/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Miswak Smell

Umar001
06-14-2007, 10:20 PM
As Salam Aleykum,

Just opened a new Miswak and boy it smells chemical, its all powdery as if cutting it just produces saw dust.

Smells proper chemical like.

Has anyone noticed that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
06-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Assalamu`Alaykum

Yea, you have to soak it in water for maybe a day. Then try using it.

Nawal89
06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Really?

I've never tried one in a packet before.

Only fresh, and they taste a bit funny at first but I wouldn't call it chemical-ly I think.

Umar001
06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
It doesnt taste too spicy like the other stuff alhamdulillah.

Nawal, well some of us dont get many fresh miswak sticks. Though there was this french brother who goes back and forth from yemen to Uk and he always sold fresh ones mashaAllah those are SPICY/JUICY.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
06-14-2007, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

Nawal, well some of us dont get many fresh miswak sticks. Though there was this french brother who goes back and forth from yemen to Uk and he always sold fresh ones mashaAllah those are SPICY/JUICY.
That was me posting under my sisters name unknowingly :-[

I wonder why Muslims dont start growing Miswaak trees over there? Or is the climate not suitable?

And Spicy/Juicy ones are the Best! That crumbly thing you described just now just dont sound right........

Ra`eesah
06-14-2007, 10:39 PM
oh is it that one, those are nasty sorry. Really bad. After using it you need to brush your teeth again. Have you people tried the flavored ones? Like mint, strawberry. lemon oh my Allaah that one is horrid. Stay away from the imitation Knock off miswaks

Umar001
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
That was me posting under my sisters name unknowingly :-[
And people say Amirah knows passwords?

I wonder why Muslims dont start growing Miswaak trees over there? Or is the climate not suitable?
Probably is, but there are some trees which are OK, like before I became Muslim my mum used to pick from certain trees here in the uk and use them as siwak, I dont know which type of trees she used I never used to pay attention.

And Spicy/Juicy ones are the Best! That crumbly thing you described just now just dont sound right........
They are about strong though the spicy/juicy ones. I know the crumbly thing was pretty worrying.

Mawaddah
06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I heard about the ones with flavors! Ya Allah they already sound horrible. Just chew some gum innit if you want strawberry flavor etc etc etc.

I strongly suspect that those type of stuff may help to erode your teeth instead of cleanse it lol

Umar001
06-14-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
oh is it that one, those are nasty sorry. Really bad. After using it you need to brush your teeth again. Have you people tried the flavored ones? Like mint, strawberry. lemon oh my Allaah that one is horrid. Stay away from the imitation Knock off miswaks
Yea once a bro gave me a free mint one and once a bro gave me a free cinnamon one. They were ok.

Trust I was worried so I prepared to glasses of water besides me right now. Funny think is that this miswak looks like sand more than stick colourwise.

F@tim@
06-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Yh like Ra'eesah said i think you have to soak them first. Oh yh and you can try putting them in the fridge aswell...i do that!
But honestly the smell of fresh miswaak is top!

Al_Imaan
06-15-2007, 12:12 AM
my uncle bought like a dozen back from Saudi when he went for Hajj a few months ago...it's the first time i tried miswaak and it seems perfect and fresh smellin'...maybe that's just because its not the "wannabe" miswaak"..:p

Umar001
06-15-2007, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
my uncle bought like a dozen back from Saudi when he went for Hajj a few months ago...it's the first time i tried miswaak and it seems perfect and fresh smellin'...maybe that's just because its not the "wannabe" miswaak"..:p
How did he keep them fresh?

format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
Yh like Ra'eesah said i think you have to soak them first. Oh yh and you can try putting them in the fridge aswell...i do that!
In the fridge? Sister that just sounds wierd. I mean I understand soaking but in the fridge? What does that do to help?

I strongly suspect that those type of stuff may help to erode your teeth instead of cleanse it lol
:blind:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-15-2007, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
As Salam Aleykum,

Just opened a new Miswak and boy it smells chemical, its all powdery as if cutting it just produces saw dust.

Has anyone noticed that?
my ones normally smell sweet bro

lol didnt notice this chemical smell your talking about but i remember the first time i ever chewed a miswaak i had to quickly spit out the taste, i dont know why that was :S

Salama
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by F@tim@
^Agreed

Khubaib
09-28-2018, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar001
As Salam Aleykum,

Has anyone noticed that?
I live in Pakistan and we can get miswak from 10-50 Rs (about 10-50 cents). I just got a miswak but in the middle it was red. I don't know why it is. Also it is zaitoon miswak.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.