/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 500 Years of Worship

Pk_#2
05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Bismillah

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Angel Jibrail (as) told Rasulullah (peace be upon him) the follwing incident about a man in the past who worshipped Allah Ta'ala continuously for 500 years. He was granted a shelter on top of a mountain that was surrounded by salty water. However, Allah caused a stream of sweet water to flow through the mountain for that individual. The man would drink from this water and use it to make ablution. Allah Ta'ala also raised a pomegranate tree from which the man would eat one fruit every day.

One day, this person supplicated to Allah that, "Oh Allah, bring my death while I am in the state of prostration." Allah accepted this dua of his. Whenever Jibrail (as) came down to the Earth, he found this man prostrating to Allah. Jibrail (as) said that on the day of Judgement, Allah will tell the angels to take this individual to Paradise through His mercy. However, this man will insist that he should enter paradise through the good deeds that he had performed.

Then, Allah will tell the angels to compare his good deeds with the blessings that were given to him in the world. It will be seen that 500 years of his worship does not even equal to the gift of eye sight that was given to him by Allah. The angels will be asked to take him towards the hell fire. Then the man will plead, "Oh Allah! Enter me into Paradise only through Your mercy." At that point, the following discussion will take place between Allah and that man.

Allah: Oh my servant, who created you?

The worshipper: Oh Allah, You have created me.

Allah: Were you created because of the good deeds you have done or because of My mercy?

The worshipper: Because of Your mercy.

Allah: Who granted you the ability to worship for 500 years?

The worshipper: Oh the Almighty! You have granted me that ability.

Allah: Who placed you on the mountain surrounded by the ocean? Who caused a stream of sweet water to flow in between the salty water? Who caused a pomegranate tree to grow for you? Who granted you death while in the state of prostration?

The worshipper: Oh the Sustainer of the Worlds! You have done all of these.

Then Allah will say, "All these have happened due to My mercy and you too will enter Paradise only through My Mercy."

SubhanAllah! :D

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
can we hav a source:p

na lol mashallah

the mercy of Allah (swt) i hope we all benefit from it

Ghira
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
I love this story and remind me of a hadith of the Prophet (saw) where he said,

"None of you will enter Paradise with his deeds", They said: "Not even you, oh Messenger of Allah?!", He said: "Not even me unless Allah bestows His mercy upon me."

JazakAllahu khaira for sharing it is a wonderful story and should be shared to us all because it is so true. Allah created us and the acts that we do.

NobleMuslimUK
05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
:sl:
The moral of the story, we should never let pride of our good deeds take over our mindframe and never forget that Allah SWT is the most merciful, indeed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unknown_JJ
06-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Angel Jibrail (as) told Rasulullah (peace be upon him) the follwing incident about a man in the past who worshipped Allah Ta'ala continuously for 500 years. He was granted a shelter on top of a mountain that was surrounded by salty water. However, Allah caused a stream of sweet water to flow through the mountain for that individual. The man would drink from this water and use it to make ablution. Allah Ta'ala also raised a pomegranate tree from which the man would eat one fruit every day.

One day, this person supplicated to Allah that, "Oh Allah, bring my death while I am in the state of prostration." Allah accepted this dua of his. Whenever Jibrail (as) came down to the Earth, he found this man prostrating to Allah. Jibrail (as) said that on the day of Judgement, Allah will tell the angels to take this individual to Paradise through His mercy. However, this man will insist that he should enter paradise through the good deeds that he had performed.

Then, Allah will tell the angels to compare his good deeds with the blessings that were given to him in the world. It will be seen that 500 years of his worship does not even equal to the gift of eye sight that was given to him by Allah. The angels will be asked to take him towards the hell fire. Then the man will plead, "Oh Allah! Enter me into Paradise only through Your mercy." At that point, the following discussion will take place between Allah and that man.

Allah: Were you created because of the good deeds you have done or because of My mercy?

The worshipper: Because of Your mercy.

Allah: Who granted you the ability to worship for 500 years?

The worshipper: Oh the Almighty! You have granted me that ability.

Allah: Who placed you on the mountain surrounded by the ocean? Who caused a stream of sweet water to flow in between the salty water? Who caused a pomegranate tree to grow for you? Who granted you death while in the state of prostration?

The worshipper: Oh the Sustainer of the Worlds! You have done all of these.

Then Allah will say, "All these have happened due to My mercy and you too will enter Paradise only through My Mercy."

'Abd al-Baari
06-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Subhanallah!

May Allah swt forgive us all and grant us all Jannah..Ameen

Jazakallah Khair for sharing :)

Pk_#2
06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
wow subhanAllah AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh Wa Maghfiratuh

JJ * :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-15-2007, 10:48 PM

Subhanallaah, I was searching for this narration a few days ago. Can you please provide the reference of it? (If you can, the Hadith book, authenticity, etc). Very appreciated!!

sem
06-15-2007, 11:47 PM
wicked,thanks for the post,its beautiful,am gna tell ma friends about this,not heard this before.thnx jj

DAWUD_adnan
06-16-2007, 12:05 AM

SubhanAllah!!:laugh:

Abdul-Raouf
06-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Great info..

Jazakallah khair

IbnAbdulHakim
06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
i rememba wen i first joined this forum, i went thru every short story in the short stories section, subhanAllah i definitly came across this Alhamdulillah. Amazing..

Khayal
06-16-2007, 02:48 AM

JazakAllah khair!!

:w:

MustafaMc
06-16-2007, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
I love this story and remind me of a hadith of the Prophet (saw) where he said,

"None of you will enter Paradise with his deeds", They said: "Not even you, oh Messenger of Allah?!", He said: "Not even me unless Allah bestows His mercy upon me."

JazakAllahu khaira for sharing it is a wonderful story and should be shared to us all because it is so true. Allah created us and the acts that we do.
These hadith show that we Muslims do not try to "earn" Paradise by our good deeds and our worship. We certainly rely upon the Mercy of Allah and we should be thankful for the blessings of life indeed.

nocturne
06-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Sometimes, we get ahead of ourselves and think we will go to Jannah if he have done enough good deeds.

This is a beautiful narration,and may Allah bestow his mercy on all of us.

vpb
06-16-2007, 05:26 AM
^^ ameen to the dua.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.