/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Sad..

.: Jannati :.
06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I know someone, she's very close to me.. Well she's always feeling 'sad' but she doesn't know why...ok maybe she does but she doesn't know why its affecting her. How can she find a way to eliminate this sadness when all she does is think about what makes her feel sad???

solutions? tips? anything?

Jazaak Allahu Khayran...

WaSsalaamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Salamualikum.
Best thing is dua'ah tell your friend to cry to Allah subhwnatallah trust me it works. Allah subhnawatallah is testing her and everyone is getting testing in a different way. Inshallah she'l be fine
May Allah subhwnatallah ease her pain. Amin

BanGuLLy
06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
It would help if u told us what's making her sad... but if its too personal forget it.. or post in sister section..

Kittygyal
06-11-2007, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
It would help if u told us what's making her sad... but if its too personal forget it.. or post in sister section..
Salamualikum.
The sister clearly said her friend doesn't know why she's upset her self so how can the sis know.
At times it happens tell your friend to listen to QURA'AN QARI BASIT RECIATION and if have to open the english translation qura'an and follow what has been said and utterly you will feel the inner in tears. SUBHNALLAH
ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BanGuLLy
06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhSiNaH
Well she's always feeling 'sad' but she doesn't know why...ok maybe she does but she doesn't know why its affecting her.
Are u blind?? kitty... stop tryin to start arguments wit me.. Istagfurallah..

Kittygyal
06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
Are u blind?? kitty... stop tryin to start arguments wit me
Salamualikum.
Subhnallah Lol always thinking negatively AGAIN!
anywho keep reading on 'but she doesn't know WHY it's affecting her' :rollseyes
Am outcha here anywho the thread maker please take it easy with your homie and luck afta her inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

BanGuLLy
06-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Im Tryin To Find Out What It Is That Shes Sad About Sooooo We Can Find Out How Its Affectin Her!!!!! Go back to ur kitty thread.. the only thing ur good at :O :O :O ..lol just playin :giggling:

GRRRRRRRRRR YOU NEGD ME KITTYGAL :raging: meow :)

England
06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Take her out to have some fun. Get her mind off whatever it is :D

.: Jannati :.
06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
erm...Jazaak Allahu Khayran so far for your input..

WaSsalaamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
06-12-2007, 01:18 AM
:sl: sis.
maybe try advising her to try to stop concentrating on what makes her sad, because it's just gonna make it worse. tell her to reverse her thinking, so every time she feels sad, change it to a positive thing, like think about a yummy food, or think about the comfort of paradise for the believers. basically just reverse her thinking to a positive.
also try get her to listen to useful lectures, quran, nasheeds. tell her to use this sadness as way of getting close to allah. tell her to do a lot of dhikr.
also lke someoe said, take her out, tell her to stop and smell the roses every now and again.
and most importantly, tell her to remain patient, an that ease comes after hardships.

i hope that helps
:sl:

syilla
06-12-2007, 02:16 AM
:salamext:

I suggest to read Dr. Aidh book on Smile...

She should read more on the importance of smiling according to Islam.

InshaAllah that will lighten up her heart.

anonymous
06-12-2007, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhSiNaH
I know someone, she's very close to me.. Well she's always feeling 'sad' but she doesn't know why...ok maybe she does but she doesn't know why its affecting her. How can she find a way to eliminate this sadness when all she does is think about what makes her feel sad???

solutions? tips? anything?

Jazaak Allahu Khayran...

WaSsalaamuAlaykum

sorry to hear that sister. Would it be possible if u could tell us a bit more about her condition. e.g. Does she have a loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, lack of focus or forgetfulness ? :?

Also, what is causing her to feel ‘sad’ n how long has she been feeling this way? e.g ppl can experience a ‘sad’ mood because of external factors such as losing a loved one, loss of job, a dramatic change in their lives etc. and they can be sad even though there r no external factors involved. In which case their sadness might be due to internal factors. (i.e. Diet).

I can give u some causes for this condition. Some of it may not be relevant tho, as I do not have the above information just yet. But just read it and see if it helps. :-\

feeling ‘sad’ or ‘depressed’ can be due to low serotonin, dopamine, or norepinephrine levels which r chemicals in your brain. These chemicals have a powerful effect on our mood.

Your friend could be experiencing ‘sadness’ due to nutritional deficiencies in her body, which can lead to a shortage of these chemicals.

Therefore, I am going to tell u about certain foods which increase these chemicals, causing ones mood to be calm and lifting it to “feel good” levels.

She needs vitamin B6, which is found in fish (fish also contains selenium which lifts mood dramatically), poultry, leafy greens, chick peas and whole grains. Even though we do get plenty of this in our diet, these vitamins can decrease when stressed, angry, emotionally worried or hurt.

Low levels of folate ( form of folic acid) in your blood stream can also send serotonin levels into a free fall. To prevent this, we need to eat beans, greens such as spinach, which r high in folate. These foods also contain vitamin B6.

