PDA

View Full Version : Which One Are You?

.: Jannati :.
06-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Which One Are You?

by Brother Yahya Adel Ibrahîm The Prophet

said:

“There are only four kinds of people in this world:

(The first is) a slave whom Allâh has blessed with wealth and knowledge, and he fears Allâh with regard to them, and uses them to uphold family ties, and acknowledges the rights that Allâh has over them. He has the highest status.

(The second is) a slave to whom Allâh has given knowledge, but not wealth. His intention is sincere, and he says, ‘If only I had wealth, I would do (good deeds) like so-and-so (the first slave).’ He will be rewarded according to his intention, so their reward will be equal.

(The third is) a slave to whom Allâh has given wealth, but not knowledge. He spends his money aimlessly, neither fearing Allâh with regard to it nor using it to uphold family ties nor acknowledging the rights that Allâh has over it. He has the lowest status.

(The fourth is) a slave to whom Allâh has given neither wealth nor money. He says, ‘If only I had wealth, I would do (bad deeds) like so-and-so (the third slave). He will be punished according to his intention, so their burden of sin will be equal.”

(Reported by Ahmad and al-Tirmidhi, and classed as sahîh in Al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/9).

WaSsalaamuAlaykum..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
10-27-2007, 08:53 PM
:sl:
Great post!

abu-abderrahman
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Assalaam 'alaikum,

Yes, it's a great hadeeth.
Thanks for sharing..

-Elle-
11-02-2007, 11:43 PM

Beautiful hadeeth,

Thanks for sharing!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
11-03-2007, 12:48 AM

i had trouble rating myself on that.im not sure...

im not good at being my own judge when it comes to such matters..one day i think im at the bottom..next day i think i just mite be fine..

so sorry..cant answer the 'which one are you' which is most probably rhetorical...

lol

thanks for the thread.it is very nice.

:w:

niler
11-03-2007, 08:53 AM
assalamu aleykum. Thanx 4 sharing!!
but i find one category kinda contradcting a hadith i know. Maybe u can shed some light on it..
I know,based on a prophetic hadith that one who has evil or bad intentions and does not do wat he intended to do will get thawab for not doing the evil act. the fourth category is kinda giving a different message. wat du say?

~ Sabr ~
05-19-2016, 02:11 PM
:bump:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!