2. Fear of Inkblots

Seriously, When I see inkblots my heart skips a beat. Just look at that ==>

A`oothobiallaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm-sulaim
06-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Lolz...subhana Allaah, they either make laugh or think deeply :X

I too have quiete a few.

I used to be really scared of heights i still am if i'm looking out of flats or tall buildings, but strangely i'm fine with mountains...

I also have a phobia of drowning ( drowned before)

My weirdest phobia is pregnant women's tummies :X dunno why...freaks me out nicely...

wassalaamu alaykum

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Subhanallaah,Your laughing at me? You're the one scared of a belly.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
churches... seriously, i have a STRONG phobia of churches, hav to pass one spooky one surrounded by graves everytime i go to my friends

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
im reali reali reali reali reali scard of pigeons and any animals wiv feathers n wings dey jus sooooo skary. n also veins i cnt look at em it mks me dizzy.wich sounds kinda funy bt i actuali fainted once cus my frend ws showing me her veins lol

samsam
06-21-2007, 10:23 AM
i have a great phobia of lifts. stepping in 1 makes my heart skip. and i ve got a phobia of lifts and insects.

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
You know what, I am with you on that one, but me its more specific. Cathedrals, and all those stained glass. I feel as if (no offence) gargoyles live in them.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
i was just wondering if the females in general have more phobia's then males? :? lol or perhaps just the males dont wish to share

umm-sulaim
06-21-2007, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ra`eesah
Subhanallaah,Your laughing at me? You're the one scared of a belly.
Hehe sorry, I wasn't laughing at you ukhtee, i'm laughing at the way we're all different, maasha'Allaah. Something that is ok with you, freaks another out n vice versa. That amazes me...Allaah's signs are everywhere :statisfie

IbnuAbdulHakim: me too...i avoid passing one near our house cos there's graves surrounding it, and no one goes in there anymore, and you can tell it's dated , it has moss i think it's called (that green stuff) all over it...
In answer to your Q, i think you answered it in the your second statement :X but Allaahu a'lam Allaah says in suratu nissaa 'and mankind was made weak'
wassalaamu alaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
You know what, I am with you on that one, but me its more specific. Cathedrals, and all those stained glass. I feel as if (no offence) gargoyles live in them.
and the thought of a statue of Isa Alaihissalaam strapped up inside on a wooden cross, thats the scariest thought to me...

(i sincerely hope i have not offended anyone, but in all honesty thinking of the prophet Isa's statue manifest and barely shrouded (as seen many times befor) causes me much anxiety)

rozeena
i knw exactli where u cumin 4m i hav a couple of frends who r skared of lifts cus dey fink its guna get stuck in 1 n dey wnt b able to get out. wich is SCARY if u fink bout it

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
IbnuAbdulHakim: me too...i avoid passing one near our house cos there's graves surrounding it, and no one goes in there anymore, and you can tell it's dated , it has moss i think it's called (that green stuff) all over it...

wassalaamu alaykum
yeah the green stuff is moss, how does that grow :? just out of curiousity :? is it when a place is stricken from sunlight for too long?

umm-sulaim
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yeah the green stuff is moss, how does that grow :? just out of curiousity :? is it when a place is stricken from sunlight for too long?
That would explain the mould n moss on the church i was mentionin, cos the sun doesn't go anywhere near it...it's covered by trees

I dunno how it grows though, i thought maybe from dampness, Allaahu a'lam

wassalaamu alaykum

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Yea that’s a small worry I have can't really call it a Phobia, didn’t reach that level yet, just a worry, about the lift (elevators). There is tension.

And yea, some phobias derive from tragic experience. Because it is said that when you are born, you only have a natural disposition to fear 2 things by default. That is Fear of Falling and Fear of Loud Noise. Other fears are learnt.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:
I don't have any phobias, Alhamdulilah. Anxieties, maybe. But no real fears.

In fact, I think, that as long as you have total faith and reliance in Allah swt and fear him more than anything, it should give a person the strength to overcome all fears/phobias.
may Allah continue making you stronger in faith Ameen :)

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 10:39 AM
I had a feeling someone would come out with a reminder like that.

Well then, what are your 'anxiesties'.

S.A.
06-21-2007, 10:41 AM

Here are mine:

1. Lionophobia
2. Tigerophobia
3. Car accidentophobia

I can never never never ever ever take a lion or a tiger for a pet. God knows how westerners do that. watching the site of a gigantic lion or tiger just freaks me out completely let alone the thought of it coming close to me (inshallah never) or one day becoming its target. I have seen a couple of videos of lion attacks and believe me i was just COLD and BLANK!

Car accidents....nooo...nothing worse than dying by means of a tragic car accident.

These are my 3 goosebumps giving phobias , the rest are minor and need not be mentioned.

Pray all for me that I stay away from the 1, 2 and 3 mentioned above.

Ma'assalamah (Cool thread btw)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
i think Allah can test people with really strong phobia's if he wants :), if we overcome them with our belief in Allah then subhanAllah imagine the reward we get. For example there maybe people really scared to make hajj because they can get trampled on or really scared to go jihaad fillah but then overcomes these anxieties and fears Allah, subhanAllah, may Allah give us the tawfeeq to face our fears and please him Ameen !

