/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I WISH I WAS someone else

AnonymousPoster
06-15-2007, 10:22 PM
SALAM! ARGHH i wish i was skinny taller lighter i wish my teeth were better nothin about me stands out i hate ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttt i wish i was intelligent:laugh::cry: i am probably gonna get attaked for bein shallow ! wouldnt be the 1 time is easier to judge

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HBot 5000
06-16-2007, 10:04 AM
W should be happy with what Allah :arabic4: has given us. Are you a teenager? This can me a difficult time with all those hormones floating around your body :alright:

ummAbdillah
06-16-2007, 10:29 AM
:salamext:
Be grateful to Allah (swt) for all that he has blessed you with. Do not listen to the evil wispers of satan who wants to make you an ungrateful servant. Think of everything that Allah has blessed you with and say Alhamdulilah!

وَلِسَانًا وَشَفَتَيْنِ

090.008 Have We not made for him a pair of eyes?-

وَهَدَيْنَاهُ النَّجْدَيْنِ

090.009 And a tongue, and a pair of lips?-

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ كُلُواْ مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَاشْكُرُواْ لِلّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ

002.172 O ye who believe! Eat of the good things that We have provided for you, and be grateful to Allah, if it is Him ye worship.

وَلَقَدْ مَكَّنَّاكُمْ فِي الأَرْضِ وَجَعَلْنَا لَكُمْ فِيهَا مَعَايِشَ قَلِيلاً مَّا تَشْكُرُونَ

[7.10] And certainly We have established you in the earth and made in it means of livelihood for you; little it is that you give thanks.

وَهُوَ الَّذِي أَنشَأَ لَكُمُ السَّمْعَ وَالْأَبْصَارَ وَالْأَفْئِدَةَ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَشْكُرُونَ

023.078 It is He Who has created for you (the faculties of) hearing, sight, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is ye give!

:) May allah (swt) pardon us for complaining.
:w:

Samira_01
06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Asalamu 3leykum

be happy of what u have .. remeba the others who dunt even have eyes or anything dats missing from there body and wished dey were at ur place

REMEBA the people whu are blind ? .. they wished they culd see the beautiful world that Allah has created!!!.. Dunt forget all those people :cry:

i realise nowadays.. people dont say Alhamdulilah and always ask for more
and remeba sister/bro THE MORE YOU THANK ALLAH THE MORE YOU GET :)

wa3leykum Salaam :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Panther
06-16-2007, 03:03 PM
I know it sounds harsh, but you'll never be anyone else, so you'd best learn to live with who you are. It can always be worse.

Abdul-Raouf
06-16-2007, 03:05 PM
ALLAH knows best.... If HE has given u something.... accept it kindly... never blame .... if u r patient till ur death... ALLAH will be surely happy about you...

unknown_JJ
06-16-2007, 03:08 PM
hmm taller aye... im short ... n me went 2 teach som kidz aged 7-9 in a school 2day....n dey askd if i woz a student or a teacher!! :'( lool. Allah knowz best sis dw its kool 2 me lil hehe

BanGuLLy
06-16-2007, 03:08 PM
stop wishin and start doin to achieve those... and be happy with wat u have..

*noor
06-16-2007, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
hmm taller aye... im short ... n me went 2 teach som kidz aged 7-9 in a school 2day....n dey askd if i woz a student or a teacher!! :'( lool. Allah knowz best sis dw its kool 2 me lil hehe

:sl:

Oh please sister, don't worry about being short, i'm short too and I'm loving it because I'm afraid of heights, lol. Short people are just as good as tall people. Take it from a shorty like me. :statisfie

btw, the thing about being afraid of heights is a joke lol, I love being short because it doesn't stop me from doing anything that I want or need to do, except when I can't reach the coathanger, but thats another story. :)

