/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Poverty harming my Iman

Bittersteel
08-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Here's my situation.

Since my father's death my relatives have provided us money and the person who has donated most is my aunt my father's sister.I am in Grade 9 now and will give my O levels in two years and I am financially suffering.My aunt may stop providing us with money and I may have to cancel my education totally.
On the other hand people expect a lot of things from me and my father lots and lots of dreams about me.I want to fulfill them but I don't think I will be able to.
I have to go to tutors and this requires a lot of money.I need good food.a good environment and a lot of good things which I lack due to lack of money.

Caught in this depression my Iman has recently started to go down.
forgive me for bothering you with this.

:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
08-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

you do not have to be forgiven as you have done nothing wrong.

most people go through rough times, but the better of us come out with prayers to Allah.please brother, be steadfast and ask Allah for His help. Allah never gives us a burden that is to great.

everything belongs to Allah, and everything will return to Allah.

it is always sad to have a close relative pass away, and InshAllah you will fulfill the dreams of you father and the dreams of yours.

your aunt, Alhamdolillah may not stop providing you with money, but maybe you should consider outher resources such as a job. you may find this difficult because of your school, but Allah knows best.

but please dear brother, at these times make sure your faith stays strong! and zain bhikhas song "have you heard" always makes me feel stronger, and always a little teary! so try things that you know will benefit you, and Allah will give you reward!

Bittersteel
08-18-2005, 07:58 PM
thanks but getting a job in Bangaldesh is difficult.

Safa
08-19-2005, 02:25 AM
:sl: brother,

All I can say is try your best to complete your education, and since your O-levels are coming up you need the effort. Giving up education will leave you in a worse situation in the future. And during rough times you need to turn towards Allah and be positive in life. InshaAllah you will fulfill your dreams. As for tutoring...it does require a lot of money and you definitely need it so try to persuade your aunt to give you the money because its important that you do well in the O-levels.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mainul_Islam
08-19-2005, 04:59 AM
assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

i can understand what you are going thru, and i feel really sad that you are suffering thru this. :(

but keep in mind that Allah gives hardship to the believers as a mercy, a forgiveness for you sins. if you wait patiently and pray to Him for help, you will be rewarded. have patience, bro. and put ur trust in Allah and thank Him for every little blessings you have.

aamirsaab
08-19-2005, 07:19 AM
I'm sorry that you have had to experience this. I suggest you make du'a daily. It helps.

Takumi
08-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Firstly, it really took you a lot of courage to share your predicament with us, even though you don't really know us personally. It' s not easy to pour out your inner desperation to someone you know let alone a stranger. May Allah make it easy for you and your family.

May I suggest that you contact the nearest Islamic Center and talk to the imaam or zakah chairperson and see whether they can offer you some financial help for you to get through your education.

Over here, our masjid has a zakah department where muslims may present their case and some monetary aid will be provided.

Your other option is to find someone at the masjid whom Allah has blessed with wealth and ask. I know several instances over here where I live where some brothers just paid off another brother's credit card debts (interests!!) free of charge.

So, there are people out there who are willing to help. All you need to do is ask.

There are some practices that the prophet had advised to do. It's reported that whomsoever reads the soorah Al Waaqiah every night will be free from poverty. And of course akhi, Allah is always there to listen 24/7.

Whomsoever is mindful of Allah, He will make for him the way out, and provide him with provisions from unexpected resources. (at talaaq 2-3)

(wa man yattaqillaha yaj'al lahoo makhrajaa wa yarzuqhu min haithu la yahtasib)

I pray that Allah will make you among the muttaqeen and give you a way out of this situation. Ameen.

Ummu Amatullah
08-19-2005, 12:33 PM
May Allah forgive your father for his past sins ameen, and may Allah make his grave a spacious one.For every difficulty there's a way out.Have faith in Allah and I garantee you Allah wouldn't just leave you rotting in the dust.Like brother Takumi suggested go to the nearest masjid present your case to the Imam or who ever is in charge.Then insha'allah they will help.Brother I sincerely wish you the best ameen!!!

afriend2
08-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Abdul Aziz,

im also from Bangladesh and i do know what you mean. just wondering in what part of bangladesh do you live?

the best thing to do is carry on with your education and become more learned, do not become stressed as can sometimes discourage you and might bring you down.

a helpful advice to give to you would be to ask for a helping hand, as you know many are there happily to do so.

and of course pray as i have already said. this should be your first resort.

you will be in our prayers.
Assalamu Alaikum!

czgibson
08-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Hello,

It's so sad to hear you're having such a hard time. I'm sure everyone's best wishes are with you.