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
So you would be really terrified from a "Liger" lol a cross breed of a lion and a tiger {and yes they do exist. Don’t believe me? Google it.}

May Allaah keep you far from them and keep you safe from any tragic car accident ~Ammeeeenn.

And the thread is only cool because you are cool.

Delivering a speech in front of a large audience :exhausted

That is acually a common one. You should read on how to over come that.

S.A.
06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
So you would be really terrified from a "Liger" lol a cross breed of a lion and a tiger {and yes they do exist. Don’t believe me? Google it.}

May Allaah keep you far from them and keep you safe from any tragic car accident ~Ammeeeenn.

And the thread is only cool because you are cool.

That is acually a common one. You should read on how to over come that.
Thanks for the cool compliment :peace:

I just hope that in this thread people dotn deviate from the main topic and that no debate or argument starts.

I didnt know there is cross breed of lions and tigers

Have Faith
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
subhanallah .. animals that are furry ... such as RABBITS .. DOGS .. CATS .. etc ..
they freak me out :uuh:

and my biggest phobia of all would be drowning :cry:

may allah keep us away from a death of drowning !!!

MuhammadRizan
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM

i think my phobia is dog, those filthy saliva dripping kind of dog+o( , i have no problem with snoopy though..

i think another thing is rejection, it's make me 2 years to send love letter, it takes 3 more years to date her, my first date actually during our engagement..

but i already overcome this phobia when i became salesman.:p

Sanobar
06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
i have the most common phobia and that's the water phobia .. lol.. beaches .. rivers ... ponds.. evrything... am jus too scared to go near them!:(
:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Have Faith
may allah keep us away from a death of drowning !!!
back when i had the tiniest knowledge i use to make dua' that my death might be of drowning when it occurs because i wanted shaheeds death.

wallahi i would consider a muslim man drowning to be one of the most honorable deaths.

may Allah grant us all martyrdom Ameen! :)

$tranger
06-21-2007, 10:57 AM
My phobia is....

when women can't stop talking

:D

Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Spiders..they're so scary..no matter how small they are..it's jus they're itty bitty legs scare me.
I also have a fear of enclosed spaces..not all the time though, as my bedroom's pretty small I'm fine here, as I get some peace at least, BUT I hate three door cars, when I first started driving I had a 3-door car and hated it..made me feel so squashed..and I dunno..I kept on thinking about accidents and how people in the back seat wouldn't be able to get out..
That's scary..

S.A.
06-21-2007, 11:05 AM
back when i had the tiniest knowledge i use to make dua' that my death might be of drowning when it occurs because i wanted shaheeds death.

wallahi i would consider a muslim man drowning to be one of the most honorable deaths.

I was just abt to raise the pointt..

I heard that a muslim who dies by drowning is considered to be a shaheed. is it true?

And if it then according to me it is one of the easiest ways to be a shaheed . but i inshallah i die before sharks attack me...lol..

AmarFaisal
06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sanobar
i have the most common phobia and that's the water phobia .. lol.. beaches .. rivers ... ponds.. evrything... am jus too scared to go near them!:(
Yes me too sis,, I have the water phobia, and worst is that I can't swim, I wish I knew swimming so atleast I could avoid the thought of drowning. Everyday when I go for a walk to the beach I just think one thing "What happens when I jump from here?"<---silly , silly thoughts. And beleive me my husband won't save me coz he has the same phobia too.:'(

My second is COCKROACHES :scared: :scared: :scared:
My whole body lets out screams when I see one..n they always run at me!!!!!!
May Allah Protect me from them!

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Ok, ok, you dont have to read anything.Becuase you do not have a 'fear' * denial*

Musaafir ok first of all how do you get a 3 door car? I never heard of such a car before, I thought the doors had to be even, meaning 2 door,4 door. Unless it was a van with one sided door that slid?

yea dark water scares me, if I cant see through it, I am petrified by it. Also spiders. eww they are so nasty. This is exactly why >Spider Bite<

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 11:08 AM
Ok, ok, you dont have to read anything.Bceuase you do not have a 'fear' * denial*

Musaafir ok first of all how do you get a 3 door car? I never heard of suc a car before, I thought the doors had to be even, meaning 2 door,4 door. Unless it was a van with one sided door that slid?
lol the boot is considered to be a door. weird british people eh!

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
I heard that a muslim who dies by drowning is considered to be a shaheed. is it true?..
without a shadow of a doubt its true sis Alhamdulillah

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:12 AM
:sl: fear...of the unknown :-\

Dania
06-21-2007, 11:15 AM
i have a phobia of clealiness i just cant stand anything dirty the same with my sister though she seems like shes scared of anything dirty she sees.. hehe.

Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
lol the boot is considered to be a door. weird british people eh!
lol..you've explained it for me..
and Ra'eesa am sorry..I just assumed most people here were from England..and also assumed that three-door cars were known by that description everywhere..

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:18 AM
i have a phobia of clealiness i just cant stand anything dirty the same with my sister though she seems like shes scared of anything dirty she sees.. hehe.
hmm..one of the most common phobias is that...I've studied them as part of psychology..interesting topic... :p

Hey can anybody guess what mysophobia is the phobia of? :p dunno if I spelt it right, lol

Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 11:20 AM
duno if I'm being silly..but anything to do with mushrooms or fungus?

