PDA

View Full Version : Job interviews....



Maidah
06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
i was wondering if any of you have had a problem finiding a job or being rejecetd from a job because of your religion?

i recenlty started practicing which meant the putting on of scarfe as well, and one thing i noticed which never happend to me before wearing the scarfe is that when you tend to go for interviews and trainings ppl tend to look at you as if you don't belong there, and most of the time you can accurately assume that you didn't get the job, despite the qualifications and falling 100%on the requiremnets. Maybe it's all in my mind and rizq is from Allah, but what do you do with the ignorant employees that seem to think that the scarfe or the islamic clothing will limit you from doing your job properly? :?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
00:00
06-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Yh it happens,happened to me. but you be patient and stay strong.

listen to this .

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2d5yoj
Reply

Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Im not an employeer, but If I was, I would not hire a muslim no.

People dont like islam, the world is unfair.
Reply

Star
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Im not an employeer, but If I was, I would not hire a muslim no.

People dont like islam, the world is unfair.
the world maybe unfair, doesn't mean you must be to.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
00:00
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Im not an employeer, but If I was, I would not hire a muslim no.

People dont like islam, the world is unfair.
Im not an employer, but if i was. I would not hire an agnostic no.

People dont like Agnostics, the world is unfair.
Reply

Abdul Fattah
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Well I have a beard and wear this cap on my head. Even when soliciting for a job. In the end I cannot say if I was ever rejected based on it. I can't read people's minds. But it's not impossible to get a job like that.

Originally Posted by Sinbad
Im not an employeer, but If I was, I would not hire a muslim no.

People dont like islam, the world is unfair.
Just because the world is unfair, doesn't justify you discriminating people. Although I must say I admire your courage for coming here and admitting that.
Reply

vpb
06-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Yh it happens,happened to me. but you be patient and stay strong.

listen to this .

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2d5yoj
does this lecturer have any website? where he keeps his lectrues? I have some tracks, they are just demos, but I wanted his lectures, full ones.
Reply

00:00
06-12-2007, 07:39 PM
He did, but it's down. I cant find the link for it now.

There aren't many of his lecture's around, quite rare. I got all the ones that are available on the net. A brother uploaded all his lectures here.

www.islamictorrents.net

Also check in the multimedia section, quite few of his talks been uploaded.
Reply

Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Just because the world is unfair, doesn't justify you discriminating people. Although I must say I admire your courage for coming here and admitting that.
Its not good to lie, you should always bee honest and frank. I hate muslims I admitt it and I can tell it to a muslims in person instead of pretending and then sign a petition to close down a mosque.
Reply

vpb
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
^^
what is his full name?
Reply

00:00
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Anyone can change

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xhx79s


Reality

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vu5f84
Reply

00:00
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
what is his full name?
Imam Abdul Malik
Reply

00:00
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I hate muslims I admitt it and I can tell it to a muslims in person instead of pretending and then sign a petition to close down a mosque.
:raging: :raging:

If you hate Muslims than what are you doing on this forum?
Reply

Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by vpb
^^
what is his full name?
haha :D
Reply

seeker_of_ilm
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Its not good to lie, you should always bee honest and frank. I hate muslims I admitt it and I can tell it to a muslims in person instead of pretending and then sign a petition to close down a mosque.

I love you too.
Reply

Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by 00:00
:raging: :raging:

If you hate muslims than what are you doing on this forum? get lost.
Cause of the islamic republic of Iran.

Im here to learn,
Reply

vpb
06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpb
^^
what is his full name?

what?
Reply

00:00
06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
what?
?:?
Reply

vpb
06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I was refering to

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpb
^^
what is his full name?
haha
Reply

AnonymousPoster
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sinbad
haha :D
He wasn't asking for your name :rollseyes, like who would want that? +o(:X He was asking for the lecturers name.
Reply

Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM
haha :D , I was afraid he would behead me or something, okay Im realy racist!:D
Reply

vpb
06-12-2007, 08:00 PM
00:00,

is he this one?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19334158514765
Reply

00:00
06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
haha , I was afraid he would behead me or something, okay Im realy racist!
Your an idiot.

is he this one?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19334158514765
__________________
yes vpb that him.
Reply

Muezzin
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Im not an employeer, but If I was, I would not hire a muslim no.