Have you tried looking at online education? You obviously have internet access; unless it's very limited you should be able to find a way to get an education.

Here's a website that should have some useful links:

World Wide Learn

A lot of the courses there cost money, but there are also plenty of free educational resources too.

Also, I'm an English teacher; if you need any help with that subject feel free to email me with questions on language and literature etc.

I can only hope things improve for you.

Peace & Best Wishes

Halima
08-23-2005, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
Here's my situation.

Since my father's death my relatives have provided us money and the person who has donated most is my aunt my father's sister.I am in Grade 9 now and will give my O levels in two years and I am financially suffering.My aunt may stop providing us with money and I may have to cancel my education totally.
On the other hand people expect a lot of things from me and my father lots and lots of dreams about me.I want to fulfill them but I don't think I will be able to.
I have to go to tutors and this requires a lot of money.I need good food.a good environment and a lot of good things which I lack due to lack of money.

Caught in this depression my Iman has recently started to go down.
forgive me for bothering you with this.

Oh dear brother, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's death, May allah (swt) grant him to Jannah. I feel really sad for you. Sorrow is deep in my heart when you say that your father died. I really wonder how can you take this? I understand your pain because my uncle has died a little more than a year ago, and the last time I saw him was two years ago. But it is not the matter of weather I saw him or not. It the fact that my mother has never had her chance to say good bye. She has never had her chance to grant the things that he wanted for a full complete liftetime. The little things that we have over here in America would keep him happy for all his liftetime. Even the necessary things that he desperately needed..he never ever got the chance to have that opportunity. The fatc that he passed away now is going to hurt his young children more than ever. The fact that they have not grown up and they are still young is quite overwhelming. Now I look at your postion and compare it to their position, and I can honestly say that no one will ever experience the pain, that you or them has gone through not unless the person has been through it. :'(

snowlilies
09-20-2005, 05:05 PM
dear brother ,making doa is indeed necessary but withour effort is nuthing.u might find job or u might werk for few yers before you continue your O level...u also can do online learning.it is much more cheaper and affordable.i kno in bangladesh its hard to make a living but by god will everything is possible.

road to succes is full of thorn and rock.its tough.
remmber one thing,root of education is bitter but it's fruit is sweet...

may allah show you the way

akulion
09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Salam Alaikum
Brother the best I can give you is my duas:
May Allah swt lessen your burden and make things easy for you. Ameen

ummbilal
09-26-2005, 12:03 AM
salaam alakum brother,

inshaallah Allah will make these trials easy for you and your family and may the out come be whatever is best for you deen inshaallah.

re your imman
brother can you not see how Allah the most mercyful has provided for you up to now?
i have uncles in morocco who had to leave school at 14 to work the land and provide for thier younger siblings, mashallah you have had many many blessings from Allah.

even if your education stopped now think of what you have already achieved.
your english is excellent Allhumdulilah,

brother i dont know if these distance learning links will be of use but inshaallah

http://www.bangla2000.com/Education/...ties/Open.shtm

http://www.citechco.net/bou/

may i ask what you are studying?
do you have any relatives in the west you could stay with while studying/working or could you gain a scholarship to a western university?

brother you are in my duas
i pray Allah forgives the muslims and guides us all

Bittersteel
09-27-2005, 02:11 PM
I am in 9th grade now.

Ameeratul Layl
09-27-2005, 02:13 PM

Oh brother, I'm so sorry to hear all you have sed.
I promise you....when (if) I bcum a millionaire, I will help u financially. For the time being, you are in my duas.

cheer up!Allah loves u! :aboo: :aboo: :aboo: :aboo:

m3 salaam
:wilted_ro

libyanhero
09-27-2005, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

Oh brother, I'm so sorry to hear all you have sed.
I promise you....when (if) I bcum a millionaire, I will help u financially. For the time being, you are in my duas.

cheer up!Allah loves u! :aboo: :aboo: :aboo: :aboo:

m3 salaam
:wilted_ro
Mashallah and may Allah fulfill your dream of being a millionaire and just remember don't let the greed take over your caring need for others.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.