Kittygyal
06-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Salamualikum.
Sack everyone be happy of what you are and how you are. Allah subhnwatallah made you so be proud. So what if others think your short who gives a toss! Am short meself and proud. Okay if your teeth are bad say sticking out allah hu alim. then why not go to the dentist so inshallah they can do something to get them better. About skinny your NOT the only one. Enough people want to be skinny or want to be fat but if your features are way important then all i can say to you is GANGSTA!
Get a grip and forget about what others think they have no right to judge you anyway so tell them to back off!
Ma'assalama

bint_muhammed
06-16-2007, 07:12 PM
get over it you ungratefull person! look around the world, look at what people are going through and be gratefull! i bet you have two arms and legs taht work, eyes you can see with, no menatl disorder! sis please stop feeling sorry for yourself and thank Allah swt what he has given you because he can take that away easily! why do you have to be taller, slimmer and lighter to be attracteive, dont be fooled by what people consider beauty, try to beautify yourself with allah finds beautiful!

جوري
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM
We all have moments of self-doubt... but it is true, no one out there is like you, has your soul, your spirit, your heart, your eyes.. Amazing, when they transplant and organ from one person to another and even after extensive matching on HLA DR DQ DP and all their subtypes, the patient still has to go on extensive immunosuppressive therapy just not to react to another's organ.
Do you not think it is special, that even your close siblings aren't exactly like you?
I am not going to tell you to be thankful or grateful, though I very well think you should be. Perhaps in due time, you'll come to appreciate that others are born with phocomelia when you have your full limbs, while others are born with cleft palate while your philtrum is in tact, while others are born with Alopecia areata or even universals , while you have a full head of hair, that some are born cyclops while you have two beautiful set of eyes...perhaps one day you'll appreciate the sun drunken color over having been an albino yes, perhaps one day, you'll walk to the mirror and say.. sobhan Alwahab Al'3theem.. what gifts he has given me... Maybe one day you'll mutter.. "Alhmdlilah Alzhi 3afana mima ibtla beh ghyrona wa fadhlana 3la katheeran mima khalq tafdeela"... and perhaps that day you'll also come to realize that when one thanks one is given more.. Perhaps one day you won't look at the images on TV but the ones of the people around you and realize how so very blessed you are.. Maybe right now you can walk to the mirror and just smile and be good to yourself...

Kittygyal
06-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Salamualikum.
^ :cry: YA ALLAH! we complain over little things but...
Ma'assalama

Riya90
06-16-2007, 07:58 PM
^^ SubhanAllaah :cry: :cry:

S_87
06-16-2007, 08:00 PM

the description you want to be more of sister, is what we are sorrounded by in magazines, on tv... everywhere. but who says to be fair skinny and tall is beautiful? you are what you feel and no one person is the same. and all those pics you see? its all fake.

for you, lower the volume though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQUHRlpeaE

Samira_01
06-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Asalamu 3leykum

ya rabii :cry: ..
THANK MORE THAN ASKING MORE !!

wa3leykum salaam

ummAbdillah
06-16-2007, 10:05 PM
:salamext:
Alhamdulilah! :cry:

3isha
06-16-2007, 10:20 PM
u shud be greatful for how u r, and think hw Allah has blessed u. it is said that if u worshipped Allah for 500 yrs, u still wud'nt be able to finish thanking Allah for ure eyesight (only eyes just imagine everything else)

Sunduss
06-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Just be happy with what you have. Ok that is easier said than done but remember someone out there would kill to trade places with you!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-17-2007, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
SALAM! ARGHH i wish i was skinny taller
this can be achieved by eating less as naturally slimmer people look taller
lighter

i wish my teeth were better
miswaak on a daily, wallahi it helps

nothin about me stands out i hate
and i know nothing which makes a person stand out more then the noor of emaan

ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttt i wish i was intelligent:laugh::cry: i am probably gonna get attaked for bein shallow ! wouldnt be the 1 time is easier to judge
your not shallow, you simply let out what many people sometimes think our of forgetfulness, but remember, Allah made us the way we were meant to be :)

snakelegs
06-17-2007, 01:18 AM
edit

.:Mustapha:.
06-17-2007, 01:50 AM

Be grateful brother, don't let the Shaytan mess with your head. If your weakness is insecurity, then the Shaytan will use it against you to the fullest. Pray to Allah (swt) & Insa'allah he will send down on you peace & tranquillity & clean your head from these negative thoughts.

