/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran and Aliens?

Wing
06-12-2007, 07:30 AM
Salaam fellow brothers and sisters of Islam,
I am an intrigued by some interpretations of the Quran on the topic of Aliens. On the following page there is a short essay with proof from the Quran stating that Aliens or other beings than us are out there in the multiverse. Are these interpretations correct?

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=53564

kk ^_^

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Im a kafir so I can not speak in scriptual form untill I have finished the quran.

But imagine this, lets say Allah exists, and he is ethernal, and all mighty.

Human beings have been here for 30.000 years. or less as some creationists say.

What did Allah do before and what will he do after? How can simple human bneings be in the center of allahs focus?

Wing
06-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Other words you are assuming these interpretations are correct thus you believe in other life forms other than un?

To tell you the truth this has only come to my interest recently and have no idea. Logically speaking [if other life forms exist and are greater than us] Allah would have its focus on them. Like a lion watching its prey. It would ignore the mouse directly in front of him and be more interesting in a zebra in the distance.

Is this what you are saying?

vpb
06-12-2007, 07:55 AM
:sl:

we don't certainly know, wether Qur'an agrees with existence of aliens or not. Jut let's just wait and see :p , maybe we'll met them if there are. :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sinbad
06-12-2007, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wing
Other words you are assuming these interpretations are correct thus you believe in other life forms other than un?

To tell you the truth this has only come to my interest recently and have no idea. Logically speaking [if other life forms exist and are greater than us] Allah would have its focus on them. Like a lion watching its prey. It would ignore the mouse directly in front of him and be more interesting in a zebra in the distance.

Is this what you are saying?
Not realy, If there is an allah, I think he could focus on several things at once. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXc0uTfHKwk

skhalid
06-12-2007, 08:07 AM
well i can't access te link at school, i'l get back to you.

Musalmaan
06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
there is possibility that other creatures living (in some other galaxy or planet) which we human has not yet discovered. i've read in some of the scholar works that are of the opinion through the verses of Quran Al-Kareem that there may be creatures other than human living in this world or other world.

insha'Allah (if Allah will) if i'll get the same book again i will mention the ayah(verses) of Qur'an that shed some lights over it.

and Allah is the only All-knowing.

- Qatada -
06-12-2007, 03:10 PM
:salamext:

Allaah knows best if this is true:

...Famous interpreters of the Qur'an, such as al-Allousi (died in 1850 a.d.) state that there are several verses that may support the idea (it is yet to become mainstream knowledge) of the existence of other beings and creatures outside the earth.

Among these verses are: Surah an-Nahl (16) verse 8: "And (He has created) horses, mules, and donkeys, for you to ride and use for show; and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge.". Al-Allousi comments in 14/102-103 that the disbelievers are not better than the believers who have no doubts about the existence of creations of God that we (humans) don't know about (but which we believe in their existence).

Another verse is in Surah Ta-Ha (20) verse 6: "To Him belongs what is in the heavens and on earth, and all between them, and all beneath the soil.". Al-Allousi further says (16/161) that what is "between them" are the creatures in the air and the clouds (that is: above humans) that we don't know about.

A third verse is in Surah ash-Shoura (42) verse 29: "And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills." Here, al-Allousi further explains that it is not unlikely that creatures in the entire heavens do exist with different shapes and looks. Having stated this, it is always important to understand that these verses are not specific proofs of the existence of Extra-terrestrials, but if scientific evidence proves their existence, then, they would be totally in line with Islamic teachings. Please note that a verse in the Qur'an should not be interpreted (or stretched out) with meanings beyond what it can handle.

Allah knows best.

vpb
06-12-2007, 04:07 PM
:sl:
I looked in the tafsir of Ibn Abbas, about the verse shown in the article, but it says nothing there about any other creatures.

Allahu Aelam.

Muezzin
06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
The purpose of the Quran is not to tell us every single secret of the universe. It is a guide as to how to live our lives.

