/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photography competition?

MuslimWays
06-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Assalamualykum,

Would you take part in a photography competition?

The winner will get some kind of prizes, which hasn't been decided yet, but want to see if anyones interested.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
.:Umniyah:.
06-15-2007, 08:28 AM
whats the details bro?

Gangster No.1
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I am not sure?

but photograpghy is haram i fink, well i no that drawing pictures is definaltley.

allah knows best.

MuslimWays
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
We are deciding on all the details at the moment, so far we have decided we will have a theme for 2 months, for example the first theme will be nature, so people can send in photos of only nature... then we let the visitors vote for the best one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimWays
06-15-2007, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
I am not sure?

but photograpghy is haram i fink, well i no that drawing pictures is definaltley.

allah knows best.
I think it depends on what the photo contains, fortunately we will not accept photos of living creatures, such as human, animals etc etc, just to be on the safe side.

Gangster No.1
06-15-2007, 08:44 AM
kewl.

S.A.
06-15-2007, 09:24 AM
I dont think such threads shud be encouraged, because it seems to me that u r talking abt soem serious photography. WaAllahu Alam.

God Guide Us All.

BlissfullyJaded
06-15-2007, 09:27 AM
:sl:

^ What's wrong with photography of inanimate objects?

Sounds interesting...I might participate after you give more details and I have the time.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-15-2007, 09:41 AM
photography sounds fun, so we just take a picture of anything which looks good? lol shudnt be too difficult

MuslimWays
06-15-2007, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
I dont think such threads shud be encouraged, because it seems to me that u r talking abt soem serious photography. WaAllahu Alam.

God Guide Us All.
I am sorry sis, but I don't understand what your trying to say? We merely want fellow Muslims to participate in doing something together which complies within the Shariah law.

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with taking photograph of non-living things, such as trees, nature, sunset etc etc. If i'm wrong please provide evidence, so we can avoid getting sins.

S.A.
06-15-2007, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimWays
I am sorry sis, but I don't understand what your trying to say? We merely want fellow Muslims to participate in doing something together which complies within the Shariah law.

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with taking photograph of non-living things, such as trees, nature, sunset etc etc. If i'm wrong please provide evidence, so we can avoid getting sins.
Salam,

By serious photography, sorry that itwasnt clear, i meant photography of animals as well, u know living things. But im glad that you have given us all a hint onto the content of the competition.

And inshallah we shall not be invollved in any sin.

Massalamah.

Helena
06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
it seems interesting...

do we take pictures of random stuff...is it islamic -related?....

....artist prefer anything that expresses something...wish i cud understand that...

LFC
06-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh hey sis, aren't you on Ummah too? :D

evangel
06-16-2007, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gangster No.1
I am not sure?

allah knows best.
I think I understand what you are talking about. From what I've read the representation of living objects (i.e. people and animals) is forbidden to stop idol worship and that most Islamic art is geometric type mosaics and flowers and such.
When it comes to photographic and video images I have seen many Islamic leaders, clerics and the like. For a passport a Muslim will have his or her picture taken right?

MuslimWays
06-16-2007, 09:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
it seems interesting...

do we take pictures of random stuff...is it islamic -related?....

....artist prefer anything that expresses something...wish i cud understand that...
For the first competition in July, it will be nature only. not restricted to Islamic stuff...

The Ruler
06-16-2007, 11:04 AM
:sl:

yup...anything to shape my photography skills.

:w:

MuslimWays
08-17-2007, 11:39 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.