/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drinking

sem
06-16-2007, 01:29 PM
what can one do,or help in any way,those muslims who drink.im not joking where i live,theres so many muslim brothers who drink,and im feeling scared as my brother is becoming one of those,please cud ne1 help,?????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
HBot 5000
06-16-2007, 07:59 PM
TBH i would tell them about the punishment that awaits those muslims that partake in drinking. If they do make it to Jannat then they will not be able to drink from the river of wine.

All you can do is keep saying why it is wrong and inshallah they will listen :thumbs_up

Kittygyal
06-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Salamualikum.
:(:(:( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dua'ah:?
Ma'assalama

جوري
06-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't know that mention of punishment really works on anyone, in general those who worship, love and fear G-D are people who tend to walk the straight path anyway and they are the ones to whom such messages might have an impact.. How can you make others understand the abstraction of what awaits when some very common basic things, they don't adhere to? I mean there are some grounds that have to be covered before you get to the concept of rewards, punishment or justice.

Sort of like the kuffar who leave all the basics and fundamentals of Islam to discuss something peripheral like taking more than one woman for a wife or laws of inheritance.... You have to find some common ground first and build upon it explore so you can understand the jurisprudence...

I am afraid how to stop a brother from drinking goes beyond the what the LI forum members can offer, I mean really actively offer... It is a choice, your bros has made that choice, and he has to make the choice to stop it.. So I believe it is true that du'a is your best bet, but other than that, change has to come from his person..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
06-16-2007, 10:12 PM
:sl:
May Allah swt reward you for trying to help out those brothers. Most of see these kinds of Haram action being done and we simply just ignore them so again Jazakallah khayr. :) I could advice you to tell there brothers of the punishment of drinking alcohol knowingly.

Question:
Is it true that if you eat Haram food your salat does not get accepted for 40 days ?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.
If you eat haraam food, this will cause your du’aa’ to be rejected, hence it was reported in a hadeeth qudsi: “He is nourished with haraam, so how could his du’aa’ be responded to?.” The meaning is that it is unlikely that his du’aa’ will be answered. But salaah (prayer), which includes du’aa’ and other things, will still be accepted, in the sense that it serves to fulfil his obligations, and he does not have to repeat it. What was narrated was that it is the one who drinks alcohol whose prayer will not be accepted for forty days.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr
:w:

qassy!
06-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Salam!

I have friends who drink, smoke, and do alot of other bad things. But i do not follow them. if you believe in your self you wont drink

BanGuLLy
06-17-2007, 02:09 PM
I think your brother is goin through the peer pressure stage.. once he gets older.. he might understand.. but u have to help him understand.. I use to drink a lot and something bad happened that made me change my life around and I quit drinkin since then...

00:00
06-17-2007, 06:40 PM
what can one do,or help in any way,those muslims who drink.im not joking where i live,theres so many muslim brothers who drink,and im feeling scared as my brother is becoming one of those,please cud ne1 help,?????
I'd Tell their parents.

BanGuLLy
06-18-2007, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
I'd Tell their parents.
lol SNITCH..jkz.. but I think it would get them pissed.. and they would wanna do more messed up stuff... its better to talk to them and get them out first b4 tellin their parents...

skhalid
06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Tell them about the punishment....with actions comes consequences and therefore they should stop and repent for their mistakes after all Allah is forgiving....as long as one wants to be forgiven

Pureyemeni
06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Sister Kittygyal said the best thing to do duah
:w:

vorx
06-24-2007, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HBot 5000
TBH i would tell them about the punishment that awaits those muslims that partake in drinking. If they do make it to Jannat then they will not be able to drink from the river of wine.

All you can do is keep saying why it is wrong and inshallah they will listen :thumbs_up
This acronym stands for a swearword, so took it out. ! wow, i thought Jannat means paradise with anything you wish lol... so like... Here is CANDY! YOU CAN TOUCH IT BUT YOU CANT HAVE !

Your explanation is so lame...

Abdul Fattah
06-24-2007, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vorx
This acronym stands for a swearword, so took it out. ! wow, i thought Jannat means paradise with anything you wish lol... so like... Here is CANDY! YOU CAN TOUCH IT BUT YOU CANT HAVE !