Personally, I think it's more unbelievable that humans are the only sentient life forms in the universe. Probability dictates there must be other creatures who can think and build and make art and form cultures etc. I'm still reading about multiverses and the holographic universe concept, so I can't really comment on that (though based on what I understand so far perhaps it is a somewhat 'logical' way of explaining the existence of heaven and hell, and the supernatural in general).

Sinbad
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
The purpose of the Quran is not to tell us every single secret of the universe. It is a guide as to how to live our lives.

Personally, I think it's more unbelievable that humans are the only sentient life forms in the universe. Probability dictates there must be other creatures who can think and build and make art and form cultures etc. I'm still reading about multiverses and the holographic universe concept, so I can't really comment on that (though based on what I understand so far perhaps it is a somewhat 'logical' way of explaining the existence of heaven and hell, and the supernatural in general).
Yes Physics is intressting, and quantum physics have blessed us with even more spooky stuff. Have you researched about "string theory"?

----------------------------

If you are intressted in weather it is life on other planets NASA has proven it.

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pr...20020802a.html

Its bacteria, life exist, intelligent life, that maybe worshipps Allah et c, is undisclosed.

Muezzin
06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Yes Physics is intressting, and quantum physics have blessed us with even more spooky stuff. Have you researched about "string theory"?
A little bit. Isn't that just a unifying theory? As in, it's not so much a theory in and of itself, but a way of unifying all the disparate equations into one all-encompassing answer (personally, I reckon it's 42 :p)

But I digress from the topic and make a fool of myself, for I know very little about physics, quantum or otherwise.

----------------------------

If you are intressted in weather it is life on other planets NASA has proven it.

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pr...20020802a.html

Its bacteria, life exist, intelligent life, that maybe worshipps Allah et c, is undisclosed.
Intelligent life must exist elsewhere. Thanks for the link.

Balthasar21
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wing
Salaam fellow brothers and sisters of Islam,
I am an intrigued by some interpretations of the Quran on the topic of Aliens. On the following page there is a short essay with proof from the Quran stating that Aliens or other beings than us are out there in the multiverse. Are these interpretations correct?

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=53564

kk ^_^

Are you saying muslims believe in Extra - Terra - Astral ?

Umar001
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...trial%20%20%20

–adjective
1. outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.

I wonder, would angels or the likes come under this?

Balthasar21
06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...trial%20%20%20

–adjective
1. outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.

I wonder, would angels or the likes come under this?

Are you saying muslims believe in Extra - Terra - Astral ? [ Yes or No ]

Umar001
06-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Depends what one classifies as ETs. If angels are under that classification then I believe in angels :)

asadxyz
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Balthasar21
Are you saying muslims believe in Extra - Terra - Astral ? [ Yes or No ]
Salaam:
I do not know about others .But being a muslim I believe that there must be life on other planets also.As the Holy Quran says:And Syed Abula Alaa Maudoodi has explained in his Tafheem ul Quran :

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَثَّ فِيهِمَا مِن دَابَّةٍ وَهُوَ عَلَى جَمْعِهِمْ إِذَا يَشَاء قَدِيرٌ﴿42:29﴾

(42:29) Among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the living things, which He has scattered in both: *50 He can gather them all together whenever He wills. *51

*50 "In both": In both the earth and the heavens. This is a clear pointer to the fact that life does not only exist on the earth but on other planets as well.
Best of luck

Balthasar21
06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by asadxyz
Salaam:
I do not know about others .But being a muslim I believe that there must be life on other planets also.As the Holy Quran says:And Syed Abula Alaa Maudoodi has explained in his Tafheem ul Quran :

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَثَّ فِيهِمَا مِن دَابَّةٍ وَهُوَ عَلَى جَمْعِهِمْ إِذَا يَشَاء قَدِيرٌ﴿42:29﴾

(42:29) Among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the living things, which He has scattered in both: *50 He can gather them all together whenever He wills. *51

*50 "In both": In both the earth and the heavens. This is a clear pointer to the fact that life does not only exist on the earth but on other planets as well.
Best of luck

Thank you for not side stepping the question :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.