/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music..

AnonymousPoster
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
:sl:

is it just me or does anyone else have a problem when it comes to music. I find it difficult to stop listening to music, esp pakistani, indian, english. sometimes when i do feel low i listen to music. i have noticed though when one is upset the music seems to help, but the more u listen to it, the more it makes u feel worse!
i do listen to nasheeds and naats, and i do enjoy listening to them. Does anyone have any tips or ideas to stop listening to music, and what is the punishment for listening to music.
jazakallah
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
:salamext:

I find it difficult to stop listening to music, esp pakistani, indian, english.
Music is totaly haram and it will only deacrease your Iman. You should listen to Qur'an instead, it will help you in so many ways. Stay away from away anything that will tempt you, like Music channels, Music sties Ipods ect.

when i do feel low i listen to music. i have noticed though when one is upset the music seems to help, but the more u listen to it, the more it makes u feel worse!
When you feel low, i would advice you to listen to Qur'an, pray two Rakats (sunnah parayer) and you will feel better. Make duaa also. Doing haram is never going to make anyone feel better! But satan has so many ways of deceiving us.

i do listen to nasheeds and naats, and i do enjoy listening to them.
There's a concern about certain types of nasheed (with muscial insturments)

Question:
What is the ruling on Islamic nasheeds that are free of music?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The clear saheeh texts indicate in a number of ways that it is permissible to recite poetry and listen to it. It was narrated in saheeh reports that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his noble Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) listened to verse, recited it (as nasheed) and asked others to recite it, both when they were travelling and when they stayed at home, in their gatherings and whilst they were working, individually, as in the case of Hassaan ibn Thaabit, ‘Aamir ibn al-Akwa’ and Anjashah (may Allaah be pleased with them), and in unison, as in the hadeeth of Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) which describes the digging of the ditch (al-khandaq). Anas said:

When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw how exhausted and hungry we were, he said (in verse):

“O Allaah, there is no life except the life of the Hereafter, so forgive the Ansaar and the Muhaajireen.”

And they said in response:

“We are the ones who have pledged allegiance to Muhammad, to make jihaad for as long as we live.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3/1043)

And in gatherings too: Ibn Abi Shaybah narrated with a hasan isnaad that Abu Salamah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan said: “The Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not speak in devious tones or in a soft manner. They used to recite verses in their gatherings, denouncing the affairs of their jaahiliyyah, but if it was the matter of their religion, they would become very serious and cautious (8/711).

This evidence indicates that nasheeds are permissible, whether recited individually or in unison. The word nasheed in Arabic means raising the voice when reciting verse and making the voice sound beautiful and gentle.

There are conditions to which attention must be paid with regard to this matter:

Not using forbidden musical instruments in nasheed.

Not doing it too much or making it the focus of the Muslim’s mind, occupying all his time, or neglecting obligatory duties because of it.

Nasheed should not be recited by women, or include haraam or obscene speech.

They should not resemble the tunes of the people of immorality and promiscuity.

They should be free of vocal effects that produce sounds like those of musical instruments.

They should not have moving tunes which make the listener feel “high” as happens to those who listen to songs. This is the case with many of the nasheeds which appear nowadays, so that the listeners no longer pay any attention to the good meaning of the words, because they are so entranced by the tunes. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

References:

Fath al-Baari, 10/553-554-562-563
Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah, 8/711
Al-Qaamoos al-Muheet, 411

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

source
I hope that helps :)

AmarFaisal
06-20-2007, 12:17 PM
If u listen to Quran with the urdu or english translation, it will give u a lot more satisfaction than any music. So try this, whenever u feel like listening to music, just force urself to turn on the Quran with it's translation (in a language u understand) and beleive me, it works very fast. Once u start listening to Quran n understanding it's words, the next time music strike ur ears (or anything haram) u will think abt the words of the Quran n stay away from it.

May Allah help u.

Abdul-Raouf
06-20-2007, 12:35 PM
check my siggy ...info related to music.........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-20-2007, 12:38 PM
:salamext:

Check this thread out Inshaa Allaah, it sums up everything:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...an-sunnah.html

:)

Samira_01
06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Asalamu 3leykum

ya Rabii :cry: .. may Allah guide us ALL INSHALLAH !!!
am on the same situation .. but my problem is wen it cumes to weddings and any of ma family specially ma close cuzinz are getting married .. i have to go cz i cant leave it even though they put music on imsad but i stoped lissening to music Individually and wen am alone .. i tryed ma best on that .. its onli the weddings that keeps me low:(

i always want to stop it but i realise i go bak to it again
may Allah help us all and protect us from the punishment of FIRE:cry:

wa3leykum salam

DAWUD_adnan
06-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Remember Haram does Harm!

Pk_#2
06-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Peace,

just stop listening to it - that's the tip

You know it's easiest stopping all together than bit by bit - i speak from experience lol

You know music is everywhere these days, therefore its best not to listen to it intentionally ..

Also do it with someone, siblings? or something it makes it easier..

Make it like a competition 'who wins Allah pleasure (inshaAllah) first'

Apologies - i don't know the punishment, if any.

All the best.

Malaikah
06-23-2007, 10:35 AM

Tip- delete all your music now and throw out all your CD's. Quick, before the shaytan tries to stop you!

Works wonders. :)

rozeena
06-23-2007, 10:53 AM
hey sis, i use 2 listen 2 music all da time howeva since i seen dat movie kaabar ka azaab bout dis boy hu use 2 listen 2 music etc, n hw da angel tuk his soul wen he was guna die. iv stopd all 2geda. dnt even let my family listen if der sitin der

06-23-2007, 11:06 AM
My Quran teacher once told us that there isn't a place in your heart for both the Quran and music- its either one or the other.. and looking around me i've seen that it's so true

And the story of that guy who was dying and he wanted to listen to music instead of the Quran and he said that music 'soothes his soul' - imagine! On his death bed when he was going to pass away into the next world and meet His Lord.. what would he say?

Keep tryig inshaAllah and as the others have said get rid of all your music, and try to find comfort in the Qur'an :)

Salaam
06-23-2007, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
Remember Haram does Harm!
good one..:thumbs_up

Abdul Fattah
06-23-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

is it just me or does anyone else have a problem when it comes to music. I find it difficult to stop listening to music, esp pakistani, indian, english. sometimes when i do feel low i listen to music. i have noticed though when one is upset the music seems to help, but the more u listen to it, the more it makes u feel worse!
i do listen to nasheeds and naats, and i do enjoy listening to them. Does anyone have any tips or ideas to stop listening to music, and what is the punishment for listening to music.
jazakallah
Yes that is defenitly true, music can trigger emotions these emotions produce certain enzymes which interact with cells the same way heroine does! In other word, the feeling you get from listening to a song is addictive, similar to hard drug.

Re.TiReD
06-27-2007, 11:56 AM
:sl: giving up music...it's a difficult and sometimes VERY very EXtremely long jorney that is worth it at the end! :) sometimes you may be tempted to give up..but don't...coz thats the shaytaan tryna get ya...Music is the food of shaytaan, keep away from it Insha'Allah. Listen to recitation and you'll know the meaning of 'tranquility of the soul' :) :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.