/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist attacks in Bangladesh

Bittersteel
08-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Islamic extremists have attacked they claimed also the attacks.There were bombings and everything.throuhgout the entire country.

Terrorists, actually not even Islamic.They claimd they wanted to restore the Sharia but I disagree with their method of doing it.

There were only injuries but so far no deaths.

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sena
08-17-2005, 07:44 PM
I read about attacks in Bangladesh in the newspaper this morning, horrible thing. may Allah protect people in Bangladesh....I hope nobody was hurt insAllah...

crazy
08-17-2005, 11:28 PM
i kno its really sad! personally i'm from there n i herd from my uncle from bangladesh, my mums bin tryin to cal evry1 2 c if der alryt! Alhamdulillah no-1 dat we kno wer injured- wel so far, u never kno wid dese extremists dey'll probz attak agen!

Safa
08-17-2005, 11:46 PM
So far there were two deaths and 125 injuries.I have family over there and Alhamdulillah no one I know was hurt.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...h-blasts_x.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
08-18-2005, 07:34 AM
2 deaths and 150 injured.

Uthman
08-18-2005, 09:11 AM

May Allah Guide them.

:w:

imaad_udeen
08-18-2005, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

May Allaah (swt) guide the secular government, why do they turn their backs on shariah and adopt these haraam systems!

What does that have to do with the murder of these people?

Zuko
08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
It is said that if a country doesn't rule with the shari'ah or Allah's law, then Allah sends poverty upon its people, sends an army out against them and there is much chaos among them...

Zuko
08-18-2005, 02:56 PM

The companion ‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbaas, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Five matters result when five things happen: If people break their covenant with Allah, He will send an enemy against them; If they rule by other than the Law of Allah, poverty will spread among them; If they become deceptive in trade, Allah will deprive them of crops and they will be struck with famine; And if they withhold the payment of Zakaah, they will be struck with drought." (Tabaraani).

In another narration the Prophet said: "If they break the covenant of Allah and His Messenger, Allah will send an external enemy against them who will seize some of their possessions; If they do not rule by the Book of Allah, nor attempt to implement everything in it, Allah will spread enmity among them."

This is a comprehensive clarification of the conditions for victory and the causes of defeat for the Muslim nation. Breaking the covenant of Allah and His messenger, or in other words, disobeying Allah and His messenger, is one of the reasons for its defeat and being subjugated by its enemies. Likewise, ruling by other than the rulings of Allah is the reason for the poverty, disunity and conflict, which is occurring among the Muslims.
Hope that makes things clear...

imaad_udeen
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
So is this how the terrorists justify murdering otherwise innocent people with suicide bombings and stuff?

Bittersteel
08-18-2005, 04:33 PM
there will be no compulsion in religion said Allah.

Zuko
08-18-2005, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
So is this how the terrorists justify murdering otherwise innocent people with suicide bombings and stuff?
First of all dude, I wasn't saying that justified terrorism in any way... What I meant was that because Muslims fail to follow the law of Allah, much chaos is present in their countries... This hadith along with present-day circumstances proves that without Allah, we are blind and are headed nowhere. Suicide bombings in my opinion have never and will never bring about any change or improvement.. Just more strife amongst people... And that includes the U.S.-led invasion into Iraq... I mean come on... We barely pray, and if we do, we rush through our prayers... When we fast, we complain throughout the entire day, when the companions of the prophet (SAW) used to fight in wars while fasting... I am assuming you are aware that the companions of the prophet (SAW) went through much difficulty and were almost always being persecuted for their belief in Allah... They complained about this to the prphet Muhammad (SAW) who shook his head and told them of how the people of the scriptures used to be tortured... He told them that what they went through (i.e. Khubab bin Al-Arat, who was stripped and forced to wear a suit of armor in the middle of the desert until he nearly died of dehydration, and when they put molten iron on his back which made his skin melt) was absolutely nothing compared to what the people of the scriptures went through... They'd be burned alive, but not without first having to see their kids being thrown into pits fo fire first... And look at us brother... We have EVERYTHING.... We have Allah, we have the Prophet (SAW) we have Al-Qur'an, yet we still complain about our state! We barely stay up at night praying to Allah, for the sake of Allah... We sit around, and I most definitely include myself in this, chatting, watching t.v., when none of this will benefit us in the hereafter... We neglect our prayers, and then we have the nerve to go begging Allah to save us from fitnah... when the root cause of this tribulation IS FROM US.... How pathetic can we get?!

You see Africa? You know what caused their downfall? The europeans came to Africa and traded wine for slaves... Yeah, its true... If it weren't for the European invasion of Africa, the african-american race would be the most powerful race in history...

Who do we have to blame but ourselves? Surely not Allah, because he warned us... Surely not George Bush or Tony Blair, because we are a strong nation, and if we would just stop and use our fat heads for some good use, we would be amongst the most powerful nations in history... We wouldn't have suicide bombers or invasions into our countries... The whole world would eb at peace, because that is what Islam is...

*GENERAL NOTE: If what I said is against the views of Islam, please by all means correct me, but if you just don't like what I have to say, deal with it and keep the comments to yourself...

Muezzin
08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
What does that have to do with the murder of these people?
Brother Abdul Aziz said in the first post that so far there are no deaths, only injuries. So it's a bit premature to call them 'murders'.

czgibson
08-18-2005, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet_sorrow
It is said that if a country doesn't rule with the shari'ah or Allah's law, then Allah sends poverty upon its people, sends an army out against them and there is much chaos among them...
Eh?

