/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help plz :cry:

Nasheeds4Ever
06-19-2007, 09:49 PM
:sl:

Im New Here and I Want To Ask You Guys Have A Nasheed Place Where You Can Post Lyrics Or Websites? I'm Obbessed With Nasheed And I Want To Know This A.S.A.P. Thank You

:sl: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
:salamext:
I'm sorry i don't listen to Nasheeds :( i don't really like them much. Anyways welcome to the Forum sis :) have a nice stay Inshallah. Take care, :w:

islamirama
06-19-2007, 09:59 PM
wa'alaikum as'salaam,

obessed you say?

Pop Culture in the Name of Islam
By Yvonne Ridley
Date: 2006-04-24

I FEEL very uncomfortable about the pop culture which is growing around some so-called Nasheed artists. Of course I use the term ‘Nasheed artists' very lightly. Islamic ‘boy bands' and Muslim ‘popsters' would probably be more appropriate.

Eminent scholars throughout history have often opined that music is haram, and I don't recall reading anything about the Sahaba whooping it up to the sound of music. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for people letting off steam, but in a dignified manner and one which is appropriate to their surroundings.

The reason I am expressing concern is that just a few days ago at a venue in Central London, sisters went wild in the aisles as some form of pop-mania swept through the concert venue. And I'm not just talking about silly, little girls who don't know any better; I am talking about sisters in their 20's, 30's and 40's, who squealed, shouted, swayed and danced. Even the security guys who looked more like pipe cleaners than bulldozers were left looking dazed and confused as they tried to stop hijabi sisters from standing on their chairs.

Of course the stage groupies did not help at all as they waved and encouraged the largely female Muslim crowd to "get up and sing along." (They're called ‘Fluffers' in lap-dancing circles!)

The source of all this adulation was British-born Sami Yusuf, who is so proud of his claret-colored passport that he wants us all to wave the Union Jacks. I'm amazed he didn't encourage his fans to sing "Land of Hope and Glory." Brother Sami asked his audience to cheer if they were proud to be British ,and when they responded loudly, he said he couldn't hear them and asked them to cheer again.

How can anyone be proud to be British? Britain is the third most hated country in the world. The Union Jack is drenched in the blood of our brothers and sisters across Iraq, Afghanistan, and Palestine. Our history is steeped in the blood of colonialism, rooted in slavery, brutality, torture, and oppression. And we haven't had a decent game of soccer since we lifted the World Cup in 1966.

Apparently Sami also said one of the selling points of Brand UK was having Muslims in the Metropolitan Police Force! Astafur'Allah! Dude, these are the same cops who have a shoot-to-kill policy and would have gunned down a Muslim last year if they could tell the difference between a Bangladeshi and a Brazilian. This is the same police force that has raided more than 3000 Muslim homes in Britain since 9/11. What sort of life is there on Planet Sami, I wonder? If he is so proud to be British, why is he living in the great Middle Eastern democracy of Egypt?

Apparently the sort of hysteria Sami helped encourage is also in America, and if it is happening on both sides of the Atlantic, then it must be creeping around the globe and poisoning the masses. Islamic boy bands like 786 and Mecca 2 Medina are also the subject of the sort of female adulation you expect to see on American Pop Idol or the X-Factor. Surely Islamic events should be promoting restrained and more sedate behavior.

Do we blame the out-of-control sisters? Or do we blame the organizers for allowing this sort of excessive behavior which demeans Islam? Or do we blame the artists themselves?

Abu Ali and Abu Abdul Malik, struggling for their Deen, would certainly not try to whip up this sort of hysteria. Neither would the anonymous heroic Nasheed artists who sing for freedom; check out Idhrib Ya Asad Fallujah, and you will know exactly what I mean.

Fallujah is now synonymous with the sort of heroic resistance that elevated the Palestinians of Jenin to the ranks of the resistance written about in the Paris Communeand the Siege of Leningrad. The US military has banned the playing of any Nasheeds about Fallujah because of the power and the passion it evokes.

If those Nasheeds had sisters running in the streets whooping and dancing, however, the Nasheeds may be encouraged because of haram activity surrounding them.

Quite frankly, I really don't know how anyone in the Ummah can really let go and scream and shout with joy at pleasure domes when there is so much brutality and suffering going on in the world today. The rivers of blood flow freely from the veins of our brothers and sisters from across the Muslim world.