They won't be alowed because of their sins, those that do not drink alcohol in this life and get to jannah will be alowed to drink from it. So in other words, although some of the people who drink might get into jannah, they will only receive part of that reward because of their sins.

afriend
06-24-2007, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vorx

I think you've got it wrong, same with magic, it's said in the Quran:

2:102 They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

Yanal
06-28-2007, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sem
this is for you sem and after i will post soething for ur brother Question:
I am a student in the university, and I live with some other students in a room in the student dorms on campus. I do not have the right to move from this room, and I am forced to stay here. The students that live with me say that they drink beer. Is there any sin involved if I sit with them or eat with them or talk to them?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If it is known for sure that they are drinking intoxicants, then keep away from them in the dorm as much as you can, if they do not accept your advice to them to give up this evil action. If you cannot leave the dorm, then avoid sitting with them, talking to them and eating with them unless it is essential, otherwise you will be sinning.

sem
06-28-2007, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=Yanal;780196]this is for you sem and after i will post soething for ur brother Question:
I am a student in the university, and I live with some other students in a room in the student dorms on campus. I do not have the right to move from this room, and I am forced to stay here. The students that live with me say that they drink beer. Is there any sin involved if I sit with them or eat with them or talk to them?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

If it is known for sure that they are drinking intoxicants, then keep away from them in the dorm as much as you can, if they do not accept your advice to them to give up this evil action. If you cannot leave the dorm, then avoid sitting with them, talking to them and eating with them unless it is essential, otherwise you will be sinning.

[/QUOT
THANX YANAL.
AND THANKU TO ALL THE OTHERS,GREAT ADVICE.
ive tryed to help them with islamic knowledge,yet they listen and know its not permissable but still do it,its become habitual,i think the only thing which will work is if everyone just does dua,feeding them or lecturing them has jus knda made it worse,but inshallah please remember all the muslims in ya duas,

tryinghard
07-02-2007, 12:54 AM
I understand what you were saying about staying away from people who drink, but I work somewhere where sometimes during breaks and meetings, people will bring out beers and other alcoholic beverages. Although I am not forced to drink, I know my boss and coworkers would be offended if I continuously refused to sit with them when they drank. Is it permissible to sit with them sometimes, of course never drinking, to avoid alienating them?

Star
07-02-2007, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tryinghard
I understand what you were saying about staying away from people who drink, but I work somewhere where sometimes during breaks and meetings, people will bring out beers and other alcoholic beverages. Although I am not forced to drink, I know my boss and coworkers would be offended if I continuously refused to sit with them when they drank. Is it permissible to sit with them sometimes, of course never drinking, to avoid alienating them?
Question:
I work for an american company. I am the only muslim. I am forced to be on business trips or functions with people from my work who sometimes drink alcohol. am I doing sin by being with them when I am not drinking or doing anything against my beleives.If I don't participate in those functions, maybe I will jeopardize my Job.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has favoured this ummah over other nations in many matters, chief among which is enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al‑Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]

What you have to do – as you are the only Muslim in your company, as you say – is to be proud of the teachings [?] of your religion, and strive to apply them, and not to do anything that you are forbidden to do. This is something that will raise you in status and increase your reward. Staying with them even though you are not drinking alcohol yourself is still a sin in itself, because Allaah has commanded us not to sit in places where evil is committed, otherwise what befalls those who are committing the evil action will also befall us.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them”

[al-Nisa’ 4:140]

“And when you (Muhammad) see those who engage in a false conversation about Our Verses (of the Qur’aan) by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Shaytaan (Satan) causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)”

[al-An’aam 6:68]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand (by taking action); if he cannot, then with his tongue (by speaking out); if he cannot, then with his heart (by hating it and feeling that it is wrong), and that is the weakest of faith.” Narrated by Muslim, 70.

This denunciation of the heart refers to the stress and agitation that one feels in the presence of evil. This is an individual obligation upon all people in all situations, and they have no excuse for not doing this, because no one has any power over the heart. Staying in a place where evil is being committed goes against this required denunciation.

Question:
I was told that there was once a brother (I dont know if he was one of the companions or at which point in history he lived in) who used to sit with people who drank alcohol solely for the purpose of making sure that on their way home they did not injure themselves. Have you heard of such a thing?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

What you have mentioned is a strange story, which we have never heard of. But what we know and are certain of is that sitting with people who are drinking alcohol is haraam, because Allaah has forbidden the Muslims to sit in gatherings where evil things are happening. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when you (Muhammad) see those who engage in a false conversation about Our Verses (of the Qur’aan) by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Shaytaan (Satan) causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).

[al-An’aam 6:68]

“And it has already been revealed to you in the Book (this Qur’aan) that when you hear the Verses of Allaah being denied and mocked at, then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them. Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:140]

Some people who had been drinking wine were brought to ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez (may Allaah have mercy on him) and he commanded that they should be flogged. One of them offered the excuse that he had not actually been drinking, but ‘Umar commanded that he should be flogged along with the others, and he recited this aayah to him. And Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.