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:22 AM
hehe! :D erm...NO! good guess tho :p

Asyur an-Nagi
06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
rats. mashaAllah......!!!it scared me!

Dania
06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
i have a fear of creepy crawlies too. once a COCKROACH was on top of my leg in a restaurant once i saw it i didnt scream thnk god but i pushed it awya. i know so disgusting and then i didnt eat anything from tht restaurant even though everyone else still was.

cihad
06-21-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't actually care about how I die -like drowning or whatever ,I mean once your dead your dead, so i don't actually mind how grusome my death is. But one thing i really wouldn't like is being tortured-it just gives me the chills to even think about it.

Another thing I have a real phobia is of small enclosed spaces. My chest just gets tight and i think all the oxygen is just going to finish up

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
lol ok ima tell you a TRUE story that took place between me....and A WASP! :'( :zip: LOL

what happened was that one day I was takin ma hijab off after coming in from somewhere right....and ma hair was messed up and had come around ma neck so I was just sorting it out when I noticed something on my neck stuck to the end of ma hair...at first I just thot it was abitta fluff so I took it off...looked at it and guess what it was......................? :'(

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad
I don't actually care about how I die -like drowning or whatever ,I mean once your dead your dead, so i don't actually mind how grusome my death is. But one thing i really wouldn't like is being tortured-it just gives me the chills to even think about it.
you should research on sakharatul maut (the time of deatH), i think you'll mind the way you die after that subhanAllah.

you see Allah knows how much pain we will get but the evil doers will get so much pain as though a cotton is slowly getting pushed through hundreds of needles getting pierced bit by bit.... audhubillah.

the martyr (one who drowns) dies as though he only gets the slightest pinch and feels nothing more. Allahu Akbar

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 11:34 AM
thats nothing flawed, a boy gut stung by a wasp so bad in our school that he was hospitalised for three days, and then when he came back he kept saying "why me out of all the kids" lool

Allah's hukum ;D

S.A.
06-21-2007, 11:34 AM

Another thing I have a real phobia is of small enclosed spaces. My chest just gets tight and i think all the oxygen is just going to finish up
'one thing i really wouldn't like is being tortured'.....dear sis ...this is what all of us meant by drowning, car accidents, lions and tigers. in some there is mental torture while some others physical :)

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
yea, Mysophiba scared of dirty things,contamination. You can remember it by saying the word as "my soap fobiyah" get it. jokes

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:39 AM
thats nothing flawed, a boy gut stung by a wasp so bad in our school that he was hospitalised for three days, and then when he came back he kept saying "why me out of all the kids" lool

Allah's hukum ;D
lol I just..... :X lol I gasped really loud and afta dat ma li'l sis kept copyin me, lol :-[

yea, Mysophiba scared of dirty things,contamination. You can remember it by saying the word as "my soap fobiyah" get it. jokes
nupee sis...its the fear of cancer, m quite sure :-\ lol

The Ruler
06-21-2007, 11:40 AM

my worst ever phobia is the jeepers creepers guy.

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:42 AM
hu's that? :-\ afraid of a human?? pfffft! lol only kiddin, I'm terrified of Mr.Blobby actually :-\ rofl

S_87
06-21-2007, 11:43 AM

vomitting and snakes >_<

Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
hu's that? :-\ afraid of a human?? pfffft! lol only kiddin, I'm terrified of Mr.Blobby actually :-\ rofl
# Blobby oh mr. Blobby# Wibble bubble blobol blob..
LOLLLLLL!!

The Ruler
06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
:w:Bet you're only saying that because the inkblot in the first post reminded you of it :p
nope. the ink thingamajig actually reminded me of the dark spiderman.

Re.TiReD
# Blobby oh mr. Blobby# Wibble bubble blobol blob..
LOLLLLLL!!

lol! can you imagine him blobbing over and falling ontop of a poor kid? scarred for life man! :-\ (not that it hapened to me but just imagine.....) :p

Dania
no mysophobia isnt fear of cancer i looked up in google it is 'an abnormal fear of dirt and contamination'.

Re.TiReD
06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
seriously? :-\ what did I write in my exam then? lol ok then..what's the fear of long words?? its a really long word btw....ironic huh? :p

umm-sulaim
06-21-2007, 11:58 AM

same here...

The person who drowns gets double that what a normal martyr gets, hadeeth is in sheikh Muqbil's (rahimahu Allaah) book 'Jaami saheeh mimma laysa fi saheehayn' n if i'm not mistaken the narrator is umm saleet...

wassalaamu alaykum

DAWUD_adnan
06-21-2007, 12:02 PM
haha I had this dream yesterady where this frog was jumping at me, i woke op saying Oh my GOd!, funny ow the same with birds they are cute and all but when they come flying at you ....... ''freakky''

------
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
:salamext:

Fear of heights....get a wheezy feeling...not too good I tell u.... :(

Ra`eesah
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
lol @ jeepers creepers reminded by the ink blog.

yea and fear of cancer is called "Carcinophobia" or simply "Cancerophobia"

that frong bit was kinda creepy. You guys know who made me scared as a kid growing up and till now makes me nervous??

Pee wee Herman.:'(

*noor
06-21-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm afraid of small spaces, weird bugs, and drowning.

skhalid
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
marriage....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :coolalien

Gangster No.1
06-21-2007, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by skhalid
marriage....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :coolalien

LOL.

