PDA

View Full Version : *!* Who is the Saved Sect ? *!*

Khayal
06-12-2007, 08:28 PM
:arabic6:

Who is the Saved Sect ?
http://www.ahya.org/

:salamext:
The Last Messenger of Allah, Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) warned his followers....
“Beware! The people of the Book before you split up into seventy-two sects, and this community (Muslims) will split up into seventy-three; Seventy-two of them will be in the Fire and only one will be saved.”

The Concept of the Saved Sect

[1] Allah- the Most High - said “And hold fast altogether to the Rope of Allah and do not become divided.” [Soorah Aal-’Imraan (3): 103]

[2] Allah - the Most High - said “And be not those who commit shirk (associate partners with Allah), those who split up their Deen (religion) and become sects; each rejoicing in what is with them.” [Soorah ar-Room (30): 31-32]

[3] The Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“I advise you to have Taqwaa [1] of Allah and to hear and obey, even if an Abyssinian slave becomes your leader. Those of you who live long after me will see a lot of differences, so hold fast to my Sunnah [2] and the Sunnah of the Rightly-Guided Khaleefahs [3] after me. Cling to it tightly and beware of the newly-invented matters (in religion), for every newly-invented matter is an innovation (Bidah [4] ), and every innovation is misguidance, and all misguidance is in the Fire.”
Related by Abu Dawood (no.4607), at-Tirmidhi (no.2676), authenticated by al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr in Takhreej Ahadeeth Mukhtasar Ibnul-Haajib (1/137).

[4] The Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) warned his followers:
“I have left you upon clear proofs, its night is like its day, and no one deviates from it except one who is destroyed, and whoever lives (long) from amongst you will see great controversy. So stick to what you know from my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly-guided Khaleefahs - cling to that with your molar teeth.”
Reported by Imaam Ahmed (4/126), Ibn Majah (no.43), al-Haakim (1/96) and al-Baihaqee in al-Madkhal (51)

[5] The Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) also said:
“Indeed the people of the Book before you split into seventy-two sects. And this nation will split into seventy-three sects, seventy-two are in the Fire and one in Paradise ”. And in another narration, “All are in the Fire except one.” It was asked: Who is that one? He replied, “That which I and my Companions are upon”
Related by at-Tirmidhi (5/62) and al-Haakim (1/128). It has been authenticated by al-Haafidh al-Iraaqee in Takhreejul-Ihyaa (3/199) and al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no.204).

[6] Ibn Mas’ood (May Allah be pleased with him) said: “Allah’s Messenger drew a line for us and then said, “This is Allah’s Path.” Then he drew lines to its right and its left, and said “These are different paths, upon each of them there is a shaytaan (devil) calling to it”. Then He recited the verse “And Verily this is My Path, so follow it, and do not follow other paths for they will separate you away from His Path.” Soorah al-An’aam (6): 153
Related by Ahmed (1/435) and al-Haakim (2/318)
[7] Shaykh Abdul Qaadir al-Jeelaanee (d.561H) - rahimahullah - said:
“As for al-Firqatun-Naajiyah (the Saved-Sect) it is Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah, and there is no name for Ahlus-Sunnah except one - and that is Ashaabul-Hadeeth [5] (the People of the Hadeeth)” Al-Ghuniyatut-Taalibeen (p.212)
Allah - the One free from all defects - orders us to hold fast altogether to the Noble Qur'aan, and not be like the mushriks [6] who split-up their Deen and become sects and parties. And the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) informed us that the Jews and the Christians will be divided into many sects and that Muslims will split-up even more. And that all such sects will deserve the Hell-Fire for their deviations and their being far from the Book of their Lord (Rabb) and the Sunnah of their Messenger. But just one sect will be saved from the fire and enter Paradise - and that is the Jamaa’ah (those who cling to the Book and the authentic Sunnah and to the actions of the Companions of the Prophet). Their Beliefs being white and pure, manifest and untainted, such that its night is just like its day!
O Allah! Make us from amongst the Saved-Sect and grant the Muslims the guidance and ability to be from it.

FOOT NOTES

[1]Taqwaa: To protect one’s self from the anger of Allah, by doing what He has commanded and avoiding what He has forbidden. It also means being conscious of Allah.

[2]Sunnah : literally meaning ‘the way’. Islamically it refers to the sayings, actions and silent approvals of the Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him).

[3] This refers to the Khilaafah (ruling period) of the Companions: Abu Bakr, Umer, Uthman, and Alee’ (May Allah be pleased with them all).

