/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are we stilling boycotting danish products

nutty
06-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Assalamun alaikum

I just wanted to know are we still boycott the danish products, what is the stance regarding that, sorry be out of touch. Want to go to legoland but that is built by the danish????????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
06-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I never did boycott in the first place.

'Abd al-Baari
06-23-2007, 07:21 PM
:sl:

if i were you then i would go! I don't think that by going to legoland you are commiting sin or harming anyone so go ahead Inshallah

If i have said something wrong please forgive me and Allah knows best!

smile
06-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't know any Danish products anyways

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
00:00
06-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes no just the danish, the Israeli/zionists products too.

searcheroftruth
06-25-2007, 06:00 AM
i see no point in boycotting there products its not going to change anything

HBot 5000
06-25-2007, 06:36 AM
^agreed!

00:00
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
i see no point in boycotting there products its not going to change anything
Actually it can, we have a ;lot of power but we just don't recognize it.

Woodrow
06-25-2007, 11:20 AM
:sl:

From what I see of boycotts they only have a short time immediate effect. The end result is the losses are passed down to the consumer so quite often the long term effect of a boycott is to hurt the very people you are trying to help.

The long term reality is it is impossible to tax or boycott a large corporation. The cost is simply passed onto the consumer.

Boycotting Israeli products may sound good, but who eventually pays the cost of the boycot. The Palestinian consumer who depends on Israeli products and the Palestinian worker who works in an Israeli factory or on an Israeli farm. The results of the boycotts seem to be unemployment for Palestinians.

When you boycott a countries products you are boycotting the businesses not the country. it would be more effective to boycott the products of a specific company not the country where the company is headquartered. By boycotting the products of a country, you may end up boycotting business owned and operated by the very people you are trying to help.

This Muslim owned business operating in Kuwait went out of business because of the Danish boycotts.

Even Muslim businesses have been victims. Kuwaiti-Danish Dairy Co. KCSC, a Kuwaiti-based and Muslim-owned company that has had no formal connection with any Danish partners for more than 20 years, has seen its sales drop 95% in Middle East markets outside Kuwait.
Source: http://sloanreview.mit.edu/smr/issue/2006/summer/02/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.