/* */

PDA

View Full Version : MIXING & PUBS !!!!! for women

madaashaa
08-19-2005, 11:50 AM
MIXING :(

Free mixing of a girl and boy/woman and man is to be avoided as much as posssible. Ofcourse, we live in a free-mixing society where only a few areas are segregated. It is okay for a muslim woman to study or work and not get drawn into the unacceptable aspects of college and office life. We will have to speak to male colleagues sometimes, but this can be kept to a minimum and restricted "bussiness talk". Flirting is common in the West, but men would soon get the idea, froma muslim womans dress and manner that she does not wish to play the game.

PUBS

Bars and pubs are another feature of Brtish life which we should not get involved in. Less sensitive work partners or associates may overdo the jokes about wine and alcohol, but it's best to ignore this if you can, however it is irritating. The others may want you to come with them to the local pubs and would want to include you in the group. They may also even know that you don't drink alcohol and won't try to force you:"it's okay, you can have orange juice" is what they will say, but what they and the majority of muslims don't understand is that is that just avoiding booze is not enough.

It's HARAM to sit with people who are drinking. It is also HARAM to sell alcohol or even to serve or pass it to another person. Most people know that muslims aren't supposed to drink. They also believe that when a person goes into a pub, the aim is to paetake of alcohol. You might know that you're only going to have a coke, but other people don't. They'll put two together and make five !!!

Just remember that mixing is not aloud in islam and pubs/drinking are not aloud in islam because they are HARAM. :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
08-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

barakallahfeeki for this reminder. It was very random and out of no where but im sure u have your reason for posting this.

------
02-18-2008, 10:29 AM
:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for a good reminder :thumbs_up (I dunno where the pub thing came from, but yeh)

true believer
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Salam
good job sis.
i really liked ur thread, it was simple
and not too long. i understand what meant about pubs but muslims dont enter pubs,
but i also understand it from a disbeliever's point of view as they might not have known
that before and u would have made them understand a muslims' way of life. Good job.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
02-19-2008, 12:31 AM
What if you were going to be the designated driver?

rabarbara2008
02-19-2008, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by true believer
Salam
good job sis.
i really liked ur thread, it was simple
and not too long. i understand what meant about pubs but muslims dont enter pubs,
but i also understand it from a disbeliever's point of view as they might not have known
that before and u would have made them understand a muslims' way of life. Good job.
indeed well done, may Allah reward you
:w:

Pk_#2
02-19-2008, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for a good reminder :thumbs_up (I dunno where the pub thing came from, but yeh)
In that case, you hang around with Muslim folks, my mates always talk about pubs and getting drunk, you can imagine this is the only time I dont link with them and die of boredom listening to their stories, but they actually don't go to the pub when I'm with them,

Free mixing is a MAAASIV issue down here, since everyone is doing it, peer pressure makes it quite hard to refrain from it, May Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala) guide us and help us in achieving jannah, Ameen (Say Ameen)

JazakiAllah khair for reminder,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Mikayeel
02-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Salam Alykum thanks sister for the short yet powerfull reminder:)

With a sense of humor haha, the pub thingy:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.