unknown_JJ
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *noor

Oh please sister, don't worry about being short, i'm short too and I'm loving it because I'm afraid of heights, lol. Short people are just as good as tall people. Take it from a shorty like me. :statisfie

btw, the thing about being afraid of heights is a joke lol, I love being short because it doesn't stop me from doing anything that I want or need to do, except when I can't reach the coathanger, but thats another story. :)
oh i didnt mean i h8 bein short lool me wz jus sayin how it went yestdy...wel funny ahem..me luvz bein d baby in d crew lool all d attention lool bt jazakiallah 4 dat newaz

skhalid
06-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Remember that at the end of the day God made you to the best of your ability...you are unique (this is a good thing who wants to be clones ey?:D )
To God you are beautiful, you are intelligent and don't let any1 else tell you different:raging: :thumbs_up

jannat
07-01-2007, 06:17 PM

please dont worry. it is the media driven society which makes us dislike ourselves. my dear sister do not worry and be greteful for what Allah has given u . My parents always said dont look at others and feel u should be like them. always looks at people below u. be grateful to allah tala. i have been in the same the situation where i have obessed the way i look and always compared myself to others. Remember that u r an individual , ther is no-one like u in this dunya and universe who looks like u . u r unique and u must try to accept who u r.i know its easier said than done. i sometimes still get a little insecure, but i try to remember that what allah has given me is enough alhamdulliah.
Please check this video on tube ,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_ccgbH0YTQA
hope it helps. may Allah give u ease.

saira-k
07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
aw be grateful for wt uv got..ppl who r blind want eyes..pplp who r deaf want to hear etcc u get wt im sayin :) be grateful n say alhumdulilah

saira-k
07-01-2007, 07:28 PM
mashAllah tht nasheed sum1 suggested to look at is beautfiul

AnonymousPoster
07-01-2007, 09:29 PM
SALAM i cant believe it! I JUST CANT AMANI WOW THAT GIRL LOOKED WAY DIFFERENT that did made me feel better:thumbs_up :thumbs_up
to those who replied what can i say? yes i am selfish at times is beauty everything? MAYBE NOT BUT i truly believe it would make my life better
I envy those sisters who are happy with their looks even though they dont look THAT BEAUTIFUL (Media ideal) i wish i could be like that one day INCLUDE ME IN UR DUAS plxx

00:00
07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
First of all, just wanna c no1 is ugly, god creation is not ugly.We all r beautiful, some more than others.

And when u say being beautiful will make ur life easy it wont. the trials and tribulations they go through, u wouldn't want them. So be grateful, thankful for how u look, u can see, hear, what more do you want.Beauty don't last.

lipstick
07-02-2007, 11:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
SALAM! ARGHH i wish i was skinny taller lighter i wish my teeth were better nothin about me stands out i hate ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttt i wish i was intelligent:laugh::cry: i am probably gonna get attaked for bein shallow ! wouldnt be the 1 time is easier to judge
Most people feel the way you do but the thing is not let it get you down.

I look in the mirror some days and i wish my nose waz taller my eyes more wide my skin more fair.
Its just natural to think like that.:D

On the other hand somedays i look in the mirror and think hey you could give miss world a run for her money lol

Just accept the way you are.There isnt much you can do.Try being happy in your skin if that dont work try looking at someone who you consider less attractive then yourself and just tell your self at least your better then them.Dont tell them anything though that would be wrong.

Just remeber that there will always be someone better then you and you just cant do anything about it.

JUST ACCEPT WHAT YOU HAVE/WHAT YOU ARE

:D

MuslimSis&proud
07-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Salaam sister always be grateful for everything and i mean EVERYTHING you have (even if its not a lot or not what you want) and always remember that there are others out there that are far worse off then you, e.g. people who are blind, deaf, etc. People who live in poverty or in war zones, are facing much more worse situations than us, ALWAYS THINK OF OTHERS, and the struggles that they may be facing on a daily bases.