Im dont fear, but have a scary tingle wen near dogs and cats, erm....they do sort of frighten me, especially dogs just dont want them 2 lick me, or touch me, init. and cats are scary, once a little kitten wudnt stop following me,LOL, seriously, i just pegged it round corner, and CHIPPED!

I dont like swimming, nearly drowned once. alhamdullihah allah protects me, and inshlah wont be scared of nufin apart from the Almighty.

:sl: :D

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm scared of the dark....:embarrass

Al-Zaara
06-21-2007, 01:12 PM

Here are mine:

1. Lionophobia
2. Tigerophobia
Oh myy... I'm your total opposite habibi. I LOVE those creatures, even though they'd kill me... Yeah it would be painful but oh well, worth it. :p

Do I have phobias? Hmm. I suppouse not. But I am quite scared of insects, not like I go mad, but I would prefer a world without them. :coolious:

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
I see dead people.... :'(

S.A.
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Oh myy... I'm your total opposite habibi. I LOVE those creatures, even though they'd kill me... Yeah it would be painful but oh well, worth it. :p
:
:'( :'( :'( Sad to hear this...:cry:

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
yeah :zip:

tomtomsmom
06-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I have a snake phobia. When I get near a snake I start to get hysterical!!!!!!

Have Faith
06-21-2007, 01:33 PM

subhanallah i never knew that a drowning man is a shaheed :ooh:

but still .. the fear of this torture ..:-\ .. it is just a scaryyyy situation !!!

and allah knows best ..

ameen to the duas

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:33 PM
I love snakes...played wit wen i woz lil..it nearly bit me....^o)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Fear of heights....get a wheezy feeling...not too good I tell u.... :(
understand what you mean, especially when your really high above looking down a clear glass window straight to the floor, or that crack in between the planks of the bridges..... :uuh: :uuh:

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
understand what you mean, especially when your really high above looking down a clear glass window straight to the floor, or that crack in between the planks of the bridges..... :uuh: :uuh:
I'm happier off da ground ^o)

jzcasejz
06-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Yep...torture is one thing that really frightens me, bigtime.
Always get a strange feeling that I'ma go through it once in my lifetime, some scary stuff.

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:42 PM
DEATH......i just hope to die in my sleep...scary :-\

smile
06-21-2007, 01:44 PM
COCKOROACHES! those scary things running around everywhere with their antlers or whatever you call it

jzcasejz
06-21-2007, 01:45 PM
DEATH......i just hope to die in my sleep...scary :-\
The events after death are scarier than death itself...

Al-Zaara
06-21-2007, 01:46 PM
yeah :zip:
Silly people. :p Don't be so sad... At least know I am happy. :D

skhalid
06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
The events after death are scarier than death itself...
EVEN SCARIER I KNOW :ooh:

Musaafirah
06-21-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ...FLaWeD...
lol! can you imagine him blobbing over and falling ontop of a poor kid? scarred for life man! :-\ (not that it hapened to me but just imagine.....) :p
LOL!!
Waddya mean scarred for life? They'd be SQUASHED for life :P
(By the way, you serious about being scared of Mr. Blobby?)

ژاله
06-21-2007, 05:46 PM
i am scared of difficulties
i never know how would i manage to get through

m102313
06-21-2007, 05:49 PM

I also don't have any phobia's/fears. Alhumdullilah. I just fear Allah (SWT).
Well I used to be scared of spiders and insects when i was small, but not anymore.

ummAbdillah
06-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Snakes,
Spiders,
cockroaches,
mice,
rats,
moths,
& all creepy crawlers
& HELL

S.A.
06-21-2007, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Have Faith
subhanallah i never knew that a drowning man is a shaheed :ooh:

but still .. the fear of this torture ..:-\ .. it is just a scaryyyy situation !!!

and allah knows best ..

ameen to the duas
but better than the situation when ur head is in the mouth of a lion...:cry: :'(

Silly people. :p Don't be so sad... At least know I am happy. :D
I dont find any reason why one shud feel happy after an attack by a lion...:cry:

S.A.
06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh myy... I'm your total opposite habibi. I LOVE those creatures, even though they'd kill me... Yeah it would be painful but oh well, worth it. :p:
I really wanted to show this video..i hope i can change ur view or atleast u can take some caution with such creatures.

im not sure if u have already watched it, but here is the link, do watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

and believe me its not worth it sis..one thing that shud never be forgotten is that an animal is and will always remain an animal no matter wht.

May Allah keep us away from such situations.

Ma'assalamah

umm-sulaim
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Subhana Allaah!!......woah all that blooooood, la hawla wa la quwwata illa billaah!....miskeen, I hope he's touched by the mercy of Allaah

But man....why they gotta do that to Lions (tigers etc), training them n all....a wild animal is a wild animal, end of!

thx for the link sis

wassalaamu alaykum

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
i am scared of difficulties
i never know how would i manage to get through
sister there is a dua' for this hang on let me try find it for you.

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...efuge-you.html

there you go

AllahoAkbar
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
spiders....i'm realy scared of spiders.

