/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

AnonymousPoster
06-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I just wanted to ask that is drinking from a wine glass regarded as imitating the disbelivers, as i know that some resteaurants in Saudi allowe it?

Jazakallah Khair in advance

Assalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HBot 5000
06-11-2007, 08:24 AM
TBH a glass is a glass. If i was to pick up a glass from my kitchen and pour wine into it, would that make it into a wine glass? or would the glass have to me shaped in a particular fashion to make it a wine glass?

Maybe the question should be: Is it haraam to drink out of a glass when wine has been poured into it?

north_malaysian
06-11-2007, 08:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HBot 5000
Maybe the question should be: Is it haraam to drink out of a glass when wine has been poured into it?
Good question...

DAWUD_adnan
06-11-2007, 11:00 AM
i would just leave it( well actually throw it away) as long as i have other glasses

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
iwuvaziaf
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
Assalamu Alaikum

I just wanted to ask that is drinking from a wine glass regarded as imitating the disbelivers, as i know that some resteaurants in Saudi allowe it?

Jazakallah Khair in advance

Assalamu Alaikum
i cant see why it is wrong.. it has no pictures on it and it doesnt represent anything.. if they choose to use that particular shape for drinking wine.. thats them..

but like HBot said.. a glass is a glass.. unless wine has been poured into it.. something we have to be careful of when eating out in a restaurant as ones that serves alcohol..

We have a local turkish place and its new and their food is so yummy and they dont sell wine.. so i noticed that i said to the owner "wow! thats really cool!" she said, i know but the customers just bring their own wine and i have to wash the glass anyway.. we might start selling it.. and this was a practicising sister.. may Allah guide her and make her choose the better option inshaAllah.. (its not just turkish places which do this, but in this scenario there was a turkish restaurant involved)

They dont sell wine but their glasses have had wine poured into them.. hmm.. best to take disposable cups wid u, eh?

hmm.. maybe we should ask a scholar..

Allah knows best..!

wsalamaleykum

vpb
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
:sl:

guys paste fatwa's from scholars, instead of coming up with your own conclusions.

anonymous
06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazakallah Khair for all the help :)

Assalamu Alaikum

syilla
06-12-2007, 02:49 AM
:salamext:

erm...what a glass wine look like? :hiding:

snakelegs
06-12-2007, 03:57 AM
here's what wine glasses look like.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.