The more you Thank Allah the more He gives you. There is nothing wrong wiv being short, im short too, and to be honest, there’s no point in complaining about it coz you cant do anything about it. However if your weight is really getting you down try doing something about it; why not eat healthier and be more active, you can also join a gym, play sports, walk more often etc. Its not impossible you just need to work hard and put effort into it and inshAllah it will be achievable.

also check this nasheed out, it may make you feel better and be more appreciative of what you have that others may not.
Its called forgive me when I whine, by Ahmed Bukhatir

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_ccgbH0YTQA

tasha>farah
07-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Some people have been quite harsh on you and its not always vain or shallowness that makes you say these things,no matter what race,religion you are there is always people who think so bad of themselves it destroys their life because they are constantly paranoid,scared,etcabout there appearance.just because u are muslim does not mean u cant dislike ur appearance,wot you should 4get i?Fair enough there are people out there alot worse off,that is a shame but theres nothing this person can do about it and its not gona stop this person feeling down about themselves.There are days i think to myself im this im that why cant this be like that,etc but that does not mean im vain or shallow it means im insecure with myself,feeling low,etc.these feelings make you think that and theres nothing you can do about it. If all that makes sense!!!

Protected_Diamond
07-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Why make yourself upset? Look at people less fortunate than you, rather than people who SEEm to have a better life than you. Everything happens for a reason. :)

AnonymousPoster
07-02-2007, 10:38 PM
salam
Some people have been quite harsh on you and its not always vain or shallowness that makes you say these things,no matter what race,religion you are there is always people who think so bad of themselves it destroys their life because they are constantly paranoid,scared,etcabout there appearance.just because u are muslim does not mean u cant dislike ur appearance,wot you should 4get i?Fair enough there are people out there alot worse off,that is a shame but theres nothing this person can do about it and its not gona stop this person feeling down about themselves.There are days i think to myself im this im that why cant this be like that,etc but that does not mean im vain or shallow it means im insecure with myself,feeling low,etc.these feelings make you think that and theres nothing you can do about it. If all that makes sense!!!
9 Hours Ago 01:40 PM
THANK YOU! Someone got me! :w:

tasha>farah
07-04-2007, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
salam

THANK YOU! Someone got me! :w:
im not judgemental,im understanding :)

Intisar
07-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Salaama Alaykum,

I feel the same way sometimes as well! But you have to remember that there are people in the world in far worse shape than you.

Fee Aman Allah..just know that in any given minute, all that is Dunya could be taken away from you. Don't fret about the minuscule things that don't matter when Akhriya comes along. Have peace of mind and be level-headed and always have Allah(SWT) on your mind. It shows strong deen, and will only lead to good things. Everyone has low self-esteem sometimes, and it's only human nature, but just trust in Allah(SWT) and remember him always. :D

W/Salaam

jzcasejz
07-04-2007, 07:03 PM
^ What Sister-Ameena* said is true ---> "just trust in Allaah(SWT)"

We may not see Allaah (SWT)'s wisdom at first glance...but there's wisdom with all that Allaah (SWT) does...and it's just a matter of trust in Allaah. Sure you may feel bad and may find it hard...but just have patience and put your trust in Allaah.

Us Muslims are not living for the Dunya....it's all for the Aakhirah. :)

lipstick
07-11-2007, 06:45 PM
i do understand what you're going through but what can you actually do?

NOTHING

just accept what you have/what you are

try writing down ur good point and bad points on a piece of paper and then get people who know you to write good and bad points about you

i bet things that you consider bad about your self others dont even see and i bet you have triple the amount of good points as bad.

Plus some bad points you can work on like behaviour this will be really benefical and help you to become a better person

I did this some time ago and things that i thought were bad about me turned out to be things that my family and friends like about me.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!