Pk_#2
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Peace,

yeah phobia of medication :

1) it's disgusting +o(:mmokay:

2) if it's a tablet i think it's gonna get stuk in my throat :hmm: :exhausted

bint_muhammed
06-21-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
im reali reali reali reali reali scard of pigeons and any animals wiv feathers n wings dey jus sooooo skary. n also veins i cnt look at em it mks me dizzy.wich sounds kinda funy bt i actuali fainted once cus my frend ws showing me her veins lol
OMG i have the same phobias, i hate hate birds and i cant stand hospitals, blood bruises, i start to have panick attacks when i see someone suffereing a seizure etc.

bint_muhammed
06-21-2007, 09:07 PM
a lot of these arnt phobias, a phobia is an unrational fear, whilst most of them make sense why you fear them

Al-Zaara
06-21-2007, 10:07 PM
but better than the situation when ur head is in the mouth of a lion...:cry: :'(

I dont find any reason why one shud feel happy after an attack by a lion...:cry:
lol Sis, I'm not saying I want to get in that situation, alhamdulillah I haven't gone completely nuts. :p I think I would prefer getting killed by a creature who is an animal and does things by instinct rather by an human who could have stopped himself/herself from killing me... Get me?

Well inshaAllah I will have a mild death... [how mild it now can be].

I really wanted to show this video..i hope i can change ur view or atleast u can take some caution with such creatures.

im not sure if u have already watched it, but here is the link, do watch it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

and believe me its not worth it sis..one thing that shud never be forgotten is that an animal is and will always remain an animal no matter wht.

May Allah keep us away from such situations.

Ma'assalamah
Ameen to the dua. :)

Caution?? Sister, I wouldn't act as if a tiger or lion would be a kitty cat, please just because I love them doesn't mean I get totally stupid. I know very well what they are.

Yes, I have seen that video and many others. Astagfirullah, it's very sad and disgusting.. But I have seen worse things done by humans, who do not react on instinct and is not wild. I won't blame a creature like a lion or tiger for killing. Now think about that sister. I fear humans far more than animals.

Al_Imaan
06-21-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't have any phobias, Alhamdulilah. Anxieties, maybe. But no real fears.

In fact, I think, that as long as you have total faith and reliance in Allah swt and fear him more than anything, it should give a person the strength to overcome all fears/phobias.

aw man, I wish I just had anxieties instead of fears...:(....my phobias:

1) Insects...all insects including butterflies...although their beautiful, they have creepy crawly legs and antennas....

2) Blood...if i get a deep cut, the pain won't have an affect on me but the blood...I just freak out and would eventually cry at every drop of blood...(and I have dreams of becomin' a doctor :) )....Did you know that 1 drop of blood contains 1,000 blood cells....or is it 10,000?....:p

3) Jinns...ghosts, whatever u wanna call 'em...I've always had these weird thoughts about 'em since I was a little grl...that's cuz I used to watch scary movies with my older cuzins and then they would taunt me 'bout it....it just creep me out...and i had an encounter w/ 'em...don't even ask bout it....

lyesh
06-22-2007, 02:19 AM

my phobia...:embarrass doctors...

doctors... lol! there was this one time when i went to see a doc... so he was checking on my preassure and pulse rate... he was like :ooh: when he saw mine way higher than the normal! and he goes.. "Is this the first time you came to see a doctor? why are you so scared??" lol!

S.A.
06-22-2007, 07:40 AM
But I have seen worse things done by humans, who do not react on instinct and is not wild. I won't blame a creature like a lion or tiger for killing. Now think about that sister. I fear humans far more than animals.
quite understandable ...:rolleyes:

But i wud never never want to get killed by an animal....u and me 2 extremes i guesss..:coolious: :thankyou:

skhalid
06-22-2007, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AllahoAkbar
spiders....i'm realy scared of spiders.
derz one on ya shoulder lol i'm jowkin :D

Star
06-23-2007, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lyesh

my phobia...:embarrass doctors...

doctors... lol! there was this one time when i went to see a doc... so he was checking on my preassure and pulse rate... he was like :ooh: when he saw mine way higher than the normal! and he goes.. "Is this the first time you came to see a doctor? why are you so scared??" lol!
lol, i'm also scared of doctors, i've not been to see one in ages.

Dont laugh, but i'm also scared of cats, i dont how people can see them as cute, if i see one i run a mile.

ranma1/2
06-23-2007, 01:56 PM
What is your Phobia, Share with us.

I will start first. I have many but the strangest ones I have are:

1. Fear of Balloons
2. Fear of Inkblots

Seriously, When I see inkblots my heart skips a beat. Just look at that ==>

A`oothobiallaah.
hmm defintily looks like some sort of monster standing with its arms out.
maybe an elepahnt or bug man?

ranma1/2
06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
as for phobias.
Id say in general i hate being in situations i have no control over.

I get antsy being the driverside passenger with someone im not familiar with "or if they are bad drivers".
I also get antsy flying. "mainly during take off or landing.

I hate walking into spider webs. But im not afraid of spiders.

ranma1/2
06-23-2007, 02:01 PM
You should watch the epsiode 11 of the new doctor who series called Blink.
Its about statues that only move when noone is looking at them. And they take your potential life.....

tears4husain
06-23-2007, 02:06 PM
:sl: mine is dogs that aren't mines,thats the only phobia.:D :w:

ranma1/2
06-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the cool compliment :peace:

I just hope that in this thread people dotn deviate from the main topic and that no debate or argument starts.