Screaming and shouting the names of musical heroes drown out the screams coming from the dungeons of Uzbekistan where brothers and sisters are boiled alive in vats of water. How many will jump up and down and wave their arms in the air, shouting wildly for justice for our kin in Kashmir, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Palestine, and Iraq?

There are many more killing fields as well across the Asian and Arab world. Will you climb on theater chairs and express your rage over Guantanamo Bay and other gulags where our brothers and sisters are being tortured, raped, sodomized, beaten, and burned? Or will you just switch off this concerned sister and switch on to the likes of Sami Yusuf because he can sell you a pipe dream with his soothing words and melodic voice?

Oh, Muslims, wake up! The Ummah is not bleeding; it is hemorrhaging. Listen not to what is haram. Listen to the pain of your global family.

**Originally published in the DailyMuslims

http://www.yvonneridley.org/article.php?id=11

ummAbdillah
06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
:sl: ^ i've read that so many time MashAllah sis Yvonne Ridley speaks so much sense! welcome *again* :w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saira-k
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
so so so true

Nasheeds4Ever
06-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Salam

i understand what you are saying and i also think it was bad for the sisters to go crazy like that but not ALL people are like that and not ALL artist are like sami. To tell you the truth these nasheeds are to HELP people learn somethings about Islam and it is not meant to get people go crazy but to relize what the nasheed is trying to tell us. For example Dawud Wharnsby Ali and his nasheeds. he has one on the pillers of islam to teach kids and all but there are also someones thats meant for "teens". A beautful nasheed "The Veil" is to example and encurge sisters about wearing the hijab. Also drums in a nasheed is ok but other stuff like pianos or voilins ect. are not to be used. I think there should be nasheed but only with drums also i think this is a great way to spread and teach the Islam because as you may know that people remember nasheeds or songs and this will help them remeber the teaching of islam. Also is it not better to listen to nasheeds than listen to any of these "western" groups? If you had a choice either to listen to Brother Dawud Wharnsby Ali or to say...green day a western band? where will you learn more? and do you want people who enjoy music to go listen to a western group wouldn't it be better if they listen to a islamic singer who may teach them something and feed the thirst they have for music?

I hope you understand my point and you also have a good one

May Allah Bless You
Salam

BanGuLLy
06-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Nasheed Is Haram :s

islamirama
06-20-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bangsta
Nasheed Is Haram :s
and your proof is?

BanGuLLy
06-20-2007, 11:50 PM
because I heard music is haram..

Nasheeds4Ever
06-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Salam
"Bangsta" may Allah guide you. I know music is not haram and u need to know stuff to speak ok? Allah is the one to judge if someone is a "haram" (which by the way is totaly unacceptable) And i also when to a lecture by a Imam and he said that we should NEVER say this person is going to hell or this person is going to heven because it is totaly unacceptable

BanGuLLy
06-21-2007, 01:08 AM
I never said if you're goin to hell or not..and I was kinda jokin.. I have that confused face beside it ( :S ) I do listen to nasheeds.. but I seen youtube videos of Imams sayin that Music is against the religion..

islamirama
06-21-2007, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasheeds4Ever
Salam
"Bangsta" may Allah guide you. I know music is not haram and u need to know stuff to speak ok? Allah is the one to judge if someone is a "haram" (which by the way is totaly unacceptable) And i also when to a lecture by a Imam and he said that we should NEVER say this person is going to hell or this person is going to heven because it is totaly unacceptable

music is HARAAM!

Let it thru your head people, music is haraam. Nasheeds can or cannot be haraam. The so called nasheeds by sami yousef are haraam becuase they are not nasheeds even if he says they are. His nasheeds have music in it, and thus is no different from other muslim bands out there. saying "allahu" doesn't make it a nasheed. You want see a real nasheed? here is what a real nasheed looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/v/46uVGkXwiso

Now before some of you lads run off to your sheikh google for answers, go check with a real scholar and see what they says. We don't care what you "think", so how about you stop saying "i think its haraam" or "i think" this or that. If you don't know then keep your mouth close rather then spread falsehood.

Now here's some stuff you all should read from a real scholar:

THE ruling on Islamic nasheeds

Ruling on so-called “Islamic” songs with musical instruments

Ruling on music, singing and dancing

Is it correct to sing some songs without musical accompaniment?

Is music permissible by analogy with birdsong?

