/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need Help!!!

Sunduss
06-16-2007, 11:48 PM
:sl:

I really need advise on how to tell your friends to stop unislamic behaviour because you fear they will lead you, as well as themselves astray. Just how do you do it!:enough!: I try to be subtle but it doesnt work.Any ideas??:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
06-17-2007, 06:51 PM

If it's just one person telling them than they likely not to listen to you, but if you get a few ppl with you and tell them that what they doing is wrong. Than they might listen and feel guilty and ashamed.

.: Jannati :.
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunduss

I really need advise on how to tell your friends to stop unislamic behaviour because you fear they will lead you, as well as themselves astray. Just how do you do it!:enough!: I try to be subtle but it doesnt work.Any ideas??:exhausted
WaSalaams

Alhamdulillah that you have this concern for your friends, MashaAllah. If they're your friends you should InshaAllah just sit down and talk to them about how you feel about certian things that they're doing, as well as why you feel that certain way. Its important you talk to them and so that they understand why they shouldn't be doing whatever they are because its unislamic.

This is the best you can do on your part. The prophet :arabic5: emphasised the importance of keeping good company if you can't persuad these friends it is best to make friends with those who will help you remember your Deen, those who are righteous so that their influence over us is good. Even if you make new friends you've still got to treat everyone else in a just manner, just because you are making new friends does not mean you are becoming enemies with the freinds you already have. As even the prophet was extremely kind towards the people who were mislead or astray..as perhaps through your conduct they will learn and also try to improve thier character.

In a Hadith, Prophet :arabic5: said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows (respectively). So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." [Bukhari & Muslim]

In an another authentic Hadith, the Prophet (:arabic5:) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [reported by Abu Dawood & Tirmidhi]

If you fear that you will also be lead astray, it is best for you to reconsider whom you befriend and seek refuge in Allah from the Shaytaan and from being lead astray indeed it is what we make Du'a for everyday in our lives as we recite Surah Al Fatihah in our Salaah...SubhanAllah

"Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worldsMost Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. Show us the straight way; The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray." - Aameeeeen!

WaSsalaamuAlaykum...

Abdul Fattah
06-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I have the same problem. I tried so many things. but if they aren't listening there's really nothing you can say. and if you fear that they will lead you astray to, then tell them that if they are not willing to seize for their selves that they at least not do it around you as not to take you down with them. If they then still continue and you still fear that they will lead you astray you should subtly create some distance between them and you. (I think subtle is best because if you do it abrubtly they might hold it against you or even "blame" islam for taking away a friend, but I am not sure and Allah subhana wa t'ala knows best)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
skhalid
06-18-2007, 09:01 AM
one is punished or praised for their actions...and following unislamic ways...soon those people loose faith in Islam and became similar to kafeer...so many teaching of Islam has been taught to them so why are they forgetting the right path?! This is the work of jiin and with words they will not listen as they are as good as possessed at the momment, but don't give up, taunt them if you have to, safety in numbers...maybe of more than one person tell them off for this they might just listen (threaten them if you have to...just get them to see sense)

ummAbdillah
06-20-2007, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunduss

:salamext:
Alhamudulilah what you're trying to do is very good. As muslims we are suposed to enjoin the good and forbid the evil :) I would advice you to talk to them in privete in a sincere polite manor. Also remember that when we are giving advice we should always start with ourselves, I ask Allah ta'ala to guide them and us all :) Ameen
:w:

Yanal
06-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Asalam alkum try once by stopping them and if they don't leave it upto allah

MuhammadRizan
06-30-2007, 05:24 PM
salam.

Don't loose that hope, keep nagging at them, and most importantly teach'em by example, but in the mature, non provocative and smart way.

we're all human, at some point we'll get so boring even to continue sinning.
trust me on that!

The Ruler
06-30-2007, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
(threaten them if you have to...just get them to see sense)
if it was that easy, i'd do that to you :mmokay:

just stay away from them. That's wayyy easier. Get new friends. That's wayyy harder. But face it, you were born alone.

Why should your friends influence you anyway? I don't understand... How does one get influenced by those that they know are on the wrong side? Enlighten me.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!