/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Male Haircuts

m102313
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
:sl:

I remember a friend asking me a long time ago regarding haircuts.

Is it OK in Islam to have a haircut with borders and slits in ones hair and all kinds of designs around. As far as i know, this would be Haram.

Can someone shed some light on this please. And also provide evidence from the Qur'an or sunnah.

And if this is Haram, then what kind of haircut is permissible or Halal.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
ye i was wonderin if it wud b ok to hav blade 2 round the side and longer on top? or is that haram aswelL? :?

carpetguy
06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
islamically, u r correct brother it would be haram. islamically all hair must be 1 length.

Muezzin
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
ye i was wonderin if it wud b ok to hav blade 2 round the side and longer on top? or is that haram aswelL? :?
I'm pretty sure those are tattoos rather than styled hair in Blade 2.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
carpetguy
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
all;ah knows best

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2007, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
LOL!!!!!

naa man im sayin jus get a trimming machine and trim the sides down to blade two, meld it in so that it matches the blade 4 above.

where'd u get tatoos from? L:OL!!!!

Umar001
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Trying to be funny Mr one hit wonder?

Not blade 2 the film but size 2.

vpb
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
is it allright to get a haircut using only scissors?

m102313
06-14-2007, 04:05 PM
No the brother did not mean by tattoos, I'm sure he meant by the shortness, different blades give different depths.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

LOL now i understood his joke LLOLLLLLLLL ;D ;D

NoName55
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
:sl:
As I understand Re Hair styling for men:
  1. either cut it all (Haaji Style)
  2. or leave it all until it reaches shoulder length, then shorten it to earlobes, Estes style (no short sides and back, western army style)
:w:

Muezzin
06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

Ah. I've always just called it 'Number 2'. Though that sounds a bit like a bodily function.

m102313
06-14-2007, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by carpetguy
islamically, u r correct brother it would be haram. islamically all hair must be 1 length.
So does that mean it is allowed to have hair with designs and border, because usually with this haircut the hair is one length all the way round. Only not round the borders.

m102313
06-14-2007, 05:00 PM
This is what i mean by border, the line running along the side.

NoName55
06-14-2007, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
No,
http://www.islamicboard.com/766220-post12.html

this, yes

or this

m102313
06-14-2007, 05:08 PM
OK brother do you have any proof or evidence for this from the Qur'an or sunnah.

Because i'm not asking for myself, it is a friend of mine who has recently converted to Islam, and many people tell him it is not allowed. But he tells them that he will only believe if they get him the proof from the Qur'an or sunnah.

NoName55
06-14-2007, 05:26 PM
read
SUNNANUL FITRAH (THE SUNNAHS OF NATURE)

wa salaam

Noor
06-14-2007, 05:34 PM
AsalamuAlaikum,

In a nutshell, the hair-cut mentioned would be a form of imitating the kuffars. Emulating disbelievers is not of Islam. Allah knows best, I would avoid such a hair-cut.

WaAlaikumSalaam

m102313
06-14-2007, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

this, yes

or this

I know brother, i myself keep hairstyle similar to Yusuf Estes shown above.

I just need to an answer to reply back to the brother. So if you can provide with verses from the Qur'an or Hadiths to support it, rather than giving pictures of what should be kept.

m102313
06-14-2007, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
AsalamuAlaikum,

In a nutshell, the hair-cut mentioned would be a form of imitating the kuffars. Emulating disbelievers is not of Islam. Allah knows best, I would avoid such a hair-cut.

WaAlaikumSalaam
Can you support this by quoting from the Holy Qur'an or stating any Authentic Hadith.

Noor
06-14-2007, 05:42 PM
AsalamuAlaikum,

"Whoever imitates a group, then he is from amongst them" has been derived from two famous books of ahadeeth 'Mishkaat' and 'Abu Dawood' and is narrated by Hadhrat Ibn Umar (R.A). Whoever imitates a group (be they disbelievers or transgressors or even pious people), in acts of good or bad they will be regarded from amongst according to the sin or reward. By imitation here it is meant imitation in general, for example manners, clothing, figure and appearance, lifestyle etc. are included. That is why for those people who follow the trends of today and for example wear skin tight clothing, items of clothing which are unnecessarily torn in areas as part of its design, men who wear gold and silk, shave their beards or do not keep it according to the Sunnah and make fancy designs out of it, this hadeeth warns them of the severe punishment they are to expect if the they were to be raised with the disbelievers due to their acts of resemblance. Taking a look at the teachings and acts of the Holy Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him and of the Companions shows that even in matters that were optional and matters that were given preference to by Islam, the Holy Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him told us to refrain resembling them. Take for example the 10th date of the Islamic month of Muharram when it is preferable to keep fast. Due to the Jews also keeping fast on that same date, the Holy Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him ordered the Muslims to keep an extra day of fast, either on the 9th and 10th or the 10th and 11th if they had decided to keep fast on that day so as to not imitate the Jews. This just goes to show that even on small matters resemblance of the non-muslims is unacceptable. This message can also be seen in another hadeeth of the Holy Prophet Peace and Blessings be upon Him in which he orders us to oppose the polytheist by lengthening our beards and clipping our moustaches. This again is so that imitation of the wrong is not involved.

Haircuts
The imitation of different haircuts that we see being worn by our muslim youth is an indication towards how less interest they have in the way the shareeah has prescribed us to cut our hair. According to shareeah , hair should either be kept long and worn back i.e. until the hair from the tip of the forehead reaches midway to the earlobes, which is the minimum length, or up to the shoulders which is the maximum length. This sunnah style of hair is referred to as a 'zulfaa'. Male muslims can keep hair like this or they should cut the hair an even length all over. "

http://www.inter-islam.org/Prohibiti...ing.html#intro

m102313
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Thank you very much sis.

Mawaddah
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Ibn Umar Reported that the prophet saws saw a boy some portion of whose head was shaved and some of it was left out. So he prohibited them from that and said: Shave the entire of it or leave the entire of it!
- Narrated by Muslim

Muezzin
06-14-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
On the sideburn, or the side of the head, near the temple? I've not heard the term 'border' in relation to hair before.

Umar001
06-15-2007, 12:43 AM
Search on Islamqanda and you'll get a handful of ahadith, I searched this topic a while back...not that i keep my hair different ways.

nocturne
06-16-2007, 05:19 AM
so its wrong to just slope the sides and the back of your heaD?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.