/* */

PDA

View Full Version : miracles happen,but why in arabic????????

sem
06-15-2007, 07:42 PM
:sl: i was wondering,you know when people experiance miracles its always the name of god(ALLAH),do those without faith not ask themselves why its always in arabic,this questions been bugging me,that do they not understand that islam is true that everytime a miracle is witnessed its always in arabic,so cant this be the starting point to begin to believe there is a god?????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't know what you mean by miracles just being witnessed in Arabic. :?

For those who already believe in God it is easy to see miracles as proof of God's existance.
It is not uncommon for non-believers to come to believe in God because they have experienced a miracle or divine encounter, which was strong enough to convince them of God's existance.
Others still remain unconvinced ...

This Bible verse seems pretty fitting (originally this was a prophecy by the prophet Isaiah, but it is repeated in the new Testament on several occasions):
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:
" 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.' But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."

(Matthew 13: 14-17)
Peace

vpb
06-15-2007, 09:56 PM
let's not talk about bible's prophecies, cuz we know how good they are.

glo
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
let's not talk about bible's prophecies, cuz we know how good they are.
Forgive me, vpb, but I believe you are missing the point I was trying to make.

The point is - and I chose to use beforementioned Bible verse (which just happens to be a prophecy) because it describes it very well - that some people just fail to see God's presence and his divine intervention and miracles in their lives.

I apologise if using a Bible scripture has caused you offence, and I invite the mods to remove it from the post, if it is considered inappropriate.

Peace, brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
06-15-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sem
:sl: i was wondering,you know when people experiance miracles its always the name of god(ALLAH),do those without faith not ask themselves why its always in arabic,this questions been bugging me,that do they not understand that islam is true that everytime a miracle is witnessed its always in arabic,so cant this be the starting point to begin to believe there is a god?????
:sl:
this topic has been done to death and IMHO is of no benefit whatsoever for miracles of Allah are all around me. I do not need to look for his name written in fruit & veg or clouds in Arabic or any language. the fact that I am alive is a miracle. every cell in one's body is a miracle

anyhow checkout this post
http://www.islamicboard.com/756810-post9.html
in
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-his-name.html

and/or click > The Signs of Allah

:w:

vpb
06-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Forgive me, vpb, but I believe you are missing the point I was trying to make.

The point is - and I chose to use beforementioned Bible verse (which just happens to be a prophecy) because it describes it very well - that some people just fail to see God's presence and his divine intervention and miracles in their lives.

I apologise if using a Bible scripture has caused you offence, and I invite the mods to remove it from the post, if it is considered inappropriate.

Peace, brother.
what can I say other than :) to you for your kind post :).
I just wish some non-muslims in this forum would be like u .

sem
06-15-2007, 11:15 PM
hi there again,what i mean is that miracles are always in arabic,has there ever been any miracles in english or in the hebrew language???????
if uve seen theres always the word ALLAH written on fruits etc,i also experianced a miracle ,which was in arabic too,what im trying to say is that why cant it be in any other language ,why arabic?????
this for me,means islam is a true religion as the miracle was in the language of god(ALLAH).
the one problem i faced when i showed my miracle to the non muslims was they didnt believe me,but my R.S teacher did believe as she was a christian,she did have the islamic knowledge,therefore she knew that it said ,but it didnt lead her to believe in islam,.
by the way thanx for putting in the effort of answering my question and even providing a quote from the bible.

NoName55
06-15-2007, 11:20 PM
for me,means islam is a true religion as the miracle was in the language of god(ALLAH)
I must be very silly for I believe Allah knows all languages.
What was language of Hazrat Eesa Alaisalam? or Hazrat Musa Alaisalaam? or Hazrat Aadam Alaisalaam?

snakelegs
06-15-2007, 11:22 PM
miracles happen in no language!
they are beyond language.

vpb
06-15-2007, 11:24 PM
miracles happen in no language!
yep, agree. a miracle can happen without a language.
miracle is just something that breaks the laws of how the universe works.

sem
06-15-2007, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I must be very silly for I believe Allah knows all languages.
What was language of Hazrat Eesa Alaisalam? or Hazrat Musa Alaisalaam? or Hazrat Aadam Alaisalaam?
i didnt say that ALLAH doesnt know all languages,did i say that brother .what im saying is that miracles are always in arabic.thats all

sem
06-15-2007, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
miracle is just something that breaks the laws of how the universe works.
so ur sayn that the name of ALLAH on a fruit is not a miracle.
it does break the laws of nature,if its not in a language,how then do we understand it????

glo
06-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Ahh, now the thread has moved on a little, I realise what you meant by miracles in Arabic.

There are many reported (and recorded) incidents from other religions of holy people appearing in items of food, the clouds, grains of wood or other places ...
Even Elvis and other non-religious people/objects have been spotted in toast ...

Perceptions of religious imagery in natural phenomena include perceptions of religious imagery and themes, especially the faces of religious figures, in ordinary phenomena. Many instances that are reported involve images of Jesus or other Christian figures seen in food, but it has an equivalent in the Muslim world where structures in food and other natural objects are perceived as religious text in Arabic, particularly the word Allah or verses from the Qur'an. Many religious believers view them as real depictions of miraculous origin; the predominant scientific view is that such perceptions are examples of pareidolia.
You will find a whole set of examples, including pictures, when you scroll down this wikipedia page.

