/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ponder the Quran

Khaldun
06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
:sl:

Putting the Quran in perspective. Many of us read it heedless.

Take the time out, ponder on the meaning why are these grown men crying?

Tawbah

Al Qariah

Tawbah

Al Haqqah

Al Haqqah

Yusuf

Taha

Please dont deprive your souls from this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
skhalid
06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
They are crying due what this dunia has faced and will face....as they read ofcourse they know the meaning of what they are saying..and it gets very emotional believe me :cry:

------
06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
:salamext:

Could you Please tell us the english bits where they are weeping - it would be a BIG help. Jazaak Allaah Khayr in advance :)

skhalid
06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I'll find out for you.....oh there is a channel where they show the prayers in Makkah when its time to pray and they translate every word...I see what I can do

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
vpb
06-19-2007, 02:15 PM

Well, some people might pretend to cry so they recieve mercy from Allah swt, as Abu Bakr said, that if you can't cry when reading Qur'an, then pretend that you are crying so that Allah may show mercy on u.

but Shuraim is a legend :) I think he gets emotinal for real.:)

------
06-19-2007, 02:18 PM

Al-Qariah

English

The Calamity!
What is the Calamity?
Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Calamity is!
A day wherein mankind will be as thickly-scattered moths
And the mountains will become as carded wool.
Then, as for him whose scales are heavy (with good works),
He will live a pleasant life.
But as for him whose scales are light,
A bereft and Hungry One will be his mother,
Ah, what will convey unto thee what she is! -
Raging Fire.

[Qur'an, 101:1-11]

Khaldun
06-19-2007, 02:21 PM

A bereft and Hungry One will be his mother,
The arabic word used is mother "Umm", as mothers are used as refuge and they embrace etc. In this way the picture thats portrayed is the Hell-Fire embracing its inhabitants, incircling them from all sides.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2007, 02:23 PM

SubhanAllah. I really love the way Sh Sudais recites Surah Qaaf. It's so amazing subhanAllah, he always cries whilst reciting that surah. And in return, you become emotional aswell. For some people, even forcing themselves to cry is very hard. That is the result of a hardened heart.

Ka’b al-Ahbaar said, "To cry out of fear of Allaah is more beloved to me than to give my weight in gold to charity."

Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa, Vol. 3, Pg. 490

Al-Hanbali
06-19-2007, 02:24 PM

If I may add insha'ALLAH:

Surah Haqqah - Sheikh Muhaisany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPVqMvD-TJo

Subhan'ALLAH when you read the translation whilst it is being recited, the meaning really has a strong affect.

------
06-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Taha

English

And whoever turns away from My reminder, his shall be a straitened life, and We will raise him on the day of resurrection, blind.
He will say: My Lord! Why have You gathered me (hither) blind, while I had sight (before)?"
He will say: Even so, Our communications came to you but you neglected them; even thus shall you be forsaken this day.
And thus do We recompense him who transgresses beyond bounds and believes not in the Signs of his Lord: and the Penalty of the Hereafter is far more grievous and more enduring.

[Qur’an, 20:124-127]

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Salamualikum.
OM... subhnallah!!! very emotional am lost for words!!
ma'assalama

------
06-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Al Haqqah (2) - This one is VERY emotional :cry:

English

But as for him who is given his record in his left hand, he will say: Oh, would that I had not been given my book
And knew not what my reckoning!
Oh, would that it had been death!
My wealth has not availed me,
My power has gone from me.
(It will be said): Take him and chain him
And then expose him to hell-fire
And then insert him in a chain whereof the length is seventy cubits.
Lo! He used not to believe in Allah the Tremendous,
And urged not on the feeding of the wretched.

Therefore he has not here today a true friend,
Nor any food except filth
Which none but sinners eat.
But nay! I swear by all that ye see
And all that ye see not
That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger.
It is not poet's speech - little is it that ye believe!
Nor diviner's speech - little is it that ye remember!
It is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.