Furthermore, carbohydrates also ease depression- even anxiety and fatigue. This is why women (especially) crave for carbohydrates when they r depressed. These can be found in potatoes, yogurt, raisins chappati etc.
n please don’t try n get your carbohydrates from sugary cakes and pastries. [ESPECIALLY not from fizzy drinks such as IRN BRU, even though I heard it does put u on a “high”:p ]

Anyway the above foods have a drammatic effect in lifting our mood

frm ":(" to ":smile:"

I would strongly advise ur friend ( actually everyone including myself) to take special care of our diet. because if we dont give our brain the correct portion of vitamins and minerals, our brain will not function properly. we will have negative thoughts, memory lose, disruption of cognitions and emotions, moodswings, hormone disruption etc. And this will cause us to hv a very unhealthy, low, emotional state. which means not only will we not be able to handle the ups and downs of life, but we will also be more vulnerable to waswaas from the shaytaan and find it difficult to fight him. And we will drive ppl away from us because of our moodswings, crankiness and glum expressions etc. already this will have a dramatic effect on our life. so we MUST eat of the good foods that Allah has given us so we can have a healthy, strong balanced mind and body tht can work in Allah's way. If we treat our bodies like a bin n dump everything in it, then our bodies will turn against us :mmokay: n whats more ? on the Day of Judgement, it will tell Allah all abt how we treated it, n then we will be in biiiiig trouble. God forbid :X

Other than eating the correct foods, and having the correct amounts (not over-eating or under-eating) If there is an external cause for her ‘sadness’ then treatment for it should be from the Qur’aan, as this Book treats all mental illnesses, depression being one of them. Remind your friend to remember Allah, and to believe in His divine decree. Also remind her about the reward for those who are patient....
would recommend u to read this beneficial thread also:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-dont-sad.html

u can give examples from the lives of the Sahaabah’s which r very inspiring. Tell her to do dhikr and read the dua’s which have been narrated from the Prophet (SAW) for treating worry, grief, and distress.

Heres a dua to give your friend to read :

Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala Al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi.

O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You named yourself with, or revealed in your book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Quraan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.”

The prophet (SAW) said: "No person suffers any anxiety of grief, and says ^ but Allah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy." :)

Note : If your friend has allergies to any of the foods mentioned above, then obviously she doesn’t have to eat those.

inshaAllah, i hope that helped...

Fi Iman Allah
anonymouse

skhalid
06-12-2007, 08:21 AM
take her our some where...were she can at least get some things off her mind....get together and do something fun...i know she wont forget completely but for a while at least.

piXie
07-02-2007, 05:49 AM

Sorry to hear that sister. Would it be possible if u could tell us a bit more about her condition. e.g. Does she have a loss of appetite, sleep disturbances, lack of focus or forgetfulness ? :?

Also, what is causing her to feel ‘sad’ n how long has she been feeling this way? e.g ppl can experience a ‘sad’ mood because of external factors such as losing a loved one, loss of job, a dramatic change in their lives etc. and they can be sad even though there r no external factors involved. In which case their sadness might be due to internal factors. (i.e. Diet).

I can give u some causes for this condition. Some of it may not be relevant tho, as I do not have the above information just yet. But just read it and see if it helps :-\

feeling ‘sad’ or ‘depressed’ can be due to low serotonin, dopamine, or norepinephrine levels which r chemicals in our brain. These chemicals have a powerful effect on our mood.

Your friend could be experiencing ‘sadness’ due to nutritional deficiencies in her body, which can lead to a shortage of these chemicals.

Therefore, I am going to tell u about certain foods which increase these chemicals, causing ones mood to be calm and lifting it to “feel good” levels.

She needs vitamin B6, which is found in fish (fish also contains selenium which lifts mood dramatically), poultry, leafy greens, chick peas and whole grains. Even though we do get plenty of this in our diet, these vitamins can decrease when stressed, angry, emotionally worried or hurt.

Low levels of folate ( form of folic acid) in your blood stream can also send serotonin levels swooping down. To prevent this, we need to eat beans, greens such as spinach, which r high in folate. These foods also contain vitamin B6.

Furthermore, carbohydrates also ease depression- even anxiety and fatigue. This is why women (especially) crave for carbohydrates when they r depressed. These can be found in potatoes, yogurt, raisins, chappati etc.
n please don’t try n get your carbohydrates from sugary cakes and pastries. [ESPECIALLY not from fizzy drinks such as IRN BRU, even though I heard it does put u on a “high” :p ]

Anyway the above foods have a drammatic effect in lifting our mood

frm ":( " to ":smile: "

I would strongly advise ur friend ( actually everyone including myself) to take special care of our diet. because if we dont give our brain the correct portion of vitamins and minerals, our brain will not function properly. we will have negative thoughts, memory lose, disruption of cognitions and emotions, moodswings, hormone disruption etc. And this will cause us to hv a very unhealthy, low, emotional state. which means not only will we be unable to able to handle the ups and downs of life, but we will also be more vulnerable to waswaas from the shaytaan and find it difficult to fight him. And we will drive ppl away from us because of our moodswings, crankiness and glum expressions etc. already this will have a dramatic effect on our life. so we MUST eat of the good foods that Allah has given us so we can have a healthy, strong balanced mind and body tht can work in Allah's way. If we treat our bodies like a bin n dump everything in it, then our bodies will turn against us n whats more ? on the Day of Judgement, it will tell Allah all abt how we treated it, n then we will be in biiiiig trouble :X God forbid tht happens...

Other than eating the correct foods, and having the correct amounts (not over-eating or under-eating) If there is an eXternal cause for her ‘sadness’ then treatment for it should be from the Qur’aan, as this Book treats all mental illnesses, depression being one of them. Remind your friend to remember Allah, and to believe in His divine decree. Also remind her about the reward for those who are patient....
would recommend u to read this beneficial thread also:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-dont-sad.html (Don't Be Sad)

u can give examples from the lives of the Sahaabah’s which r very inspiring. Tell her to do dhikr and read the dua’s which have been narrated from the Prophet (SAW) for treating worry, grief, and distress.

Heres a dua to give your friend to read :

Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala Al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi.

"O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You named yourself with, or revealed in your book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Quraan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.”

The prophet (SAW) said: "No person suffers any anxiety of grief, and says ^ but Allah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy." :)

Note : If your friend has allergies to any of the foods mentioned above, then obviously she doesn’t have to eat those.

insha'Allah, i hope that helped...
take care

:w:

*hope i didnt sound like a health freak* :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.