/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

qassy!
06-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Hello Brothers & Sisters

I am a Muslim and not been following Islam. Ive done a lot of stupid things in my life. And feel like its all coming back to me now. I am 17 and wish to turn my life around.
I'm going to start my 5 times and day prayer.

Will Allah forgive me if i am truly sorry?

Salam!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Asalaamu alaikum (peace be upon you) bro qassy. :)

:salamext:

Regret is one of the first parts in the process in repentance, then after that you should pray to Allaah to forgive you, and have the intention never to do that sin again. Then you should try to do lots of good deeds, because Allaah says:

..surely good deeds take away evil deeds...

[Qur'an Hud 11: 114]
Anyway, i know that's not enough so i want you to listen to this lecture by Yasir Qadhi, it's really top masha Allaah and i pray it benefits you in a positive way to draw closer to Allaah ameen:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

I invite you to check this link on stories of people who have gone through similar, and how their sin actually helped them draw closer to Allaah and become really pious people:

Stories of Repentance:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...epentance.html (Stories of Repentance.)

May Allaah forgive you, and us all. ameen. :)

Peace.

qassy!
06-17-2007, 03:56 PM
:sl:

Thanks bro

Can i ask you said no intention of doing the same thing again. That's true but they are a lot of distractions around like girls when i'm walking i see a nice girl i try not to look but i looks. But when i turn my head i don't look the second time.

Looks the first time is this wrong?

:w:

- Qatada -
06-17-2007, 05:10 PM
:wasalamex

Try not to look the first time; Allaah says:

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.

[Qur'an Al Noor (the Light) 24: 30]

http://muttaqun.com/gaze.html

If you glance at her accidentally, then quickly look at away and remember Allaah. If you do this, inshaa Allaah, Allaah will place a sweetness of emaan (faith) inside of you since you gave up something evil for His sake, and out of His Mercy - He will reward you with something better. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
06-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Salmaualikum.
Aww mashallah atleast you understand it's wrong init.

Blud it's hard but trust me i am a revert to Islam who was born and breded in a ghetto cube yard and was a christain alhmdulillah now a muslim and belive me if you have trust in Allah subhwnatallah you can do anything. You can sacrifice ya self ONLY for allah subhwnatallah.

You know i remember the times when i used to smoke, have joints, come home late, clubbing, be out late, go out with me homiez you name it. ASTAGFIRULLAH! those were the days.
Brother remember whatever you have done in past repent now before it's too late. Also about gyals and stuff it's all about 'lowering gaze'. Think about it would you look at them sexy gyals or get ya eyes poked with fire?

Take it easy and am at the same stage as you aswel. So i am not going to advice much because what i do i am saying and what i don't do i can't just advice so inshallah take it easy and flex.

Take me advice blud listen to Qura'an ALOT. Remember the gang of people you hang around with smell. Say you walked in a perfume shop you would smell nice but say you worked were you chopped trees and burn coal you will stink like hell!! why? because of sweat and coal and be black cause of fire.
So it's like if you hang about with good people they smell of musk seller but if you hang around with bad people they stick of black musk seller!

BE GOOD.
ma'assalama

skhalid
06-18-2007, 09:05 AM
u kno wot u av dun is wrong en u av asked 4 4giveness...
May Allah 4give u..ameen* I believe evry1 deserves another chance 2 prove themselves...all the best
*ur sista in faith*

Pureyemeni
06-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Thats really good brother. I was like that once but Alhmdulillah i have chnaged remember Allah is watching you all the time and just turn to him and stay firmly away from bad people.

Ya Allah forgive us all ameen

ummAbdillah
06-18-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Asalaamu alaikum (peace be upon you) bro qassy. :)

Regret is one of the first parts in the process in repentance, then after that you should pray to Allaah to forgive you, and have the intention never to do that sin again. Then you should try to do lots of good deeds, because Allaah says:

..surely good deeds take away evil deeds...

[Qur'an Hud 11: 114]
Anyway, i know that's not enough so i want you to listen to this lecture by Yasir Qadhi, it's really top masha Allaah and i pray it benefits you in a positive way to draw closer to Allaah ameen:

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

I invite you to check this link on stories of people who have gone through similar, and how their sin actually helped them draw closer to Allaah and become really pious people:

Stories of Repentance:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...epentance.html (Stories of Repentance.)

May Allaah forgive you, and us all. ameen. :)

Peace.
Ameen, great advice :thumbs_up
brother read the Ayah on my sig :)

limitless
06-18-2007, 11:46 PM

I used to experience that too. But I kept reciting a prayer in my head, whenever such temptations came to my mind. That was about one year ago, and it has been very tough, but i have managed to survive. Now that I am strong, alhamdulilah almost lol. Allah swt, is all forgiving and merciful, try your best not to look or do anything wrong that you have in the past again, which is very hard from my experience. So keep trying, don't give up. And inshallah, you will successed and become a pious young muslim brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!