I didnt know there is cross breed of lions and tigers
Yes, but i dont think it occures in nature. These Ligers are HUGE!! and so far i think they are normally sterile.

ANd the Are HUGEEE!!

Re.TiReD
06-25-2007, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
LOL!!
Waddya mean scarred for life? They'd be SQUASHED for life :P
(By the way, you serious about being scared of Mr. Blobby?)
lol hehe :okay: nah am kiddin :p dreamer scared of Mr.Blobby? pffft! we bezzy mates! :D

youngsister
06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Clowns
The dark
Anything thats not human(all animals especially cats!):w:

amirah_87
06-25-2007, 10:33 PM

My Phobia .........

:skeleton: :offended: :skeleton: :offended: :skeleton: :offended: :skeleton: :offended:

...And Deep Dark Murky Waters. :-\

Abdul Fattah
06-25-2007, 10:40 PM
spiders, they give me goosebumbs

seeker_of_ilm
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Alhamdulillah I don't have any phobias, be they insects, heights, fast cars, or even clowns. They don't scare me at all. I did have a fear of heights, but I overcame that, by the will of Allaah.

Although, shopping with women :exhausted . Pretty scary stuff.

nevesirth
06-25-2007, 11:18 PM
well im scared of knives, get goose bumps when i see a sharp knife, i almost feel it cutting me!!!!!!!!!!!!

.:Mustapha:.
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

:skeleton: :offended: :skeleton: :offended: :skeleton: :offended: :skeleton: :offended:
You said it sis. I especially hate the flying Cockroaches. Flippin' disgusting. :enough!: +o(

amirah_87
06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by .:Mustapha:.
You said it sis. I especially hate the flying Cockroaches. Flippin' disgusting. :enough!: +o(

Same here, I had one of them Giant Flying Roaches fly straight at me and land on my back. :laugh:

They run so fast too.. :omg:

Encolpius
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Two. The first is clowns, but then again, that's nothing special. The world is divided into two types of people - those who are terrified of clowns and those who are clowns, so... yeah.

The second, and this is really weird, is the creaky noise that rubber makes if you try to push it into a small space. Imagine the sound of someone rubbing a balloon, or pushing a pencil eraser along a table by its flat side. Those sounds are evil.

Mawaddah
06-26-2007, 09:16 PM

BRINCESSSSSSS Ewwwhwhwhwhwhww :'(

And are those Eggs???

But I dont really have a 'phobia' of anything alhamdulillah (or not that I know off at least :rollseyes:) But I just get nervousness...or anxieties like how Alpha Dude said.

Some of my anxieties :

Driving with my dad when he's in an overly happy mood :offended:

Using a sharp knife, I'm always worrying I'll cut myself, but at the same time I enjoy sharp knives to use.

Talking in front of an audience.

amirah_87
06-26-2007, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah

BRINCESSSSSSS Ewwwhwhwhwhwhww :'(

And are those Eggs???

Wa alaykum as salaam,

:exhausted Tell me about it!

Yup that long rectagluar thing? That's how their eggs look like. +o( +o(

saira-k
06-26-2007, 09:51 PM
spiders mice dogs! wel most animals and insects and creepy crawlies :L haha

Skavau
06-27-2007, 12:32 AM
I am petrified of wasps since being attacked by a nest as a child. I remember clearly also walking home at about 14 years old with a wasp on my shoulder. I walked very slowly home, hoping it would fly off. It did eventually to my immense relief.

Re.TiReD
06-27-2007, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Encolpius
The world is divided into two types of people - those who are terrified of clowns and those who are clowns, so... yeah.
lol ;D yeah I fall into the second category, lol

muzna
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
worms...long slimy things crawling..cant stand them..

ummAbdillah
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
The dark :w:
same here :phew

Israa
06-27-2007, 04:34 PM
well i am scared of all animals especially dogs but i don't fear ants, we get along fine.

sudais1
06-28-2007, 12:20 AM
^^^ hahaha ants, lol, I hate dogs i was chased by 2 yesterday, I hate seeing dead people, walking graveyards or even, seeing a coffin. I like living people most of us get a long just fine

snakelegs
06-28-2007, 05:29 AM
has anyone here either suffered from agoraphobia, or know someone who has?
all your phobias are minor compared to this crippling phobia. this one is an actual mental illness.
i suffered from this as a young adult. i overcame it on my own but it was a long haul and there are still a few minor remnants even now.
believe me it is no picnic.
other than that Biggie, i am fine with all kinds little phobias - i really don't have any that i can think of. i guess i go for the Big Stuff. :giggling:

.:Umniyah:.
06-28-2007, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
has anyone here either suffered from agoraphobia, or know someone who has?
all your phobias are minor compared to this crippling phobia. this one is an actual mental illness.
i suffered from this as a young adult. i overcame it on my own but it was a long haul and there are still a few minor remnants even now.
believe me it is no picnic.
other than that Biggie, i am fine with all kinds little phobias - i really don't have any that i can think of. i guess i go for the Big Stuff. :giggling:
I looked it up because i wasnt sure what it was, so for everyone else who doesnt know either....heres what it is

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder which primarily consists of the fear of experiencing a difficult or embarrassing situation from which the sufferer cannot escape.