[4]Bidah: Innovation in religious rites and principles

[5]Ashaabul-Hadeeth or Ahulul-Hadeeth: (lit. People of the Hadeeth) A term given to the scholars of Islam who preferred to avoid excessive reasoning and instead relied heavily upon the literal interpretations of sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). The only criteria for being among the Ahlul-Hadeeth is the correct Aqeedah (creed) and Knowledge of the Book and the Sunnah. However in more recent times, it has become a term used for those who oppose the blind-following of any single ma dhhab, since they refer back to the views (Ijtihaad) of all the scholars of Islam in matters that have no reference in the Book of Allah or the Sunnah

[6] Those who associate partners with Allah in the matters that are particular to only Him
This booklet is based upon an article that appeared in Al-Ibaanah magazine (Issue no.3). This is orignally part of “Minhaaj al-Firqatun-Naajiyah wat-Taaifatul-Mansoorah” by Shaykh Muhammed ibn Jameel Zaynoo (p.6-17)

The Methodology of the Saved-Sect

[1] The Firqatun-Naajiyah (the Saved-Sect) is that which adheres to the Minhaj (the clear and manifest way) of Allah’s Messenger during his lifetime, and to the Minhaj of the Companions [7] after him. This Minhaj being clearly defined in the Noble Qur'aan and explained in the authentic Sunnah, as the Prophet said:
“I am leaving among you two things, which if you cling to, you will never go astray: The Book of Allah and my Sunnah. The two will not separate from each other, until you meet me at the Pool (Hawd).”
Related by al-Haakim from Abu Hurairah,. Authenticated by al-Albaanee in Takhreejul-Mishkaat (no.186)

[2] The Saved-Sect returns to the Word of Allah and His Messenger whenever there is disagreement or difference of opinion among themselves, and those acting upon the saying of Allah - the Most High: “If you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you do believe in Allah and the Last Day. This is best and most suitable for final determination.” [Soorah an-Nisaa’ (4): 59]
And Allah - the Most High - also says: “But no, by your Lord! They cannot have any faith until they make you (the Messenger) a judge in all disputes that they have between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decision, but accept them with full submission.” [Soorah an-Nisaa’ (4): 65]

[3] The Saved-Sect does not give precedence to the word of anyone over the Word of Allah and His Messenger, acting upon the saying of Allah:
“O you who believe! Do not put yourselves forward before Allah and His Messenger, and have Taqwaa of Allah. Indeed, Allah is all-Hearing, all-Seeing” [Soorah al-Hujaraat (49): 1]
Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: “I fear that stones will descend upon you from the sky, that I say to you that the Messenger of Allah said; and you say to me that ‘Abu Bakr and Umer say something else’.”
Related by Imaam Ahmed (no.3121), al-Khateeb in al-Faqeeh wal-Muttafaqqih (1/145) and Ibn Abdul-Barr in Jaami’ Bayaanul Ilm (2/196), from Sa’eed ibn Jubayr.

[4] The Saved-Sect values Tawheed: and that is to single-out Allah alone in worship, in supplication (Duaa), in seeking aid and assistance, in seeking refuge in times of ease or hardship, in sacrificing and making vows, in placing total reliance and trust in Him and in judging by what Allah has revealed; and in all other forms of worship. This is the only basis upon which true Islaamic society is based. It is therefore essential to remove shirk (associating partners with Allah) and its manifestations, since this is a requirement of Tawheed. And victory is not possible when Tawheed is neglected, nor can shirk be fought with its like. And we are to follow in this, the examples of the Prophets.... “Verily to every nation We have sent a Messenger (proclaiming) ‘Worship Allah (alone) and avoid the Taghoot (False gods)’.” Soorah an-Nahl (16): 36

[5] The Saved-Sect revive the Sunnah of Allah’s Messenger in their Ibaadah (worship), Sulook (behavior) and in their lives, thus becoming strangers amongst the people - as Allah’s Messenger (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Islam started as something strange and will return as something strange (as it began), so Toobaa (a tree in Paradise ) is for Strangers.”
Related by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh (2/175-176) and Ibn Majah (2/320) from Abu Hurairah
In another narration: “..so Toobaa is for the Strangers. Those who correct and put right what the people have corrupted.”
Related by Abu Amr ad-Daanee in as-Sunanul -Waaridah fil-Fitan (1/25) and al-Aajurree in al-Ghurabaa (p.15-16), by Ibn Masood. Sheikh al-Albaanee authenticated it in as-Saheeah (3/267)

