/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where My Brothers At?

Umar001
06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
As Salam Aleykum Wa Rhametullahi Wa Berekatu,

I've been meaning to write this a while now, just never got round to it.

I have seen in the past a couple of threads dedicated to some brothers who had been locked up for various reasons, none the less they are brothers still. Just like a non-Muslim might have blood brothers who have gone prisons for terrible crimes but still love them and write to them, I thought it would only be justified that we write to our brothers, some of whom have not even be shown to be guilty. We should not feel a sense of guilt or shame in writing to them, since as I said non Muslims write to their relatives who are hardcore criminals and they are allowed to do as such, so we should be confident and should do the same for our brothers, even if they are criminals, not that I have seen anything either way.

Anyhow, with that over, I thought maybe we could sort this thread, instead of having various ones flying around, with adresses to people like Babar Ahmad and others in the same situation who maybe less known.

You don't have to write a letter, would be good if you did, but I was thinking that if each person who wanted gave me their permission I would write my personal stuff and also a greeting on their behalf, what you think?

So two things, collect the names and adresses and write your permission if you wish for you to be put in the letter, or better yet you could write a whole letter yourself.

I don't think theres anything wrong with this, and if there is someone please say.

Regards,

Eesa.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
06-14-2007, 06:32 PM
May Allah(swt) make it easy for them inshAllah...

carpetguy
06-14-2007, 06:34 PM
may allah make it easy for us all a,dn show us all the right paths. ameen

Murtaza01
06-15-2007, 03:44 PM
:sl:

I give you my permission to write your personal stuff and also a greeting on my behalf.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
06-16-2007, 11:29 PM
excellent campaign! a letter means so much to a prisoner, as does knowing that people care about them.
:thumbs_up

Umar001
06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
excellent campaign! a letter means so much to a prisoner, as does knowing that people care about them.
:thumbs_up
Is that a permission to use you too?

LABBAYK, carpetguy do I have your permissions?

EDIT:

It seems this will have to be postponed, aparently, the prison I was planning to sent to requires a return address which I cant give since I live with my mum who of course is non Muslim and would freak out if she saw me writing a letter to a muslim, let alone a muslim in jail.

We can still keep the thread going and I'll write the letters when I get my own place, if I do.

Al-Hanbali
06-16-2007, 11:47 PM
:salamext:

Yes bro, you have my permission. It is a great way to show our support to our brothers and sisters, so they do not lose hope and feel that the muslims have let them down and forgotten them. And we also should make lots of dua to Allah (SWT), that he grants them freedom from the injustices which they are going through.

snakelegs
06-17-2007, 01:05 AM
yes, you can use me. when you are able to do it, send me a PM and i'll send you details.
keep in mind though - i am female. (i'm old tho, so that might help)

Umar001
06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I wont need details just mention that theres this lady who is an agnostic and she says hi to and tell them abit about you :D

snakelegs
06-18-2007, 10:34 PM
that should give them something to wonder about! :D
when you're ready to do it, send me a PM. i'll be happy to help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.