/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Traverse the curse

Dagless
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
:sl:

Now I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I have not got an answer from what I have read.

My question is this:

Is it possible for a non-magician to curse someone?

Recently an annoying member of my family said something to another member of my family, but said it with a lot of spite and malice in their voice. They said "maybe someone will put a curse on you". It wasn't said in english though, but in urdu/punjabi (we call it "budwa" and roughly translated it means curse). Anyway it got me thinking...

As far as I was aware only magicians could put curses on people. I've heard you gotta do some pretty freaky stuff to become a magician and since I've seen this person pray I doubt they would engage in this.

I realise the evil eye/jealousy can be given by anyone accidently or otherwise, but reading surah's and asking Allah for help is sufficient for avoiding these bad things.

If someone could explain this topic, ie. if a non-magician can or cannot, and also how to avoid/protect/cure oneself against such things I would be grateful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
06-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Salamualikum

Please can you tell me where it says magician are allowed? as far as i know ONLY allah subhwnatallah can.

You know it's good thing to curse another person even though if it's your WORST enemy.

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

Someone else can get back to you inshallah.

M,a'assalama

Dagless
06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Please can you tell me where it says magician are allowed? as far as i know ONLY allah subhwnatallah can.
I never said it was allowed. In fact magic of any kind is not allowed. I only said it was possible.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
You know it's good thing to curse another person even though if it's your WORST enemy.
I take it you mean not a good thing.

Dagless
06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Shameless bump.
Surely someone has something constructive to say on the subject?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
06-19-2007, 11:06 AM
:sl:

nobody can cause harm or benifit to us except with the permission of Allah. So not even the magicians can do anything (harm you) without the permission of Allah az.

.:Umniyah:.
06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
ah, i just took a lesson on something like this.

We have to be careful how we use words . Even if it may seem minor.

I believe brother ferown , what kittaygal and VPB are trying to say is only Allah gives the premissoin for things to happen.

and on the flip side i believe what brother ferown is trying to say is, WITH Allahs allowing , these magicians can ATTEMPT to curse someone, or whatever else they do.

So bro F , for future references, try to be careful how you word things because for example in my lesson right, Shaykh Ibn uthaimeen explained in his explaination of kitaab at tawheed, about how people tell the seasons and stuff from the positions of stars and what not, he said that it isnt befitting for a person to say " this and that season CAUSES it to rain" but rather say Allah is the one who causes it to rain, and we can observe that when we see , for example dark clouds that this can be a warning that its about to rain.

SubhanAllah im bad at explaining stuff over the computer, so i hope you understand what i mean, and it wasnt too complicated.

So yeah, for the sake of your own self just be clear, because sometimes the small way of wording a sentence can mean something entriely different than how you meant it.

Wa Allahu 3lim

and as for your question, sorry but i dont know. Evil eye is easy to put on someone tho. And you should be careful what you say to a person in general just because a muslim should always speak good or remain silent. But as for the actual answer, im afriad i dont know.

Dagless
06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Ahh, I think I understand now. Many thanks Umniyah, vpb, and kitty for your replies. This has helped me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.