[6] The Saved-Sect does not have bigoted adherence to the saying of anyone, except the saying of Allah and the saying of his infallible Messenger, who does not speak from his own desires. see Soorah an-Najm (53): 1-4
As for any other person - however elevated in rank - then he errs and makes mistakes, according to the Messenger’s saying: “All the children of Aadam err and commit mistakes, but the best of those who make mistakes are those who turn in repentance.”
Reported by at-Tirmidhi (no.2399), Ibn Majah (no.4251) from Anas. Authenticated by al-Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan Ibn Majah (no.3428)
Imaam Maalik (May Allah have Mercy on him) said: “There is no one after the Prophet except that you can take his saying or leave it.”
Related by Ibn Abdul-Haadee in Irshaaus-Saalik (227/1).
Delighted with the beauty of this saying, Taqeeud-Deen as-Subkee said in al-Fataawaa (1/148): “These words are originally those of Ibn Abbaas and Mujaahid, from whom Maalik took and became famous for them.” Imaam Ahmed also took this saying from them, as Abu Dawood relates in his Masaa’il Imaan Ahmed (p.276): “I heard Ahmed say: There is no one, except that his opinion is taken or abandoned, except the Prophet (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)

[7] The Saved-Sect are the Ahlul-Hadeeth (the People of Hadeeth), about whom the Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“There will not cease to be a group from my Ummah victorious and steadfast upon the truth, those who abandon them will not harm them, until the command of Allah comes about.”
Related by Muslim in his Saheeh (6/52-53) and Abu Dawood in his Sunan (2/202) from Thawbaan
He also said: “This knowledge will be carried by the trustworthy ones of every generation. They will expel by it the alterations made by those going beyond bounds, the false claims of the liars and the false interpretations of the ignorant.”
Related by Ibn Asaakir and authenticated By al-Albaanee in his checking of Mishkat (no.248)
He also said: “Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years one who will revive His religion.”
Reported by Abu Dawood (3/4278), al-Haakim, at-Tabaraanee in al-Ausat. Authenticated by al-Albaanee in as-Saheeah (2/150)

[8] The Saved-Sect love and honor the mujtahid Imaams (those scholars who are able to extract rulings from the Book and the Sunnah). However they do not blindly follow any of them. On the contrary, they take fiqh (rulings) from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, upon the understanding and the sayings of all the scholars - if it is in agreement with the authentic Hadeeth. Indeed, this is in agreement with their saying.....

Imaam Abu Haneefah (d.150H) - rahimahullah - said:
“If a Hadeeth is found to be authentic, then that is my madhab.” Related by Ibn Aabideen in al-Haashiyah (1/63)and also in Rasmul-Muftee (1/4)

Imaam Maalik (d.179H) - rahimahullah - said:
“Indeed I am only a man. I am sometimes mistaken and at other times correct; so look into my opinion. All that agrees with the Book and the Sunnah, accept it, and all that does not agree with the Book and the Sunnah, then abandon it.” Related by Ibn Abdul-Barr in al-Jaami (2/32) and Ibn Hazm in Usoolul-Ahkaam (6/149)

Imaam ash-Shafiee - rahimahullah - (d.204H) said:
“Everything that I say, for which there is something authentically related from the Prophet contrary to my saying, the Hadeeth of the Prophet comes first. So do not make Taqleed (blind-following) of me.” Related by Ibn Abee Haatim in al-Aadaab (p.93) and Ibn Asaakir in Tareekh Dimashq (15/9/2)

Imaam Ahmed - rahimahullah - (d,241H) said:
“Do not make Taqleed (blind-following) of me, nor make Taqleed of Maalik, nor of ash-Shafiee, nor of al-Awzaa’ee, nor of ath-Thawree. But take from where they took.” Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in I’laamul-Muwqi’een (2/302)

[9] The Saved-Sect orders the good and forbids the evil. Thus it renounces the innovative ways and destructive parties and groups which split the Ummah, as Allah - the Most High - orders,
“Let there arise from you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islaam), enjoining all that is right and forbidding what is wrong. These are the ones who will achieve success.” [Soorah al-Imraan (3):104]