Like Britain, America, France, Germany, Japan - are they all really poor countries? Have they got armies invading them?

Zuko
08-18-2005, 06:32 PM
I Meant Muslim Countries...

czgibson
08-18-2005, 06:35 PM
I Meant Muslim Countries...
Oh, I see. I for one wouldn't be very happy with shariah law in Britain....

root
08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
You see Africa? You know what caused their downfall? The europeans came to Africa and traded wine for slaves... Yeah, its true... If it weren't for the European invasion of Africa, the african-american race would be the most powerful race in history...
You have mentioned nothing of the West's Industrial revolution devastating Africa. Nor have you bothered to look into the bad politics in Africa.

All you mention is "faith". I don't have much faith in you actually researching the subject matter at hand as opposed to peddling misguided reteric.

When people mention slavey I get mad. Hello, this is the year 2005!!!!!

imaad_udeen
08-18-2005, 06:57 PM
First of all dude, I wasn't saying that justified terrorism in any way...
Never thought you did.

Um, if the Europeans had not brought African slaves to America then there would be no African-Americans.

Also, do you realize that slavery has been a part of African history since there was an African history? Europeans did not inroduce slavery into African civilization. During tribal wars, one tribe would raid another tribe, and take prisoners who would become slaves. Eventually they would sell some of these slaves to the Europeans.

African regents and tribal leaders were just as guilty in exprting slavery as the Europeans were.

*GENERAL NOTE: If what I said is against the views of Islam, please by all means correct me, but if you just don't like what I have to say, deal with it and keep the comments to yourself...

Sorry, but this is a forum and if you dont want me commenting on your views then you probably shouldn't be publishing them here.

With all due respect...

imaad_udeen
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Brother Abdul Aziz said in the first post that so far there are no deaths, only injuries. So it's a bit premature to call them 'murders'.

ok, attempted murders. The fact that no-one has (yet) died does not change the intent of the attacks.

czgibson
08-19-2005, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim

If shariah was inplemented here it would be a blessing for this land and its people. Women ae raped here and it is part of the norm for this country, there are so many rape cases it is hardly even reported these days. Drugs to are out of control here and violence and crime is also bad. So yes i think if shariah was implemented you should be happy for this!

I stand by my previous statement.

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-19-2005, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Oh, I see. I for one wouldn't be very happy with shariah law in Britain....
Hi Callum,
Don't you think its a little premature to pass a judgement on a system without having studied it?

I'd be pleased to provide you with some articles on Shariah law.
This article discusses the objectives of Islamic law

I suppose the subject that is most relevant to the discussion is criminal punishments within Shariah law, so I recommend the following article for a comprehensive view:
Crime and Punishment in Islam

Regards

Ummu Amatullah
08-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Asallama Alaikum may Allah forgive the 2 people that died.If Islamic Law was established in Britian and America no doubt it would be thriving in every way possible.Jazakallah Ansar for the links bro czgibson hope it's useful.Best regards my bad salams.

quran4me
08-19-2005, 06:47 AM
salams brothers , all praise is due to allah and the peace and blessings be upon the prophet of all mankind,as to what follows, dear brothers in islam allah the most high says in the glourious quran{wa man lam yahkum bimaa anzala allahu fa ulaaaika humul kafiirun} translated {and whom soever
does not rule with what allah has reaveled for verily thay are the disbelivers} these brothers that have done these attacks insha allah may allah except them in the highest of paradises, and if any of your family got enjuird in the attacks thay insha allah will be with the martyrs on the day of judgment.
and the govenment of bangladsh are helping the americans to kill the mujahideen in iraq, these brothers are trying to help the brothers in iraq by trying to stop the govenment from killing our beloved brothers.so i ask allah to make us all from the patient .wa jazakumu ullahu khyran,wa salamu alykum wa rahmatu ukllahi wa barakatuh

czgibson
08-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Hello Ansar,

I would very much like to discuss Shariah law with you. Since it is off-topic on this thread, perhaps we could start a new one, or if one already exists you could move this post to it. Thank you for the links as well.
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Don't you think its a little premature to pass a judgement on a system without having studied it?
Don't you think it's a little premature to assume that I haven't studied Shariah law? Admittedly, my knowledge of it is not as extensive as yours (or others' on the forum), but I know enough about it to know that I would oppose such a system being introduced in Britain.

Briefly, here are my reasons for this view:

1. Capital punishment. Either killing is wrong, or it isn't. To say that it is wrong for a member of the public to kill, but that it is permissible for the state to kill that person seems to me to be hypocritical.

2. Punishment for theft. I believe that cutting off someone's hand is barbaric. Simple as that.

3. Banning of all intoxicants. I believe that everyone should have the right to use any intoxicant at all, if that is their wish. Contrary to current British law, I believe that all drugs should be legalised forthwith.

These are the main reasons why I would oppose the introduction of Shariah law in Britain. While I think the current British legal system is far from perfect, I do not think Shariah law would be a valid solution.

I have one question:

What would be the legal status of music and other art forms under Shariah law? Would music be banned, as it was (is?) in Iran? How about artworks which are perceived to be contrary or insulting to Islam, such as Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses"?

I believe this could be a most interesting discussion, but, as I said, perhaps on another thread.

Regards

czgibson
08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
New thread started:

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...0337#post70337

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.