People with agoraphobia may experience panic attacks in situations where they feel trapped, insecure, out of control, or too far from their personal comfort zone. In severe cases, an agoraphobic may be confined not only to their home, but to one or two rooms, and they may even become bed-bound, or a recluse.

The medical diagnosis, however, is not a consciously mild presentation of fear or embarrassment; agoraphobic attacks may occur during deep sleep. Adrenaline is released[citation needed] in large amounts for several minutes causing the classical "fight or flight" condition. Although each attack is short in duration, with agoraphobics the attacks come in waves lasting for hours or even days[citation needed]. During the attacks the patient is debilitated, experiences a loss of identity (detached from reality), and is unable to leave the home[citation needed]. The patient may take refuge in a corner, on the bed, or pace the halls for hours. This condition requires medical intervention. If the patient is without medication he or she must be taken to a hospital or paramedics must be called to come to the home, otherwise secondary existing medical conditions may manifest (such as autoimmune flare-ups). Often, during attacks, the patient will refuse to leave the home and will be unable to recognize family members. Agoraphobia is a disease of the brain stem of various etiologies: drug abuse, alcoholism, genetics, inflammatory disease, among others.[citation needed]

Agoraphobia sufferers are often extremely sensitized to their own bodily sensations, subconsciously over-reacting to perfectly normal events. For example, the exertion involved in climbing a flight of stairs may trigger a full-blown panic attack, because it increases the heartbeat and breathing rate, which the agoraphobic interprets as the start of a panic attack instead of a normal fluctuation.
I suffered from some of that as a preteen. Not to such a grave extent.....Like i wouldnt fear leaving the house, but i wouldnt leave and i wouldnt leave my room either. Not because i feared it just because i didnt want to, i hated everything and i thought everyone was so cruel yada yada. This part:

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder which primarily consists of the fear of experiencing a difficult or embarrassing situation from which the sufferer cannot escape.

People with agoraphobia may experience panic attacks in situations where they feel trapped, insecure, out of control, or too far from their personal comfort zone. In severe cases, an agoraphobic may be confined not only to their home, but to one or two rooms, and they may even become bed-bound, or a recluse.
SubhanAllah, that is exactly how i felt. I hateeeeeeeeed! the thought of being embarrased....i could NEVER give oral presentations in school....i coudlnt even stand in front of people for too long before i wanted to cry or before i would totally shut everything out and wouldnt even respond to someone talking to me.

It got so bad that i had to be taken out of regular school, because i simply couldnt deal. I was a shell within myself. I wouldnt talk much, i wouldnt eat at all for days. Wow thinking back on that is pretty scary, its crazy how you can develope illnesses and dont even know it until its happened.

I use to have panic attacks all the time i was on meds for that. And then the 'illnesses' poured in. Because of my shutting down due to fear of embarrassing situations and people at whole, i wouldnt eat, and naturally i developed eating disorders....YEP the list goes on. I think at one time i was afriad of food. Honestly. I was afriad of people and I hated the 'cruel, heartless' world.

Al Hamdulillah for the most part , most of those phobias are gone. But i still hate being the center of attention....i shut down at the thought of being embarrased or whatever....just not AS bad as before....hmm, something to still consider i'd say....anyhow im done:p

oh wait and i hated small spaces at the same time.....i would freak in elevators and the thought of drowning or suffercating was deathly scary to me.

:peace:

HBot 5000
06-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Have none i'm perfect :)

IbnAbdulHakim
06-28-2007, 10:57 AM
^ he must be truthaphobic :p

.:Umniyah:.
06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
^ he must be truthaphobic :p
loooooooooooooooooool.....omg thats hilarious.....

lol he must suffer from it horribly too.

piXie
06-28-2007, 11:23 AM

m scared o' sharks :cry:

atha
07-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Hmm! my phobias. The list goes from the most significant to the least.

1-Getting raped. If someone were to break my bones, I will be so ok. But rape, is a completely different story.

2-Racism.

3-Long, really long and sharp blades.

4-Lizards. Slimy, slithery lizards. I don't mind snakes but lizards are like eeewww, just wrong.

I guess that's all. I am taking care of 1 and 3 by learning martial arts, inshaAllah.

Kind Regards
Assalam-u-aliakum

Oh, I forgot to say. I so dislike getting scared or panicking. So I am sure, if anything triggers fear or panic, I will be able to control it inshaAllah.

Kind Regards

Encolpius
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by atha
Hmm! my phobias. The list goes from the most significant to the least.

1-Getting raped. If someone were to break my bones, I will be so ok. But rape, is a completely different story.

2-Racism.

3-Long, really long and sharp blades.

4-Lizards. Slimy, slithery lizards. I don't mind snakes but lizards are like eeewww, just wrong.

I guess that's all. I am taking care of 1 and 3 by learning martial arts, inshaAllah.

Kind Regards
Assalam-u-aliakum
Lizards aren't slimy. Molluscs (snails, octopi, &c.) are slimy. Lizards, like other reptiles, are dry and cold.

