PDA

View Full Version : Radio Station on islamicboard.com



-S-
06-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Asslamu alaykum

We are planning to launch an Islamic Internet Radio station to be broadcasting 24/7 across the Internet. It will be implemented on this forum with a link at the bottom where you can click listen Inshallah

What we planned to do is allocate slots to Members on this forum in other words if anyone is interested in doing their own radio show (Nasheed Show, talk show, debate show ) or whatever then this is your chance

There is no studio or anything you can simply broadcast from your own home. all you need is a microphone and winamp software and we will give you details as to what and how to do it quite simple!

The Station will be 100% Islamic Oriented meaning no Bollywood or english songs or anything like that on there :P

If you want do present a chat show with people calling in thats fine, if you want to do a show on say Fiqh, Islamic History stories or whatever then thats fine.

If anyone is interested Drop me a message Inshallah any questions feel free to ask here!
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
carpetguy
06-14-2007, 06:39 PM
hi, will you have advertising slots on their, and i think its great what you are doing, ope all works well for oyu
Reply

Helena
06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
mashAllah thats a brilliant idea....hope it takes place soon inshAllah...

i'd love to participate....but inshAllah i'll call in/text/ or email to show my support!!!

when is it likely to happen?...ohh wait... first of all we need to gather members whom will run the show....
Reply

carpetguy
06-14-2007, 06:44 PM
i agree, would also be good idea to have in advance collected good islamic nasheeds, and subjects to debate concverning youngers these days i.e. namaz in the work place, hijab, mixing of males and females and best ppl to do this would be mature muslim sisters as its already been done on radio ramadhan and worked very good
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
-S-
06-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by LABBAYK
mashAllah thats a brilliant idea....hope it takes place soon inshAllah...

i'd love to participate....but inshAllah i'll call in/text/ or email to show my support!!!

when is it likely to happen?...ohh wait... first of all we need to gather members whom will run the show....
well the sooner we can get people the better i guess :)

Originally Posted by carpetguy
hi, will you have advertising slots on their, and i think its great what you are doing, ope all works well for oyu
Yup Inshallah thats the plan!


If anyone wnats to present let me know ia! Its not that daunting :D
Reply

carpetguy
06-14-2007, 06:49 PM
how will you advertise and how much will it cost
Reply

Umar001
06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by carpetguy
i agree, would also be good idea to have in advance collected good islamic nasheeds, and subjects to debate concverning youngers these days i.e. namaz in the work place, hijab, mixing of males and females and best ppl to do this would be mature muslim sisters as its already been done on radio ramadhan and worked very good
Just shocked at the underlined part, for various reasons, I don't get why sisters, if anything, from what I have seen happen in the world brothers would end up drooling at their voices, I've seen it happen, on the other hand sisters dont do that when they hear a voice of abrother, well not normal sisters.

Also, are we really going to debate such issues? Would it not be more beneficial and less risky if we play lectures, read from books, and the likes?
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by carpetguy
how will you advertise and how much will it cost
Advertise will be like mini adverts or clips like 10,20,30 sec or whatever

not sure about the costs yet undecided bout that
Reply

Mesmerise
06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Just shocked at the underlined part, for various reasons, I don't get why sisters, if anything, from what I have seen happen in the world brothers would end up drooling at their voices, I've seen it happen, on the other hand sisters dont do that when they hear a voice of abrother, well not normal sisters.

Also, are we really going to debate such issues? Would it not be more beneficial and less risky if we play lectures, read from books, and the likes?
yeah, i agree with you there, but there are many people under the impression that sisters broadcasting their voices is okay. Allahu Alam.
Reply

Al-Hanbali
06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
:salamext:

Is there a way in which two or more members can host one show, from seperate places?
Reply

carpetguy
06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Just shocked at the underlined part, for various reasons, I don't get why sisters, if anything, from what I have seen happen in the world brothers would end up drooling at their voices, I've seen it happen, on the other hand sisters dont do that when they hear a voice of abrother, well not normal sisters.

Also, are we really going to debate such issues? Would it not be more beneficial and less risky if we play lectures, read from books, and the likes?
i see what u mean, but that wasnt the case when we had them on radio ramadhan, but i guess ur right, i dont know what other ppl thiught, best to steer clear of that then
Reply

Umar001
06-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by carpetguy
i see what u mean, but that wasnt the case when we had them on radio ramadhan, but i guess ur right, i dont know what other ppl thiught, best to steer clear of that then
I mean if it was someone giving knowledge a proper knowledgable sister which was neccesary then I'd guess I'd listen but if not then I'd find it difficult. Even brothers, in my view, should not speak in too 'cute' of a way and too much.

Specially the youth lol.
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad
:salamext:

Is there a way in which two or more members can host one show, from seperate places?
Yeh Through Skype
Reply

chacha_jalebi
06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
salaam

well count me in :D i wana do a show
Reply

Beblessed
06-14-2007, 07:33 PM
:sl:

Can you put like Quran, Islamic lectures, Islamic nasheeds and maybe poems to be read out :D ?

like someone can choose the surahs and which sheikh can be on the radio, same goes to the nasheeds and lectures :) inshallah

I mean like their favourite ones
hope u like my idea :)
Reply

Helena
06-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by -S-
Yeh Through Skype
THAT could be one possiblility inshAllah..on other hand brothers living locally could meet and choose a location to broadcast the show inshAllah.

