/* */

PDA

View Full Version : News Online From Every Country.

syilla
06-15-2007, 01:45 AM
:salamext:

Can you please post me your trusted online news from your country?

Thank you and best regards,

Jazakallah khayr.

Wassallam

p/s : my fav online news would be www.bernama.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
06-15-2007, 01:48 AM
I love reading news from a newspaper (the ones that you can hold and recycle it), and my favourite newspaper is The Star. I've been reading it since 1991.:D

glo
06-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Online for me would have to be the BBC.
All media are biased, of course, and I am sure the BBC is no exception ... but still one of the more balanced sources I know ...

Skillganon
06-15-2007, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I love reading news from a newspaper (the ones that you can hold and recycle it), and my favourite newspaper is The Star. I've been reading it since 1991.:D
Woooah. That is a long time. They should give you a star.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
06-15-2007, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Star is thick with advertisements. :blind:

north_malaysian
06-15-2007, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Star is thick with advertisements. :blind:
yeah... it's so heavy that you can kill a cockroach with it...:okay:

north_malaysian
06-15-2007, 01:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Woooah. That is a long time. They should give you a star.
Yeah... they should. :thumbs_up

snakelegs
06-15-2007, 02:01 AM
the only u.s. media i trust is democracynow.org which i listen to on the radio.
i use a variety of sources on line. my main one is antiwar.com - they're based in australia but they use sources from all over the world.
p.s. - i should add that you can listen to democracy now online too.

north_malaysian
06-15-2007, 02:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
the only u.s. media i trust is democracynow.org which i listen to on the radio.
i use a variety of sources on line. my main one is antiwar.com - they're based in australia but they use sources from all over the world.
p.s. - i should add that you can listen to democracy now online too.

I wonder what the neo-cons are thinking about ya! :rollseyes

Philosopher
06-15-2007, 02:18 AM
BBC is good. Avoid FOX News and CNN

*noor
06-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Most channels are biased. Actually, I think all of them are so I can't really pick one that can be trusted.

snakelegs
06-15-2007, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor
Most channels are biased. Actually, I think all of them are so I can't really pick one that can be trusted.
that's why the only news source i trust in u.s. is democracynow.org. it's not corporate sponsored.
if you really want to be well informed, you should never rely on any one source, but read varied sources.

north_malaysian
06-15-2007, 07:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
BBC is good. Avoid FOX News and CNN
Malaysians have no access to FOX News... I wonder how biased the channel could be.

lyesh
06-15-2007, 08:39 AM
:sl:

this is the maldivian news website :)
http://www.haveeru.com.mv/beta/english/

Muezzin
06-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I like reading Google News as it collates news stories from many different news sources. Maybe you will like that too.

syilla
06-18-2007, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lyesh
:sl:

this is the maldivian news website :)
http://www.haveeru.com.mv/beta/english/
Maldivian doctor nominated for Malaysia Orthopedic Association annual award
| DATE: 2007-06-17 |

Malaysia Orthopedic Association has nominated Maldivian Doctor Yousuf Shan for the annual Mahmood Merican Award. The award is given at the association’s annual and scientific meeting to newcomer doctors.

The prestigious award is named after one of Malaysia’s finest orthopedic doctors, Doctor Mahmood Merican and was initiated in 1997. The award is given in recognition to high standards of research and scientific presentations among upcoming doctors.

In addition to Doctor Shan, four other Malaysian doctors have also been nominated for the award. A total of 22 doctors from Malaysia had submitted their names for the nomination.
i just read this... :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.