/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As-Salamu Alaykum

Asper
06-24-2007, 11:53 PM
:sl:

Hello, I'm Josh

I came across this website not too long ago after researching and trying to discover more about islam. I... I can't really think of any other way to say it, so i'll just say it:

Not long ago, I reverted to Islam and I'm feeling... isolated.. I guess. What i'm trying to say is, I know that I have a long way to go in learning all that I must do as a muslim, but I've just been so clueless as to where to start and who/what to turn to.

I'm hoping that me joining this forum, insha'allah, I'll be on the right track on the path of islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*~Sofia~*
06-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Salam brother

a BIG welcome from me! i really hope u have a beneficial stay inshallah.
Congratulations on ur reversion by the way..am soo happy 4 u :D may Allah (swt) continue to guide u :)

What i'm trying to say is, I know that I have a long way to go in learning all that I must do as a muslim,
^ dnt worry bro, just take it one step at a time..everything takes a bit of time.

but I've just been so clueless as to where to start and who/what to turn to.
^ this site is great to learn more about our beautiful religion of Islam. There r many topics discussed here, and u'll be learning in no time inshallah. Just remember Allah (swt) is always there to help u. you can always turn to him in times of need, and he wil never let u dwn :)
If u have any questions.. dnt hesitate to ask here, there are many knowledgable ppl on these forums and will always b hapy to help.. jus member ur NOT alone

I found this hadith that you may like:

Abu Khaithama narrated to us, saying: Wakee' reported to us, saying Abu Sinaan Sa'eed Ibn Sinaan
reported to us, saying: 'Antaza narrated to me, saying: I heard Ibn 'Abbaas (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) say:

"No individual treads a path by which he seeks knowledge, except that Allaah makes easy for him his path towards Paradise by it.”

Enjoy ur stay !

Wasalam

*~Sofia~*
06-25-2007, 02:49 PM
p.s here r a few sites that u may also want to look at. i find em very beneficial.

http://abdurrahman.org

http://kalamullah.com

http://www.islamcan.com

http://hadith.al-islam.com

Re.TiReD
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
:sl: you're in the right place to learn more bout Islam Insha'Allah

www.al-qaria.net for downloads :w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
06-25-2007, 03:01 PM
:salamext:

Welcome to the forums bro :) and congratulation on your reversion. May Allah keep you and us all on the straight path...ameen.

Hope you have a beneficial and enjoyable stay insha'ALLAH.

rozeena
06-25-2007, 03:13 PM
assalam alaikum bro, welcome 2 da forum. hope u enjoy ur stay.

Asper
06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
:w:

Thanks alot for the words of wisdom and the links. it's much appreciated =)

Al_Imaan
06-25-2007, 05:19 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay. And another New Yorker has joined the forum. :)

جوري
07-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Welcome aboard akhi... hope insha'Allah you find all that you are looking for here and in life... Feelings of isolation I suppose are universal not just to new Muslims.. yesterday I was feeling that same way myself .. and then by chance I embarked upon this sura...

Media Tags are no longer supported

IN THE NAME OF GOD, THE MOST GRACIOUS, THE DISPENSER OF GRACE:

1) CONSIDER the bright morning hours,

(2) and the night when it grows still and dark.*

* The expression "bright morning hours" apparently symbolizes the few and widely-spaced periods of happiness in human life, as contrasted with the much greater length of "the night when it grows still and dark", i.e., the extended periods of sorrow or suffering that, as a rule, overshadow man's existence in this world (cf. 90 : 4). The further implication is that, as sure as morning follows night, God's mercy is bound to lighten every suffering, either in this world or in the life to come - for God has "willed upon Himself the law of grace and mercy" (6:12 and 54).

(3) Thy Sustainer has not forsaken thee, nor does He scorn thee:*

*Sc., ''as the thoughtless might conclude in view of the suffering that He has willed thee to bear".

(4) for, indeed, the life to come will be better for thee than this earlier part [of thy life]!

(5) And, indeed, in time will thy Sustainer grant thee [what thy heart desires], and thou shalt be well-pleased.

(6) Has He not found thee an orphan, and given thee shelter?*

*Possibly an allusion to the fact that Muhammad was born a few months after his father's death, and that his mother died when he was only six years old. Apart from this, however, every human being is an "orphan" in one sense or another, inasmuch as everyone is "created in a lonely state" (cf. 6:94), and "will appear before Him on Resurrection Day in a lonely state" (19:95).

(7) And found thee lost on thy way, and guided thee?

(8) And found thee in want, and given thee sufficiency?

(9) Therefore, the orphan shalt thou never wrong,

(10) and him that seeks [thy] help shalt thou never chide,*

*The term sa'il denotes" literally, "one who asks", which signifies not only a "beggar" but anyone who asks for help in a difficult situation, whether physical or moral, or even for enlightenment.

(11) and of thy Sustainer's blessings shalt thou [ever] speak.*

*Sc., "rather than of thy suffering".
And I felt so much better... I suppose what I am trying to say is.. Let Allah be a great source of comfort to you... And I hope your new brothers and sisters are also a source of support and comfort..
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.