/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gay Bombs (not to be confused with Dirty Bombs)

Muezzin
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Erm... parental advisory warning, I guess. Not suitable for the kiddies.

Air Force Considered Gay 'Love Bomb' Against Enemies

WASHINGTON — The Air Force on Tuesday confirmed a report that in 1994 a military researcher requested $7.5 million to develop a non-lethal "love bomb" that would chemically alter the state of mind of enemy troops and make them want to [Ahem] rather than fight.

Air Force spokeswoman Lt. Col. Cathy Reardon said the idea was proposed by an Air Force researcher at a lab at Brooks Air Force base in Texas, but it was rejected by the Defense Department. Officials noted that the Air Force is constantly considering funding proposals.

No money was spent, Reardon said, and no such weapons are currently being considered. The goal was to create a non lethal weapon to be used against enemy troops.

First reported by KPIX-TV in San Francisco, the discovery of the "gay bomb" came from a Freedom of Information Act request made by Edward Hammond of Berkeley's Sunshine Project, a watchdog group that tracks military spending.

According to the report, as part of the military's goal of developing non-lethal weapons, the proposal suggested, "One distasteful but completely non-lethal example would be strong aphrodisiacs, especially if the chemical also caused homosexual behavior."

Separately, a Defense Department spokesman told FOX News that he was not aware of any such program, but called the idea one of the most ridiculous things he'd heard.

Source

I know it's infantile to laugh. I don't care.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bittersteel
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
hey Muezzin shouldn't it be in the laughter section?I mean the idea is so gay.

Zman
06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
:sl:/Peace To All

WoW! The things we conjure up and attempt to produce...

Cognescenti
06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Rumors that such a device was inadvertently detonated in San Francisco are absolutely false.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
there are a lot of gays in the US.

Cognescenti
06-12-2007, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
This is a pretty funny thread so far. I suppose you could be joking...but jsut in case, :D Let's get real. There are gays in every society. It's a brain thingy. It is merely a question of openness and social tolerance.

I wonder if the thing would work on sailors too.

786rani
06-12-2007, 07:21 PM
i aint seen no obvious gays in brum. but trust i aint been lookin. LOL
rani

Muezzin
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
I wonder if the thing would work on sailors too.
You mean the Village People were telling the truth?

Keltoi
06-12-2007, 09:57 PM
If they could perfect such a weapon....imagine the carnage...okay, maybe you shouldn't.

SATalha
06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
If they could perfect such a weapon....imagine the carnage...okay, maybe you shouldn't.
lol you joker. You made me imagine!

NobleMuslimUK
06-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Makes you wonder why they promote the gayness in western society and ask us to tolerate such abominations. The gay justification is that you are born with it. Its a sick ideal to promote and encourage, how christianity was lured into this is beyond me then again christianity has been lured into many actions that are against true form of christianity.

Amadeus85
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Makes you wonder why they promote the gayness in western society and ask us to tolerate such abominations. The gay justification is that you are born with it. Its a sick ideal to promote and encourage, how christianity was lured into this is beyond me then again christianity has been lured into many actions that are against true form of christianity.
And what has christian faith to do with homosexuality? :?

Keltoi
06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Because we don't stone them in the street we are promoting the lifestyle...

* note the sarcasm

Amadeus85
06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Because we don't stone them in the street we are promoting the lifestyle...

* note the sarcasm
Thats what i thought.

NobleMuslimUK
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
For allowing same sex marriages in a church. :rollseyes

Keltoi
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
This is completely off-topic. However, the number of churches who allow same-sex marriage is a minute amount. Usually in more liberal areas. Neither the Catholic Church nor any major denomination has signed off the practice.

snakelegs
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
one of the slogans of the anti war movement during the viet nam war was "make love, not war".

Keltoi
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
one of the slogans of the anti war movement during the viet nam war was "make love, not war".
...and now look at those people. :D

Amadeus85
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I think that no more christian priests support gay marriages than muslim clerics support terrorism.

Panther
06-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Darn, the breeders found out about our secret weapon!
Well, I suppose the truth is out now. Your days are numbered, heteros! All this time we've been denying the existance of the "gay agenda", when it was true all along! We're out to get you! You cannot run, nor can you hide!(Unless you dress as Popeye during mardi gras, then you might be safe. For a while.)

Hide away your sons and daughters.
CONVERT OR HAVE YOUR LIVING ROOM REDESIGNED.

LOL.

But seriously now, a love bomb? I doubt it would work, I mean... Wouldn't making the soldiers sexually frustrated just make them angry and therefore even more willing to kill?

But wow, if it did work... Where should we drop it first? So many more places in the world need more love. :3

I KNOW! Drop it on the Westboro Baptist Chruch!

Genius!

Cognescenti
06-13-2007, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panther
..CONVERT OR HAVE YOUR LIVING ROOM REDESIGNED....

:D ....

north_malaysian
06-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Democrats should drop that bomb on the white house in order to make Bush support same-sex marriage.

north_malaysian
06-13-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
You should go to Thailand... I think they have double gay population than the US.

Pygoscelis
06-13-2007, 03:41 AM
Are you suggesting that the police should have raided them and prevented the wedding?

Muezzin
06-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Um... guys, I meant this as an amusing, light-hearted thread rather than as a debate about same-sex marriages.

Because, really, those kind of things belong in threads about the Governator.

guyabano
06-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Every thread, even so nice and funny it could be, must have some troublemakers.

Muezzin
06-13-2007, 09:43 AM
But seriously now, a love bomb?
You mean that Tom Jones was telling the truth?!

Malaikah
06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
But seriously now, a love bomb? I doubt it would work, I mean... Wouldn't making the soldiers sexually frustrated just make them angry and therefore even more willing to kill?
Or they just might end up raping the male prisoners of war... talk about back firing! :X +o(

Zman
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Rumors that such a device was inadvertently detonated in San Francisco are absolutely false.
:lol:

Keltoi
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
On a serious note, from what I understand, an Air Force researcher proposed this idea as well as a weapon intended to cause bees to become violent and attack people. These projects were shot down quickly by the Air Force. So this was never seriously considered by the military establishment.

Muezzin
06-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah, it's evident from the quoted article that they never took this seriously.

It's just kind of nice to lighten up this place a little. :)

I'll probably lock it after a couple of days because of the 3 day rule. Hopefully it'll put a smile on people's faces in the interim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.