/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Muslims should not use images to boast "miracles"

Philosopher
06-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I have seen Muslims boast about "miracles" hundreds of times by showing me random images of "Allahu signs" and other Islamic symbols in purely natural environments. These are examples:

"Allahu in a honeycomb:"

"Tree in ruku position towards Makkah:"

These are rather ridiculous and humorous claims by Muslims claiming they are signs from Allah?? Can any Muslims explain me this:

"Om sign on Cow:"

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
06-20-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm not sure but it looks painted on LOL

snakelegs
06-20-2007, 01:22 AM
yep - it's a holy cow!

NoName_55
06-20-2007, 01:27 AM
they have a holy snake too, you know?

salam from new old member

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
06-20-2007, 01:30 AM
So are you going to tell us why we shouldn't? The honey comb and tree look pretty impressive to me!

And I think that cow just wanted its 15 minutes of fame lol

MuhammadRizan
06-20-2007, 01:42 AM
that honeycomb and and tree is very unusual....the cow..hmmm i cant see anything unusual...why is it ridiculous and humorous anyway?

can honeycomb wrote other word? can tree perform other human gesture?

hmmm

barney
06-20-2007, 01:53 AM

Burger King Ice cream!

Malaikah
06-20-2007, 02:28 AM
That says Lllah mate lol. Nice try though!

barney
06-20-2007, 02:30 AM
It does? Wow. Burger King got threatend about this until they replaced it with a "non-offensive" version.

Malaikah
06-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Really? LOL

Well, yeh, notice how in the proper spelling the first line isn't joined to the rest of the word? That means it is the 'Alif' letter and makes an 'a' sound, but in the logo it is joined up so it is actually the letter 'lam', which is the equivalent of the letter L.

Pygoscelis
06-20-2007, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadRizan

hmmm
I'll not post the image for some may find it offensive, but yes trees have indeed been formed in other human gestures. There is one rather famous one shaped in the form of a human hand, flipping the bird.

Oh and I once had a peanut shaped remarkably like Abraham Lincoln. So much so that hung onto it for a long while, before it finnally rotted away.

barney
06-20-2007, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I'll not post the image for some may find it offensive, but yes trees have indeed been formed in other human gestures. There is one rather famous one shaped in the form of a human hand, flipping the bird.

Oh and I once had a peanut shaped remarkably like Abraham Lincoln. So much so that hung onto it for a long while, before it finnally rotted away.

Did it have the hat on?

Pygoscelis
06-20-2007, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Did it have the hat on?
It did indeed! And it was even quasi separate from the head (the way peanuts can do that)

ranma1/2
06-20-2007, 03:47 AM
the cow looks like it has japanese on it.

the roman letter 3 then the katakana form of ra to.

the katakana is often used for foreighn words or sounds.

Rato could then be Rat. and in japanese rats and mice are the same thing.

THis could easily be a holly reference to 3 blind mice... The surrounding part of the letters being black and black being associater with darkness or blindness.

ranma1/2
06-20-2007, 03:57 AM
Of course here is the 3 blind mice

of course i cant tell whether there is actually a a wierd bunny in it as well?

glo
06-20-2007, 06:39 AM
Pareidolia

We had a similar discussion in this thread ...

snakelegs
06-20-2007, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadRizan
that honeycomb and and tree is very unusual....the cow..hmmm i cant see anything unusual...why is it ridiculous and humorous anyway?

hmmm
the cow had the sanskrit for "om" (hindu)

ranma1/2
06-20-2007, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
could someone outline it like i did the japanese and the weird rabbit?

MuhammadRizan
06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
oh! i see..:statisfie

H.E.Pennypacker
06-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Philosopher, trust me, those images are not a basis for my belief, and I am quite skeptical of them. First, we don't know if they have been tampered with or not, and I am quite confident Christians, Jewish people, and others have their own pictures.

