/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pak women pilgrims to wear Burqa during Hajj

AmarFaisal
06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
KARACHI: Burqas have been made mandatory for Pakistani women who wish to perform Hajj in 2007, Religious Affairs Secretary Wakeel Ahmed Khan told a seminar in Karachi.

Khan told the seminar that for the last three years, the Saudi Arabian government had been objecting about the way Pakistani women dress during Hajj.

“This is why we will provide Burqas to women who will go for Hajj in 2007 under the government’s Hajj scheme,” he said. “Moreover, people designated to take care of the Hajj pilgrims there will be asked to ensure that Pakistani women there do not get out of their houses and hotels sans Burqas.”

When the Hajj scheme is announced officially, private Hajj operators will also be made to follow this rule, he added.

http://www.geo.tv/geonews/details.asp?id=7678&param=1

I wonder what was wrong with the dress code of Pakistani women during hajj or umrah. I know we usually don't wear socks while praying while the arabs say it's compulsary. I don't like the dark colors of abayas during summer umrahs, as they make one feel hotter. I prefer to use a long hijab that goes from the head upto ur knees and is white in color. And ofcourse u wear ur usual clothes under them.

I have seen arabs women doing umrah in jeans!!!

Do u think abayas should be compulsary???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
06-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I don't think anything should be compulsory but I do believe people should observe proper attire, especially in the house of G-D.. and wear what women have been prescribed for the purpose of pilgrimage.... I don't believe covering the face was mandated..
Allah knows best!
:w:

NobleMuslimUK
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
:sl:
This is pakis displaying their stupidity again, esp the barelvis in karachi, these deviants love their innovative actions and are proud of them.

BlissfullyJaded
06-18-2007, 04:20 PM
:sl:

Please don't turn this into a Pakistani-bashing / Arab-bashing session.

Umrah in jeans? Under the abaya, or no abaya at all? Well, chances are the girl who did that did get told off by the mutawwa. They don't let anybody get away with stuff like that, not even fellow Arabs from what I've heard.

And I don't think they're talking about covering the face here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AmarFaisal
06-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Is it ok to read Nasheeds for our prophet at his mosque in Madinah?
I have seen Pakistani women sitting at the steps of Masjid-e-Nabawi and reading the nasheeds, while the police/mutawwa women ask them to stop while using sticks on them!

When I went to visit the roza-e-mubarek, or the Musoleum of our Prophet (PBUH) they would also stop us from reading from our books, duás or performing salats reading from those books. Some women who'd start saying nasheeds at this point where also stopped. I never really understood if it was becoz of the crowd or becoz they didn't want us to use this way of worship.:?

NoName55
06-18-2007, 04:36 PM
This is pakis displaying their stupidity again
I thought it was skinhead's job to bash us "pakis" A Muslim would refer to a resident of Pakistan as Pakistani

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.