It is not permissible to call kuffaar to Islam by means of religious songs (nasheeds) accompanied by musical instruments

When is it permissible to beat the daff?

She loves Islamic nasheeds and they take up a lot of her time

BanGuLLy
06-21-2007, 04:13 AM
Told you it was stupid :P

Nasheeds4Ever
06-21-2007, 09:07 PM
look yes some so called "nasheeds" are haram but NOT ALL the nasheed has to be voices and maybe a drum not acting or music video stuff but NOT ALL NASHEEDS ARE HARAM some are good

'Abd al-Baari
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM
:sl:

Sis have you tried www.haqaonline.com
They have a great collection of nasheed lyrics and stuff :)

Hoep it helps

p.s
direct link
http://haqaonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=46

Nasheeds4Ever
06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Salam

Thank You So Much Abdullah. I Will Indeed Will Look There.

Salam

islamirama
06-22-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nasheeds4Ever
look yes some so called "nasheeds" are haram but NOT ALL the nasheed has to be voices and maybe a drum not acting or music video stuff but NOT ALL NASHEEDS ARE HARAM some are good
I agree, but we should not be so obsessed with them though. It's alternative to music bu nonetheless, it is still something to waste time and shaytan to keep you away from ebadaah of Allah. listening and then for relaxation is ok but when it keeps you from your islamic duties or other obligations then its a bit too much. And this advice goes out to everyone in general and no one in particular.

ummAbdillah
06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
:salamext:
sister i understand what you're saying but nasheeds have changed alot over the years and all of the sudden nasheeds have become an essential part of our lives! When ever there is an 'Islamic gathering' we often find nasheed artists singing and jumping on stage, is this what the Sahabah use to do? There are things that we do that make us negelct out obligatory duties like the salah and nasheeds may be one of these. I personally think that sis Yvvone is right, some nasheeds are more like pop songs than what there are actually meant to be. I am not saying that all Nasheeds are haram but there are obviously disagreements amongst the Ulima about it.
:w:

Nasheeds4Ever
06-22-2007, 09:27 PM
yes that is true what you are saying sister aisha and thee the Sahabahs used to recite poetry

Woodrow
06-22-2007, 09:48 PM
To help clarify things. As a moderator I will delete any link, in any section I moderate, that is to anything containing instrumental Music. With some exceptions being it is part of a news story and can not be deleted from the news source or it is an essential part of a statement and the statement is of such high value that there is no other choice but to keep it.

I am not even going to get into any argument over if instrumental music is haram or halal. I just feel that instrumental music allowed would open the door for to many other things.

Some of the other mods may disagree with me and allow them to stay. But I will delete any I find in any of the sections I moderate.

Now that I have said that.

I sincerely do welcome you to the Forum Sister Nasheeds4ever. I am sorry I sound so much like a grouchy old man, but the truth is I am a grouchy old man.

Now I do hope you will stay with us, look around try o teach us what you know, possibly learn a little, hopefully enjoy yourself and over all be happy you found this forum

SATalha
06-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Sister I can understand what your going through (although not as passsionatly as you describe). I used to be into Nasheeds alot, i still listen to some like Kamal Uddin and Ahmed Bukhatir. But i have found that recitation of Quran is the best thing to listen to. I try not to spend as much time listening to nasheeds (although some have beautiful meaning like Ghurabah), i have found that Quran with meaning can lift some one greatly.

Try listening to more Quran inshallah....and then you can be Quran4Ever :D

Woodrow
06-22-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Sister I can understand what your going through (although not as passsionatly as you describe). I used to be into Nasheeds alot, i still listen to some like Kamal Uddin and Ahmed Bukhatir. But i have found that recitation of Quran is the best thing to listen to. I try not to spend as much time listening to nasheeds (although some have beautiful meaning like Ghurabah), i have found that Quran with meaning can lift some one greatly.

Try listening to more Quran inshallah....and then you can be Quran4Ever :D
:w:

This just reminded me That Most non-instrumental Nasheeds such as Ghurabah will be approved by all of the mods, including myself.

SATalha
06-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Allahamdulillah Brother Woodrow trust me some of these nasheeds are excellent in their meanings. Especialy Ghurahba because of its context, and the first time it was preformed from that jail in Egyptimsad . Also Mishary Rashid makes some realy nice nasheeds, like the one about the importance of water.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!