Besides, if God wanted to communicate with us, there would be a far more direct way, and there would be far more useful means. A real benefit to believers would not be in the form of pictures, but it would relate to solidifying faith, and including proof for that faith. We should be far more impressed with science (such as God proving an article of faith through science - notice I didn't say provide all of faith through science, but just a few articles of faith, so that His word can distinguish itself from "bogus" deities), and real tangible things, rather than obscure images.

I like to think of myself as a pragmatic Muslim who is confident of God's existence, and I prefer being approached from a scientific/proof perspective than a million miracles.

snakelegs
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
could someone outline it like i did the japanese and the weird rabbit?
i don't know how you did that. but it is in the large black blotch along the cow's side. the "om" is the white within that blotch.

Balthasar21
06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
I have seen Muslims boast about "miracles" hundreds of times by showing me random images of "Allahu signs" and other Islamic symbols in purely natural environments. These are examples:

"Allahu in a honeycomb:"

"Tree in ruku position towards Makkah:"

These are rather ridiculous and humorous claims by Muslims claiming they are signs from Allah?? Can any Muslims explain me this:

"Om sign on Cow:"

Are You Saying Pictures Are A ( Sin ) In Islam ???

vpb
06-21-2007, 10:52 PM
:sl:

Qur'an is the only intellectual miracle nowdays , and it is enough to show the miracle of Allah swt.

Philosopher
06-22-2007, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Balthasar21
Are You Saying Pictures Are A ( Sin ) In Islam ???
While it is true taking pictures/drawing is a sin in Islam, I am not saying that in my post.

Philosopher
06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

Qur'an is the only intellectual miracle nowdays , and it is enough to show the miracle of Allah swt.
bwahahahahahahah!!

lyesh
06-22-2007, 12:54 AM
is it just me or :?..... I think I see another face of a cow in it's texture... :-[

ranma1/2
06-22-2007, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lyesh
is it just me or :?..... I think I see another face of a cow in it's texture... :-[
perhaps, it is the cow spirit? it looks kind of angry.....

snakelegs
06-22-2007, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
perhaps, it is the cow spirit? it looks kind of angry.....
here's what "om" looks like:

Philosopher
06-22-2007, 02:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
here's what "om" looks like:
Does it look similar to the mark on the cow?

snakelegs
06-22-2007, 02:27 AM
to me it does. well, not exactly but "enough to get by on". :D

vpb
06-22-2007, 05:12 AM
bwahahahahahahah!!
well, you might laugh. not to be surprised. but indeed the Qur'an only is enough to show the miracle of Allah az.

21:5. "Nay," they say, "(the Qur'an) medleys of dream! - Nay, He forged it! - Nay, He is (but) a poet! Let him then bring us a Sign (Miracle) like the ones that were sent to (Prophets) of old!"

Balthasar21
06-22-2007, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
While it is true taking pictures/drawing is a sin in Islam, I am not saying that in my post.

Main Entry: 1imĀ·age
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'i-mij
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, short for imagene, from Latin imagin-, imago; perhaps akin to Latin imitari to imitate
1 : a reproduction or imitation of the form of a person or thing ; especially : an imitation in solid form : STATUE
2 a : the optical counterpart of an object produced by an optical device (as a lens or mirror) or an electronic device b : a likeness of an object produced on a photographic material
3 a : exact likeness : SEMBLANCE <God created man in his own image -- Gen 1:27 (Revised Standard Version)> b : a person strikingly like another person <she is the image of her mother>
4 a : a tangible or visible representation : INCARNATION <the image of filial devotion> b archaic : an illusory form : APPARITION
5 a (1) : a mental picture of something not actually present : IMPRESSION (2) : a mental conception held in common by members of a group and symbolic of a basic attitude and orientation <a disorderly courtroom can seriously tarnish a community's image of justice -- Herbert Brownell> b : IDEA , CONCEPT

Where in the qur'aan does it says pictures are a Sin ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.