[10] The Saved-Sect reject those laws which are man-made when they contradict the judgment of Islaam. Rather, it calls to the judgment by the Revelation, that Allah revealed for the happiness and benefit of mankind, as Allah advises His Messenger, “And so judge (you O Muhammed) between them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires.” [Soorah al-Maidah (5): 49]
Only Allah knows what will reform the people. So His Law is firm and constant, it will not alter for the rest of time, nor does the passage of time alter its values. In reality the misfortune, lowliness and humiliation the Muslim nation suffers is because the abandoned the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger. And nothing will make the Muslims strong again except by them returning to the teachings of Islam - both individually and collectively, acting upon the saying of Allah,
“Indeed, never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change themselves.” [Soorah ar-Rad (13):11]

[11] The Saved-Sect call the Muslims collectively to Jihaad in the path of Allah - which is obligatory upon every Muslim in accordance with his ability and strength. And Jihaad comprises the following:
(a) Jihaad with the tongue and the Pen: to call the Muslims as well as non-Muslims to the adherence to the true and correct Islaam, starting with the concept of Tawheed free from all forms of shirk; as the Prophet warned: “The Hour will not be established until a group from my Ummah will follow the mushriks, and large groups of my Ummah will worship idols.”
Related by Abu Dawood (no.4252), Ibn Majah (no.4000) and al-Haakim (4/448-449). Refer to Tahdheerus-Saajid (p.139) of Shaykh al-Albaanee
(b) Jihaad with wealth : and it is to give wealth for the propagation of Islam by the establishment of Islamic Institutions, building libraries and the printing of authentic Islamic books, so as to make guidance easily available for those who wish to acquire it. It also consists of the distribution of funds to the weak Muslims to incline their hearts and to strengthen them. It also consists of providing the mujaahideen with food, clothing and other requirements.
(c) Jihaad with Oneself: it consists of fighting and participating in battle for the victory of Islam, such as the Word of Allah is made uppermost, whilst the word of kufr (disbelief) is debased and made low.
It has been narrated by Abu Moosa (May Allah be pleased with him), that a man came to the Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) and asked, “A man fights for war booty, another fights for fame and a third fights for showing off, which of them fights in Allah’s cause?” The Prophet replied, “He who fights that Allah’s Word be superior, fights in Allah’s Cause.” Reported in Saheeh al-Bukhari (vol.4, no.65) and Saheeh Muslim
And the noble Messenger pointed to these three forms of Jihaad in his saying, “Make Jihaad against the mushriks with your wealth, your selves and your tongues.”
Related by Abu Dawood (no.2504) from Anas. Authenticated by al-Albaanee in Saheeh Abu Dawood (no.2186)