The show could be based on different themes such as youth show, dealing with cases such as drug, crime, music and so on. The people whom are organizing the show ca bring guests that have gone through these circumstances.

Secondly children show can take place....where the performers can look into basic aspects in islam. ( then on the other hand it will be hard to get children to listen on air)....it cud happen.

Thirdly, another program can be based on only nasheed/poem/riddles/jokes/ articles/stories of our prophets/Quranic verses requests..where only literatures are obtainable.

Fourthly...live khutah can take place every friday inshAllah from makkah/madinah....or even from our local masjids. After khutah Quranic verses can be read out inshAllah..

Women show can be performed..how different issues are effecting the muslimahs. but if it is allowed to project womens voice on air?..Allahu Allaam..

A show also can demonstrate Q and A in islam....probably bring an well known guest/imams/lecturers to discuss issues in islam.

Furthermore a program could look more into depth of islam such as judgement day, Ramadan ( as its approaching soon)...basically the five pillars of islam. and others such as death/minor/major sins/characteristics of the muslims inshAllah..

jus realised we can look at issues of current affairs. that will represent how muslims in the west and around the world are getting effected by 9/11..7/7...bring in articles/lectures/inshAllah..

on other occasions we can put on live lectures from well renowned speakers..such as Zakir Naik/khalid yasin/yusuf estes/shuhaib webb and so on
.. to seek more knowledge inshAllah..

we could also have someone broadcasting the weather/news inshAllah ( roughly 10 mins each day to keep us informed about the world)

Lastly we can bring in riverts in Islam to examplefy how they came to Islam..

I see vision for this radio and hope it becomes successful inshAllah..

thats all i can think of now inshAllah.....anymore needs i'll be glad to help you out inshAllah....:)
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Salams

i got a few people pming me about issues and all

just to clear it up :)

There wont be any shows regarding Islamic Q&A or anything of that sorta stuff unless there is a scholar, im sure many of us are not qualified to host things like that so there wont be any of this

by chat shows what im refering to here is Current events issues and social issues that sorta stuff!

I tell you what i got a test stream online at the moment ill play the shows which we did last year for the rest of the nite inshallah so you'll get a jist of what im refering to

ill put it on about 10:45 - 11:00pm GMT Time about 30 mins after this post!
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
please let me know if i can have a part in this inshaAllah. i smell ajr :D
Reply

Helena
06-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

i got a few people pming me about issues and all

just to clear it up :)

There wont be any shows regarding Islamic Q&A or anything of that sorta stuff unless there is a scholar, im sure many of us are not qualified to host things like that so there wont be any of this

by chat shows what im refering to here is Current events issues and social issues that sorta stuff!

I tell you what i got a test stream online at the moment ill play the shows which we did last year for the rest of the nite inshallah so you'll get a jist of what im refering to

ill put it on about 10:45 - 11:00pm GMT Time about 30 mins after this post!
ohh ok ( jeez helena thanks for posting a page long post)..:rollseyes ...

inshAllah will wait....am jus getting a lil/very excited about this...lol..:)..sorry going beyound the topic..

may Allah make it bigger that can reach my thinking inshAllah..
Reply

Umar001
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
please let me know if i can have a part in this inshaAllah. i smell ajr :D
I hope we all get to taste the ajr not just smell it and then end up tasting sin.
Reply

Maidah
06-14-2007, 09:59 PM
this sounds like a very good idea. InshAllah with every1's help i hope this turns out to be beneficial and successful.

Hopefully we can all play a part in this and get some ajr.
Reply

iwuvaziaf
06-14-2007, 10:13 PM
where can we hear ittt??? its over 30 mins now..

sounds so cool.. u guyz r confident! maybe i can write a script and one of u bold brother/sister can read it :)

i wanna hear it now.. tell me quik.. cnt miss it!! man.. i didnt know there were such advanced things... broadcasting from home.. wow!
Reply

England
06-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Whoever hosts their own radio station put out a good word for me! I'm sure there's plenty...! :D
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I hope we all get to taste the ajr not just smell it and then end up tasting sin.
i seek refuge in Allah, make dua' for this weak bro :(
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Sorry guys

here click here and listen

http://72.236.163.122:9275/
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
06-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by England
Whoever hosts their own radio station put out a good word for me! I'm sure there's plenty...! :D
shout out to ma kaafir England, inshaAllah soon-to-be future mujaahid ;)
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
can u hear it does it load?
Reply

Umar001
06-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Is this a replay?

I can hear something about some poll and how kafirs are something lol about how the voted in the poll? Cant make it out. Presenter sounds tired.
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Yeh its replay..not very clear recording
ill leave it on till the next 6 hrs or so

theres gonan be topic of interacial marriages in islam, hijab and a host of current events stuff!
Reply

snakelegs
06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
this is great news! i think it will be a wonderful opportunity for members to gain valuable experience.
i like this idea very much.
Reply

iwuvaziaf
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
when is it gona go live bruv? and will it be in the uk? and on fm..?
Reply

Salaam
06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
salam,

no its going to be a online radio based in this forum, and you can broadcast from anywhere in the world.
Reply

-S-
06-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by iwuvaziaf
when is it gona go live bruv? and will it be in the uk? and on fm..?
Soon ia..not FM yet! not got to taht stage yet :)

watch this space :statisfie
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 04:24 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 02:10 AM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 03:52 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 06:24 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!