People dont like islam, the world is unfair.
Then I'm glad you're not an employer.
Reply

Gangster No.1
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by 00:00
:raging: :raging:

If you hate Muslims than what are you doing on this forum?


Hey who hates muslims, who said that?

and yes i fink it would be hard for a sis to get a job whilst she is wearing a hijab, becuz there first impression would be, 'oh nomuslim, head scarf, oh no, rather have david''. lol

Becuz islam is streotyped nowdays especially becus of the media, and publicity that islam and muslims who are across the world sum how, feel threatend, also muslims are thought 2 be terrorsits!

its a fact nearly 80% of kafr think muslims-terror-islam- and it is wrong for them 2 think that it makes it hard for a muslim to gain stabilty in life, by who they are, inshlah allah will help.
Reply

eyeofthestorm
06-13-2007, 10:34 PM
sis, tell me about it, i actually did this like test i went with a fried who doesnt wear de scarf to give out c.vs tld her 2 go in first nearly all de stores took hers den i wnt in (bear in mind i was wearing acrf n jilabab) n all i gt ws a strange look and a cold NOOO.
Reply

vpb
06-13-2007, 10:59 PM
I recommend to listen to,


Originally Posted by 00:00
Yh it happens,happened to me. but you be patient and stay strong.

listen to this .

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2d5yoj
Reply

Maidah
06-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Cause of the islamic republic of Iran.

Im here to learn,

Well i assume you're here to learn about islam. In that case you best put aside your point of view for a while to clear out your mind for the new info. If you keep this opinion in your mind that you don't like islam whlist trying to learn about it, you wont be able to appreciate the truth and facts for what they are.
Reply

جوري
06-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Sister, I am very disturbed to hear of your ordeal, I believe you should find a job through an agency, many people do that, most companies and hospitals are equal opportunity employer, there is no discrimination based on age, sex, or religion. If you feel you have been unjustly eliminated from a job you are qualified for, then I suggest you hire a lawyer, you wouldn't be the first. I am not sure what your field of studies was, but I know many covered up working sisters in health care, engineering, teaching and computer programming.

Insha'Allah you'll find a job that is suitable for you ukhty and where you will feel comfortable... just try to close in an interview strongly.. what I mean is:
ask the employer a few questions, just as they ask you...
if they offer take the opportunity, if they don't, then ask, say "I have a few questions about your company if I may?"
and be very assertive.
ask
1- did I meet with the qualification of the job? if no, then why not?
2- what is it that you are looking for in your employee as far as this position is concerned?
3- and this is very important " Are you an equal opportunity employer" this is basically cornering him or her-- there is no easy way for him or her to get out of that question.. they either answer no in which case you have a suit against them as this goes against what is lawful
or they say sure we are, then you ask, what are your objections handing me this position?
just compose your list before hand, take a paper and pen with you, look attentive and show interest as well as ask them questions the way they do you... they hire people because they need help, not because they want to hand money out... you have something to offer them as they have something to offer you
GodSpeed ukhty
I wish you the very best insha'Allah
:w:
Reply

habiibti
06-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Last i was looking for a job,and someone i knew told me there was a post open where she worked.when i went there,da owner saw ma resume ineterviewed me.And in da last minute asked me if i was gonna be wearing da hijab i said yes of cause.he goes " oh ok,i will call u" i think he thought i was dressed like that as a fashion statement or something.
i knew he wont call me.And he never did.It wasnt da first one either.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 05:59 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 12:19 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 07:58 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 01:14 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!