F O O T N O T E S

[7] Anyone who saw the Prophet Muhammed (May the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him) while being a Muslim and died upon Islam is a Sahaabee.{see Saheeh al-Bukhari,vol.5,p.1}
The Signs of the Saved Sect
[1] al-Firqatun Naajiyah (the Saved Sect) are few among the people. Allah’s Messenger prayed for them in the following words: “Tooba (a tree in Paradise) is for the Strangers – the people who are righteous among a people who are mostly wicked, those who disobey them are more then those who obey them.” [1] And Allah says in the Qur’aan:
But few of My servants are grateful.” [Soorah as-Sabaa (34): 13]
[2] The Saved Sect is abandoned by most people, who slander them and ridicule them with insulting them with insulting names. So there is for them an example in the Prophets about whom Allah said: “And so We appointed for every Prophet an enemy; devils amongst mankind and jinns, inspiring one another with flowery discourses by way of deception.” [Soorah al-An’aam (6): 112] And even the Messenger Muhammad (sallalahu alaihe wa-sallam) was treated the same by his people. So, when he called them to Tawheed they called him a sorcerer and a liar – whereas prior to this they used to call him as-Saadiq (truthful) and Amin (trustworthy).
The Taa’ifatul Mansoorah (the Aided and Victorious Group):
[1] The Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihe wa-sallam) said: “There will not cease to be a group from my Ummah victorious and steadfast upon the truth, those who abandon them will not harm them, until the command of Allah comes about.” [Related by Muslim in his Saheeh (6/ 52-53) and Abu Dawood in his Sunan (2/202) from Thawbaan]
[2] The Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihe wa-sallam) said: “When the people of Shaam (Syria, Jordan and Palestine) become corrupt there will be no good in you. And there will not cease to be a group from my Ummah being helped (aided) those that oppose them will not harm them, until the hour is established.” [Related by at- Tirmidhee (2/30), Ibn Majah (1/6-7) and Imaam Ahmad (3/463)]
Who is the Victorious and Aided Group (at-Taa’ifatul - Mansoorah)?
Let’s see what the Scholars of Islam have to say…
[1] Ibn al-Mubarak (d. 181H) rahimahullah – said: “According to me they are Ashaabul Hadeeth (the Scholars of Hadeeth).”[2]
[2] Imaam al-Bukharee (d. 256H) – rahimahullah – said: “It means Ahlul – Hadeeth (the People of Hadeeth)” [Sharaful – Ashaabul – Hadeeth (p. 27)]
[3] Imaam Ahamd (d. 241H) – rahimahullah – said: “If this Taa’ifatul-Mansoorah are not Ashabul Hadeeth, then I donot know who they are.” [3] [al-Qaadi Iyaad (d.544H) – rahimahullah – said: “What Imaam Ahmad intended was Ahlus Sunnah wal- Jamaa’ah, those who hold the Aqeedah [4] of Ahlul Hadeeth] [5]
The Ahlul-Hadeeth are the people of the Prophet, although; They accompany him not, they are with his every movement.” [6]
The Ahlul – Hadeeth, by virtue of their competence in the study of the Sunnah, are not attached to any person, however elevated, but are altogether concerned with the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihe wa-sallam); his guidance, his manners and whatever else pertains to him. They cling to the Sunnah firmly and do not make anyone’s word equal to that of the Prophet’s.
Al-Khateeb al-Baghdaadee (d. H) – rahimahullah – explains in his book, Sharaful Ashaabul Hadeeth:
“And if only the people of blameworthy opinion bused themselves with beneficial knowledge, and the seeking of the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah, and followed the way of the fuqahaa and the muhaddithoon then they would find that this would be sufficient for them. And the narration (Hadeeth) would take place of the opinion, which they hold. This is because the Hadeeth explains the fundamentals of Tawheed, the Threats and the Promises from Allah and the Attributes of Allah. It also contains information about Paradise and Hell-Fire and what Allah ahs prepared therein for the pious and the wicked… The Hadeeth explains stories of the past Prophets … It contains histories of the kings of the past and the description of the battles of Messenger, his expeditions, rulings, judgments, sermons, warnings, predictions and miracles. It also contains information about the Prophet’s wives, Children, Relatives, and companions, and a mention of their excellence and merit. And the Hadeeth contains the Tafseer of the Qur’aan; information and the wise remembrance contined in it. It contains the saying of the Companions about the Qur’aan’s preserved things.
And Allah made Ahlul Hadeeth (the People of Hadeeth) the pillar of the Shar’eeah and the destroyer of every despised innovations. So they are Allah’s wardens among His creation, and they link between the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu alaihe wa-sallam) and his Ummah, and they strive to preserve Allah’s Deen. So their light shines brightly, their excellence remains, their signs are clear, their positions evident and their proofs are over-powering. And while all the sects coil themselves around vain desires and prefer the blind-following of opinion for the Ahlul-Hadeeth, the Book of Allah is their provision, the sunnah their proof, the Messenger their leader and his command (Hadeeth) is their ascription. They do not deviate upon vain desire, nor turn to mere conjecture. They accept what is reported by the Prophet (sallalahu alaihe wa- sallam) and are the trustworthy and reliable ones, who memorize the Deen and they are its treasures, its storehouses of knowledge and its bearers. If anyone differs about a Hadeeth then it is referred back to them. Their judgment is thus accepted and listened to. From them is every scholar and Imaam. They are the Saved Sect and their way is he straight one…” [7]
Allah will exalt in degree those of you who believe, and those who have been granted Knowledge.” [Soorah al-Mujaadilah (58): 11]
[1] Related by Ahmad (1/177). Ibn al-Mubaarak in Az-Zuhd (p.266) form Abdullah ibn Amr Sheikh Saleem al-Hilaalee authenticated it in al-ghurabah was Ghurabah (p. 16).
[2] [Sahraful – Ashaabul Hadeeth (p.26) of al-Khateeb al-Baghdadee]
[3] Related by al-Haakim in Ma’rifatu Uloomul – Hadeeth (p.3) and al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr declared its isnaad to be Saheeh in Fath al-Baare (13/ 293)
[4] Aqeedah: a set of belief that bind the Ahlus Sunnah together and distinguish them from the sects of innovation.
[5] Sharh Saheeh Muslim (13/67) of an-Nawawee.
[6] From the poetry of Hasan Ibn Muhammad an-Nasaawee as is quoted by al-Haafidh Diyaa ud-deen al-Maqdisee in his booklet Fadhul-Hadeeth wa Ahlihi.
[7] Sharaful Ashaabul Hadeeth (pp. 7-9)

Source.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.