[Qur’an, 69:25-43]

Kittygyal
06-19-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad

If I may add insha'ALLAH:

Surah Haqqah - Sheikh Muhaisany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPVqMvD-TJo

Subhan'ALLAH when you read the translation whilst it is being recited, the meaning really has a strong affect.
Salamualikum.
Om... i feel kinda bad here :cry:

please correct me inshallah

is the first bit a story off a battle going on?? who are the 'ad?

Ya Allah!! that was very emotional indeed!! YA ALLAH LEAD US ALL TO THE RIGHT PATH!! AND GRANT US TO THE HIGHEST PLACE!!! AMIN!!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

btw.. please send me through p'm more of this brothers recitations please if you can inshallah.
Ma'assalama

IbnAbdulHakim
06-19-2007, 03:08 PM
bro khaldun assalamu alaikum

about ur signature, if we recite a verse about helljust before we die, will that be our destination? :(

vpb
06-19-2007, 03:10 PM
about ur signature, if we recite a verse about hell will just before we die is that our destination?

I don't know bro, but I know that deeds are rewarded based on intention.

------
06-19-2007, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

about ur signature, if we recite a verse about helljust before we die, will that be our destination? :(

Ok thats scary :skeleton: :phew

vpb
06-19-2007, 03:37 PM
about ur signature, if we recite a verse about helljust before we die, will that be our destination?
a person went to ask a scholar, and after he made the question , the scholar said "when it happens, come and ask me".
:D

P.S: can't remember the name of the scholar.

'Abd al-Baari
06-19-2007, 04:03 PM

I'm not sure but i think it means like the last verse as in the last thing you say, so even if you recite a verse about hell you are still reading the Holy Quran and not talking about something bad.

Allahu A'lam

skhalid
06-19-2007, 07:32 PM
this is a very emotional video..it is quite long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21pRr0eODs

BlissfullyJaded
06-20-2007, 08:43 AM

That hadith is not about the last ayah you read in this world. It's about on the day of Qiyamah.

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Messenger of Allah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said:
“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: ‘Read, advance in status and recite as you used to do in the world, for your status will be commensurate with the last ayah that you recite.’”
[at-Tirmidhi & Abu Dawud - Hasan Sahih]

Anyways, truly touching recitations mashaAllah. May post some others later when I get a chance...

Musalmaan
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

o brother, that is not the case, its abt the grading of jannah, the more you recite the higher (level of jannah) becomes your destination. insha'Allah... so the complete hafiz of Quran insha'ALlah will reach among the highest level. some one else can explain better :)

as there is ayah of worldly life of this land as well, no returning back right

format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

a person went to ask a scholar, and after he made the question , the scholar said "when it happens, come and ask me".
:D

P.S: can't remember the name of the scholar.
lol :D
i m aware of which group has this v.usual statement. :X

------
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM

for your status will be commensurate with the last ayah that you recite.’”
I still dont get it!!!!!!!! Xplain plz imsad

BlissfullyJaded
06-20-2007, 05:14 PM

Sorry! Basically on the day of Qiyamah those who recited much Quran in this world will be asked to recite, and they'll keep reciting and increasing in ranks until they reach the point where they don't know the rest. That stopping point will be where they stop increasing increasing in rank as well and will be the rank they attain in Jannah.

Hope that made more sense inshaAllah.

------
06-20-2007, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Sorry! Basically on the day of Qiyamah those who recited much Quran in this world will be asked to recite, and they'll keep reciting and increasing in ranks until they reach the point where they don't know the rest. That stopping point will be where they stop increasing increasing in rank as well and will be the rank they attain in Jannah.

Hope that made more sense inshaAllah.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr that makes so much more sense :thumbs_up

ummAbdillah
06-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Subhanallah! :cry: Shaikh Suraim reciting surah Fatiha is very emotional too
:cry:
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.