

abdul Majid
03-13-2006, 02:20 AM
This Is A Strategis Plan To Invade Iran ......

Thats Why They Took Avghanastan On The Right Side....
And Iraq On The Left...

AND In The Middle Is IraN...

This Was Planned And They Use Terrorism As An Excuse...they Said Saddam Had Weapons?? They Lied But Justify It With "their Terrorists Overthere"...THE US HAD HELPED IRAQ BEFORE AND GAVE THEM WEAPONS!!!

Look At A Map And See... And Plus Iran Is No.2 In Oil....THE US GAVE IRAN A 200 MILLION DOLLAR GRANT ONCE...AND SO ON.....NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY WILL TRY THE WILL NEVER SUCCED IN TRYING TO CHANGE THAT REGION OF THE WORLD AND WILL NEVER PUT OUT THE LIGHT OF ISLAM......

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
This Was Planned And They Use Terrorism As An Excuse...THE US HAD HELPED IRAQ BEFORE AND GAVE THEM WEAPONS!!!

The U.S. sold weapons to Iran , also. What is your point ?

And Plus Iran Is No.2 In Oil....THE US GAVE IRAN A 200 MILLION DOLLAR GRANT ONCE...AND SO ON.....NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY WILL TRY THE WILL NEVER SUCCED IN TRYING TO CHANGE THAT REGION OF THE WORLD AND WILL NEVER PUT OUT THE LIGHT OF ISLAM......

When has the U.S. stolen oil ? ( if that is what you're implying.)
Next to Israel, the largest recipient of U.S. aid is Egypt. So what is your point about the grant ? You're all over the place on this one, dude. And you CONTRADICT yourself a lot.

abdul Majid
03-13-2006, 02:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bangalore bob
When has the U.S. stolen oil ? ( if that is what you're implying.)
Next to Israel, the largest recipient of U.S. aid is Egypt. So what is your point about the grant ? You're all over the place on this one, dude. And you CONTRADICT yourself a lot.

LISTEN BOBBY

IM IMPLIING THAT THE US AIDED IRAQ AND IRAN BEFORE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE, LIKE THE SNAKES THAT THEY ARE......
AND YEA THEY STOLE OIL....US DEPENDS ON THAT REGION FOR MOST OF ITS OIL....SO THEY START WARS TO CONTROL THE RESOURCES...DUHHHH

bangalore bob
03-13-2006, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid
LISTEN BOBBY
IM IMPLIING THAT THE US AIDED IRAQ AND IRAN BEFORE TO THEIR ADVANTAGE, LIKE THE SNAKES THAT THEY ARE......
AND YEA THEY STOLE OIL....US DEPENDS ON THAT REGION FOR MOST OF ITS OIL....SO THEY START WARS TO CONTROL THE RESOURCES...DUHHHH

My Mom calls me Bobby.That's funny. Who doesn't do things to their advantage ? They took the stuff because it was to THEIR advantage, so I guess they are snakes, too. If we steal oil, how come we pay $60 a barrel for it ? A terrible theif PAYS for what he steals.How is it possible for the U.S. to control so much ? I'll tell you. While the Muslim world is prancing around in the streets chanting their stupid slogans, the people of the U.S. are busy WORKING !!! Earning a living, building a strong country. So you guys keep up the good work. Jump around and chant a little for me. The Muslim world is doing just fine. :giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.