/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Finally found peace

edges
06-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Peace Brothers and Sisters,

I'm a 32yrs old caucasian (white) Canadian living in China for business, I've been here almost 2yrs. For a few years now I've been reading about the Koran on internet and trying to learn more about what it really means to be a Muslim. There is so much misinformation out there, it's easy for outsiders to be confused. But the more I read about the Koran, the more at peace I felt, the more it made sense to me. A few weeks ago I decided to take the next step and recite the Shahada as best I could. Now I spend every day learning everything I can and praying for guidance.

Since I live in China, and only speak English and French you can imagine how hard it can be to find advice and guidance, which is why I joined this forum. I hope you will be patient with me and share your wisdom.

I look forward to the journey.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
06-19-2007, 02:52 AM
Welcome to the forums!

It's a busy place :)

Enjoy your stay.

mohammed farah
06-19-2007, 03:18 AM
Welcome to my crib...... I'm just joking...welcome bro!

Al_Imaan
06-19-2007, 03:24 AM
:welcome: to the forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.:Mustapha:.
06-19-2007, 03:43 AM
Masha'Allah, Welcome Bro. :shade: Insha'Allah you'll have a beneficial stay.
What are u waiting for............get postin'. :D

Eric H
06-19-2007, 05:38 AM
Greetings and peace be with you edges, and welcome to the forum.

As MUSTAPHA S said; what are you waiting for get posting:D

In the spirit of searching for peace,

Eric

Ra`eesah
06-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Assalamu`Alaykum

Welcome to the Forum, you did the right thing by joining, hopefully you will learn alot here with us, and do not worry, LI members have much patients with those who are sincere.

umm-sulaim
06-19-2007, 06:59 AM
wow really good to hear, may Allaah reward ur efforts with good n keep u n us firm on the truth!

welcome to Li, hope u have a beneficial stay

wassalaamu alaykum

.:Umniyah:.
06-19-2007, 07:03 AM
:sl:

Welcome brother! Always feels good to have a new member. InshaaAllah ( God wiling) you will find an even greater peace on the forum. Dont hesitate to ask questions or concerns, the dumbest questions are the ones which arent asked.

Just keep reading the Quran Al Hamdulillah ( Praise be to Allah) and run by the basic Islam section for more enlightment InshaaAllah.

again happy to have you here. and enjoy.

:w:

Pk_#2
06-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Peace be upon those who follow guidance,

Hello bro,

Welcome to the forum,

I hope Allah guides you and always keeps you smiling (god willing)

All the best - Be good :D

edges
06-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm sure you've been asked this before, but as a convert, especially a caucasian one, will I face any discrimination in Mosques and Muslim countries? I'm living in China, I plan to visit Indonesia, Malaysia etc and certainly wish to visit Mecca. Also, considering my background, I have no sect, no cultural background (unless coming from white Catholic family counts)... so how will I be seen by potential bride families? I'm 32, I wish to marry and have a family within a year or two after some serious Islamic studies.

As you can imagine I have many questions, I have faith I made the right choice, it's nice to have such nice people to support me in this.

rubiesand
06-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Islam has a very long history in China, and this article says estimates of the number of Muslims there range between 20 million to 100 million.

Brother be careful about the question of sects. Don't let your desire for an authentic Islam free of 'cultural baggage' (if that is what you are looking for) lead you to turn away from the traditional scholarship built up over centuries in favour of a particular sect prevalent in the middle east of recent (19th c) origin. You can find authentic Islam with the traditional scholars. And there is nothing wrong with having a culture. It is part of being human, and yes being a white Canadian with a Catholic family counts. You don't have to be ashamed of that or feel it encumbers you. You are as God willed you to be. Your race or culture does not stand between you and God. Beware of anyone who tells you that it is necessary to eliminate culture in order to practice 'pure' Islam.

skhalid
06-19-2007, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by edges

I'm a 32yrs old caucasian (white) Canadian living in China for business, I've been here almost 2yrs. For a few years now I've been reading about the Koran on internet and trying to learn more about what it really means to be a Muslim. There is so much misinformation out there, it's easy for outsiders to be confused. But the more I read about the Koran, the more at peace I felt, the more it made sense to me. A few weeks ago I decided to take the next step and recite the Shahada as best I could. Now I spend every day learning everything I can and praying for guidance.

Since I live in China, and only speak English and French you can imagine how hard it can be to find advice and guidance, which is why I joined this forum. I hope you will be patient with me and share your wisdom.

Thats good news bro...lol when I first saw the thread I thought 'PEACE.. WHERE?' this dunia (world) is struggling when it comes to peace.....By the way...welcome to LI...waiting to hear from you soon....bon chance lol french

vpb
06-19-2007, 09:04 AM

Welcome. Hope you will have a benifical stay in here inshaAllah.

AmarFaisal
06-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope u have a benificial stay, Inshallah.:w:

*~Sofia~*
06-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Salam brother,

welcome to the forums :) i hope u have a beneficial stay inshallah.
congratulations on ur reversion by the way.. may Allah (swt) continue to guide u.
im sure u will learn loads here inshallah, it's a wicked forum !
if u have any questions, dnt hesitate to ask, there r many knowledgeable ppl here on the forum and r always happy 2 help :D
Explore the forums, take part in discussion n enjoy.

wasalam bro

mariam.
06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
walcome Home :)
It would be such a pleasure to have you beside us brother ..

"Verily those who say, "Our Lord is Allah," and remain firm (on that Path), on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Such shall be Companions of the Gardens, dwelling therein (for aye): a recompense for their (good) deeds." (46:13-14)

peace

mariam.
06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
------

Samira_01
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Asalamu 3leykum (peace)

welcome .. hope u enjoy ur stay Inshalah :)

wa3leykum salam

جوري
06-20-2007, 06:30 AM
Welcome aboard akhi

edges
06-20-2007, 06:30 AM

I met a Pakistani brother online from another site who also lives in Shenzhen China, he will introduce me to a Mosque nearby. He's been answering alot of my questions via email. It amazes me how nice, patient and informative everyone is being to me. I want to thank you all, I am truly blessed.

جوري
06-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Islam is a lot like continuing education to keep your license to practice in your chosen profession-- it is a life time process of learning and certainly is very enjoyable and fulfilling.. Even for many of us who are born Muslims and speak Arabic-- I pray to G-D you always find peace, mercy and be ensconced in the arms of people who care for you and accompany you along the straight path always under the guiding light of Allah (insha'Allah)...
it makes my heart very warm to see new Muslims ....
I hope your new friend is good to you, and I am sure people will be very welcoming of you Insha'Allah

glo
06-20-2007, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by edges

Welcome! :)
May you walk safely on your journey with God.

Peace

'Abd al-Baari
06-20-2007, 07:01 AM

Welcome to the forums bro :)
Hope you have a good and beneficial stay, Inshallah (God-Willing)

Hashim_507
06-20-2007, 07:32 AM
AsalamuAlaikum,

Welcome to the forum brother....:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.