The scientific explanation for such phenomena (whether we choose to accept it or not) is that of pareidolia, the human brains ability to see recognisable objects in random patterns:
Pareidolia characterizes such imagery as a form of pareidolia, a false perception of imagery due to what is theorized as the human mind's oversensitivity to perceiving patterns, particularly the pattern of a human face, in otherwise random phenomena.

It is suggested that a tendency of religious imagery in Islam to be perceived as Arabic words is made more likely by the general simplicity of letter forms in the Arabic alphabet (especially in the everyday Riq'a); a tradition of massive typographical flexibility in Islamic calligraphy; and the particular shape of the word Allah (الله). These factors make the word easy to read into many structures with parallel lines or lobes on a common base
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia)
That's not to say that for us believers such occurences do not hold a special meaning, and that we do not see them as a sign of God's presence in our lives.
What's truly worrying is when such objects become religious paraphenalia, which are turned into idols!! :uuh:

It is up to each of us to decide how much importance we give them.

Interesting topic! :)

Peace

vpb
06-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Who said that the name of Allah on the fruit is not a miracle???
miracles happen in no language! they are beyond language.
does this look like I'm saying that a miracle cannot happen in language?? I just statet the option that it can happen without language. no wether snakelegs, meant that "miracle cannot happen in language at all", or not, that's not my problem. that is his opinion. But my opinion stated that there is an option that miracles happen with no language.

it does break the laws of nature,if its not in a language,how then do we understand it????
sis , please think before you speak.
when the sea was splitted for Moses, during the time of Pharoh, was it a miracle with language??

so miracles can happen with or without language. Both can happen. Most of times we have miracles without language. so please don't rush on making such comments.

Allah knows best.
:w:

sem
06-16-2007, 12:48 PM
vpb.calm down,ur getting argumentative,jus chill out will ya

Malaikah
06-16-2007, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
You will find a whole set of examples, including pictures, when you scroll down this wikipedia page.
So many people claiming to see Jesus!

I wonder how they know what he looked like! :giggling:

glo
06-16-2007, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

I guess you can see it on the toast ... :giggling:

Personally, I cannot get too excited about any religious phenomenon of that kind ... surely there are more meaningful ways for God to influence our lives, to express his guidance, his comfort and his love for us, than by appearing (whether as picture on in arabic script) in the clouds, toast or vegetables! :rollseyes

What do you think, sister?

Peace

glo
06-16-2007, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I do not need to look for his name written in fruit & veg or clouds in Arabic or any language.
Good post, brother.

Still, it got me wondering ... if I pulled a slice of bread out of the toaster with the apparent image of Jesus on it, what would I do ...??? :?

Equally, if you found the name of Allah in arabic script inside a piece of fruit, what would you do? Just eat it? Or take a picture and post it on LI? Keep it? Or anything else?

Just pondering ... what do you think? :)

sem
06-16-2007, 01:50 PM
personally i would take plenty of pics,show every1,and then eat it.lol,couldnt leave the fruit to rott,its better eating it.

vpb
06-16-2007, 01:53 PM
vpb.calm down,ur getting argumentative,jus chill out will ya

I have to admit that you did upset me a little bit with that question like I was some sort of person who doesn't believe miracles of Allah can happen on language.

ok, now i'm calm :)

ranma1/2
06-16-2007, 01:57 PM
if uve seen theres always the word ALLAH written on fruits etc,i also experianced a miracle ,which was in arabic too,what im trying to say is that why cant it be in any other language ,why arabic?????

sigh..?
so you are saying finding words on stuff is a miracle?

Its nothing new and is considered pattern recognition.
I can find english words on the tile on my floor or on the patterns on my wall.
People see Jesus in toast, virgin mary in water stains. etc..

So no miracles like these are only machinations of the human mind.

ranma1/2
06-16-2007, 01:59 PM
want to see a picture of micky mouse on a cow?

a face on mars?

Malaikah
06-16-2007, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Personally, I cannot get too excited about any religious phenomenon of that kind ... surely there are more meaningful ways for God to influence our lives, to express his guidance, his comfort and his love for us, than by appearing (whether as picture on in arabic script) in the clouds, toast or vegetables! :rollseyes
Well, I do find my self feeling a bit amazed when I see something that does look like a miracle. But most of the 'miracles' out there are a bit (or a lot) too iffy for me... like they thing it says Allah but it is just scribble to me... then you have others that really make me go 'wow'...

I'm not too fused about it, especially considering the devil can make things occur that look like miracles but aren't.

I agree there are better ways for religion to influence us.

glo
06-16-2007, 02:17 PM
personally i would take plenty of pics,show every1,and then eat it.lol,couldnt leave the fruit to rott,its better eating it.
LOL

Welcome to your full membership, sister! :)

Panther
06-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I have a plainly-coloured textured wallpaper in my bedroom, and if I squint at it in the mornings after waking up I can see dragons on it!

Someday I might connect the dots, should I ever choose to redecorate. I could make some neat pictures!

sem
06-28-2007, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
want to see a picture of micky mouse on a cow?

a face on mars?
well seeing mickey mouse on a cow or ya face on the moon,wouldnt be a miracle,but seeing something in arabic,and which woul have a religious meaning would be considered as a miracle,wouldnt it?/??

snakelegs
06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

well, he looked remarkably like a european - didn't you know that? ;D

snakelegs
06-28-2007, 11:51 PM
i've seen pictures where people have seen hebrew letters on something and i can see them too. but i really wonder about this stuff......:rollseyes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.