/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Purity and Sincerity of Intention

.: Jannati :.
06-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Purity and Sincerity of Intention

From 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (radiyallaahu 'anhu) who said that Allah's Messenger (

) said:

Actions are but by intentions and there is for every person only that which he intended. So he whose migration was for Allaah and His Messenger, then his migration was for Allaah and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to attain some worldly goal or to take a woman in marriage, then his migration was for that which he migrated. *

So the pillar of actions is pure and sincere intention, and through purity of intention the hearts become upright and at rest, and through it the person comes to know the right way in his Religion, thus he does everything in the proper manner. Through purity of intention alone will he come to know of the obligations upon him and the rights due to him. Through it he will behave justly in all affairs and will give everything its due right, not going beyond bounds or falling short of the mark.

So this hadeeth is one of the ahadeeth which are the pillars of correct understanding of our upright and true religion. *

So when the Muslim servant clearly realises what he has preceded then it becomes obligatory upon him that he should, without any hesitation, surround his sincere intention with the protective barrier for the Islamic Personality which is:

Distinctness

From Ibn 'Umar (radiyallaahu 'anhumaa) who said that Allah's Messenger (

) said:

I have been sent before the Hour so that Allaah alone should be worshiped without any partner for Him, and my provision has been placed beneath the shade of my spear, and subservience and humiliation have been placed upon those who disobey my orders, and whoever imitates a people then he is one of them.*

The Muslim has a distinct personality with it's own special nature and particular outlook and manner. It is distinct in its appearance, its nature, its creed ('aqeedah), its orientation and direction faced in Prayer, and in all its affairs.

By being distinct as Muslims we preserve our Islaam and our call in a clear and pure form, free from any adulteration and mistakes.

*~*~*~*

* Reported by al-Bukhari (English Translation Volume 1 Page 1 No. 1) and Muslim (Eng. Trans. Vol. 3, page 1056, no. 4692)
*.At-Taqyeed (2/6-7) of Ibn Nuqtah
* Reported by Ahmad (no. 5114) and others with hasan (good) isnaad (chain of narration). I have spoken about it in more detail in my footnotes to al-Hikamul Jadeerah bil Idhaa'ah (pg. 1-3) of Ibn Rajab

WasSalaamu'Alaykum ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.