/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reasons Why Muhammad (Not Jesus)

Zuko
08-16-2005, 07:13 PM
M. S. Abdullah's
Reasons Why Muhammad (Not Jesus)
Should be Ranked as Most Influential Person in History
M. S. Abdullah

I am a comparative religion student who would like to share my views on this list. I would like to shed some light as to the order of Muhammad and Jesus on this list. Please feel free to use this e-mail on your website.

I believe that Muhammad should be the first in the list even though Jesus was a great man, Muhammad was an even greater man and a greater influence to humanity. Michael Hart (a non-Muslim, in particular a Christian) was correct in taking a non-biased view and choosing Muhammad.

Just look at the statistics and history

Christianity (1.9+ billion people). 600 year head start on Islam

Islam (1.5+ billion people). Catching up at a rate of 10:1. Many of the converts are Atheists or Christians (including many Church leaders and ministers). By 2025 Muslims will out number Christians.

In America pre 9/11 40000+ people convert to Islam per year, post 9/11, people have became curious about what makes Muslims tick. They are now discovering that what Muslims like these do are completely in the opposite direction to the teachings of Muhammad and Islam, hence why the number of converts has increased to 78000+ a year.

Jesus' message was 2.4 years, Muhammad's 23 years

Jesus' had 120 followers at the end of his time on earth Muhammad had millions

Muhammad confirmed Jesus and believed in him, as Jesus said to his disciples whilst in the Garden of Gethsemane that someone would come to confirm him

Jesus said he came to the tribe of Israel only, Muhammad said he came to all mankind.

The different denominations of Christianity don't agree with each other about Mary, Jesus, the trinity, the many versions and revisions of the Bible etc, whereas the different denominations of Islam agree that Muhammad is the final Prophet, Jesus is a Prophet and performed miracles, God is One and Only, and the exact Quran as at the time of Muhammad is still used today by all the denominations, and the originals are still available.

10's of millions of Muslims have memorised the entire Quran all over the world, whereas no Christian has memorised the bible and if they did they would have to memorise their own version and would have to update their memorisations every time a new revision was released.

The bible that we know today was written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, John (who are they? Real name? Last name?) and Paul (Saul of Tarsus: A Christian Killer) who preached to the Gentiles which Jesus said not to do. None where direct disciples of Jesus.

What is known as Apocrypha today is the Gospels that the Roman (Origin Pagans: worshiped many gods, human gods etc) Catholic Church wanted to destroy because it denies the trinity and the divinity of Jesus and reveals the coming of another (Muhammad). "Eg. The Gospel of Barnabas was accepted as a Canonical Gospel in the Churches of Alexandria till 325 C.E. In 325 C.E., the Nicene Council was held, where it was ordered that all original Gospels in Hebrew script should be destroyed. An Edict was issued that any one in possession of these Gospels will be put to death" (http://www.barnabas.net/)

Jesus did not found Christianity and the Church (Paul did). Muhammad founded Islam.

Muhammad taught a way of life from birth to death. Things as simple as one should sit down when they put their shoes on etc (This has been medically proven that putting your shoes on whilst standing and hunching causes lower back pain). He taught every day life issues etc.

The Quran contains many scientific information that has been confirmed by science only in the last century. Would Muhammad have known all this stuff or is he a lucky guesser?

The world as we know it today was influenced by Islam, scientifically, mathematically, medically, agriculturally as well as through art etc. Islam promoted education for both men and women whereas the Church forbade it and called it blasphemy and the penalty was death to anyone who would go against the Church (http://www.pbs.org/empires/islam/ a documentary by non-Muslim American historians and lecturers in religion)

Islam is in no way derived from Zoroastrianism but follows on from Judaism as Christianity did.

The list can go on for many pages, but I think that has said enough.
So looking at the facts from a subjective point of view shows that there should be no doubt that Muhammad should be the first on the list.

Regards
M. S. Abdullah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M Ilyas
08-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Salaam sweet sorrow

you said:
Jesus' had 120 followers at the end of his time on earth Muhammad had millions
That is actually wrong, at the time of the prophets death there was approximately 120 000 muslims of which 12 000 remained in the province of hijaz and the rest went and never returned to spread the message of Islam

Regards

Zuko
08-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Salaam,

I'll correct the mistake insha'allah.. But I didn't write this article, it was written by a brother named M.S. Abdullah...

Salaam

Zuko
08-16-2005, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M Ilyas
Salaam sweet sorrow

That is actually wrong, at the time of the prophets death there was approximately 120 000 muslims of which 12 000 remained in the province of hijaz and the rest went and never returned to spread the message of Islam

Regards
Just want to ask, when you say prophet, you mean Muhammad or Isa?

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SonOFAhmadZ
09-05-2005, 04:19 AM
Salaam,
I'm new to this forum and I'm new to Islam but I was under the impression that Islam was not founded by Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), and that it had been around since Prophet Adam (Peace Be Upon Him). And if Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) did in fact found Islam, what did all the prophets before him preach?

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-05-2005, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SonOFAhmadZ
Salaam,
I'm new to this forum and I'm new to Islam but I was under the impression that Islam was not founded by Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), and that it had been around since Prophet Adam (Peace Be Upon Him). And if Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) did in fact found Islam, what did all the prophets before him preach?
:w:
You're correct that Islam is nothing new and that all the Prophet's preached Islam.

However, some people use the word 'Islam' unofficially in the sense to mean not just Islam but also including the Shari'ah (islamic law) of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Thus a statement like "Islam came at a time when the Arabs were in a dtate of ignorance" is not factually incorrect since they are referring to the Islamic system specifically brought by Prophet Muhammad. But the message of all the Prophets was the same message of Islam - to worship One God, to enjoin the good and forbid the evil. The specific laws may have varied between the Prophets but the essential message was the same. Thus, we can say that all Prophets were Muslims, because they all held the same beliefs despite the fact that their religious laws and practices may have differed.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any confusing matter in what I said.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.