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
07-05-2007, 10:51 PM

:D everybody'd phobia's are kinda funny.

joking:-[ if i tell u mine thats when u will really laugh

i also get freaked out when i see pregnant ladies tummy, you know, like when the belly button bulges out. i aint even gonna look at mine if ever i'm pregnant (inshallah).

oh oh n i have a phobia of feet. not all feet, but nasty feet, (i hope no one minds me saying that, sorry if i'm offending ppl:X ) its like my heart hits the floor when i see them.+o( :omg:

جوري
07-06-2007, 05:10 AM
I have a fear of heights and tend to detest those ferris wheels... I went on one with my aunt, it was one of the tallest I'd ever been on, when I was younger I used to love these sorts of rides anyhow on that one in particular I just thought I'd pass out the entire time I'd look down and get so dizzy and nauseous, I could tell my aunt wasn't enjoying herself either though she didn't profess it. when I put my arm around her all her tensed muscles relaxed, I wondered why we got on that thing? or what possessed us both? as it seemed to linger up there forever it was tortuous as when someone reached the bottom they would load a new couple... I think if I had any govt secrets I'd have probably confessed them just to get off.

The second phobia which doesn't always happen, and I am not sure I can classify it as a phobia, is sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air, like someone is choking me... and this is really odd, because I remember the day when it first happened... when I lived in the dorms in grad school, we were living next to a cemetery lol, that is where they put all the grad students but I digress, anyhow (it was an all girls dorm) so don't come bug me about it, but that too is besides, one of the girls on the floor was really fond of "Ouija boards" on a budget and I say that because she used to carve one herself and make the letters out of paper, anyhow she felt it really opportune that we were a block away from this cemetery for sure something was bound to show, I never really took her seriously, I thought the whole thing was hilarious--but that night, I just felt something really heavy in the air as she was in the midst of her game-- my best friend just went to her room because she actually believed in that sort of stuff and didn't want to partake in it, as this girl was in midst of ceremony, I was bemused and standing by the fridge (making me a jam sandwich and cutting off the edges, I remember because I thought what transpired later must have been something I ate) in the midst of their seance I saw their arms move, I don't know if they were faking answers and movements but I did see hers and the other 2 participants arms move while they were assuming that grave querying voice-- anyhow later that evening, and I swear to God this happened I couldn't explain it but sometime around two or three in the morning, I was sleeping on my side I felt something behind me, coming closer and it started choking me, with a hand or pillow on my face, and I thought it was my flat mates playing a joke on me in light of the event-- and I was really irritated because it started off light and then I really couldn't breathe, I was in between sleeping and wakefulness anyhow I woke up and it was pitch dark, I was shuddering, I turned on the light and looked around, there was nothing, and my door was locked so there was absolutely no body there, I got out and kept knocking at my friend's door, lol she came out with her head all tied with her night treatment and her those clip on braces and was really crusty from sleep, and I accused her of trying to choke me, but I can clearly see she had nothing to do with it, I was gasping for air and I wanted her to stop breathing so I can suck in all the available air... anyhow from that day onward, on certain random nights I wake up in that exact state again, like something is choking me and I can't breathe, which is really a conundrum to me, so I try to regulate my breathing and take a glass of water, I imagine I am just respiratory depressed and acidotic -- well I intellectualize what happens as a form of respiratory depression, which obviously would trigger wakefulness and breathing when oxygen levels are at a low, but I can't explain however why it never happened prior to that night ... so to make a tediously long story short, that is if you have made it so far? lol
my two phobias are heights
and forgetting how to breathe while sleeping

MaiCarInMtl
07-06-2007, 03:28 PM
My fears include heights and I get a bit freaked of the dark sometimes (my imagination gets away with me... I think I've read too many ghost stories).

I know a guy who is absolutely terrified of... Butterflies! I don't get it, but I have a hard time imagining a grown man running away screaming from a butterfly. hehehehehe

IbnAbdulHakim
07-06-2007, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
I know a guy who is absolutely terrified of... Butterflies! I don't get it, but I have a hard time imagining a grown man running away screaming from a butterfly. hehehehehe

just try tell me that dont look freaky :offended:

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
07-06-2007, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
:giggling: das funny

Encolpius
07-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Also, the person who expressed a fear of ants is justified entirely. In Henri Charrière's semi-autobiography, "Papillon," he recounts some other convicts who gave the camp trusty to the army ants because he informed on them. Apparently it took the poor soul several days to die.

Intisar
07-06-2007, 10:42 PM
1. Dogs
2. Bees (I got stung 10 times :cry: )
3. Planes & Bridges (Anything over a body of water basically)

snakelegs
07-06-2007, 11:08 PM

just try tell me that dont look freaky :offended:
nah! - it's cute. :statisfie

Encolpius
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
1. Dogs
2. Bees (I got stung 10 times :cry: )
3. Planes & Bridges (Anything over a body of water basically)
If only door-to-door salesmen had those phobias. I'd just build a moat round my house and leave them stranded.

cute123
07-07-2007, 11:54 AM
I am scared of cockroaches ; or basically if anything touches me or creeps over me all of a sudden ; i yell badly enough to gain attention of everybody in the house. I am very scared with that

fatima_01
07-07-2007, 10:30 PM
snakes they make me shiver eww the way the move etc

Re.TiReD
07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
A new fear...ladders.... :hmm: *GULP* hmm....likin dese new smilies....specially the :mmokay: :nervous: lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.