/* */

PDA

View Full Version : did all i could

AnonymousPoster
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
salam to all,

i have a friend who is an catholic. she was brought up frome the age of 3 to 18 in saudi arabia. she is a kindess person i have meet and a great friend. but what is bothering me is that she know how to read the quran and know more surahs than me.:-[ . she don't drink or eat haram. she even goes t a halaal buther.well she had a dream in which she was holding the cross and it mealted in her hands. it kept on mealting and mealting. when she asked me what it ment i asked her 1 question
have ever considered islam in your heart?
she said with no heasitation a big fat NO.
LOTS OF MY FRIENDS SAID THEY CAN COVERT HER IN A WEEK A MONTH. HOW CAN THEY WHEN I HAVE BEEN TRYING IT FOR FOUR YEARS.
I TOLD MY FRIND THAT I HAVE MORE COMPATION FOR ANOTHER NON BELIVER THEN YOU. SHE ASKED ME WHY
I SAID BECOUSE YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT ISLAM AND YET CHOSE TO IGNORE IT. YOU THE GOT THE RIGHT SIGH AND YET AGAIN CHOSE TO INGNOR IT.

NOW U TELL ME BROTHERS AND SISTER WAS I BEENING HORRIBEL TO HER.
I MEAN SHE KNOW EVERYTHING. [ AND I MEAN EVERYTHING IN ISLAM]

ALL I CAN DO IS PRAY THAT GOD SHOW HER RIGHT WAY AGAIN AND AGAIN.AND I DO MY BEST AND SHOW HER THE WAY TOO.. THIS PROBLEM HAS MADE ME SO SAD:cry: :cry: . AND IT HURTS COZ SHE IS SO KIND HEARTED PERSON AND I KNOW SHE WILL BE A GOOD MUSLIM SISTER.

ANY ADVICE WILL DO U GUYS.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
00:00
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
NOW U TELL ME BROTHERS AND SISTER WAS I BEENING HORRIBEL TO HER.
I MEAN SHE KNOW EVERYTHING. [ AND I MEAN EVERYTHING IN ISLAM]
NO.

why waste ur time with someone who knows about Islam, and chooses to ignore it, u rather spend ur time teaching someone who is ignorant of Islam, Than an ignorant Muslim who knows the Deen but doesn't accept it in her heart.

glo
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
It certainly seems like your friend has done much reading and learning, and she has decided that Islam is not for her ...
Tough as that may seem, if that's her choice, you will have to let her be ...

Why not leave her in God's hands?
She may never be a good and kind-hearted Muslim sister, but she is (as you say) a good and kind-hearted Christian sister.

Peace :)

Abdul Fattah
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Selam aleykum
First off all forget those people who are saying they could convert 'r in a month or week. Allah subhana wa ta'ala guides whom he wishes and lets astray whom he wishes. Your friends have absolutely no power in that matter. And quite frankly they come across vain of their own knowledge with such comments.

As for your friend. Just because somebody knows some surahs doesn't mean she knows everything about Islam. Every time I learn something I start to realize just how little I actually know.

I wouldn't say you were horrible, appearently you spoke what is in your heart. But we should be carefull not to let our emotions get the upper hand and cloud our judgement. I would say it would have been better both for you and for her if you had been more patient with her. Invite her to Islam with kindness, not with harshness. Maybe instead of focusing on what she knows you should focus on what she doesn't know. Ask her why she doesn't consider Islam. Ask her what holding her back. And if you truly wish the best for her, then make dua. Only Allah subhana wa ta'ala can turn her heart to the right direction.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grace Seeker
06-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I think that you have been given some good advice here. One always thinks that converting people is about what we do. It isn't. It is about what God does inside them. We are only messengers.

As for whether you were kind or harsh? Well, think of how you might have responded if she had spoken the same way to you about her faith that you have to her about yours. Catholicism, like Islam, is a faith that believes it is important to bring people into it in order that they might be saved. And like you said there is more hope for the ignorant who know nothing than those who know much and have rejected it.

What would you say of her and her kindness if she was to come on strongly with you in order to keep you from spending the rest of eternity in torment? What would you say of her, if believing that was to be your fate, she said nothing? It is a hard decision for both of you. To say nothing to a friend is tanatmount in each of your eyes of surrending your friend to eternal dam*nation. To speak of is to say that is where you see them going now.

My suggestion is to say what you can say respectfully, not demeaning her nor her faith, but merely lifting up your own. She will either accept it or not accept it. That is between her and God. I hope she does the same with you, for that is what I think a true friend would ultimately do. But if you make different decisions, a friend will respect that the decision is ultimately each individual's to make for him/herself.

Malaikah
06-13-2007, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I think that you have been given some good advice here. One always thinks that converting people is about what we do. It isn't. It is about what God does inside them. We are only messengers.
That is exactly what Islam teaches!! I think there is a verse along those lines... (not sure though).

To the thread starter...

:sl:

Just because she knows a bit about Islam, doesn't mean she knows enough. It can take people a long to accept with their hearts, and just because she isn't Muslim now, doesn't mean she will never be one.

As long as she is still alive there is still hope!

HBot 5000
06-13-2007, 08:05 AM
All you can do is keep trying AG. Remember it's a choice to accept the last monotheistic faith.

Gangster No.1
06-13-2007, 09:04 AM
:sl: :D

Sum good advise is already given!

basically you need to have a proper disucion one day with her, that inshlah you will make her understnad what a muslim belives and why a muslim belives!

Inshalah Allah will guide you, and inshlah allah will help you.

Funy how she had a dream of the cross melting. lol.
well dat was her dream.

skhalid
06-13-2007, 11:36 AM
If she knew everything then she wouldn't be ignoring it...only Allah Subhanahuwataalah knows all and sees all

Beblessed
06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
LOTS OF MY FRIENDS SAID THEY CAN COVERT HER IN A WEEK A MONTH. HOW CAN THEY WHEN I HAVE BEEN TRYING IT FOR FOUR YEARS.

"Maee yahdihillahu fala mudilla lah, wa maee yudlilhu fala haadiya lah."

And the translation of this is usually given as:

"Whomever Allah guides, no one can misguide, and whomever Allah misguides, no one can guide."

skhalid
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
No one can be forced into a religion..I think you did a good job trying to persuade her due to her knowledge but if she has chosen to ignore your advice not much can be done about it...when she is ready she probably convert but everything happens for a reason therefore the outcome will be absolute!

YasharG
06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
And if you truly wish the best for her, then make dua. Only Allah subhana wa ta'ala can turn her heart to the right direction.
I haven't learned to make dua. I wish to ask fellow Muslims to pray for some people I know. Insha Allah :)

1. Revert a woman I'll refer to as "WLH" to Islam.
2. Pray for the child of a friend of mine to wake up from coma. I don't know his name, but the father's name is Jalal.

:)

:w:

YasharG
06-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Also... today is the birthday of my cousin, Saeed, who died 6 years ago, because of drugs. Please take the time to ask for forgiveness on his behalf.

I also want to ask... I used to have some dreams, about 6-12 months after his death, where we were together, and I specifically remember wondering (in my dreams) why I thought he was "dead", because I could see him right there, alive. Is this a good sign? No need to answer if it's sinful to try to decypher dreams. The feeling was so real. I felt like I was fully "awake" in my dreams, and had logic, sense and ordinary state of mind present.

Regardless, those were wonderful dreams :D :cry:

AnonymousPoster
06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
well i did as her if she considered islam and she said no. and ther other thing is that her mother is a very strict catholic.
my friend say her mom is gonna kill her. she is really scared of her mom.
well all i can do is pray that allah shows her the way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!